Closed Thread
Page 276 of 364 FirstFirst ... 176 226 266 274 275 276 277 278 286 326 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,280 of 10915
    I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Mass Machine Mindset #19

In a slump? You just aren’t as motivated as you’d like to be? Just remember that “this too shall pass.” Keep on keepin’ on. You’ll be climbing your way back to “Machine-like” follow-through when you just keep focused on your high standards—regardless if you aren’t executing them as well as you’d like right now. It will be just a matter of time.

On a roll? You couldn’t be more motivated if you tried? Awesome! This run won’t last forever, as you probably already know. Savory every moment! Lock that awesome feeling of getting the job done deeply into your mind, body, and soul. Feel it in every pore of your body. It will be so much easier to get back to this place during the challenging times because you’ve “conditioned” your mind and body to know where you want them to be.

Train Hard. Think Big.

You are a MASS MACHINE!

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition MM1000 Micronized Creatine here on Bodybuilding.com.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

Charles956 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Skip, when doing lat pull downs for upper back, do I need to have the bar touch my chest or is it enough to just pull it to where it goes below my chin? I believe I read a long time ago that you strive to just have it just go beneath your chin.

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Charles956 View Post
    Skip, when doing lat pull downs for upper back, do I need to have the bar touch my chest or is it enough to just pull it to where it goes below my chin? I believe I read a long time ago that you strive to just have it just go beneath your chin.
    Hi Charles956.

Upper back? I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that.

Although all the muscles in the back will be stimulated somewhat, you really should concentrate on the lats when doing lat pulldowns.

I'm not sure where the chin came into any of my explanations of proper execution.

Watch this video where I coach my nephew through Lat Pulldowns.

It goes from 1:18 to 4:20.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition MM1000 Micronized Creatine

Skip La Cour talks about how creatine will help your bodybuilding and training efforts and why Mass Machine Nutrition's MM1000 Micronized Creatine is the best on the market.

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition MM1000 Micronized Creatine here on Bodybuilding.com.

Skip La Cour's MASS MACHINE Bodybuilding & Training Podcast- #507

2-24-13

Natural Mr. Olympia John Hansen

Skip La Cour talks with bodybuilding legend John Hansen during this podcast.

Click Here to Listen to Podcast

I'm not going to let you forget the goals you set for 2013. . . .

2-24-13

We begin Week #9 of 2013

Sound off MASS MACHINES!

What's one MAJOR thing you WILL accomplish this week that has been lingering--and you know you absolutely MUST get it done? It can be either inside or outside of the gym.

Commit to finally getting it done right here.

I will ask you this every single week in 2013 and do whatever I can to help you follow through. That's my commitment to YOU.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Lesson #4 - Fighting Your Way Through the "Gap Time" - 49 Days To SUPREME Confidence Ultimate Transformation Challenge

When you want to take your efforts from where they are now to where you ultimately want them to be, expect to go through some times that are filled with uncertainty and frustration. In this video, Skip La Cour talks about this "Gap Time" and what you'll need to do to get through it.

Lesson #4 of 49 of the Mass Machine Nutrition "49 Days To Supreme Confidence" Ultimate Transformation Challenge.

Click Here to order Mass Machine Nutrition's MM60EFL Energy and Fat Loss Capsules on Bodybuilding.com

I was getting a physical examination with a new doctor years ago. The doctor (male) was very curious about my physique and started asking me a few questions.

Now, I've been down this road many times before over the previous 15 years or so at this point so I know what he getting at without being direct. I told him how I was many time national "drug free" bodybuilding champion and have been training for so many years and blah, blah, blah.......

As he looked up at me from the stool he was sitting on right in front of me, I could tell wasn't really believing what I telling him (as I have been down that road many times before too).

Immediately after grabbing my testicals to start the physical, he shrills in this high pitched voice "Oooooohhhh! You DON'T take steroids!!!!" and went on an on about their "quality."

"Uhhhhhh.....thank you????" I uncomfortably replied.

