Closed Thread
Page 269 of 364 FirstFirst ... 169 219 259 267 268 269 270 271 279 319 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,070 of 10915
    I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Meet Austin Rittenour

Austin Rittenour works just as hard in the gym as he does climbing up the corporate as an accountant. He is a Mass Machine! Austin is 23 years old and played college football as a linebacker for the USC Trojans.

Click Here to order Mass Machine Nutrition's MM180 PHYSIO-MACHINE SUPREME Capsules on Bodybuilding.com
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

Dkarst456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you Skip, I now see this entire journey in an "awesome fulfillment life has to offer". You helped make my journey much more enjoyable by saving me from many mistakes you may have made and giving me a system to believe in.
    -Andrew Karst

gary_w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Skip: enjoy all of the pod casts and reading last years challenge. I have read 100's if not 1000's of articles on BB.com. Been following you tread; only found it after last years challenge started and was into about week 8 i think so went back and read from start of tread. Ok, here is what i would like more info on from you is your mind body connection. The heavier I lift the less i seem to get my mind into the muscle that I am working plus my tendons really scream at me for text weeks until i back off to where i feel like the sissy workout you talked about on the last podcast. Have only started back lifting august 2010 after many years of being off. Do want to get to long so i will stop here. Thanks

this weeks goal to start logging my diet would like remove some fat from my waist.

atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by gary_w View Post
    Hey Skip: enjoy all of the pod casts and reading last years challenge. I have read 100's if not 1000's of articles on BB.com. Been following you tread; only found it after last years challenge started and was into about week 8 i think so went back and read from start of tread. Ok, here is what i would like more info on from you is your mind body connection. The heavier I lift the less i seem to get my mind into the muscle that I am working plus my tendons really scream at me for text weeks until i back off to where i feel like the sissy workout you talked about on the last podcast. Have only started back lifting august 2010 after many years of being off. Do want to get to long so i will stop here. Thanks

this weeks goal to start logging my diet would like remove some fat from my waist.
    Congradulations on coming to this thread. Welcome, Skip is a wonderful resource.
    "If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader"
    John Quincy Adams

jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Mass machines - assemble!

Hey MASS MACHINES,

Last year with the bulking & cutting challenge, a lot of us kept a journal (a thread) under the Supplement Company Transformation Contests And More branch of the forum. It was a great way to chronicle our thoughts, feelings, challenges, as well as read and support each other. I'm sure quite a bit of that will be going on here on Skip's IFBB thread, but a journal also provides TREMENDOUS value for you.

I've set up my own HERE and I HIGHLY encourage everyone else to do the same.

I'll read and provide as much feedback and support as I can on everyone's thread.

Let's kick some ass in this challenge and see how far we can push ourselves and each other.

-Jerome
    Last edited by jerothas; 02-01-2013 at 06:20 PM. Reason: added link
    http://thatfitguy.com - No BS Fitness Truth
    http://youtube.com/thatfitguycom for videos
    http://blogtalkradio.com/thatfitguy for my weekly podcast
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151574043&p for my 49 Days To Supreme Confidence Journal

CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've been reading up a bit on the mass machine training program, which I understand is very similar to Max OT. One common point that I see brought up with this low rep heavy weight workout is injuries. I'm an older beginner, probably the prime candidate for injuries. I started Mass Machine training on Thursday, and started with the suggested 6-8 reps. I would like to hear some strategies for keeping my body intact with these intense workouts. I'll be sure to do some proper warming up, and I'm considering running with 6-8 reps a little longer than one week.

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by CBRob View Post
    I've been reading up a bit on the mass machine training program, which I understand is very similar to Max OT. One common point that I see brought up with this low rep heavy weight workout is injuries. I'm an older beginner, probably the prime candidate for injuries. I started Mass Machine training on Thursday, and started with the suggested 6-8 reps. I would like to hear some strategies for keeping my body intact with these intense workouts. I'll be sure to do some proper warming up, and I'm considering running with 6-8 reps a little longer than one week.
    Sounds great, CBRob.

Warming up is extremely important. You have to ready both physically AND mentally.

