Closed Thread
Page 341 of 364 FirstFirst ... 241 291 331 339 340 341 342 343 351 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,230 of 10915
    Charles956 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Skip, I was listening to your podcast today and have some feedback on it. Right before you said your 4-lane freeway story, I thought to myself he's going to tell that freeway story about San Fransisco. Ha, I've heard it a few times. Which driver would I would be? I thought to myself well if I were talking to Skip and he would tell me you go in there and be the lane 4 driver and brush off the mean mugs from those lane 1 and 2 drivers when you're merging in, I would do just that. However, if I had never listened to your story before I think I would be the lane 1 and 2 driver. When you were saying the thoughts that the lane 1 and 2 drivers would probably be having "it's the right thing to do, it's responsible, it's common decency" I thought yup those are exact thoughts I would be having. My natural response would be "it's common decency." If I was in a hurry though, I definitely would not have a problem being a lane 4 driver on that occasion. Even though you say you're not telling anybody what to do and their is no right or wrong choice, I think the correct choice according to the Manformation program would be lane 4. It's left me feeling kind of puzzled the few times I've heard it.

On another note, when you were talking about publishing "Thinking Big" and not being too satisfied thinking "I should be doing this and more." I can certainly relate to those feelings. When I read the Morning Connection newsletter, when I answer the "what impressed me yesterday" question I usually say something good or impressive but deep down I don't feel much sense of pride. Sometimes it is something worthy and I found out the reason for that was because I think I should be doing this and more. No reason to get pumped over something you should be doing in the first place.

I haven't received the Morning Connection newsletter for the last 3 days? I checked and I'm still subscribed. Something going on there. Thanks, Skip. Have a good one!

I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Charles956 View Post
    Hey Skip, I was listening to your podcast today and have some feedback on it. Right before you said your 4-lane freeway story, I thought to myself he's going to tell that freeway story about San Fransisco. Ha, I've heard it a few times. Which driver would I would be? I thought to myself well if I were talking to Skip and he would tell me you go in there and be the lane 4 driver and brush off the mean mugs from those lane 1 and 2 drivers when you're merging in, I would do just that. However, if I had never listened to your story before I think I would be the lane 1 and 2 driver. When you were saying the thoughts that the lane 1 and 2 drivers would probably be having "it's the right thing to do, it's responsible, it's common decency" I thought yup those are exact thoughts I would be having. My natural response would be "it's common decency." If I was in a hurry though, I definitely would not have a problem being a lane 4 driver on that occasion. Even though you say you're not telling anybody what to do and their is no right or wrong choice, I think the correct choice according to the Manformation program would be lane 4. It's left me feeling kind of puzzled the few times I've heard it.
    Expand on this, Charles.
    It's left me feeling kind of puzzled the few times I've heard it.
    On another note, when you were talking about publishing "Thinking Big" and not being too satisfied thinking "I should be doing this and more." I can certainly relate to those feelings. When I read the Morning Connection newsletter, when I answer the "what impressed me yesterday" question I usually say something good or impressive but deep down I don't feel much sense of pride. Sometimes it is something worthy and I found out the reason for that was because I think I should be doing this and more. No reason to get pumped over something you should be doing in the first place.
    There's always something you can be impressed when you push yourself. Maybe not what you thought of first all the time, but there is. Maybe not "out of the park - home run" impressed -- but there always something.

I haven't received the Morning Connection newsletter for the last 3 days? I checked and I'm still subscribed. Something going on there. Thanks, Skip. Have a good one!
    I'll make sure that's corrected.

Train Hard. Think Big, brother!
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

About the 4-lane freeway story, I guess there is never a perfect match but I just feel like "puzzled" (best word I could think of) because my way of thinking doesn't go along with the Manformation program and my way of thinking matches that of the other person who doesn't think like the Alpha male. Maybe it's just one of those things I have to let "marinate" and I'll have a better perspective on at a later time.

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    About the 4-lane freeway story, I guess there is never a perfect match but I just feel like "puzzled" (best word I could think of) because my way of thinking doesn't go along with the Manformation program and my way of thinking matches that of the other person who doesn't think like the Alpha male. Maybe it's just one of those things I have to let "marinate" and I'll have a better perspective on at a later time.
    The point of the story is to examine your "rules" and beliefs. It purpose is to make sure you think them out and make sure you aren't making life more complicated and constricting than it has to be. It is not to establish what an alpha male would do or not do while they are driving in their car.