LOL

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today

My goal for this week that I've been putting off for too long is to start going to sleep earlier everyday.

pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Skip

Just catching up on the thread and podcasts for 49 days, you posted a video a few pages back '02 All star Seminar, Interesting Video do you have more from that Seminar?

Portia
    Train hard and Think Big

I am a relentless Mass Machine

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Originally Posted by pphelps83 View Post
    Hey Skip

Just catching up on the thread and podcasts for 49 days, you posted a video a few pages back '02 All star Seminar, Interesting Video do you have more from that Seminar?

Portia
    Great, Portia.

It's good to have you here.

As far as the '02 seminar video, I will eventually get to editing and uploading the rest of it.

If it would have gone more viral with more views and interest, I would make posting the rest of it more of a priority.

I have to allocate my time properly and do the things that produce RESULTS!

Train Hard. Think Big.

tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Follow my 2013 Contest Preparation Journal on Bodybuilding.com: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152959321

Get you questions answered by Skip La Cour in the Mass Machine Bodybuilding Thread on the Bodybuilding.com Forum: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107699061&page=282

http://www.youtube.com/user/tyseagle?feature=mhee

Originally Posted by tyseagle View Post
    You made that look easy, Tyler.

Nice work!

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The podcasts continue to be a source of inspiration & enouragement. As a 36 year old competitor who has been competing for fourteen years, I have sometimes wondered how long physical improvements can continue. Its encouraging to have role models like you who were their best as competitive athletes at the age of 40 and beyond.

Also, when you first start out as a competitive athlete, you have expectations that you should progress so quickly through the ranks. Take earning your IFBB pro card for instance. It often takes longer than expected and if you don't earn it right away, you wonder if you have the "genetic gifts". In reality, sometimes it just takes self-belief and the will to keep-on-keeping on.

Also, in life, I have experienced a lot of transformation in the last 10 years or so. I feel like I have a much greater understanding of life and myself and have grown so much as a person. It is encouraging to know the best likely lies ahead.

Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    BRAND NEW PODCAST!

Lesson #3 of the Mass Machine Nutrition "49 Days To SUPREME Confidence" Ultimate Transformation Challenge

"How To Make the Most of Your Time--No Matter What You Age Is"
    Visit:
    http://www.********.com/PositiveEnergy247Fitness
    http://joyhenderson.blogspot.com/
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/HenderJBvisuallinkcom
    http://www.youtube.com/user/positiveenergy247

Ecc 9:10 “Whatever your hands find to do, do it with all your might..”

J-Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) J-Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) J-Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) J-Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) J-Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) J-Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) J-Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) J-Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) J-Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) J-Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) J-Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Skip,

I had a few questions for you if you don't mind. I'm about to compete in my first contest and wanted to get your opinion on a few things.

#1 I've read how you use to lay out your sodium loading when prepping for a show. If I remember correctly as you dropped the sodium you adde in postassium and said to try and stay away from potassium containing foods. Then I saw when you were helping Tyruss get ready for his competition you had him have a banana with some whey either prior to a cardio session or after with an Appel used the other time. So do you still believe in that same sodium loading process? And would having bananas be something one should eliminate when using this method given the fact they have potassium in them?

#2 I know you liked to get a good tan from laying out in the sun when getting ready to compete then add the fake tanner a few days before the show. I live in Ohio and its winter so tanning out in the sun isn't an option right now. What would you recommend to make sure someone's color is right/dark enough for a competition?
    Nothing works unless you do!

Originally Posted by J-Freak View Post
    Hey Skip,

I had a few questions for you if you don't mind. I'm about to compete in my first contest and wanted to get your opinion on a few things.

#1 I've read how you use to lay out your sodium loading when prepping for a show. If I remember correctly as you dropped the sodium you added in potassium and said to try and stay away from potassium containing foods. Then I saw when you were helping Tyrus get ready for his competition you had him have a banana with some whey either prior to a cardio session or after with an apple used the other time. So do you still believe in that same sodium loading process? And would having bananas be something one should eliminate when using this method given the fact they have potassium in them?
    Hi J-Freak.