Training with weight that is too heavy FOR YOU is what will lead to injuries. So, that means "heavy" training is a relative term. It's only relative to the person using the weights. There is no "universal" definition or measure for "heavy" training.

You need to find the weight that progressively overloads the targeted muscle group--yet keeps you safe. It's a delicate balance. You have to be intelligent in your approach.

That's why I have you work in the 6 to 8 rep range in the FIRST week of your 8 to 10 week cycle and the LAST week of the training cycle with Mass Machine Training.

This way, you can compare and contrast with YOUR OWN ABILITIES by direct comparison. You versus you. At the same time, you can push your self to your limits because you learn your limits.

You are correct. I have dealt with people with COUNTLESS, career-ending injuries with the plain, old, less individualized approach to heavy, overload training because they couldn't make these distinctions themselves.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

Originally Posted by gary_w View Post

Enjoy the journey, gary_w!

Welcome to the thread.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Mass Machine Mindset #18

OutRESULT Your Competition

Don't be satisfied just to outwork everyone else. That's a great start--but what matters most are RESULTS. You want to outwork AND outRESULT everyone else at the same time.

No one really cares how much you suffer. No one really cares how much you have sacrificed. What they want to see are RESULTS.

This is true in ALL aspects of life. People expect you to come through.

Train Hard. Think Big.

You are MASS MACHINE!

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition MM1000 Micronized Creatine here on Bodybuilding.com.

Are YOU a MASS MACHINE?

Can YOU make a short video like these?

At some point during, the "49 Days To SUPREME Confidence" Transformation Challenge, you'll have the opportunity to show me YOUR charisma in the gym and in front of the camera along with YOUR video creation skills!

A great prize for all of you MASS MACHINES who do!

I will provide you with:

* The script and video sequence order

* Art, logo, and images

* Theme music

More information to follow.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Charles956 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Skip, I have been a #2 and a #1 but I am willing to be strictly a #1 for this contest. I have never been too fond of "tough love" when I am at the receiving end but I am willing to be the student and welcome the tough love for the next "49 Days."

gymrat992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    Are YOU a MASS MACHINE?

Can YOU make a short video like these?

At some point during, the "49 Days To SUPREME Confidence" Transformation Challenge, you'll have the opportunity to show me YOUR charisma in the gym and in front of the camera along with YOUR video creation skills!

A great prize for all of you MASS MACHINES who do!

I will provide you with:

* The script and video sequence order

* Art, logo, and images

* Theme music

More information to follow.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Great idea skip! That's awesome,looking forward to this. Any way I can
    get a black mass machine t-shirt before making a video? Would love to wear one of those cool black mass machine t-shirts in the gym!

Gymrat 992
    I AM A MASS MACHINE!

Skip La Cour's MASS MACHINE Bodybuilding & Training - #503

2-3-13

What's the Best Training Routine and Training Split?

Click Here to Listen to Podcast

Click Here to order Mass Machine Nutrition's MM180 PHYSIO-MACHINE SUPREME Capsules on Bodybuilding.com

BillNYC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Video

Originally Posted by gymrat992 View Post
    Great idea skip! That's awesome,looking forward to this. Any way I can
    get a black mass machine t-shirt before making a video? Would love to wear one of those cool black mass machine t-shirts in the gym!

Gymrat 992
    Ok, can you send me the script so I can post the video.

Originally Posted by BillNYC View Post
    Ok, can you send me the script so I can post the video.
    Hi BillNYC....

All of the details and "script" will come later. I want you to start thinking about how, where, exactly what exercises do you do best, and how would you film them them (i.e. angles) for right now.

The video that you create will be pretty much the same as the Tyler and Austin videos:

1.) Introduction of who you are Your Name.

2.) Your name flying across with your name (white with red border) with the "swoosh" sound (I provide).

3.) You looking into the camera and saying that "...and I am a Mass Machine".

4.) You doing about 5 or so different exercise for about 5 seconds each (awesome action shots).

5.) You looking into the camera and saying "Supreme. "Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition." with the Mass Machine Nutrition line image (I provide) sliding in with the "swoosh" sound (I provide).

