Closed Thread
Page 34 of 364 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 134 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 10915
    I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Tip of the Week

Get to the Gym; Work Effectively and Efficiently; and Then Get the Heck Out of There!

Many Bodybuilders' Workouts Are Way Too Long?and Their Intensity Plummets

Many bodybuilders mistakenly believe that working out longer and doing more exercises and sets makes them better than the average person. They misguidedly see themselves as some type of training warrior who is going above and beyond the call of duty in order to achieve their ambitious goals. They incorrectly see themselves as working much harder than the average person because they are willing to put more time in the gym.

More isn't better?not when it comes to bodybuilding and training. Don't fool yourself and confuse time spent in the gym or volume of work with progress. This is one of the toughest things for many people training in the gym to understand.

You'll move from exercise to exercise smoothly and efficiently when you establish a time frame that you are committed to work within. It will be easier to focus on the matter-at-hand when you only have so much time to do so. Make a game out of meeting the time goal that you've established. This is just one more simple way to set the stage for a more productive training session.

Your weight training sessions should last no longer than one hour. And you know what? I'm being extremely liberal with that amount of time. I really believe you can be extremely effective in far less time. But, because I know it's such a challenge for most of us to shorten our workouts and still feel confident that we are doing enough to meet our bodybuilding goals, I'll make the cutoff point one hour.

Regardless of how you try to rationalize it, longer training sessions are NOT more productive. You must force yourself to become just as effective in a shorter period of time by becoming more efficient.

To borrow a phrase I learned from former Mr. Olympia Lee Haney, you want to ?stimulate? the muscles when you are in the gym and not ?annihilate? them. Stimulating the muscles can be done quite effectively in one hour or less. It's a fact that the more time you spend in the gym, the more your concentration and focus will wane. The more your mental focus and concentration diminish the less effective you will become physically.

Let me explain why doing four sets of every exercise is not an efficient way to train. Let's just say you plan on doing four sets of a particular exercise. During each set of that exercise, your goal is to get at least eight repetitions.

On the first set, you get eight reps?exactly as you had planned. While performing the second set, you will usually get all eight reps again. During the third set, you tend to squeak out all eight reps as well. Getting all of those reps during the third set may have been a bit more challenging than the first two sets. But, despite the difficulty, you were mentally tough and managed to meet your rep range goal. If you do happen to get any more than eight reps during any of those first three sets, you more than likely won't get many more than one or two in addition to the eight.

This is how I would describe my training performance in the past. No matter what exercise I was doing or which body part I was training, it always seemed to work out that way. Hasn't this been true in your case as well?

But isn't it strange that, when you know you only have one set remaining of a particular exercise, your mindset changes? You can mysteriously muster up incredible strength and produce three, four, or even five more reps for an amazing total of 13! All of a sudden, you really became a training warrior. You've instantly transformed into a determined, machine-like madman who would make Dorian Yates (my role model for training intensity) envious!

If you think about it, don't you believe your performance should have turned out just the opposite? Let me explain what I mean:

If you were really giving your all like you thought you were during the first three sets, there shouldn't be nearly as much energy and power left to meet?much less exceed?that goal of eight reps during the last set. There simply shouldn't be that much physical strength left inside of you by that time.

If you were truly training with the utmost intensity you probably should have gotten about 12 repetitions during the first set; somewhere around 10 reps during the second one; eight or nine during the third one; and maybe only about six during the fourth one.

Take Action and Do This NOW!

I urge you to eliminate less-than-intense sets?and start training like a training warrior would during every set?during the entire workout!

You must ignite a sense of urgency in order to train with the highest level of intensity. Planning to do only one, two, and sometimes three sets creates that sense of urgency you need.

Using fewer sets, aiming for fewer reps during those sets, training only one body part per training session, and training each body part less frequently will make you spend less time in the gym. It will be much easier to keep your focus, concentration, and intensity level high when you are required to do so for shorter periods of time. When you adopt these "less is more" strategies, your workouts should take no longer than 60 minutes.

The cornerstone to any effective training strategy is the amount of intensity that's put into it. Whatever training routine or philosophy you decide to use, you must train with intensity. Without enough intensity, your training efforts will produce results that are mediocre at best.

Intensity in training can be described as giving 100 percent of your mind, body, and soul to every repetition, every set, every exercise, and every workout. Intensity means pounding the weights so hard that every set throughout your entire workout ends in absolute failure. In other words, you have absolutely nothing left in reserve when the set is completed. Intensity is just as much a mental feat as it is a physical one.

When you train with this type of passion, zeal, and enthusiasm, constant improvement in your physique is inevitable. If you train with intensity, there's no question that you'll be more productive in your bodybuilding efforts than those people who do not. The higher your training intensity level becomes, the better you'll be at initiating the muscle-building process.

============================================

Resources That WILL Take Your Efforts to the Next Level

===============================================

Start Your Bodybuilding and Training MASTERY JOURNEY Now!

Take control of your bodybuilding and training destiny! Start MASTERING this area of your life and order my Complete DVD and Book Library Special TODAY! I have bundled all of this POWERFUL information at a DISCOUNTED package price. I will even ship this valuable INVESTMENT in yourself absolutely FREE.

I've written ten (10) books and have produced seven (7) DVDs that explain every facet of bodybuilding. Almost 1,900 pages are written and over 20 hours of video footage created of pure INSTRUCTION and PASSION!

My almost 20 years of COMMITMENT have helped men JUST LIKE YOU take their bodies to the NEXT LEVEL in 52 COUNTRIES AROUND THE PLANET.

Order Complete DVD and Book Library Special NOW

http://skiplacour.com/dvd_library.htm

Learn what it takes to finally WIN at your bodybuilding and training efforts from a proven CHAMPION. Step-by-step, you'll MASTER your weight training, cardiovascular training, eating, mental, and lifestyle strategies with Skip La Cour's. . .

"The Mindset and Actions of a Champion" Bodybuilding and Training Seminar (11 Hours and 30 Minutes and Workbooks)

Click here to learn more about this awesome step-by-step program:

http://www.skiplacour.com/teleseminars/bt_files.htm
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

jessedha is just really nice. (+1000) jessedha is just really nice. (+1000) jessedha is just really nice. (+1000) jessedha is just really nice. (+1000) jessedha is just really nice. (+1000) jessedha is just really nice. (+1000) jessedha is just really nice. (+1000) jessedha is just really nice. (+1000) jessedha is just really nice. (+1000) jessedha is just really nice. (+1000) jessedha is just really nice. (+1000)
    thanks for the reply. what i meant to ask was what concepts have been tried and true for you and people you work with? some people say low carb works best, some people say high reps work best, some people say you must supplement with at least 1.5 g of protein per pound, some say anything above 1 g is ridiculous. im just sick of trying to scope through all the truth because it's lies upon lies in this industry. just want the truth. dont matter if it's too harsh.

