Closed Thread
Page 326 of 364 FirstFirst ... 226 276 316 324 325 326 327 328 336 ... LastLast
Results 9,751 to 9,780 of 10915
    gymrat992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I really loved the accountability of having to email skip my weekly progress pictures every week. I feel like that really helped to keep me focused and on track each day and week! I also enjoyed skips weekly videos , pod casts and assignments. I liked how each week skip gave us something to think about. The challenge was fun however I'm really disappointed that I DIDN'T stick it out for the entire 6 months. I'm looking forward to redeeming myself this time around!!!

gymrat992
    steve spaz
    Last edited by gymrat992; 12-20-2013 at 03:27 AM.
    I AM A MASS MACHINE!

I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by gymrat992 View Post
    I really loved the accountability of having to email skip my weekly progress pictures every week. I feel like that really helped to keep me focused and on track each day and week! I also enjoyed skips weekly videos , pod casts and assignments. I liked how each week skip gave us something to think about. The challenge was fun however I'm really disappointed that I DIDN'T stick it out for the entire 6 months. I'm looking forward to redeeming myself this time around!!!

gymrat992
    steve spaz
    I was thinking that, if I were to do it again, people could post their pictures, workouts, videos and questions throughout their journey here.

But that's what present the challenge. It will fail if there are only 3 or people doing consistently. And those people have to interesting! They' have to post decent quality photo--or the vast majority of people who visit this thread will be BORED. All of the effort would a negative response in the big picture--instead of a positive on. If we put the journey somewhere else, it will not be seen by very many people.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you want to compete and are reading this post, add your 2 cents and let Skip know.

Yes i Absolutely would compete in this! Just my 2 cents! Which equals 6 cents lol
    Train hard and Think Big

I am a relentless Mass Machine

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.

Eleanor Roosevelt

1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100)
    Hi Skip,

could one compete even if they don't train after Mass Machine Training?

Remember, use your God given gifts!
    -Sefket Ramovic
    Last edited by 1983Warrior; 12-20-2013 at 02:07 PM.

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by 1983Warrior View Post
    Hi Skip,

could one compete even if they don't train after Mass Machine Training?

Remember, use your God given gifts!
    -Sefket Ramovic
    I have no set plans for a challenge or any details.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

Get to the Gym; Work Effectively and Efficiently; and Then Get the Heck Out of There!

Many People’s Workouts Are Way Too Long—and Their Intensity Plummets

By Skip La Cour

Many bodybuilders mistakenly believe that working out longer and doing more exercises and sets makes them better than the average person. They misguidedly see themselves as some type of training warrior who is going above and beyond the call of duty in order to achieve their ambitious goals. They incorrectly see themselves as working much harder than the average person because they are willing to put more time in the gym.

More isn’t better—not when it comes to bodybuilding and training. Don’t fool yourself and confuse time spent in the gym or volume of work with progress. This is one of the toughest things for many people training in the gym to understand.

You’ll move from exercise to exercise smoothly and efficiently when you establish a time frame that you are committed to work within. It will be easier to focus on the matter-at-hand when you only have so much time to do so. Make a game out of meeting the time goal that you’ve established. This is just one more simple way to set the stage for a more productive training session.

Your weight training sessions should last no longer than one hour. And you know what? I’m being extremely liberal with that amount of time. I really believe you can be extremely effective in far less time. But, because I know it’s such a challenge for most of us to shorten our workouts and still feel confident that we are doing enough to meet our bodybuilding goals, I’ll make the cutoff point one hour.

Click Here to read the rest of this article.

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today.

1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100)
    Hi Skip great post!

I read recently that Dorian Yates used to do only 1 set per exercise. Now that's intensity!

Charles956 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    Hi Charles956.

This is reference to the "Hardgainer" article I posted above, correct?

I sure do. In the gym, I'm a Mass Machine as I'm sure you know. I've had that identity for years to be my best with my efforts.

Now, I am aggressively going after a lot more than just that in life. In business I have an identity and even "sub-identities" within business for marketing, communication through different form of media, and the "scientific research" side of supplements.

I also one for how I take care of my family.

"Mass Machine" doesn't work so well in those situations.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    No, actually I wasn't referring to that article but thanks you did answer my question. I had a challenge applying a "one size fits all" identity. Now I know I can use different ones and even "subidentites." Thank you!