6.) You doing about 5 or so MORE different exercise for about 5 seconds each (awesome action shots).

7.) You looking into the camera and saying "Train Hard. Think Big."

8.) The Mass Machine Nutrition logo in the lower left-hand corner.

9.) Add the Mass Machine Nutrition video clip ending I created "Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition is available at Bodybuilding.com" to the end (I provide).

As far as t-shirts are concerned, I am currently not in the t-shirt business. I had only a few t-shirt made to be featured in the videos. That may or may not be the case when I instruct you to create your video.

For now, just think about how you'd do your video.

Train Hard. Think Big.

2-4-13

Sound off MASS MACHINES!

What's one MAJOR thing you WILL accomplish this week that has been lingering--and you know you absolutely MUST get it done? It can be either inside or outside of the gym.

Commit to finally getting it done right here.

I will ask you this every single week in 2013 and do whatever I can to help you follow through. That's my commitment to YOU.

Train Hard. Think Big.

mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You should strive for a "good value" and proper execution when you perform each repetition. What exactly do I mean by a good value and proper execution? Basically, good value and proper execution are the optimal balance between out-of-control, sloppy form and overly strict form.

Obviously, you never want to use extremely sloppy form when training. However, you shouldn't be overly concerned with extremely strict form either. You should aim for somewhere in between the two extremes.

Many bodybuilders have deemed the quality of form to be the most important aspect of training. Some people training in the gym use the rationale that lifting heavy weight causes you to train less effectively. "I always use really strict form!" they state proudly. "Lifting heavy weight is not beneficial at all if you don't use really strict form."

I?m certainly not saying you should train with careless, out-of-control form. Even worse, I'm not suggesting that you risk hurting yourself in order to lift heavy weight. Using form that is too sloppy won't work the intended muscle sufficiently. If you get hurt while trying to lift too much weight you?ll set yourself back both in time and momentum. Doing that is unquestionably worse than lifting lighter weights.

There is a happy medium, however. That happy medium is performing each set at what I describe as a good value and proper execution. Lifting heavy enough weight to build significant muscle mass--while still using form that's good enough to directly stimulate the intended muscle group.

Overloading the intended muscle group with heavy weight is one of the most important keys to effectively stimulating maximum muscle growth. Despite what many people believe, you don?t necessarily need to use strict form in order to stimulate the muscle. But, if you want to build the most muscle in the shortest period of time, you do need to use the heaviest amount of weight that you can lift at the same time that you are stimulating the muscle group.

Some people refer to this training strategy as "controlled cheating." Controlled cheating is just a way to help you lift more weight. The more weight you can properly handle the better chance you have to put on muscle in a shorter period of time. I want to emphasize how important it is for you to handle the heavy weight properly. If you are using so much of your body's momentum to move the weight through the repetition and you are not directly stimulating the targeted muscle, then you are not using this training strategy correctly.

Simply put, controlled cheating is like giving yourself a spot. It will help you get the heavy weight through the "sticking point" and still allow you to blast the muscle group you are training at the same time.

Have you ever noticed when you are doing a set of barbell bench presses that there is a certain part of the movement that's especially difficult to press the weight through? There?s about a two-inch "sticking point" as you press the weight upward that presents the most difficult challenge. A good, attentive training partner can give you a slight spot, or just enough help, to get the bar all the way up--using most of your own power.

Ideally, lifting the weight without the aid of a spotter would be better, but you are still effectively stimulating the pectoral muscles even with that slight nudge. The extra poundage you are able to lift creates a tremendous value--and becomes far more beneficial to your muscle-building efforts than using overly strict form and the lighter weight that you?ll need to settle for in order to conform to that strict movement.

Just as you would never want your training partner to lighten the weight too much when he spots you while bench pressing, you don?t want to "cheat" too much when training either. You don't want to lighten the weight more than is necessary. Controlled cheating, when done correctly, should work out to be no more than a slight nudge during the sticking point. The only difference between a good spot and the proper use of controlled cheating is that you are doing the controlled cheating without the aid of a training partner.