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jessedha View Post
    thanks for the reply. what i meant to ask was what concepts have been tried and true for you and people you work with? some people say low carb works best, some people say high reps work best, some people say you must supplement with at least 1.5 g of protein per pound, some say anything above 1 g is ridiculous. im just sick of trying to scope through all the truth because it's lies upon lies in this industry. just want the truth. dont matter if it's too harsh.
    I wouldn't look at it as "lies."

People are giving you what they BELIEVE to be the truth.

That DOES NOT mean that it is the most effective and efficienct way, though. But, I think that's what they honestly believe (myself included).

Look, when I was 15 years old, I had a job loading wooden shingles for track home roofs. I had to carry them off the cargo train; into the yard; onto the truck; and then onto the houses.

You know what? It was an awesome workout! I became an all-star shortstop with the older boys that year; was fast; and hit with power!

I'm sure I would have wrote about the "Wooden Shingle Workout Plan" back then and how great it was (if there was an internet back then )

There's this guy in the gym I see who has no clue what he is doing. He's highly motivated and he shows up consistently. You know what? He looks great! He's made great improvements!

He'd probably would swear by his workout routine as being the best. Why? because he's getting great results!

If you just show up to the gym on a consistent basis; finish whatever workout you plan; and most importantly, eat well--you are going to look pretty darn good (FOR YOU). It's just a matter of how good.

So, you see, even if someone tells you what they honestly believe works, that doesn't mean it is the most effective and efficient way to train.
    Last edited by skiplacour; 07-15-2009 at 03:18 PM.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

If you are a competitive bodybuilder (or want to compete soon), join my new group on ******** for tips.

http://www.********.com/group.php?gid=142477640608

jessedha is just really nice. (+1000) jessedha is just really nice. (+1000) jessedha is just really nice. (+1000) jessedha is just really nice. (+1000) jessedha is just really nice. (+1000) jessedha is just really nice. (+1000) jessedha is just really nice. (+1000) jessedha is just really nice. (+1000) jessedha is just really nice. (+1000) jessedha is just really nice. (+1000) jessedha is just really nice. (+1000)
    then it that case, what is truly the most effective and efficient way to train? would u say max-ot is?

Originally Posted by jessedha View Post
    then it that case, what is truly the most effective and efficient way to train? would u say max-ot is?
    Take a look through this thread. In addition to that being addressed dozens of times, there is some free information in pdf files offered.

Contest Preparation SECRETS

Contest Preparation SECRETS: There's Always More You Can Do to Get Ready for Your Show

By Skip La Cour
    Six Time National Bodybuilding Champion
    Success Coach

The Competitor Who Has the Highest Standards for What He Expects from Himself for the Longest Period of Time Will Win (All Other Factors Being Equal)

One of the toughest challenges of contest preparation is to keep driving yourself to a higher level throughout the entire journey. It's easy to become a little complacent when you know you are already working extremely hard and looking really good. This is especially true when you are clearly head and shoulders above the rest of your friends and acquaintances (both inside and outside of the gym) in terms of dedication, discipline, and physical development.

"You are looking great! You are going to do really well!" or "Wow! You must be pretty close to being ready for your contest, aren't you? How much longer do you have to go?" are probably just a fraction of the positive feedback being said to you at this time. Although their words are encouraging and make you feel good, you can't buy into the hype. I willing to bet that every competitor who will step onstage with you at your upcoming contest is being showered with those very same complimentary comments as you read this paragraph.

As Bill Bradley, the former New York Knicks basketball star and New Jersey state senator, used to say, "There is always someone out there working harder than you are." Those words prevented him from getting too full of himself and kept him always striving for a higher level of dedication. I have reflected upon his words as I've prepared for my bodybuilding contests over the years.

No matter how hard you are working to prepare for your contest, there's always a higher level of work, dedication, discipline, and follow through that you can execute. There's always one more rep you can pump out; five more pounds you can lift; one more calorie you can burn or one-tenth of a mile more you can travel during your cardiovascular training session; at least another meal you can eat exactly on time; or a few more minutes you can spend perfecting your posing.

But you will not strive for that higher level until you first do two things. The first thing you must do is realize that you can indeed work even harder and secondly, you must specifically identify exactly what is the higher level you are shooting for.

Look, it's no threat to your ego having to admit that you can become even better at preparing for your show. Doing so doesn't take away from anything you have already done up until this point in time. You just want to build upon what you've been doing until this point-in-time. As the saying goes "The tougher you are on yourself now, the easier life will become in the future." You might as well be extremely tough on yourself now when you have time to make adjustments. That's a heck of a lot better than wishing you would have done more the day after your contest, isn't it? The pain you put yourself through now will lead to more pleasure for you to enjoy later.

Identify exactly what you must do to take yourself to the next level. This is where setting goals at the beginning of your day and week--and then assessing what you have and have not accomplished at the end of each day and week really augment your efforts.

How has your weight training been going--really? Have you missed any cardio sessions lately? Are you following through with your "Daily Disciplines" or are you rationalizing your lack of follow through by telling yourself "I'm ahead of schedule" or "I have plenty of time left to get ready for my show"? Be honest with yourself. This is not the time to tell yourself stories to avoid short-term pain or disappointment.

Believe me, the gut-wrenching pain of falling short of being your best after your contest is over is far more painful than the benign pain of admitting to yourself now that your efforts can be tightened up a little.

===========================

Resources That Will Take Your Contest Preparation To a Higher Level

Read what competitive bodybuilders just like are saying about this OUTSTANDING bodybuilding contest preparation seminar--and get the mp3 sound files and pdf workbooks email to you TODAY!

?Skip La Cour's ULTIMATE Contest Preparation seminar is excellent! For beginners, there isn't a more thorough system to follow which will result in your success. As for the intermediate and advanced bodybuilders, Skip makes like-minded individuals aware of that the ups, downs, and all around. He tells you in advance how your mind will play tricks at such an elite level. His theories are nothing short of spectacular and easy to replicate, commit to, and focus on!! The more tools you use from his arsenal, the more likely you will achieve the desired results you wish for. I don't know about you, but as for me, I'm committed 100% to Skip's contest preparation system and it has catapulted me physically, mentally, and emotionally to greater heights. The benefits and knowledge you acquire from picking his brain will far out way the cost. The priceless information you can take with you forever and it comes directly from one of the best natural bodybuilders in the history of the sport. Start today and achieve the success you deserve!?

Matt Zintak
    Chicago, IL

?I want to thank you for teaching me your contest preparation strategies in your seminar. What a ton of information for a very modest fee. You're awesome, dude! The biggest thing I got out of it is the mental toughness that a person needs if they want to succeed in reaching their bodybuilding goals. That mindset that the challenge it's ?me against me.' I'm looking forward to the challenge?