Poida1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Poida1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Poida1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Poida1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Poida1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Poida1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Poida1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Poida1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Poida1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Poida1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Poida1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Perhaps Skip's only training failure from 19:40

Originally Posted by Poida1 View Post
    Perhaps Skip's only training failure from 19:40

I have probably had worse. Lol

CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    I have probably had worse. Lol
    I can sympathize, I have had moments like that, you can just work bad habits into your muscles. I still have problems like that, old bad habits. Probably more with music that weightlifting, but I haven't yet videotaped all exercises so I don't know!

What Is The Best Way To Warm Up For A Workout? How Many Sets? How Many Reps? How Much Weight?

Your Coach Skip La Cour explains the most effective and efficient approach to warm up sets. Follow this advice and you'll save the majority of your time and energy for the heavy, progressively overloading, muscle-stimulating working sets. It the heavy, taxing working sets that initiate the muscle building process--not the warm up sets.

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition right here on Bodybuilding.com today.

Registered User OutlawGentleman's Avatar
    OutlawGentleman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Alpha Males

Good evening Skip,
    I've only recently started frequenting this message board after listening you direct me to it countless times through your podcasts. I have apparently developed a voracious appetite for your lessons pertaining to the gym and life as well. So much so I find myself quoting them in conversations with family, friends, co-workers etc. In fact, my fiancée has come to the decision that if we were to have another child I would want to name him Skip Lacour Blaetz. I'm only partially sure she teases.
    My question has been rattling around in my head for a few weeks and it is this? Do you feel like society, generally speaking, has brought about and continues to dismantle the "alpha males" of the world. I ask this for many reasons, primarily though its a result of looking around and seeing how androgenous and homogenized men have become. Like domesticated animals, we have had our claws removed.
    I don't mean this in some kind of sexist, men are superior way. I just feel like if you are a dominate, confident, take charge person its frowned upon, almost demonized.
    Sub question:
    As the students of Mass Machine promote you, your training, and supplements how do.you feel we could help shift that perception ?
    You may have already addressed this in your manformation program, if you have, my apologies. While I would lve to invest in it, its nt financially viable for me at the moment but when it is I will be making that investment in myself
    Thanks for all.you.dol

Originally Posted by OutlawGentleman View Post
    Good evening Skip,
    I've only recently started frequenting this message board after listening you direct me to it countless times through your podcasts. I have apparently developed a voracious appetite for your lessons pertaining to the gym and life as well. So much so I find myself quoting them in conversations with family, friends, co-workers etc. In fact, my fiancée has come to the decision that if we were to have another child I would want to name him Skip Lacour Blaetz. I'm only partially sure she teases.
    Hi OutlawGentleman.

Thanks for getting to this thread and asking your questions. I appreciate that.

Also, thanks for the kind words.

Skip Lacour Blaetz . . . . I like the sound of that! LOL

Podcasts from people you find interesting are awesome. You can climb into a person's minds and learn what it took them a lifetime just by passively listening the candid, transparent conversation. I'm addicted to them.

The topics are grat "party conversation" aren't they. People find you intriguing and they don't have to know your thoughts were stimulated by another person's life experiences that you absorb in a podcast while on the exercise bike in the gym or in your car while commuting.

Feel free to use any of my material you want! LOL

My question has been rattling around in my head for a few weeks and it is this? Do you feel like society, generally speaking, has brought about and continues to dismantle the "alpha males" of the world. I ask this for many reasons, primarily though its a result of looking around and seeing how androgenous and homogenized men have become. Like domesticated animals, we have had our claws removed.
    I don't mean this in some kind of sexist, men are superior way. I just feel like if you are a dominate, confident, take charge person its frowned upon, almost demonized.
    You often hear that society these days is trying to dismantle strong "Alpha Male" leaders--but I have different take on it.

It's CHALLENGING be a true leader. It's challenging to step up and set the tone for the emotions and mood of all the people in a room. It's challenging to control the frame of relationships. It's challenging to stay level-headed when everyone around you is freaking out. It's challenging to be the "go to guy" when times are tough. It's challenging act with courage despite your fears.

Society isn't dictating that men stop being strong leaders. I believe many men are WILLINGLY giving up their manhood and traditional manly roles because it's easier to do so. Many men who are blaming society for what is really their DECISION to take the easier path of least resistance.

Sub question:
    As the students of Mass Machine promote you, your training, and supplements how do.you feel we could help shift that perception ?
    You may have already addressed this in your manformation program, if you have, my apologies. While I would live to invest in it, its not financially viable for me at the moment but when it is I will be making that investment in myself
    Thanks for all.you.dol
    One man at a time, brother. Any lasting change starts with one man at a time.