Save the controlled cheating for the truly heavy, overloading poundage. Controlled cheating should only be used by those people who understand the effectiveness of overloading the muscles. Be sure that you always use weight that?s heavy enough to warrant controlled cheating. Otherwise, there?s no need for this training strategy.

Paul Delia of AST Sports Science believes that using form that is too strict can even hurt you. "Using strict, rigid form defies your body's natural biomechanical movements. This creates very high and abnormal stress to joints, connective tissue, and muscle attachments. These abnormal forces can increase your chance of injury while training," he preaches.

Paul goes on to say, "Strict form also severely limits the amount of weight you can train with due to its isolation effect and the defiance of optimum biomechanics. Because you use less weight, have a greater chance of injury, and produce less of an overload (resulting in less muscle growth), strict form does not make sense when compared to controlled cheating."

"Controlled cheating allows you to train heavier with less joint stress and greater muscle overload. This type of exercise execution creates a rhythm with the natural movement of your body's biomechanical structure-pivot points, muscle attachments, and range of motion. In short, it maximizes your ability to overload the muscle safely."

Skip La Cour?s web site: http://www.skiplacour.com

Sign up for my FREE Weekly E-Mail Newsletter: http://www.skiplacour.com/newsletter

Listen to Skip La Cour's Bodybuilding and Training Talk Radio Show every week at http://www.SkipLaCourRadio.com
    This post is gold

Welcome to the Mass Machine Nutrition "49 Days To SUPREME Confidence" Transformation Challenge!

In this video, Skip La Cour explains what you can expect from the Mass Machine Nutrition "49 Days To SUPREME Confidence" Ultimate Transformation Challenge.

You can participate in this contest and win prizes at any time throughout its duration. The "49 Days To Supreme Confidence" transformation challenge compliments any other transformation you may be participating in perfectly.

Lesson #1 - "Who Do You Think You Are?" - 49 Days To SUPREME Confidence Ultimate Transformation Challenge

What are the events that shaped your opinions of what you can and can't accomplish? Who were the people who influenced you most?

Lesson #1 of 49 of the Mass Machine Nutrition "49 Days To Supreme Confidence" Ultimate Transformation Challenge.

BillNYC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Video

Hi BillNYC....

All of the details and "script" will come later. I want you to start thinking about how, where, exactly what exercises do you do best, and how would you film them them (i.e. angles) for right now.

The video that you create will be pretty much the same as the Tyler and Austin videos:

1.) Introduction of who you are Your Name.

2.) Your name flying across with your name (white with red border) with the "swoosh" sound (I provide).

3.) You looking into the camera and saying that "...and I am a Mass Machine".

4.) You doing about 5 or so different exercise for about 5 seconds each (awesome action shots).

5.) You looking into the camera and saying "Supreme. "Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition." with the Mass Machine Nutrition line image (I provide) sliding in with the "swoosh" sound (I provide).

6.) You doing about 5 or so MORE different exercise for about 5 seconds each (awesome action shots).

7.) You looking into the camera and saying "Train Hard. Think Big."

8.) The Mass Machine Nutrition logo in the lower left-hand corner.

9.) Add the Mass Machine Nutrition video clip ending I created "Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition is available at Bodybuilding.com" to the end (I provide).

As far as t-shirts are concerned, I am currently not in the t-shirt business. I had only a few t-shirt made to be featured in the videos. That may or may not be the case when I instruct you to create your video.

For now, just think about how you'd do your video.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Looking forward to it.

gymrat992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

question for skip

Hey Skip, when trying to improve on a weak or lagging body part do you recommend that I switch the order I do the mass machine exercises in order to work my weak areas first?

For example, I want to improve my lower chest area as I feel like its lacking a bit. Is it a wise strategy to start my mass machine chest workout with decline barbell press or dips first while I'm strongest or does it not matter? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    I AM A MASS MACHINE!

mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Serious question Skip, when can we train together?

atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "What are the events that shaped your opinions of what you can and can't accomplish? Who were the people who influenced you most?"