Colin LaRose
    New Haven VT

?Thanks for this ULTIMATE Contest Preparation Seminar, Skip! The value of this information is above and beyond the investment. You have done an awesome job of explaining every detail of contest preparation in an easy-to-understand manner. I now have the certainty and confidence I need to WIN. Now that my mind is perfectly clear about what it takes to be the best, all I have to do is EXECUTE!?

TJ Carver
    Centerville, UT

?I would really like to thank you for your training, nutrition, and competition advice in your ULTIMATE Contest Preparation seminar. I invested in your seminar not knowing what to expect. I came out of it feeling more dedicated and more confident than ever for my competition. This is also my first competition, so every single detail of the competition preparation is all on paper and good to go! I get to listen to YOU tell me everything I need to know and be prepared for in the comfort of my own home, bus, car, etc. I feel mentally and physically stronger than ever before, my goals are much stronger, and I have never wanted to win anything so badly in my life. I'm 12 weeks out and each week has plans and goals that are well-structured, Now, it's simply time to execute. If anyone out there is thinking about investing in a program such as this, do so! It is money well spent for advice coming from someone who has many, many years of experience. Keep on keeping on!?

Mark Brabazon
    South Perth
    Australia

?Thank goodness you have taken the time to observe, record, analyze, and share your wealth of information with so many people at such a small investment. The cost is priceless compared to the years of experience you have amassed. You have done the years of hard work and experimentation which has lead to a set of strategies that are the most effective and efficient. I'm certain I will get greater results in less time and absolutely no guess work. All I will have to do is follow your advice ?to a T' and work hard.?

Anthony Mango
    Sugar Land, TX

Go here to learn about this program:

http://skiplacour.com/contestprep/ucp_files.htm

Tip of the Week

You Can't Just "Show Up" to the Gym and Expect to Grow

Many Bodybuilders Don't Come to the Gym with a Definitive Workout Plan

Can you believe that some bodybuilders show up to the gym without a well-defined game plan? They put too much faith in their instincts to guide them through their training sessions. This is a big, stupid mistake.

There's a saying that goes ?When you fail to plan?you plan to fail.? You should never take even one step into the gym without knowing exactly what you are going to do during that day's workout. Resist the temptation to be guided by your feelings or emotions on a particular training day. As you may already realize, your feelings about anything can change every 10 minutes. Come into the gym with a plan-of-attack and be ready to execute that plan the best you can once it's established.

Set simple training goals before every workout. Creating a short list of ?training disciplines? can be extremely helpful in your pursuit of big muscle gains. This list can include a few simple tasks that you'll focus on during your workouts even when you're not as motivated as you'd like to be.

Simply getting to the gym on time, completing every one of the exercises and sets that you planned to do when you stepped into the gym, making sure you really focus on the targeted muscle group during every repetition, and completing your training session in an hour are just a few examples of what you can include on your list of simple training goals. You don't need to be extremely detailed right off the bat, but create some structure to your workout so you'll know that you are progressing. As you track your goals, you will increase your level of focus and successfully take your efforts to the next level.

Be ready for every single set you perform in the gym. Know what you want to achieve before your hands even touch ?metal.? You should always know the minimum number of repetitions you want to do before your hands even touch a barbell, dumbbell, or training machine apparatus. You should also know the minimum number of calories you want to burn and the minimum distance you want to travel before your feet touch the bike pedals or machine floor mat when doing cardiovascular training. Never let your body dictate what you can do when you can use your powerful mind to bolster its performance. Unless, of course, your body wants to do a little better than the specific goals you've set.

Consider taking this training strategy even a little further. Invest a little time to think about your next workout before you leave the gym. There's no need to get really involved in this particular step but do take the time to think about your next workout. You'll set your mental ?wheels in motion? with a simple preview of what's to come during your next training session. Trust me. You'll be astonished with how effectively your subconscious brain will prepare you for your next productive workout over the next day or so?with very little effort on your part. You'll discover that this tip is a great investment of the last 30 to 60 seconds you spend in the gym.

==============================================

Take control of your bodybuilding and training destiny! Start MASTERING this area of your life and order my Complete DVD and Book Library Special TODAY! I have bundled all of this POWERFUL information at a DISCOUNTED package price. I will even ship this valuable INVESTMENT in yourself absolutely FREE.

I've written ten (10) books and have produced seven (7) DVDs that explain every facet of bodybuilding. Almost 1,900 pages are written and over 20 hours of video footage created of pure INSTRUCTION and PASSION!

My almost 20 years of COMMITMENT have helped men JUST LIKE YOU take their bodies to the NEXT LEVEL in 52 COUNTRIES AROUND THE PLANET.

http://skiplacour.com/dvd_library.htm

Contest Preparation Is Like "Navigating An Airplane"

By Skip La Cour
    Success Coach

[/i]Don?t Assume That You?ll Look Your Best Without Some Physical, Mental, Emotional, and Psychological Adjustments Along the Way)[/i]

No matter how well you may think you are doing at preparing for your upcoming contest, you can never let up. You must continue working diligently and intelligently all the way up until the time you step off stage after the evening show.

You simply can?t take anything for granted. Nothing! You just can?t let up until the very end?and not a minute before it?s completely finished. You can?t waste valuable time due to complacency. You can never get back the time you?ve wasted.

There?s always more you can do. There?s always a higher level to achieve. When you consider staying focused, eliminating distractions, keeping the proper level of motivation, commitment, and perspective, weight training, dieting, cardiovascular training, posing practice, tanning, staying in stock with everything you need, preparing what you need for the actual show, making sure your ?regular? life doesn?t get too of out whack, and somehow getting your mind right so can enjoy the journey (without enjoying it too much, if you know what I mean), there are simply too many aspects to the contest preparation process for you to let yourself become complacent.

I like to compare contest preparation to flying an airplane. Who cares how well you are flying the plane halfway through your trip if you make a crash-landing at the end of it?

If you are determined to be one of the select, COURAGEOUS few men who actually step on stage and actually feel the tremendous FULFILLMENT of entering a bodybuilding contest, I want you to TAKE ACTION NOW.

I?ve outlined the ENTIRE contest preparation process for you in my 11 hour and 30 minute ULTIMATE Contest Preparation Audio Seminar Course. EVERY aspect of the process is covered so the only thing left for you to do is to . . .

. . . Commit, Execute, and Follow Through!

Check out what this outstanding course has to offer by clicking the link below. I?ll have the mp3 audio files and PDF workbook files sent to your email address within MINUTES.

It?s time to STOP TALKING and START DOING!

P.S. This comprehensive audio seminar course is also AWESOME for anyone who didn?t do as well as they would have liked and are NOW looking for an EDGE. I hold NOTHING back as I reveal everything it took for me to become a Six-Time National Champion.