Train Hard. Think Big.

paulmcgachey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulmcgachey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulmcgachey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulmcgachey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This video will go right in line with the Poida1 post.

Arms are a weakness of mine. The last two years I have only done one arm lift a week. I really need to work on my mind muscle connection and keeping a wide arc. Thank you for any advice.

Originally Posted by paulmcgachey View Post
    This video will go right in line with the Poida1 post.

Arms are a weakness of mine. The last two years I have only done one arm lift a week. I really need to work on my mind muscle connection and keeping a wide arc. Thank you for any advice.

Hi paulmcgachey.

Nice work! You really controlled the weight while executing the exercise for great muscle stimulation.

A couple things I noticed that can make your Barbell Curls even better:

Try using a grip that's more narrow . . . closer to your torso. So much so that your arms are dragging against your torso during the movement.

I also recommend using a powerful 1 -2 count are far as the rep tempo goes. Really explode on the way up in an aggressive 1-count . . . and then control the weight on the down with a deliberate 1 -2 count.

Good strength and execution for EVERY EXERCISE always start with a firm base and solid foundation. Plant your feet firmly into the floor and have your toes pointing forward. In addition, have your knees just slightly bent to serve as "shock absorbers" during the movement.

Let me know that works for you.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Hi Skip,

I am afraid of getting too consumed by my bodybuilding ambitions so that I sacrifice too much. Do you know of some way of avoiding this behavior?

Originally Posted by 1983Warrior View Post
    Hi Skip,

I am afraid of getting too consumed by my bodybuilding ambitions so that I sacrifice too much. Do you know of some way of avoiding this behavior?
    Clearly define what "too much" would be. When you are clear, you'll know when to scale things down.

Mass Machine Mindset

Remember that it's NOT the sets, reps, or exercises that make a training routine effective--it's the PERSON doing that training routine that makes the biggest difference.

Too many people put far too much pressure on themselves to use the "perfect" training routine NOW. Don't get too hung up on this!

You've seen that guy who is brand new to training using the very same training routine and style as you. Just because he's using the same training routine as you certainly doesn't mean he's going to get the same level of PRODUCTIVITY out of it as you will, right?

You've EARNED your current level of expertise through time, experience, and metal toughness--and he hasn't (yet).

Well, just think how much more you will get out of your current training routine THREE YEARS FROM NOW with the amount of focus, drive, attention to detail, never-satisfied mentality, and commitment you are putting into every session now. The number of "next level" mind-muscle distinctions you'll earn will be staggering!

It's not the training routine--it's the PERSON doing the training routine that makes the biggest difference.

You are a MASS MACHINE!

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today.

Merry Christmas!

Wishing you and your family the very best this holiday season.

Take the time to enjoy the next few days with your family, friends, and loved ones. Life is precious--and you'll never have this time to do over again.

If these holidays aren't particularly happy ones for you this year, hang in there. Let's work together to make the days ahead brighter for you.

I'm looking forward to kicking up our productivity and personal satisfaction--both inside and outside of the gym--to an entirely new level in 2014 . . . TOGETHER!

Skip La Cour

Yes. . . . even on Christmas Day!

BRAND NEW PODCAST!

Podcast #76 - December 25, 2013

Putting The "Heat" On Yourself To Get The Very Most Out Of Your Efforts – Weekly Podcast #76

Click Here to listen and/or download this week's podcast.

39 minutes

Send me your FEEDBACK about this episode at skip@massmachinenutrition.com

Catch up on all the Mass Machine Bodybuilding.com Message Board Weekly Podcasts You Missed