My mother was a positive inflluence in my life. She was generous with encouragement and support. Now that she is gone, I have learned to rely on my own opinion more, rather than the opinions of others. The events that have truly shaped my opinion of what I can and can't accomplish would be:

1) Military deployment (and service) in the Army- Operation Iraqi Freedom II. Between basic training (being pushed beyond my own limits), as well as completing my service honorably, I can honestly say that I did my absolute best in the military and I am darn proud of it. 6 years of blood sweat and tears paid off for my long-term self-perception.
    2) Marriage and parenthood: Less of selfish self, more of service and communication. All and all, great challenge to be conistent. I have learned not to make excuses. When my wife saw me accomplishing these goals starting last year, it motivated her to change too. The thing I first told her to get rid of wasn't food, it was the excuses.
    "If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader"
    John Quincy Adams

Hey Skip,
    I've been considering giving MAX-OT a try, but the one thing that keeps me from jumping into the program is the short duration of the workouts. I really enjoy my time at the gym and find it difficult to embrace the idea of a 45 minute session.
    Have you found these shorter workouts to be the best case scenario for all the people you coach, or do you find that there are some situations where a longer workout is the way to go?
    seriously what's the deal? are you after the best results possible, or feeling and enjoying more time in the gym because you enjoy it? Time to check your priorities

Originally Posted by gymrat992 View Post
    Hey Skip, when trying to improve on a weak or lagging body part do you recommend that I switch the order I do the mass machine exercises in order to work my weak areas first?

For example, I want to improve my lower chest area as I feel like its lacking a bit. Is it a wise strategy to start my mass machine chest workout with decline barbell press or dips first while I'm strongest or does it not matter? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    Hi gymrat992.....

Good questions!

Let me break this down for you and explain to you how I would analyze this situation:

When a person tells me they have a "weak" or "lagging" body parts, the first thing I would want to observe is how they EXECUTE each exercise for those body parts.

To the beginner to even intermediate observer, a person performing an exercise may appear to be doing it correctly but there may be several small distinctions that could work the targeted muscle group much more effectively. Many times, these very small distinctions can help EVERY exercise that person does for that body part--not just one or two of them. Different exercises. Same challenge. Same training tip.

Before I would suggest you changing the order of any body part training or the exercises, I would make sure you are getting the very most out of what you are currently doing. If you aren't as effective as you could be, it really doesn't matter where the exercises for that body part are placed during the workout. The challenge will remain.

I suggest that you post a video of a couple of exercises from your "lagging" body part workouts here and let me take a look at them.

Secondly, I would want to know what YOU consider a weak or lagging body part to be. It may have nothing to do with your training and everything to do with the genetic shape of your muscles. If a person could just do "this" and "that" and bring up a lagging part part, trust me, there would be zero professional bodybuilders with 10 or more years of training experience with weak or lagging body parts.

Bodybuilding is all about making the best with what you have. Bodybuilding is all about playing up your strengths, camouflaging your weaknesses, and creating an illusion of perfect symmetry.

When your body has balance and symmetry, even smaller body parts can look "perfect" on YOUR body. Sometimes, the only way to work around genetically weak body parts is to slow down the development of genetically gifted body parts you have to keep the your overall body's symmetry--and distract from any of the weakness you might have.

Your lower chest is a perfect example of this. If you look on an anatomy chart, there rally aren't "lower", "middle," and "upper" pectoral muscles you can isolate. What you are dealing with is the shape of your muscle bellies. You have to hit a variety of exercises very well and make the most with what you have.

Train Hard. Think Big.

CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by mind4muscle7 View Post
    seriously what's the deal? are you after the best results possible, or feeling and enjoying more time in the gym because you enjoy it? Time to check your priorities
    There are lots of ways to reach our lifting goals, I'm looking for the method that is the best fit for me. I'm sure I'm not the first person to have difficulty with the concept of less is more. I hope you journal your progress with mass machine training so I can see how it works for you.