Rendleman1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Skip,
    I was wondering if you could post a link to your 13 max ot routines? I am on my off week right now and I have finished all of the max ot program routines. Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by Rendleman1 View Post
    Hey Skip,
    I was wondering if you could post a link to your 13 max ot routines? I am on my off week right now and I have finished all of the max ot program routines. Thanks in advance!
    Here you go:

http://www.skiplacour.com/max_ot_routine_home.htm

Tip of the Week

Start the Muscle Recovery and Growth Process Immediately with Good Nutritional Habits

Many Bodybuilders Don't Start the Muscle Recovery Process When It's Most Needed With A Post-Workout Nutrition Plan

This problem occurs when bodybuilders don't eat immediately after their workouts.

Here's the challenge:

?I usually don't get a chance to eat until after I get home from the gym. By the time I get myself settled, a couple hours have passed.?

For the same reasons that you must prioritize eating properly before you train, you must also execute an effective post-workout nutritional plan. You should consume a small meal comprised of a high quality protein source and high-glycemic carbohydrates after your weight training and cardiovascular training workouts. Doing so will protect the muscle you've already earned and immediately kick the massively-important muscle recovery process into gear.

If you tear it up in the gym the way you like to do during your workouts, your muscles are likely to be depleted of their valuable protein stores?even if you eat before the workout. Your blood sugar levels have been lowered while training as well. When your blood sugar levels have been lowered, the muscles will have difficulty getting the protein they need to maintain their size.

I've had certified personal trainers ask me why I would eat my VP2 Whey Isolate and Creatine HSC mixture right after beating myself up on the recumbent bike. ?Aren't you hindering the fat-burning process that you started by doing cardio when you eat so soon afterward?? they've asked.

I, too, used to believe that you shouldn't eat anything for a period of time after doing cardiovascular training. I must have read somewhere that doing so would cause your body to stop using your stored body fat as fuel as you intended. Instead, you would start using the food you just made available as fuel.

You don't really burn enough fat at the time you train or immediately afterwards to miss the opportunity to protect your starving muscles from damage caused by training.

Effectively burning body fat has far more to do with the number of calories you consume versus the number of calories you burn throughout the entire day. You will do a better job of shedding body fat when you focus on creating the proper deficit between the two during the day with intelligent nutritional habits.

http://www.skiplacour.com/dvd_library.htm
    Last edited by skiplacour; 07-29-2009 at 09:14 AM.

Contest Preparation SECRETS: The Importance of Posing Practice

By Skip La Cour
    Success Coach

Contest Preparation SECRETS: The Importance of Posing Practice

You've Done Everything It Takes to Build a Great Body So Do Yourself A Big Favor and Do Everything It takes to Present It Well On Stage

Practicing your posing is very important. There's absolutely no doubt about it! If you are going to go through all the time and effort of dieting, weight training, cardiovascular training, and sacrificing a lot of the more enjoyable things in life to enter a bodybuilding contest, you should take a just a little bit more time and effort to make sure you present what you've created in the best possible manner.

I urged bodybuilders not to worry too much about posing on contest day until the it is the right time. Instead, I recommend that you put all of your focus and energy toward creating the outstanding big, full, muscular, and lean physique that you want to present on the special day. I suggest that competitive bodybuilders should not start posing until about six or so weeks out from their show.

At the six-week point, it's now time to start practicing your posing.

When you begin your posing practice, it's extremely important that you make sure you are hitting each of the poses correctly. I don't care how many hours of posing practice you put into the presentation of your physique if you do not poses correctly when the day of your show arrives.

That's why you must get off to a good start when you begin your posing practice. Hire a posing coach who lives nearby for personal instruction if possible. A posing coach can be any current or former competitive bodybuilder in your local area who you feel is experienced, qualified, and willing to help. You should also invest in instructional posing videos.

Take control of the quality of your posing yourself by taking still digital camera images and video footage. Before you get too far along into the practicing process, you should break down the pictures and video footage--just as a coach would break down his team's play execution from game films. The couple of hours you spend critique your presentation at the beginning will save you a significant amount of wasted time posing incorrectly without even realizing you are doing so.

When you start to practice, schedule your sessions at a certain time each day just as you would your meals, weight training workouts, or cardiovascular training sessions. Start out by doing three or four 30 minutes sessions a week and build from there as needed. During the last three weeks, I would recommend that you practice posing every single day.

Be structured in your approach to posing practice. Have a consistent and systematic plan during every practice session. You should start with the relaxed quarter turns, move on to the mandatory posing, then to your 60-second routine (without music), and finish off with your 90-second routine set to music. Practice your posing in this orderly fashion every single time you work on the proper presentation of your physique.

Although you'll only need to hold each pose for about five seconds during your contest, I would recommend that you hit each pose for 15 seconds as you practice. This way, you'll build up the physical and mental endurance you'll need to do the very best job of displaying the body you've worked so hard to create the very best when the pressure is on.

======================================
    Resources That Will Take Your Bodybuilding Contest Preparation to the Next Level!

Read what competitive bodybuilders just like are saying about this OUTSTANDING bodybuilding contest preparation seminar--and get the mp3 sound files and pdf workbooks email to you TODAY!

"Skip La Cour's ULTIMATE Contest Preparation seminar is excellent! For beginners, there isn't a more thorough system to follow which will result in your success. As for the intermediate and advanced bodybuilders, Skip makes like-minded individuals aware of that the ups, downs, and all around. He tells you in advance how your mind will play tricks at such an elite level. His theories are nothing short of spectacular and easy to replicate, commit to, and focus on!! The more tools you use from his arsenal, the more likely you will achieve the desired results you wish for. I don?t know about you, but as for me, I?m committed 100% to Skip?s contest preparation system and it has catapulted me physically, mentally, and emotionally to greater heights. The benefits and knowledge you acquire from picking his brain will far out way the cost. The priceless information you can take with you forever and it comes directly from one of the best natural bodybuilders in the history of the sport. Start today and achieve the success you deserve!"

Matt Zintak
    Chicago, IL

"I want to thank you for teaching me your contest preparation strategies in your seminar. What a ton of information for a very modest fee. You're awesome, dude! The biggest thing I got out of it is the mental toughness that a person needs if they want to succeed in reaching their bodybuilding goals. That mindset that the challenge it's ?me against me.' I'm looking forward to the challenge."

Colin LaRose
    New Haven VT

Learn more about Skip La Cour's ULTIMATE Contest Preparation Audio Seminar Course by clicking here:

Originally Posted by .assassin. View Post
    Skip, do you regularly write down your workouts?
    Yes.