Choosing foods that are lower in potassium is only needed for about the last week and half to create the "swing" you start the last 4 or 5 days.

You only drop your sodium during the last week before the show.

Do I still believe in the sodium loading/depleting process? HELL YES! 100%.

Originally Posted by J-Freak View Post
    #2 I know you liked to get a good tan from laying out in the sun when getting ready to compete then add the fake tanner a few days before the show. I live in Ohio and its winter so tanning out in the sun isn't an option right now. What would you recommend to make sure someone's color is right/dark enough for a competition?
    Good luck in your show. Let me know if you have any more questions.

A tanning booth you be your only other option.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Skip, in your younger days when you were investing lots of time and money into personal development. Did you follow one mentor at a time or were you able to follow more than one a time? I sometimes suffer from "information overload" when it comes to personal development/self-improvement, none at all when it comes to bodybuilding. Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by Charles956 View Post
    Skip, in your younger days when you were investing lots of time and money into personal development. Did you follow one mentor at a time or were you able to follow more than one a time? I sometimes suffer from "information overload" when it comes to personal development/self-improvement, none at all when it comes to bodybuilding. Thanks in advance.
    Suffering from information overload is certainly not uncommon, Charles956.

I suggest that you follow one mentor at a time. Doing whatever it takes to climb into the mind of that person, talk his talk, and walk his walk.

Give yourself a predetermined amount of time (like six months or a year) that you commit yourself to follow EXACTLY what he outlines for you--whether it makes sense to you or not. At the beginning of any journey, you really have no idea what does and does not make sense. Promise yourself that you won't stray when something "shiny and new" comes along. You can always do that afterward.

Train Hard. Think Big.

ihelpmotivate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ihelpmotivate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ihelpmotivate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ihelpmotivate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ihelpmotivate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ihelpmotivate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ihelpmotivate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ihelpmotivate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I went to your podcast page (haven't been there in a while) and I randomly clicked on I think #33 about age, and your process starting at 27.

I just want to let you know how much that podcast helped me. This was something that was weighing on me heavily as I am about to turn 26 soon. I actually was going to call in and ask about that before I randomly picked it.

Again I almost feel like weight was lifted off me and wanted to say appreciate the podcast and your work.
    Trying to take my training and fitness to a level I have never been at before. I will document my progress and the strategies I used and hopefully it will motivate and inspire others.

SOON I will have the physique to motivate others

Self Development Blog: iHelpMotivate.com

Blog where I post things I find motivating and strategies from books and authors in the self-development field.

tsingleton19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Skip, I had a guy earlier at the gym who asked me about training his left arm heavier in order to catch it up to his right. I told him it wasn't a great idea because he may end up with a stronger/more developed left later on but what do you think? Also i just saw the comment about sodium depleting for your show. How does that work? I've carb deplete and loads for my last show but is sodium better?

Originally Posted by ihelpmotivate View Post
    I went to your podcast page (haven't been there in a while) and I randomly clicked on I think #33 about age, and your process starting at 27.

I just want to let you know how much that podcast helped me. This was something that was weighing on me heavily as I am about to turn 26 soon. I actually was going to call in and ask about that before I randomly picked it.

Again I almost feel like weight was lifted off me and wanted to say appreciate the podcast and your work.
    Awesome, ihelpmotivate!

I really love it when sharing my personal struggles and setbacks help other people get clarity to get on a better path.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Originally Posted by tsingleton19 View Post
    Skip, I had a guy earlier at the gym who asked me about training his left arm heavier in order to catch it up to his right. I told him it wasn't a great idea because he may end up with a stronger/more developed left later on but what do you think? Also i just saw the comment about sodium depleting for your show. How does that work? I've carb deplete and loads for my last show but is sodium better?
    Hi tsingleton19.

I agree that training one arm heavier is NOT the right approach. When you have one limb more developed than the other, it's probably one of two things:

1. You aren't executing the exercises for each limb the same way--even though it may seem like you are. This is very common.