Dkarst456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Lesson #1
    Hi, it's Skip La Cour,
    Before you start any journey or challenge, it’s important to get clear on what you really want to get out of it. You have to set some goals. Here is the challenge. What if you already know that your level of confidence isn’t as high as it should be? What kind of goals are you going to set for yourself? And even if you reach those goals is that a good representation of whom you really are, what you have to offer the world. What you’re all about. It’s really important to have a certain level of confidence before you set any goals. So before we set any goals for this transformation challenge I want you to think about a few things. I want you to think about what do you need to do every single day? (Every single day I need to stick to my plan of what I know to do; Wake up 5am Monday-Friday, 9am Saturday Sunday; Drink 2 gallons of water, Finish all 8-9 scheduled feedings 2-2.5 hours apart, arrive at the gym mentally prepared with goals; No cheat meals; Write in my journal and keep up with the challenge at all times. It is also very important to me to keep my girlfriend happy and support her throughout life and help her attain her dreams as well as my own. She has got me to where I am today and rescued me from a self destruction keeping me mentally healthy. I owe the world to her and she is a part of my journey. Even if she is reluctant of my lifestyle at times she helps me remember why I challenge myself to always become better and that there is always more to attain.) What kind of person do you need to become to achieve the goals that you set for yourself? (I need to become the type of person who is consistent and focused on what it will take to reach my goals. I have to become mentally tougher to remain focused even in times of doubt. I have to be able to pick myself up and attain higher levels through good and bad.) You need to be honest with yourself. Are you really living up to the standards of what it’s going to take to reach those goals? (My execution of the standards I have set to reach my goals is lacking and I have to become more driven, focused, and consistent at all times.) I am sure that you are a great guy. I’m sure that people like you. I’m sure you work hard. I’m sure you set daily checklists, certain standards and you knock them off every single day, or you do so on a consistent basis. But is that enough to really reach the ambitious goals you set for yourself? Are you really that person; you really need to be honest with yourself. Are you really that person who can achieve those goals doing what you’re doing now, thinking the way you are thinking now? (I am weak as of now, I’ve done better in the past and been on a better track to reach my goals than my current level. I feel angst and that I’ve let myself down. I have to get back on track, I’ve never consistently done what I know I need to for more than a few days. If I can do it for a few days there is absolutely no reason I can’t keep it up for weeks or months. Be tenacious when in doubt.)
    Secondly, I want you to think about your opinions of what it is you think you can and can’t achieve in the gym (In the gym I need to build consistency to achieve what I want. I let certain distractions and inconsistency greatly affect what I do; For example if I don’t have a spotter for certain exercises and I did the week before I become mentally weaker and won’t try the same weight to avoid the chance of injury. I have to create the same conditions each week and find more effective ways to be consistant.) and outside the gym; (Outside the gym It’s mostly the inconsistency of my diet, I let too many factors distract me; family, work, emotions and I’ll rationalize in the moment that it’s alright to fall off track. Planning ahead helps greatly and I don’t always get that luxery. I have to be creative and find ways to stay as close to on track on possible when the unexpected comes.) Maybe in your relationships, maybe in your business. How did you form those opinions? (Experience over the past 1-2 years and what has come my way and how I've handled it. I believe in what I need to do by following the advice of a mentor who has been where I am and made breakthroughs to higher levels.) What events shaped your life? (Since early childhood I’ve always wanted to become mentally tougher than others, I find thrill in the challenge of being the best version of myself. There have been times where I wanted to be stronger and did not have the strength. There have been times when I could have avoided a painful situation or done better in the heat of the battle. I’ve always felt that there was something wrong with me compared to others. I never could focus in class or in conversation for very long and my perception of the material was wrong. I felt different and only focused on what interested me and maybe not what was right. It still has control of me to this day where I can only put interest into what I am passionate about and it’s difficult to focus on what I should do to achieve what I really want.) Who are the people who influenced your way of thinking? (My peers and parents, I’ve felt as an outcast because I do not do what others expect from me, whether for myself or for their own personal benefit. I now realize that it is me against myself in life and my well being is my own responsibility. My personal connections have never been very strong and I tend to distance myself.) Because they are having an effect right now on what you think you can achieve, what goals you set for yourself. It’s very important for you to think about that. Now, during this week’s podcast, this week’s lesson, I’m going to talk a lot about those types of influences in your life that are affecting you right now. Who do you think you are? (I am someone who wants to become respected, who others can look up to. I want to achieve what very few have ever accomplished to be the example that dreams can be reached. I want to make what can seem impossible reality to those who lack the confidence in themselves to reach their full potential.) I’m going to share some of my own personal stories. The limited beliefs I have about what I could achieve and how those were shaped by certain events in my life; certain people in my life and ways that I really didn’t realize until many years later. I’m telling you my stories so that you can think about your situation so you can make breakthroughs and actually become the person who you really want to be and really achieve those goals. Then I want to share with you some of the positive influences that I was fortunate enough to surround myself with that really affected my way of thinking and my belief of what I could achieve. I want to create an environment and a situation that you too canmake breakthroughs and actually become the person who you really want to be and really achieve those goals. Then I want to share with you some of the positive influences that I was fortunate enough to surround myself with that really affected my way of thinking and my belief of what I could achieve. I want to create an environment and a situation that you too can really start believing that your goals can be achieved. So that’s where we’re going to start this 49 Days to “SUPREME” Confidence Ultimate Transformation Challenge. So get on the podcasts, take advantage of the podcasts, make sure you’re one of the 25 who get to interact with me, who get to ask questions and share your experience and get the very most out of this transformation challenge. YOU ARE A MASS MACHINE. Train Hard and Think Big.