Tip of the Week

Step By Step, You WILL Get the Job Done

Many Bodybuilders Are Too Consumed with Their Outcome Rather Than the Individual Actions That Will Eventually Produce Those Outcomes

Some people in the gym don?t allow themselves to be happy or even satisfied until their ultimate goal is finally achieved. Unless they packed-on all 20 pounds of muscles they?ve set out to gain or dumped all 10 pounds they planned to lose, they aren?t happy. This oftentimes ruins their bodybuilding journeys and makes the entire time getting there a miserable experience. With this disempowering mindset, they more than likely will never get there.

Instead of being results-oriented, you need to become action-oriented. What I mean by that is you need to create a series of action steps that you can do every day to get you closer to the body you ultimately want. Then, you must get yourself to follow through with those action steps on a consistent basis.

Take Action and Do this NOW!

Know exactly what you want to gain from your training efforts. Make sure that you create a long term ?vision? for exactly what you want to accomplish. Determine what you want to achieve and the timeframe in which you expect to do so. With a clearly defined objective and deadline in mind, you can then determine what specific actions you?ll need to execute every day to get you to your ultimate goal.

After following through with your plan on a consistent basis, you?ll discover that these tasks will become habits. You won?t even need to think about doing them.

You be able to put your head on your pillow at night after executing these daily action steps with a feeling of victory. You can experience that feeling of victory every single day?not only when the big, ultimate goal is finally achieved.

Small improvements?done consistently over a period of time?will produce massive results. That?s a belief that?s so true. If you adopt this way of thinking, it will empower you through the more challenging times of your bodybuilding journey.

==============================================

I?ve written ten (10) books and have produced seven (7) DVDs that explain every facet of bodybuilding. Almost 1,900 pages are written and over 20 hours of video footage created of pure INSTRUCTION and PASSION!

FREE Ebook

Sign Up for My FREE Bodybuilding & Training Tips Every Week (and get a Bonus Gift Too)!

Your BONUS GIFT Ebook "The Top 10 Secrets of the Best Drug-Free Bodybuilders" will be sent to your e-mail address.

Attached Images
    Last edited by skiplacour; 08-05-2009 at 09:20 AM.

The FUNDAMENTALS are going to get you where you want to go!

The FUNDAMENTALS are going to get you where you want to go?not the fancy, exciting, "revolutionary" training and eating strategies!

Hello, Men.

It?s Skip La Cour with another important message as your strive to take your bodybuilding and training efforts to a higher level.

Not everything you read in the bodybuilding magazines and on the internet web sites is EQUAL IN IMPORTANCE.

As you strive to take your training, eating, and physical development to a higher level, you must learn how to distinguish between what?s important?and what is NOT.

The FUNDAMENTALS are going to get you where you want to go?not the fancy, exciting, ?revolutionary? training and eating strategies that seem to immediately grab the attention of those people looking for shortcuts.

Fundamentals are the building blocks. Mastering the fundamentals is the key to your success.

Those people who succeed with their bodybuilding and training efforts have identified, focused on, and mastered the FUNDAMENTALS.

Those people who struggle haven?t even been able to identify what the fundamentals are.

There's no need for you to put much energy into figuring out whether a barbell curl will build your biceps more effectively than a dumbbell curl; if brown rice is better to eat than white rice; or exactly how you should cycle your creatine if you are NOT showing up to the gym consistently or eating your six meals a day consistently!

And those are just two of the basic fundamentals that you need to really focus on--and I have dozens more examples!

You absolutely must take care of the fundamentals FIRST. Only then can you move on to the more "complex' bodybuilding and training principles. And, only when you have effectively handled the fundamentals will the more complex strategies even make sense to you--let alone produce any significant results.

Here's a helpful tip after reading information in a bodybuilding magazine or a website.

Ask yourself these three (3) questions:

1. How would I rank this information in terms of importance on a scale of 1 to 10? (10 = extremely important; 1 = maybe interesting--but not very important for where I am right now). You see, EVERY writer will be passionate about the information he or she shares in a magazine or on a web site--so I am sure it will sound awesome to you. Don't let that writer's passion and persuasive words take you off track.

2. Will this new strategy really produce any significant results if I am not executing the basic fundamentals? (i.e. showing up at the gym on a consistent basis; focusing while I am there; or eating five or six meals throughout the day.) If not, hold off on putting the new plan into action until you have the fundamentals covered.

3. What exactly will I gain by adopting and implementing this new strategy--and abandoning the one I'm currently using? Put a SPECIFIC NUMBER on it (i.e. 10 pounds of more rock-solid muscle in the next year; 5 pounds less body fat; etc.). And, I'm not talking about if it would "feel better" to you! (I coach my students to NEVER use their feelings to guide them because feelings are UNRELIABLE, UNPREDICTABLE, and oftentimes IRRATIONAL.)

Let's face it, if taking this new direction isn't going to produce anything more than making you "feel good," you might as well stick to the one you already have and put all of your energy into making this one work.

Man! I WISH I had this kind of valuable information available to me when I first started training. I had to learn to how make sense out of all the THOUSANDS of articles of other people OPINIONS all by myself! Just think of how much time I wasted!

What happens when you look at all of the MASSIVE amounts of bodybuilding and training information like it is ALL equal in importance? You are overcome with frustration, overwhelm, and eventually quit altogether. I've seen time and time again in my many years of helping other people.

But how do you decide what is important with your limited amount of experience?

As YOUR COACH who has over 20 years of experience, you need me to emphasize what needs to emphasized. And ONLY what needs to be emphasized! That's EXACTLY what I have done in my 13 hour audio seminar course "The Mindset and Actions of a Champion" complete with workbooks.

I've laid out everything for you in an organized and PRIORITIZED manner. This program teaches you how to WIN at your bodybuilding and training efforts. The massively important fundamentals of weight training, cardiovascular training, nutrition, nutritional supplementation, and the critical mental skills that you need are DRIVEN HOME to guarantee your SUCCESS!

The two-hour session on NUTRITION ALONE is worth the entire investment for the "Mindset and Actions of a Champion" audio seminar course. During this session (Session Two), I will teach, outline, guide, and motivate you with a step-by-step method for you to create an eating plan that builds MUSCLE and dumps BODY FAT and fits perfectly for YOUR lifestyle.

SPECIAL FREE THREE EBOOK OFFER

For a LIMITED TIME, I will give you THREE (3) of my very best-selling ebooks ABSOLUTELY FREE. The three ebooks that I have sold THOUSANDS of copies in over 52 countries around the world (Skip La Cour's Bodybuilding Nutrition, Thinking Big, and Thinking Big II) are a $54.97 value!

MONEY BACK GUARANTEE

I?m so confident that you will find this audio seminar course far more of a value than the money that you've invested that I?m offering a 100 PERCENT MONEY BACK GUARANTEE if you are not completely satisfied. All that I ask is that you go through the entire program, take notes throughout it, and fill out the exercises in the workbooks.

You can even keep the three ebooks as my gift for taking action to take your bodybuilding and training efforts to the next level. When you finish this intense Bodybuilding and Training seminar, you?ll know exactly WHAT to do to get to the next level.