If you've thought it out and you want to drive in lanes one and two--so be it.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    The point of the story is to examine your "rules" and beliefs. It purpose is to make sure you think them out and make sure you aren't making life more complicated and constricting than it has to be. It is not to establish what an alpha male would do or not do while they are driving in their car.

If you've thought it out and you want to drive in lanes one and two--so be it.
    Got it.

Ronnie Interviews Sportscaster Joe Fonzi - Ronnie's "BIGGER and BOLDER" Journey

Ronnie interviews successful San Francisco Bay Area sportscaster Joe Fonzi and gets more great career advice. Part of Ronnie's "MANformation" is to stretch himself and volunteer for situations he isn't comfortable doing.

For continual updates on Ronnie's "BIGGER and BOLDER" Journey - Click Here

Download a pdf file of this particular Mass Machine® Training Routine - Click Here

Get INSTANT LIFETIME ACCESS to 13 Different Mass Machine ® Training Routines - Click Here

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today.

Dream83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dream83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dream83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dream83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dream83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dream83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dream83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dream83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dream83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dream83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dream83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Skip,

Do you believe that you can work your inner chest with different exercises, like some say that close grip bench press targets your inner chest. Did you ever do close grip bench presses, cable or fly movements for your chest?

1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100)
    Skip how much does supplements help in getting bigger is it 15lbs?

Originally Posted by Dream83 View Post
    Hey Skip,

Do you believe that you can work your inner chest with different exercises, like some say that close grip bench press targets your inner chest. Did you ever do close grip bench presses, cable or fly movements for your chest?
    Hi Dream83.

Those exercise will help you develop your entire chest--"inner" chest included.

Can certain exercise ISOLATE that specific area--while excluding the rest of the chest? I think that's what your question is. No.

If that were the case, there would no professional bodybuilder on the planet who would be in any way deficient of an inner chest because they would have exhausted every option. You wouldn't chalk it up to them being lazy, ill-informed, or neglectful, would you?

Train Hard. Think Big.

Originally Posted by 1983Warrior View Post
    Skip how much does supplements help in getting bigger is it 15lbs?
    How does one quantify that, 1983Warrior?

Are you looking for a certain percentage?

Are ALL supplements available bundled into one category of "supplements" when determining that percentage (if that's what you are looking for)? Or, do you want to single out certain ones?

Train Hard. Think Big.

Dream83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dream83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dream83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dream83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dream83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dream83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dream83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dream83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dream83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dream83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dream83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Dream83.

Those exercise will help you develop your entire chest--"inner" chest included.

Can certain exercise ISOLATE that specific area--while excluding the rest of the chest? I think that's what your question is. No.

If that were the case, there would no professional bodybuilder on the planet who would be in any way deficient of an inner chest because they would have exhausted every option. You wouldn't chalk it up to them being lazy, ill-informed, or neglectful, would you?

Train Hard. Think Big.
    That makes sense. What are your three must have chest exercises?

YOUR DAILY DOSE Of "MTC" PODCAST

How To Attract Great Mentors, Maximize Their Power, and Keep Them In Your Life – Morning Connection #177 - More Than Just Muscles

Being "lucky" enough to have a mentor who has succeeded in an area of life that you want to succeed in also and is willing to share his insight and experience with you will make your journey much, much easier. But how much of getting that helpful mentor is really luck? During this podcast, Skip La Cour shares some "dos and don'ts" that will help you attract, maximize, and keep great mentors.

Click here to listen to this podcast.

Mass Machine® Training - Calves, Abs, and Forearms - Week 2 - Day 5

Mass Machine ® Training Routine #27
    Calves, Abs, and Forearms - Week 2 - Day 5 (Rep Range 4 to 6; 12 to 15)

--Calves--
    Seated Calf Raises - 2 sets
    Standing Calf Raises - 3 sets

--Abs--
    Weighted Leg Raises - 2 sets
    Weighted Cable Crunches - 2 sets

--Forearms--
    Seated Barbell Wrist Curls - 2 sets
    Seated Reverse Barbell Wrist Curls - 2 sets

Mass Machine Cardio - 20 minutes

Download a pdf file of this particular Mass Machine® Training Routine - Click Here

Get INSTANT LIFETIME ACCESS to 13 Different Mass Machine ® Training Routines - Click Here

Click here to order

1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100)
    How does one quantify that, 1983Warrior?

Are you looking for a certain percentage?

Are ALL supplements available bundled into one category of "supplements" when determining that percentage (if that's what you are looking for)? Or, do you want to single out certain ones?