Originally Posted by Dkarst456 View Post
    Lesson #1
    Hi, it's Skip La Cour,
    Before you start any journey or challenge, it’s important to get clear on what you really want to get out of it. You have to set some goals. Here is the challenge. What if you already know that your level of confidence isn’t as high as it should be? What kind of goals are you going to set for yourself? And even if you reach those goals is that a good representation of whom you really are, what you have to offer the world. What you’re all about. It’s really important to have a certain level of confidence before you set any goals. So before we set any goals for this transformation challenge I want you to think about a few things. I want you to think about what do you need to do every single day? (Every single day I need to stick to my plan of what I know to do; Wake up 5am Monday-Friday, 9am Saturday Sunday; Drink 2 gallons of water, Finish all 8-9 scheduled feedings 2-2.5 hours apart, arrive at the gym mentally prepared with goals; No cheat meals; Write in my journal and keep up with the challenge at all times. It is also very important to me to keep my girlfriend happy and support her throughout life and help her attain her dreams as well as my own. She has got me to where I am today and rescued me from a self destruction keeping me mentally healthy. I owe the world to her and she is a part of my journey. Even if she is reluctant of my lifestyle at times she helps me remember why I challenge myself to always become better and that there is always more to attain.) What kind of person do you need to become to achieve the goals that you set for yourself? (I need to become the type of person who is consistent and focused on what it will take to reach my goals. I have to become mentally tougher to remain focused even in times of doubt. I have to be able to pick myself up and attain higher levels through good and bad.) You need to be honest with yourself. Are you really living up to the standards of what it’s going to take to reach those goals? (My execution of the standards I have set to reach my goals is lacking and I have to become more driven, focused, and consistent at all times.) I am sure that you are a great guy. I’m sure that people like you. I’m sure you work hard. I’m sure you set daily checklists, certain standards and you knock them off every single day, or you do so on a consistent basis. But is that enough to really reach the ambitious goals you set for yourself? Are you really that person; you really need to be honest with yourself. Are you really that person who can achieve those goals doing what you’re doing now, thinking the way you are thinking now? (I am weak as of now, I’ve done better in the past and been on a better track to reach my goals than my current level. I feel angst and that I’ve let myself down. I have to get back on track, I’ve never consistently done what I know I need to for more than a few days. If I can do it for a few days there is absolutely no reason I can’t keep it up for weeks or months. Be tenacious when in doubt.)
    Secondly, I want you to think about your opinions of what it is you think you can and can’t achieve in the gym (In the gym I need to build consistency to achieve what I want. I let certain distractions and inconsistency greatly affect what I do; For example if I don’t have a spotter for certain exercises and I did the week before I become mentally weaker and won’t try the same weight to avoid the chance of injury. I have to create the same conditions each week and find more effective ways to be consistant.) and outside the gym; (Outside the gym It’s mostly the inconsistency of my diet, I let too many factors distract me; family, work, emotions and I’ll rationalize in the moment that it’s alright to fall off track. Planning ahead helps greatly and I don’t always get that luxery. I have to be creative and find ways to stay as close to on track on possible when the unexpected comes.) Maybe in your relationships, maybe in your business. How did you form those opinions? (Experience over the past 1-2 years and what has come my way and how I've handled it. I believe in what I need to do by following the advice of a mentor who has been where I am and made breakthroughs to higher levels.) What events shaped your life? (Since early childhood I’ve always wanted to become mentally tougher than others, I find thrill in the challenge of being the best version of myself. There have been times