The only question left will be IF you are going to do it.

And that?s an AWESOME position to be in, isn't it?

Go here NOW for more information about this AMAZING bodybuilding and training audio seminar course:

http://www.skiplacour.com/teleseminars/bt_files.htm

Copyright 2009 Skip La Cour Consulting. All Rights Reserved.
    Last edited by skiplacour; 08-06-2009 at 11:01 AM.

Contest Preparation SECRETS: Hamstrings and Glutes Separation Makes the Difference

By Skip La Cour
    Success Coach

Contest Preparation SECRETS: Hamstrings and Glutes Separation Makes the Difference Between a Champion and an Also-Ran

Every One of the Top Finishers Are Going to Have Nicely Etched Abs and Striations on Their Chest and Shoulders--So Don't Be Content With That Level of Conditioning

Conditioning, the visible degree of leanness and muscularity, is an extremely important factor that determines the quality of the physique you'll present of stage. NOW is the time to work hard to reduce your body fat levels. You must make certain to use all of the time ahead of you. Don't wait until the final weeks and be forced to take drastic measures in ordered to be prepared for your show in time.

Continual and honest assessment of your progress is essential to your success. Many competitive bodybuilders make the mistake of "falling in love" with the way they are looking far too early in the contest preparation process. "I'm already in the shape of my life!" or "I'm way ahead of schedule" are some comments you'll often hear them say. Don't become complacent just because your abdominals are nicely etched or because you're getting cross-striations on your chest and shoulder muscles. Heck! Everyone on stage will be in that kind of condition when contest day arrives

What makes the difference between a champion and an "also-ran" competitor will be the separation of their hamstrings and glutes. Those are the tell-tale signals that cry out to the judges which bodybuilders did their homework and put forth the most effort.

When you look at yourself in the mirror during your contest preparation journey, turn around. Evaluate how well your hamstrings and glutes are coming in. Keeping your eye on achieving the "gold standard" in conditioning will keep you humble and working hard. Trust me!

Resources That Will Take Your Bodybuilding Contest Preparation to the Next Level!

'Skip La Cour's ULTIMATE Contest Preparation seminar is excellent! For beginners, there isn't a more thorough system to follow which will result in your success. As for the intermediate and advanced bodybuilders, Skip makes like-minded individuals aware of that the ups, downs, and all around. He tells you in advance how your mind will play tricks at such an elite level. His theories are nothing short of spectacular and easy to replicate, commit to, and focus on!! The more tools you use from his arsenal, the more likely you will achieve the desired results you wish for. I don?t know about you, but as for me, I?m committed 100% to Skip?s contest preparation system and it has catapulted me physically, mentally, and emotionally to greater heights. The benefits and knowledge you acquire from picking his brain will far out way the cost. The priceless information you can take with you forever and it comes directly from one of the best natural bodybuilders in the history of the sport. Start today and achieve the success you deserve!"

Matt Zintak
    Chicago, IL

"I want to thank you for teaching me your contest preparation strategies in your seminar. What a ton of information for a very modest fee. You're awesome, dude! The biggest thing I got out of it is the mental toughness that a person needs if they want to succeed in reaching their bodybuilding goals. That mindset that the challenge it's ?me against me.' I'm looking forward to the challenge"

Colin LaRose
    New Haven VT

"Thanks for this ULTIMATE Contest Preparation Seminar, Skip! The value of this information is above and beyond the investment. You have done an awesome job of explaining every detail of contest preparation in an easy-to-understand manner. I now have the certainty and confidence I need to WIN. Now that my mind is perfectly clear about what it takes to be the best, all I have to do is EXECUTE!"

TJ Carver
    Centerville, UT

"I would really like to thank you for your training, nutrition, and competition advice in your ULTIMATE Contest Preparation seminar. I invested in your seminar not knowing what to expect. I came out of it feeling more dedicated and more confident than ever for my competition. This is also my first competition, so every single detail of the competition preparation is all on paper and good to go! I get to listen to YOU tell me everything I need to know and be prepared for in the comfort of my own home, bus, car, etc. I feel mentally and physically stronger than ever before, my goals are much stronger, and I have never wanted to win anything so badly in my life. I?m 12 weeks out and each week has plans and goals that are well-structured, Now, it?s simply time to execute. If anyone out there is thinking about investing in a program such as this, do so! It is money well spent for advice coming from someone who has many, many years of experience. Keep on keeping on!"

Mark Brabazon
    South Perth
    Australia

"Thank goodness you have taken the time to observe, record, analyze, and share your wealth of information with so many people at such a small investment. The cost is priceless compared to the years of experience you have amassed. You have done the years of hard work and experimentation which has lead to a set of strategies that are the most effective and efficient. I'm certain I will get greater results in less time and absolutely no guess work. All I will have to do is follow your advice 'to a T' and work hard."

Anthony Mango
    Sugar Land, TX

"I can't thank you enough for all of the valuable information you covered in your 'Ultimate Contest Preparation Seminar.' I take to the stage for a second time this year and this time I feel empowered every step of the way. I did well last year but will do even better this year thanks to you, Skip. Everything I needed to know was covered with explanations why this is the best way. I have never felt more focused in my life."

Kate Alderman
    Adelaide, Australia

Learn the SECRETS to How to Be Your Best on Contest Day from a Six-Time National Champion and a Coach Who Has Guided HUNDREDS of Men--Just Like YOU--During This Challenging and Rewarding Process!

Last edited by skiplacour; 08-07-2009 at 08:35 AM.

Tip of the Week

Setting Ambitious Workout Goals and Monitoring Your Progress Takes You to the Next Level!

Many Bodybuilders Do Not Document Their Progress in the Gym and Lose an Awesome Mental Edge

Many bodybuilders make blind "guesses" at how productive they should be during each workout. They don?t use their already established patterns to set standards and strive to take them up a few notches.

Documenting your training performance during every workout is an effective strategy that will produce significant results over time. Your mind is your most valuable training tool by far. Documenting what you do helps you harness the tremendous power of your mind. Assessing what you do in the gym helps you set and achieve higher goals. Seeing what you've done before you begin each set forces you to strive for more.

You must always strive for improvement in the gym. Progressive, incremental improvements that are accomplished over time will make your bodybuilding and training efforts a more productive and enjoyable experience in the long run.

Writing down what you've done in the gym isn't just an exercise in record keeping. You want to take a look at you past performance before you begin each set. That way, you'll know exactly what you need to do make incremental improvements. From week to week, you won't have to guess how much weight you lifted and how many repetitions you were able to perform during a certain exercise. You'll be able to start each new workout at a higher level.

Evaluate the overall performance of each workout immediately afterward too. Every workout can set the stage to make your next one even better. While it's still fresh in your mind, take one or two minutes to assess your training performance. You want to reinforce what you've done well so you?ll repeat those things you've singled out?and curtail what didn't go well before you've established bad habits.

