Closed Thread
Page 349 of 364 FirstFirst ... 249 299 339 347 348 349 350 351 359 ... LastLast
Results 10,441 to 10,470 of 10915
    I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mpannu1 View Post
    Skip

What are your thoughts on cheat meals? I'm bulking to add muscle, should I have one or stay away? I really don't want to hinder my results or halt my progress by having one.

Thanks
    Hi mpannu1.

I don't see any "physical" harm to having planned cheat meals when you are bulking--especially when that meal contributes to your macronutrient goals for the day.

Cheat can help a person out emotionally because they can serve as a break from the disciplined, structured plan.

People have different mental makeups though. What works best for one person may not be the best approach for another. Some people may let cheat meals distract them and go on an endless run of cheat meals and just rationalize doing so as "bulking". Everyone doesn't view the challenge of eating in any kind of structured manner the same way--so you need to find out what plan works best for you.

I'm curious to what you think the harm in a cheat meal might be when a person is bulking.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

10 Benefits of Creating A Vision And Reviewing It On A Daily Basis

A vision is very similar to a personal “mission statement.” The vision that I encourage you to create is a vivid mental image of the person you are working toward becoming along your personal journey. Your vision will remind you of the way you want to act and how you should follow through on a consistent basis. Your vision includes many of the things you see yourself accomplishing during the next 12 weeks—and even beyond our time together.

Your vision should be rather short and concise. It’s a series of phrases, statements, encouraging words, and reminders that you’ll constantly review to keep you on track. You should limit your vision to about four or five paragraphs of standards, goals, day-to-day actions, and inspirational quotes that will remind you of who you really want to be and what you really want to accomplish. I encourage you to review this vision of a daily basis to keep you on track and focus on your goals.

Here are 10 benefits that creating a vision and reviewing it on a daily basis can do for you:

1. You are literally forced to create a plan-of-attack when you create a vision. One the most important benefits you’ll experience by creating a vision is that you’ll construct a roadmap toward success and a plan-of-attack to accomplish your mission.

How many people do you know who have really taken the time to decide exactly what they wish to produce from their efforts—whether those efforts are in bodybuilding or anywhere else in life?

A vision will serve as a guide to your destination. By investing the time to create a vision, you can put yourself far ahead of the average person. A vision will force you to invest the time to determine what you ultimately want to accomplish, who you want to become at the end of this journey—and the new direction of your life afterwards.

The visions I’ve created (and recreated) over the years have had a tremendous impact on where I am today. Taking the time to determine where I ultimately wanted to go has undoubtedly pulled me closer to my goals.

2. You’ll save time because you’ll be working in a more directed manner. How much time and energy have you wasted in the past heading in one direction, only to spend more time and energy heading in the opposite direction? When you review your vision everyday, you work in a more focused manner. You will spend less time zigzagging all over the place with your time and effort and work in a more directed manner. In addition to keeping you on track, your vision will also remind you of why you are so committed to achieve what’s most important to your personal journey.

3. You’ll make better day-to-day decisions. You’ll find yourself making intelligent, purpose-driven decisions without being consciously aware of their implications in the future. When you read your vision every day, you constantly “planted a seed” in the back of your mind—and it’s working without you being aware of it. A vision will oftentimes steer you clear of ineffective, time-wasting strategies and methods that will distract you and take you off course.

4. You’ll become more accountable for your actions. How long would it take for you to get yourself back on track if you were reminded of your shortcomings every morning? Creating a vision and reading it every day makes you accountable for your actions. You won’t be able to forget about the promises you made to yourself to follow through on the individual actions, steps, decisions, and tasks.

5. The challenging times your encounter will become easier to work through. Have you ever used the expression “uphill battle” while describing an endeavor you found especially difficult? Do you ever feel as though your training and eating efforts are an uphill battle? I know the feeling. I have felt that way as well—many times over the years!

My vision (and revised visions) gave me the confidence boost I needed when times were extremely difficult. It gave me a sense of optimism during those times when it seemed that the only person who believed in my abilities and my goals was me.

Your vision will have the unique ability to draw you toward your goals. Instead of an uphill battle, your journey will seem metaphorically more positive. Essentially, our vision will have the ability to pull you toward your goals just like the awesome force of a gigantic magnet draws a piece of metal.

Most people have no problem putting forth their best effort when things are going well. Unfortunately, good times will never last forever. During every journey, you will inevitably encounter challenges. Distractions, setbacks, and obstacles are all part of the game of life.