where I wanted to be stronger and did not have the strength. There have been times when I could have avoided a painful situation or done better in the heat of the battle. I’ve always felt that there was something wrong with me compared to others. I never could focus in class or in conversation for very long and my perception of the material was wrong. I felt different and only focused on what interested me and maybe not what was right. It still has control of me to this day where I can only put interest into what I am passionate about and it’s difficult to focus on what I should do to achieve what I really want.) Who are the people who influenced your way of thinking? (My peers and parents, I’ve felt as an outcast because I do not do what others expect from me, whether for myself or for their own personal benefit. I now realize that it is me against myself in life and my well being is my own responsibility. My personal connections have never been very strong and I tend to distance myself.) Because they are having an effect right now on what you think you can achieve, what goals you set for yourself. It’s very important for you to think about that. Now, during this week’s podcast, this week’s lesson, I’m going to talk a lot about those types of influences in your life that are affecting you right now. Who do you think you are? (I am someone who wants to become respected, who others can look up to. I want to achieve what very few have ever accomplished to be the example that dreams can be reached. I want to make what can seem impossible reality to those who lack the confidence in themselves to reach their full potential.) I’m going to share some of my own personal stories. The limited beliefs I have about what I could achieve and how those were shaped by certain events in my life; certain people in my life and ways that I really didn’t realize until many years later. I’m telling you my stories so that you can think about your situation so you can make breakthroughs and actually become the person who you really want to be and really achieve those goals. Then I want to share with you some of the positive influences that I was fortunate enough to surround myself with that really affected my way of thinking and my belief of what I could achieve. I want to create an environment and a situation that you too canmake breakthroughs and actually become the person who you really want to be and really achieve those goals. Then I want to share with you some of the positive influences that I was fortunate enough to surround myself with that really affected my way of thinking and my belief of what I could achieve. I want to create an environment and a situation that you too can really start believing that your goals can be achieved. So that’s where we’re going to start this 49 Days to “SUPREME” Confidence Ultimate Transformation Challenge. So get on the podcasts, take advantage of the podcasts, make sure you’re one of the 25 who get to interact with me, who get to ask questions and share your experience and get the very most out of this transformation challenge. YOU ARE A MASS MACHINE. Train Hard and Think Big.
    Skip is passionate about change. I love that he appears to care about other's development. First person on-line that seems to really care about YOU! (In regards to becoming better) that I have seen. I am sure there are others, but he takes the time to personalize responses so consistently.
    John Quincy Adams

Who Will Be Joining the Podcast LIVE Tomorrow Night
    and Contributing to the Discussion?

"Who Do You Think You Are? LIVE Call-In Podcast
    (Only 25 People Will Be Able To Join the Conversation)

Wednesday, February 6th - 9 pm (Eastern) 6 pm (Pacific)
    (347) 326-9145

Send me an email at skip@massmachinenutrition.com if you plan to join the podcast.

(Podcast will be made available afterward)

Train Hard. Think Big.

There are lots of ways to reach our lifting goals, I'm looking for the method that is the best fit for me. I'm sure I'm not the first person to have difficulty with the concept of less is more. I hope you journal your progress with mass machine training so I can see how it works for you.
    first of all, all I care about is the results. If I could do 1 set and get the hell out of the gym and that would mean getting the best results possible, I would do it in a heartbeat and be very happy about it

Closed Thread
Page 269 of 364 FirstFirst ... 169 219 259 267 268 269 270 271 279 319 ... LastLast