We all have different ideas of what makes a workout good, bad, or somewhere in between. Well? How did you do? Whatever you have identified is most important to you when training, evaluate how close you actually came to accomplishing your objectives. Make a point to make this assessment before you take even one step outside of the gym.

========================================
    ==========================================

NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    yo skip

Chicken breast's amino acid profile... complete/incomplete source of protein?

I have been reading alot of crap on the net, somethings suggest 70%, some suggest it's complete?

for e.g. 8oz chicken = 70grams protein (complete ? if not, what would it mark down to?)

thanks
    Instagram @drsuperdose
    Online coaching & Contest prep
    www.thorntonfitness.com

Originally Posted by NaturalLoco View Post
    yo skip

Chicken breast's amino acid profile... complete/incomplete source of protein?

I have been reading alot of crap on the net, somethings suggest 70%, some suggest it's complete?

for e.g. 8oz chicken = 70grams protein (complete ? if not, what would it mark down to?)

thanks
    Interesting question.

I don't know that answer.

I have a question for you.

What do you think the difference would be in quality muscle gained if you ate your 6 to 8 meals every single day with chicken as a main protein source versus a "more complete" protein source (whatever that might be) after ONE YEAR?

Of course, let's assume all other factors like training, consistency, focus, motivation, etc. all being the same?

How much would that protein choice make a difference?

There's a reason why I'm asking this question, of course.

NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaturalLoco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    Interesting question.

I don't know that answer.

I have a question for you.

What do you think the difference would be in quality muscle gained if you ate your 6 to 8 meals every single day with chicken as a main protein source versus a "more complete" protein source (whatever that might be) after ONE YEAR?

Of course, let's assume all other factors like training, consistency, focus, motivation, etc. all being the same?

How much would that protein choice make a difference?

There's a reason why I'm asking this question, of course.
    I appreciate you taking the time to respond, point made and thumbs up
    Instagram @drsuperdose
    Online coaching & Contest prep
    www.thorntonfitness.com

Contest Preparation SECRETS

By Skip La Cour
    Success Coach

Contest Preparation SECRETS: There's No Need To Stop Using Supplements During Your Contest Preparation

They Got You Looking This Good, Didn't They? And, They Will Make You Look Even Better!

Here's a question for you. If you believed that the foods you were eating during your contest preparation were contributing greatly to the quality of your physique, why in the world would you ever stop eating those foods? You wouldn't, would you?

For some reason, many bodybuilders mistakenly believe that they must eliminate protein powders and meal replacements from their diets when they are many weeks away from their show. This is a big mistake!

I certainly believe there is a tremendous value in real food. But, if you think the human body can function just as effectively and efficiently with real food alone, you are kidding yourself. Your muscle-building and fat-loss efforts will be greatly enhanced if you support them with high-quality, state-of-the-art sports supplementation. Athletes today are getting bigger, stronger, leaner, and faster as the advancements in sports nutrition evolve.

If I were to guess, the strategy that advises you to eliminate protein powder and meal replacements from your contest preparation diet stems from the belief that these supplements contain too much sodium. The amount of sodium in these products is a non-factor during your contest journey except for at the very last few days. Maybe you should severely limit their intake during the last several days before a contest--but several weeks before then is totally unnecessary.

The other rational that I?ve heard is the ?the body will work much harder digesting real food and you will burn more calories.? Oh really? How many more calories do you think you really burn? And, even if you did burn a few more, is it worth the difficulty that you are adding to an already challenging process? I certainly do not think so!

In fact, cutting VP2 and Muscle XGF from your contest preparation diet is plain old foolish. In your calorie-deprived state while contest dieting, you'll need these high-performance "super foods" more than ever!

Learn the SECRETS to How to Be Your Best on Contest Day from a Six-Time National Champion and a Coach Who Has Guided HUNDREDS of Men--Just Like YOU--During This Challenging and Rewarding Process!

Skip La Cour's ULTIMATE Bodybuilding Contest Preparation Audio Seminar Course

Get the . . .

* 11 Hour and 30 Minute Sound Files

* Five Manual Booklets (Total 178 pages) PDF Files

* Plus BONUSES (see below)

. . . Emailed to You NOW and Begin Your Road to Bodybuilding and Training MASTERY TODAY!

11 hours and 30 minutes!

SPECIAL BONUSES WORTH $150!

* FREE Copy of Skip La Cour's Daily Training Journal Ebook ($49.99 Value)

* FREE Copy of Skip La Cour's Daily Training Journal Ebook ($49.99 Value)

* FREE Lifetime Access to Skip La Cour's Members Only Web Site That Documents TWO COMPLETE YEARS and Back-to-Back National Championship Victories ($50 Value)

* Special Price Only $149.97

Click here NOW to read Skip La Cour's ULTIMATE Bodybuilding Contest Preparation Audio Seminar Course Outline and ORDER TODAY!

Copyright 2009. Skip La Cour Consulting. All Rights Reserved.

Sign Up for My FREE Bodybuilding & Training Tips Every Week (and get a Bonus Gift Too)!

Take every aspect of your life to the next level! I share my winning physical and mental strategies with you each week via e-mail.

I have been the premier peak performance and motivational speaker in the bodybuilding industry for over 20 years. I've coached thousands of fitness enthusiasts to develop their bodies and minds through the exciting seminars and intense one-on-one personal coaching sessions that I've conducted around the world.

Your BONUS GIFT "The Top 10 Secrets of the Best Drug-Free Bodybuilders" will be sent to your e-mail address.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attach...1&d=1250483530

Go here NOW to sign up.

http://www.skiplacour.com/newsletter/
    Attached Images

Tip of the Week

Don't Cut Out of All of the Carbohydrates From Your Diet Because Your Body Needs the RIGHT Ones at the RIGHT Time to Grow

Many Bodybuilders Don't Eat the Carbohydrates Their Bodies Needs And Mistakenly Believe They Are Doing Themselves a Favor

This challenge happens when bodybuilders go overboard eliminating carbohydrates that will help the muscle-building process.

Here?s the challenge:

"I'm trying to lose body fat so I'm restricting my carbohydrates down to almost zero. The only problems is that I think I'm losing a lot of muscle."

Many bodybuilders who are trying to lose body fat choose to go on extremely low carbohydrate diets. Low-carbohydrate diets can help you shed body fat. There's no doubt about it. They are effective because low-carb diets can create a deficit between the calories you eat versus the calories you burn every day. That's the key to losing body weight.

Unfortunately, some of the weight you lose on a low-carbohydrate diet will include some of the muscle you've worked so hard to put on--and not only unwanted body fat. You may not be satisfied with how much muscle you need to sacrifice on your way to dumping your fat. You can improve your muscle loss to fat loss ratio simply by making a few minor adjustments to your nutritional habits.