Setbacks such as an injury, feeling hopeless because you think you’ve tried virtually everything to lose weight and inches, having special people leave your life because he or she doesn’t support your passion for the gym can be devastating and can threaten your will to persevere.

Your vision can help you adjust to setbacks and disappointments. Creating a vision and reviewing it daily will you the strength to continue grinding towards your goals.

6. You’ll look for and find creative ways to meet your goals. Oftentimes, it’s the people who try “just one more time” that are the ones who eventually achieve success. When you create a vision and review it every day, you will unleash the creative genius inside of you and come up with all kinds of great ideas to reach your goals.

7. You’ll look for and find creative ways to overcome your challenges. Persistence is often what will be needed for you to reach your goals during this journey. The creative genius inside of you will also find solutions when those inevitable problems occur.

8. People will become valuable assets who can help you. Being in the company of outstanding people will help you get the most out of this journey. With a vision, you effectively use the people in your life to help you achieve your dreams. You will also instinctively know whom to remove from your life so they won’t pull you off course.

9. You’ll realize what you’ve accomplished and appreciate how far you’ve come. My vision(s) has been the catalyst that helped me celebrate during the good times. Reviewing my vision allowed me to see that I was steadily making progress toward my goals. Realizing what I’ve actually accomplished by reading my vision has pumped me up when I’ve failed to recognize just how much I’ve been able to get done.

One of the biggest tragedies in life occurs when we fail to appreciate and take notice of the victories we experience. By creating a vision, you will greatly reduce the chances of failing to appreciate what you’ve achieved.

10. You’ll enjoy the process of striving for your goals. When you create a vision, review it daily, save time, work in a more directed manner, make better decisions, find creative solutions to problems, stay optimistic, enlist the help of others, and appreciate your progress, there is little doubt you’ll enjoy your journey this year at a great level. That’s what creating a vision and reviewing it often will do for you.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Skip La Cour

Click Here To Order Mass Machine Nutrition right here on Bodybuilding.com.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

Mass Machine® Training - Legs and Calves- Week 6 - Day 1

Ronnie's "BIGGER and BOLDER" Journey
    (Ronnie La Cour is Skip La Cour's 21-year old nephew)

Mass Machine® Training Routine #28
    Legs and Calves - Week 6 - Day 1 (Rep Range 4 to 6)

--Legs--
    Leg Press - 3 sets
    Squats - 2 sets
    Stiff Leg Deadlifts - 3 sets
    Leg Curls - 2 sets

--Calves--
    Standing Calf Raises - 3 sets
    45º Calf Press (On Leg Press) - 3 sets

Mass Machine Cardio - 20 minutes

For continual updates on Ronnie's "BIGGER and BOLDER" Journey - Click Here

Ronnie's weekly one-on-one coaching and goal-setting sessions with Skip La Cour can be listened to and downloaded here

Download a pdf file of this particular Mass Machine® Training Routine - Click Here

Get INSTANT LIFETIME ACCESS to 13 Different Mass Machine ® Training Routines - Click Here

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today.

mpannu1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpannu1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpannu1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpannu1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpannu1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpannu1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpannu1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpannu1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpannu1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpannu1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpannu1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    Hi mpannu1.

I don't see any "physical" harm to having planned cheat meals when you are bulking--especially when that meal contributes to your macronutrient goals for the day.

Cheat can help a person out emotionally because they can serve as a break from the disciplined, structured plan.

People have different mental makeups though. What works best for one person may not be the best approach for another. Some people may let cheat meals distract them and go on an endless run of cheat meals and just rationalize doing so as "bulking". Everyone doesn't view the challenge of eating in any kind of structured manner the same way--so you need to find out what plan works best for you.

I'm curious to what you think the harm in a cheat meal might be when a person is bulking.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    I just wondered if having one a week, would slow progress or results rather then not having one.

Originally Posted by mpannu1 View Post
    I just wondered if having one a week, would slow progress or results rather then not having one.
    I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "progress" but a cheat meal with enough macronutrients isn't going to slow down your muscle gains all by itself. You may slow down you fat loss progress a little but I assume you aren't too concerned with that because you mentioned you were bulking.

Train Hard. Think Big.