2. You simply have a genetic imbalance that your probably won't change much. This is also very common. Most people may look perfectly symmetrical but they really aren't.

If one limb is stronger than the other, that's somewhat common too. The good thing is that is doesn't matter if both limb are not the same strength if each one's muscle size is close to the same.

As far as sodium loading and depleting is concerned, I have some blog posts about it here--and I outline it in great detail in my ULTIMATE Contest Prep audio seminar course. It's pretty involved.

Train Hard. Think Big.

I have a few coaching spots that have just opened up, if you are interested.

Email me at skip@skiplacour.com.

I have a special offer for the 3-month plan that you can learn about HERE.

Train Hard. Think Big.

BRAND NEW PODCAST!

Podcast #33 - February 27, 2013

Lesson #4 of the Mass Machine Nutrition "49 Days To SUPREME Confidence" Ultimate Transformation Challenge

"Fighting Your Way Through the 'Gap Time'"

Click Here to listen and/or download this week's podcast.

Send your completed assignment to me at skip@massmachinenutrition.com by Monday morning at 8 am Pacific time to be eligible for prizes.

PAST LESSONS/PODCASTS

Lesson #1 - "Who Do You Think You Are?" - Click Here to listen and/or download this week's podcast.

Lesson #2 - "How To Effectively Process All of the Bodybuilding and Training Information Available" - Click Here to listen and/or download this week's podcast.

Lesson #3 - "How To Make the Most of Your Time--No Matter What You Age Is" - Click Here to listen and/or download this week's podcast.

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition right here on Bodybuilding.com today.

Get to the Gym; Work Effectively and Efficiently; and Then Get the Heck Out of There!

Many People’s Workouts Are Way Too Long—and Their Intensity Plummets

By Skip La Cour

Many bodybuilders mistakenly believe that working out longer and doing more exercises and sets makes them better than the average person. They misguidedly see themselves as some type of training warrior who is going above and beyond the call of duty in order to achieve their ambitious goals. They incorrectly see themselves as working much harder than the average person because they are willing to put more time in the gym.

More isn’t better—not when it comes to bodybuilding and training. Don’t fool yourself and confuse time spent in the gym or volume of work with progress. This is one of the toughest things for many people training in the gym to understand.

You’ll move from exercise to exercise smoothly and efficiently when you establish a time frame that you are committed to work within. It will be easier to focus on the matter-at-hand when you only have so much time to do so. Make a game out of meeting the time goal that you’ve established. This is just one more simple way to set the stage for a more productive training session.

Your weight training sessions should last no longer than one hour. And you know what? I’m being extremely liberal with that amount of time. I really believe you can be extremely effective in far less time. But, because I know it’s such a challenge for most of us to shorten our workouts and still feel confident that we are doing enough to meet our bodybuilding goals, I’ll make the cutoff point one hour.

Click Here to read the rest of this article.

Click here to order
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today.

Mass Machine Mindset #20

Remember that it's NOT the sets, reps, or exercises that make a training routine effective--it's the PERSON doing that training routine that makes the biggest difference.

Too many people put far too much pressure on themselves to use the "perfect" training routine NOW. Don't get too hung up on this!

You've seen that guy who is brand new to training using the very same training routine and style as you. Just because he's using the same training routine as you certainly doesn't mean he's going to get the same level of PRODUCTIVITY out of it as you will, right?

You've EARNED your current level of expertise through time, experience, and metal toughness--and he hasn't (yet).

Well, just think how much more you will get out of your current training routine THREE YEARS FROM NOW with the amount of focus, drive, attention to detail, never-satisfied mentality, and commitment you are putting into every session now. The number of "next level" mind-muscle distinctions you'll earn will be staggering!

It's not the training routine--it's the PERSON doing the training routine that makes the biggest difference.

You are a MASS MACHINE!

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click here to order

H0n3y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    Hi H0n3y.....