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Tnx for the reply Skip you are allways so helpful.

I was thinking how much supplements helped you to get bigger/lose fat when you were competing. I remember you used CLA, Creatine, Glutamine and so on. Ofcourse it is hard to say exactly but I was just curios since I am participating in the 6week BPI challenge and am thinking of buying CLA and some other supplements. Sorry if I explain badly I am not English. My goal is to lose pretty much fat mostly. :-)

Tnx for the reply Skip you are allways so helpful.

I was thinking how much supplements helped you to get bigger/lose fat when you were competing. I remember you used CLA, Creatine, Glutamine and so on. Ofcourse it is hard to say exactly but I was just curios since I am participating in the 6week BPI challenge and am thinking of buying CLA and some other supplements. Sorry if I explain badly I am not English. My goal is to lose pretty much fat mostly. :-)
    Don't worry about your English, 1983Warrior. It's great.

That's just a tough question to answer because so much is based on a individual person's expectations for what supplements will actually do for them. Supplements will never replace hard work, consistency, solid strategies when it comes to training and nutrition--and executing all of these for a certain length of time. They will only bolster them to some degree and make it a little easier to follow through (in some cases).

Not only did I use the supplements you mentioned in the past and use them today, they are staple, cornerstone products in the Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition line I created and source the very best materials for today.
    So obviously, they have met MY expectations when put in the context of great eating and training habits.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Originally Posted by Dream83 View Post
    That makes sense. What are your three must have chest exercises?
    I have nothing "earth-shattering" to share with you about certain exercises, Dream83.

All of the basic exercises--when executed properly--will work extremely well.

It really comes down to how well a person EXECUTES the exercises.

That's the reason why I can give two different the very same exercises to perform for a couple of months--and the chances are great they will get two difference results (And not because of genetics or drugs).

Just because I or many people I know get great results with certain exercises doesn't mean the next person will execute them as effectively as me and the people I know do.

So, using that rationale is useless.

With any exercise you use, you can work to achieve better form, feel, execution, and mind-muscle connection.

With any exercise you use, you can shoot to hit the targeted muscle group more squarely. You control the negative phase of movement even more effectively.

With any exercise you use, you can heighten your level of focus and your level of confidence while performing each exercise.

All of these factors--along with overall training intensity--can and must be taken to higher and higher levels not matter which exercise you choose.

Train Hard. Think Big.

More Than Just Muscles #19 - Become Your Best Both Inside and Outside of the Gym

What kind of hugger are you? During this podcast, Skip and Carrie La Cour review this past week's Morning Connection podcast topics and the "MTC" (Mental Toughness Conditioning) in them. In addition, news and current events are discussed from a fitness perspective.

To see a review of this past week's Morning Connection podcasts and the MTC (Mental Toughness Conditioning), go here.

Click here to go to the Mass Machine Nutrition store right here on Bodybuilding.com.

Skip, I think that the most important thing in a diet or training program is that it is experienced as enjoyable by the person doing it. It is not as important that a training or diet program is scientifically perfect. Ofcourse both are important. What do you think about this?

Skip, I think that the most important thing in a diet or training program is that it is experienced as enjoyable by the person doing it. It is not as important that a training or diet program is scientifically perfect. Ofcourse both are important. What do you think about this?
    Hi 1983Warrior.

I don't believe a training or eating strategy absolutely MUST be "scientifically perfect" to produce results. Even if those results might not be "optimal", they possibly could still produce pretty good results. Of course, that would really depend on the specific strategy a person is referring to.

"Enjoyable" is way too vague of how a person can view their training or eating for me to agree with you on that one. That will mean different things to different people. Many of the best things that you can do to take your training and life to the next level certainly are not enjoyable in the short run. But you override those feelings because you want to achieve the desired end results badly enough.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Are You Too "Slick" For Your Own Good? – Morning Connection #178 - More Than Just Muscles

Do you have the uncanny ability to talk your way out of sticky situations that other people would get into trouble for? Can you get other people to give you a break even when you know you've fallen short of their expectations? Are you too "slick" for your own good? Could that talent and creativity be better used finding ways to become more responsible--rather than to get the pressure taken off of you to produce at the higher level? During this podcast, Skip La Cour asks you these tough questions and more as you strive to become your very best.

Hi 1983Warrior.

I don't believe a training or eating strategy absolutely MUST be "scientifically perfect" to produce results. Even if those results might not be "optimal", they possibly could still produce pretty good results. Of course, that would really depend on the specific strategy a person is referring to.