MassMachineJA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MassMachineJA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MassMachineJA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MassMachineJA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MassMachineJA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MassMachineJA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MassMachineJA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MassMachineJA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MassMachineJA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MassMachineJA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MassMachineJA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Skip,

When's the next update on taking Ronnie's place?

Originally Posted by MassMachineJA View Post
    Skip,

When's the next update on taking Ronnie's place?
    Soon, Jerome.

I either need to work on a better way to get the message out or there's not a lot HUNGRY people out there ready to do the work for the big payoff they could earn.

It going to be a huge investment of my time--so I have to make sure there's plenty of interest from people who want to participate and follow it.

Skip

MassMachineJA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MassMachineJA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MassMachineJA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MassMachineJA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MassMachineJA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MassMachineJA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MassMachineJA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MassMachineJA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MassMachineJA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MassMachineJA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MassMachineJA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Soon, Jerome.

I either need to work on a better way to get the message out or there's not a lot HUNGRY people out there ready to do the work for the big payoff they could earn.

It going to be a huge investment of my time--so I have to make sure there's plenty of interest from people who want to participate and follow it.

Skip
    I know it'll be worth the wait... but patience has never been my strong suit.

Thanks for the quick response.

Bust Through Any Bodybuilding and Training PLATEAU With the Power of Your MIND!

Click here to order

Mass Machine® Training - Arms (Biceps, Triceps, and Forearms) - Week 6 - Day 2

Arms (Biceps, Triceps, and Forearms) - Week 6 - Day 2 (Rep Range 4 to 6)

--Biceps--
    Barbell Curls - 3 sets
    Alternating Dumbbell Curls - 2 sets
    Dumbbell Hammer Curls - 1 set

--Triceps--
    Lying Triceps Extensions - 1 set
    Triceps Cable Pressdowns - 2 sets
    Overhead Dumbbell Triceps Extensions - 2 sets

--Forearms--
    Seated Barbell Wrist Curls - 2 sets
    Dumbbell Wrist Curls - 1 set

Ronnie's weekly one-on-one coaching and goal-setting sessions with Skip La Cour can be listened to and downloaded here

Download a pdf file of this particular Mass Machine® Training Routine - Click Here

Get INSTANT LIFETIME ACCESS to 13 Different Mass Machine ® Training Routines - Click Here

Click here to order

Mass Machine® Training - Shoulders and Traps - Week 6 - Day 3

Shoulders and Traps - Week 6 - Day 3 (Rep Range 4 to 6)

--Shoulders--
    Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press - 3 sets
    Straight Bar Military Press (In front) - 3 sets
    Side Lateral Dumbbell Raises - 2 sets
    Seated Bent Over Rear Lateral Dumbbell Raises - 1 set

--Traps--
    Barbell Shrugs - 2 sets
    Upright Barbell Rows (close grip) - 2 sets

Click here to order

Mass Machine® Training - Back - Week 6 - Day 4

Back - Week 6 - Day 4 (Rep Range 4 to 6)

Cable Pull Downs (In front) - 3 sets
    Seated Cable Rows (straight bar) - 2 sets
    Bent Over Barbell Rows - 2 sets
    Weighted Hyper-Extensions - 2 sets
    Good Mornings - 2 sets

Click here to order

Mass Machine® Training - Chest and Abs - Week 6 - Day 5

Chest and Abs - Week 6 - Day 5 (Rep Range 4 to 6)

---Chest---
    Flat Barbell Bench Press - 3 sets
    Incline Dumbbell Press - 2 sets
    Weighted Dips - 2 sets

---Abs---
    Weighted Leg Raises - 2 sets
    Weighted Cable Crunches - 1 set
    Weighted Crunches - 1 set

Click here to order

Mass Machine® Training - Legs and Calves- Week 7 - Day 1

Legs and Calves - Week 7 - Day 1 (Rep Range 4 to 6)

--Legs--
    Leg Press - 3 sets
    Squats - 2 sets
    Stiff Leg Deadlifts - 3 sets
    Leg Curls - 2 sets

--Calves--
    Standing Calf Raises - 3 sets
    45º Calf Press (On Leg Press) - 3 sets

Click here to order

Click here to connect with men just like you who are DRIVEN to take all
    aspects of their lives to the next level. Visit the MANformation.com Forum.
    Become a part of the powerful MANformationNATION!

How To Demonstrate Supreme Confidence In Every Social Situation

Click here to read this article.