In the past, I too was a big advocate of low-carbohydrate diets. They helped me get ripped--but they didn't help me protect the muscle I had and you can forget about them helping me effectively build more muscle. A more efficient approach to dieting could have helped me get just as lean and assist in preserving and building muscle at the same time.

Drastically reducing the amount of carbohydrates you eat may not be as critical to losing body fat as you might think. In fact, eliminating carbohydrates at important times of the day may prevent you from putting on as much muscle as you are capable of packing-on.

Carbohydrates serve as an essential part in the muscle-building process. Instead of trying to eliminate carbohydrates altogether, you should make sure you are eating the right types of carbohydrates at the right times of day.

I never realized how important eating the right carbohydrates at the right times of the day was to my muscle-building and muscle-preserving efforts. However, I evolved into an ?efficient? eater. I learned to eat the right foods at the right times.

As I previously mentioned, when I started consuming high-glycemic carbohydrates before and immediately after my workouts, I began to build and preserve more muscle. I didn't avoid the fat-burning glucose type of carbohydrates like I did in the past. ?Sugary? or glucose types of carbohydrates are supposed to be bad for you as a bodybuilder, right? That?s what I've read. How about you?

Those high-glycemic, glucose carbohydrates were in my pre-workout and post-workout meals. Eating this type of carbohydrate at these times spiked my insulin levels and helped to force the much-needed protein I ate with them into the muscles.

When you are outside of a three-hour period of time outside your workouts, the you want to limit your carbohydrates to the ones that fall into the low glycemic index.

Vegetables are a great source of these types of carbohydrates. The great thing is that you can eat as much as you want. If I had anything close to resembling a ?secret weapon? that I could offer in terms of nutritional practices, it would be to eat as many vegetables as humanly possible every day.

Besides providing an excellent, sustained source of energy, these fibrous carbohydrates allow me to eat a larger amount of food by volume than starchy carbohydrates (such as rice, pasta, potatoes, etc.) and do so with a fewer number of calories.

Eating vegetables gives me more "bang for my buck" so to speak. I can practically eat as many vegetables as I wish during a meal and easily stay within my allowed daily caloric intake. The ability to eat more food by volume is a huge mental benefit when I'm forced to restrict my daily calorie consumption in an effort to lose excess body fat. Just about all the calories in the vegetables you eat are negated by the work it takes your body to digest them. The opposite is true when eating starchy carbohydrates. A person must be very careful not to include too many calories in starchy carbohydrates in his or her diet?which is not hard to do.

Because of the low glycemic value in vegetables, my insulin levels are managed much more efficiently than when I eat starchy carbohydrates. That means fewer "up and downs" in my energy levels, fewer mood swings, and less chance for excess calories I may eat to be stored as unwanted body fat.

Eating vegetables also slows down the digestive process. Slowing down the digestive process will ensure that my body efficiently utilizes the precious protein I eat and depend on to repair and build muscle tissue.

I'll be the first one to admit that eating vegetables is not nearly as satisfying as eating a delicious bowl of rice or oatmeal. But after taking the time to wean myself off those starchy carbohydrates, I hardly notice the difference.

Although some people believe fresh vegetables are best for you, don't be afraid to take advantage of the convenience of frozen vegetables. There is only a slight difference in the nutritional values of frozen vegetables versus fresh ones. They are definitely easier to prepare and are relatively inexpensive. Busy people just don't have time to clean and cut fresh vegetables. Instead of excluding these important foods, just take them out of the freezer and put them into your food container before you leave for work. By the time of your mid-morning meal, they should be thawed. If you have access to a microwave, delicious hot veggies will be ready to eat in only a few minutes.

I?ve written ten (10) books and have produced seven (7) DVDs that explain every facet of bodybuilding. Almost 1,900 pages are written and over 20 hours of video footage created of pure INSTRUCTION and PASSION!

My 20 years of COMMITMENT have helped men JUST LIKE YOU take their bodies to the NEXT LEVEL in 52 COUNTRIES AROUND THE PLANET.

Last edited by skiplacour; 08-18-2009 at 05:36 AM.

Daily Quotes

Daily Quotes

8-18-09

"You understand that you absolutely must train with INTENSITY to get the best results in the shortest period of time."

Skip La Cour
    http://www.skiplacour.com

Sign up for my free weekly newsletters and get a FREE Bodybuilding & Training Ebook.
    Go here for more information:

http://www.skiplacour.com/newsletter

sXeWarrior is a name known to all. (+5000) sXeWarrior is a name known to all. (+5000) sXeWarrior is a name known to all. (+5000) sXeWarrior is a name known to all. (+5000) sXeWarrior is a name known to all. (+5000) sXeWarrior is a name known to all. (+5000) sXeWarrior is a name known to all. (+5000) sXeWarrior is a name known to all. (+5000) sXeWarrior is a name known to all. (+5000) sXeWarrior is a name known to all. (+5000) sXeWarrior is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey skip, nice thread. I'm a pretty experienced lifter and started Max-OT this week. I'm using the second program outlined on the website.

I had a question about it though. Deadlifts aren't listed as one of the exercises on back day for it. Would it be okay if I did them on Back day anyways? I don't wanna leave them out.

Thanks

Originally Posted by sXeWarrior View Post
    Hey skip, nice thread. I'm a pretty experienced lifter and started Max-OT this week. I'm using the second program outlined on the website.

I had a question about it though. Deadlifts aren't listed as one of the exercises on back day for it. Would it be okay if I did them on Back day anyways? I don't wanna leave them out.

Thanks
    Follow the program exactly as it is outline. Although Deadlifts may not be on that particular routine, you will have them many times as you go through each routine for 8 to 10 weeks.

Daily Quotes

Daily Quotes

8-19-09

"You know that training intensity is giving 100 percent of your mind, body, and soul to every repetition, every set, every exercise, during every workout."

Skip La Cour
    http://www.skiplacour.com

Sign up for my free weekly newsletters and get a FREE Bodybuilding & Training Ebook.

httip://www.skiplacour.com/newsletter

Daily Quotes

Daily Quotes

8-20-09

"Your IDENTITY; how you see yourself; how you 'label' yourself; is the most powerful FORCE that you have available to you to reach your bodybuilding and training goals."

[b]Skip La Cour

If you find these bodybuilding and training statements helpful . . . .

I'll Coach You to the Next Level and Turn You Into a "Mass Machine" with This Free 30-Minute mp3 Sound File!

http://www.skiplacour.com/MM120

http://www.skiplacour.com/mass_machine_ipod.jpg

=========================================

httip://www.skiplacour.com/newsletter
    Attached Images
    Last edited by skiplacour; 08-20-2009 at 05:38 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 34 of 364 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 134 ... LastLast