"Enjoyable" is way too vague of how a person can view their training or eating for me to agree with you on that one. That will mean different things to different people. Many of the best things that you can do to take your training and life to the next level certainly are not enjoyable in the short run. But you override those feelings because you want to achieve the desired end results badly enough.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    I agree Skip, right now I am losing fat so I am hungry alot and can not eat so much food which is not directly enjoyable but the feeling of being in the process of reaching my goal makes it all worth it and truly enjoyable overall.
    Last edited by 1983Warrior; 06-01-2014 at 11:44 PM.

Why Is It So Important For You To Change NOW? – Morning Connection #179 - More Than Just Muscles

You are determined to make changes to improve the quality of your life and you are truly committed to figuring what you must do to make those changes. That's a great start. But why is it so important for you to change? Why is it so important for you to change NOW? Working toward your goals and the life that you really want with all of the clear-cut reasons WHY in the forefront of your mind every single day is the "rocket fuel" that will drive you forward. The reasons why will drive you forward with the focus and sense of urgency that you need to finally make those things happen.

Mass Machine® Training - Chest and Triceps - Week 3 - Day 1

Ronnie's "BIGGER and BOLDER" Journey
    (Ronnie La Cour is Skip La Cour's 20-year old nephew)

Mass Machine® Training Routine #27
    Chest and Triceps - Week 3 - Day 1 (Rep Range 4 to 6)

--Chest--
    Flat Barbell Bench Press - 2 sets
    Incline Barbell Bench Press - 2 sets
    Incline Dumbbell Bench Press - 2 sets

--Triceps--
    Triceps Cable Pressdowns - 3 sets
    Lying Triceps Extensions - 2 sets

Click here to order

Hi Skip, how can one apply the THINK BIG philosophy to all aspects of life?

You Can't Do It Or Just Don't Want To Do What It Takes To Do It? Which Belief Serves You Best? – Morning Connection #180 - More Than Just Muscles

Are you sometimes too quick to convince yourself that you just don't have the ability to achieve a certain goal you've set? Think about it. Even if you're accurate, you still "lose" because you don't get what you want. Wouldn't it be more empowering in the long run to believe that you just aren't willing to do whatever it takes to succeed? During this podcast, Skip La Cour talks about this and more.

Hi Skip, how can one apply the THINK BIG philosophy to all aspects of life?
    Make sure you set goals in your life based on what you REALLY want--and not based on what you think you can accomplish.

You'll surprise yourself a lot of the time when you develop the courage to THINK BIG.

Mass Machine® Training - Legs - Week 3 - Day 2

(Ronnie La Cour is Skip La Cour's 20- year old nephew)

Legs - Week 3 - Day 2 (Rep Range 4 to 6)

--Legs--
    Squats - 2 sets
    Leg Press - 2 sets
    Leg Curls - 2 sets
    Stiff Leg Deadlifts - 2 sets

Click here to order

Make sure you set goals in your life based on what you REALLY want--and not based on what you think you can accomplish.

You'll surprise yourself a lot of the time when you develop the courage to THINK BIG.
    I find it exciting to go after what I really want, but it is also a relearning process. In my life nobody told me to do what I love only. I did this as a child but the more adult I became the farther away from my love I got. Have you been through this process too? How do you learn others to do what they really want? Any tips you could give to me.
    Last edited by 1983Warrior; 06-04-2014 at 01:25 AM.

Do You Get An "A" For Effort But Sometimes Get Only A "C+" For Productivity? – Morning Connection #181 - More Than Just Muscles

Could you be losing your edge because you are just a little too satisfied with how much hard work and effort you put into what you do? Skip La Cour discusses this and more during this podcast.

Mass Machine® Training - Back and Biceps - Week - Day 3

(Ronnie La Cour is Skip La Cour's 20-year old nephew)

Back and Biceps - Week 3 - Day 3 (Rep Range 4 to 6)

--Back--
    Bent Over Barbell Rows - 2 sets
    Cable Pull Downs (In front) - 2 sets
    Seated Cable Rows (V-Bar) - 1 set
    Deadlifts - 2 sets

--Biceps--
    Alternating Dumbbell Curls - 2 sets
    Straight Barbell Curls - 2 sets
    Curl Bar Curls - 1 set

Click here to order

Closed Thread
Page 341 of 364 FirstFirst ... 241 291 331 339 340 341 342 343 351 ... LastLast