Mass Machine® Training - Arms (Biceps, Triceps, and Forearms) - Week 7 - Day 2

Arms (Biceps, Triceps, and Forearms) - Week 7 - Day 2 (Rep Range 4 to 6)

--Biceps--
    Barbell Curls - 3 sets
    Alternating Dumbbell Curls - 2 sets
    Dumbbell Hammer Curls - 1 set

--Triceps--
    Lying Triceps Extensions - 1 set
    Triceps Cable Pressdowns - 2 sets
    Overhead Dumbbell Triceps Extensions - 2 sets

--Forearms--
    Seated Barbell Wrist Curls - 2 sets
    Dumbbell Wrist Curls - 1 set

Click here to order

Ronnie’s “BIGGER and BOLDER” Journey – Complete Review of the Past 17 Weeks Coaching Session

There are less than two weeks left in Ronnie's "BIGGER and BOLDER" Journey! During this audio recording/coaching session, Skip La Cour takes his nephew Ronnie through an entire review the 17 weeks of his journey so far.

You want to make sure that you listen to this coaching session in its entirety to motivate YOU to achieve your goals. You will benefit from listening to it--no matter what your age is or what your personal goals are.

Skip La Cour assesses Ronnie's progress with his training performance , training mindset, physical development, eating habits, and his "MANformation" confidence and presentation both inside and outside of the gym. All of it. What he did well and what he needs to improve upon.

Click Here to listen to this audio recording.

Click here to order

jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Arnold Is Numero Uno

Great MANformarion podcast on Arnold, Skip!

He lives his life in Alpha mode and has worked his ass off to get what he has. It really made me think about having a crystal clear picture about what I want out of my life and my body.

Also your point about the stresses we think we have when we put ourselves out there pale in comparison to his scandal, and yet he keeps moving forward - that hit home for me and hit me hard. Thanks for that.

Originally Posted by jerothas View Post

Great MANformarion podcast on Arnold, Skip!

He lives his life in Alpha mode and has worked his ass off to get what he has. It really made me think about having a crystal clear picture about what I want out of my life and my body.

Also your point about the stresses we think we have when we put ourselves out there pale in comparison to his scandal, and yet he keeps moving forward - that hit home for me and hit me hard. Thanks for that.
    Ha! Nice, Jerome.

And, I wasn't making Arnold impressions. Those were "audio drops" of his actual voice. So, I'll let Arnold know he doesn't do a good impression of himself. LOL

For those of you who didn't hear the podcast . . .

Click here to listen to this podcast.

jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

And, I wasn't making Arnold impressions. Those were "audio drops" of his actual voice

For those of you who didn't hear the podcast . . .

Click here to listen to this podcast.
    Skip,

I meant Iknow the difference between the sound board and when you guys were saying "I'm a bad man..."

He gave a speech to USC recently where he outlined his 6 rules of success:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash...raduation.html

Def worth the read & can't wait for the next podcast.
    http://thatfitguy.com - No BS Fitness Truth
    http://youtube.com/thatfitguycom for videos
    http://blogtalkradio.com/thatfitguy for my weekly podcast
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151574043&p for my 49 Days To Supreme Confidence Journal

I'm Making Random Coaching Calls From My ******** Page All Day Today (9-19-14)

I'm making RANDOM COACHING CALLS all day today form my www.********.com/SkipLaCourPage Skip La Cour ******** Page. Bodybuilding and Training . . . MANformation Leadership . . . whatever serves you best.

PRIVATE MESSAGE here on this ******** Page with your 1. Biggest challenge 2. Your age 3. Your phone number (Skype address outside the U.S.). Be sure to answer the phone call from the 925 area code--you'll only get one shot.

Good luck!

YOUR Coach,

--Skip La Cour

My Take on the Phil Heath - Kai Greene 2014 Mr. Olympia Press Conference Drama

Here's what I think. What do YOU think? Write your comments below.

Mass Machine® Training - Chest and Abs - Week 7 - Day 5

Chest and Abs - Week 7 - Day 5 (Rep Range 4 to 6)

---Chest---
    Flat Barbell Bench Press - 3 sets
    Incline Dumbbell Press - 2 sets
    Weighted Dips - 2 sets

---Abs---
    Weighted Leg Raises - 2 sets
    Weighted Cable Crunches - 1 set
    Weighted Crunches - 1 set

Click here to order

Closed Thread
Page 349 of 364 FirstFirst ... 249 299 339 347 348 349 350 351 359 ... LastLast