That's great. A good trainer will motivate you and push you to follow through with your workouts 100% of the time instead of just 90%. You'll see how that make a big difference.

Your trainer will also make sure you are pushing yourself hard enough because they'll have a better idea of what you are truly capable of in the gym.

Hitting the targeted muscle group directly, effectively, and efficiently with every rep, set, and exercise is extremely important--and your trainer will help you do that too.

Gaining clean weight is a process. It is a process that takes time. You basically need to push yourself in the gym, rest and recover, eat the way your diet is outlined while your body is resting and recovering from your workouts--and then repeat that over and over again.

It can't be rushed so, the clean weight you gain is the clean weight you gain.

The internet is full of meal plans. Check them out and start listing the foods that you enjoy most that fit into your diet.

The standard foods like chicken breasts, tuna, rice, vegetables, and good fats like flax seed oil are some of the foundation foods of any good diet.

You are going to have to "do your homework" and figure you your basic meal plan.

From my experience, the very best people in bodybuilding and fitness generally stick to the same effective foods that fit their caloric and macronutrient goals and requirements--and then add extras occasionally from there.

What's most important is you are consistent. However you do it, do it the same every day and for every food source. I would ask the person who did your diet what they had in mind when they created it for you.

I assume the "25" means 25 grams of protein that you can figure out from the food package or a conversion chart on the internet. The person who did your diet for you is estimating that there are 25 grams of protein in that particular food source in every 4 ounces.

I hope that's helpful. You have some work ahead of you as your master your efforts during this journey.

The good thing is that, once you've spent a couple of hours figuring this all out initially, you'll have that knowledge forever. You don't have to do it over and over again every single day of your journey.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Hi Skip, thanks again for great information. I met up with my coach/trainer & she went over a new plan she made out for me. She also had me go back to more carbs in my diet. It's set, she wants me to compete in June, so I'll work hard to make this happen. Again, thank you so much for helping me out & YES, I did my homework on the meal plan .

H0n3y

Originally Posted by H0n3y View Post
    Hi Skip, thanks again for great information. I met up with my coach/trainer & she went over a new plan she made out for me. She also had me go back to more carbs in my diet. It's set, she wants me to compete in June, so I'll work hard to make this happen. Again, thank you so much for helping me out & YES, I did my homework on the meal plan .

H0n3y
    It sounds like you are all set, H0n3y.

Now it time to do the work. Best of luck.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Train Hard. Think Big.

How To Create a Positive Environment of People Who Support Your Efforts

The people who you surround yourself with have a definite effect of how quickly and easily you achieve your bodybuilding and training goals.

By Skip La Cour

You must put yourself in an environment of people who support you if you really want success. You must build relationships with people who share your mindset, desires, and values. Just think if you had the opportunity to spend your time with people just like you. You’ll be even further ahead in the long run if you can find people who are even better than you are. Wouldn’t your journey be a lot more motivating, stimulating, and enjoyable than it is with some people you’re trying to deal with now who don’t share or respect your goals?

You can be certain there will be at least a few people along your journey who will question your dedication and willingness to dream. Some of the people around you will try to discourage you from putting so much of your heart and soul into this one area of your life. Some of these individuals will do so out of what they believe is legitimate concern for you, while others will be trying to meet their own agendas. If you conform to the beliefs and opinions of others, you will only be able to manage the same mediocrity that most people suffer when trying to incorporate health and fitness into their lives.

The people who surround you are affecting your training performance, eating habits expectations, and the level of optimism and enthusiasm you feel toward your fitness efforts. Whether or not you are consciously aware of it, the effect of other people is shaping your destiny. Sometimes, this influence isn’t recognizable until a period of time later. The people in your environment are affecting the quality of other areas of your life as well.

Click Here to read the rest of this article.

Click here to order

I really like that last article, I had read it before but I decided to read it again and really think about it. However, I find it more helpful when I apply it to life in general instead of the gym.

Closed Thread
Page 276 of 364 FirstFirst ... 176 226 266 274 275 276 277 278 286 326 ... LastLast