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #1
    "What You Can Expect From This Weekly Podcast Created Just For This Bodybuilding.com Message Board"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #2
    "The Mass Machine Nutrition Story (So Far)- Part #1: This Story Is About YOU and Overcoming YOUR Challenges!"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #3
    "The Mass Machine Nutrition Story (So Far)- Part #2: This Story Is About YOU and Overcoming YOUR Challenges!"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #4
    "Mass Machine Bulking and Cutting Program Challenge Winner James "Canz" Canzanella Co-Hosts, Talks About the Challenge, and Shares His Future Plans"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #5
    "Dwite Tucker (aka Lex29us) joins Skip La Cour the Co-Host for This Week Podcast and "Volunteers" for Some Coaching"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #6
    "Don't Blow the Opportunities You've Worked Hard To Create By Only Going 90% of the Way There!"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #7
    "Let's Add Some Entertainment To This Message Board With Some 'Big Brother' Advice About Life"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #8
    "Skip Talks About '49 Days to Confidence', What He Loves About Podcasts, Some of the Stupid Things That Bother Him, and a Lot of Other Ramblings"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #9
    "Two Hidden Downsides of the Structured Bodybuilding and Training Lifestyle"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #10
    "Mass Machine Portia Phelps Wins Bodybuilding.com's Transformation of the Week and Shares Her Story"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #11
    "5 Steps To Take That Will Help You Succeed In Any Area of Your Life"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #12
    "Have People In Your Life Who Make You Feel 'Lazy'"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #13
    "What Our Fellow Mass Machine Dwite Tucker (Lex29us) Would Have Wanted Us To Learn In His Passing"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #14
    "Tony Ruggiero Joins the Podcast and Skip Talks About When He Was 'Devastated' By Coming in Second Place"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #15
    "Skip Talks About What It Takes To Succeed With Your Efforts and the Business of Bodybuilding with Tony Ruggiero"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #16
    "Success Strategies That You May Not Fully Understand Yet (Don't Listen To This Podcast Unless You Want To Be MASSIVELY Successful!)"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #17
    "Skip Talks About Some of the Places He Has Traveled as a Bodybuilder; A Little Business as a Bodybuilder; and A Few On the Road Stories"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #18
    "Follow The Advice of the Coach or Mentor You've Chosen Even If His Advice Doesn't Make Sense To You"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #19
    "The Importance of Taking Inventory of Your Progress and Accomplishments During Every Step of Your Journey"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #20
    "Skip Encourages You To Become 'Relentless" While Pursuing Your Goals and Shares His Thoughts on the Passing of His First Mentor Zig Ziglar"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #21
    "Skip Announces His Plans for the 2013 Mass Machine Nutrition "49 Days To SUPREME Confidence Transformation Challenge"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #22
    "Creating The Change You Need To Make 2013 An Awesome Year"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #23
    "If You THINK It—You Must DO It!"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #24
    "Become Relentless in 2013 By Setting Outrageous Goals and Working Toward Them With A Sense of Urgency!”

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #25
    "The Upcoming Challenge and More”

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #26
    “Take Responsibility for Your Success and Failure”

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #27
    “Take a Leap of Faith and Do What May Not Feel Right When Striving For The Next Level”

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #28
    "Let Me Hear This Excuse!"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #29
    "Introduction to the Mass Machine Nutrition "49 Days To SUPREME Confidence Transformation Challenge”

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #30
    "Who Do You Think You Are?"

Catch up on all the Mass Machine Bodybuilding.com Message Board Weekly Podcasts You Missed (Continued)

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #31
    "How To Effectively Process All of the Bodybuilding and Training Information Available"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #32
    "How To Make the Most of Your Time--No Matter What You Age Is"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #33
    "Fighting Your Way Through the 'Gap Time'"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #34
    "Know What You Want"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #35
    "How To Get The Most Out Of Your Mentor or Coach"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #36
    "Simple Three-Step Process For More Productivity"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #37
    “How Bad Do You Want It? - Create A Sense of Urgency”

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #38
    "Stick and Move!"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #39
    "Just Win, Baby!"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #40
    "If You Are Rather New To Bodybuilding and Training and Determined To SUCCEED, Here's How To Get the VERY MOST Out of This Thread”

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #41
    “Humble Yourself Enough To Go Back to the Basis For A Short Time for Long Term Success”

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #42
    “Internet Drama - Coach on Coach Crime"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #43
    “Welcome Teens; Ramblings About Life's Lessons"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #44
    “Nutrition Podcast I Want You To Hear; Join In On Mass Machine Training On My ******** Page"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #45
    “You Don't Need Anyone Else's Validation To Succeed With Your Bodybuilding and Training Efforts (Even Mine!)"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #46
    “Simple, Easy-To-Implement Four-Step Daily Success System Guaranteed To Produce Awesome RESULTS in Every Area Of Your Life “

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #47
    “Are You Using Your Valuable Time With A Sense Of Urgency?”

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #48
    “Do You Have Enough "Skin In The Game" To Really Learn From The Information You Are Collecting?”

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #49
    “Working Toward Your Goals With A ‘Sense of Urgency’"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #50
    “Special Podcast #50 (and I need your help)"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #51
    “When You Want It Badly Enough You'll Find A Way to Get The Job Done (No Duh, Right?)”

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #52
    “Why You Need Other People to Succeed at the Highest Levels and Why You Must Get Better at the Skills That Make Other People Want to Help You”

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #53
    “FEAR Is What's Stopping You (Even When You Don't Know It)”

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #54
    “Surround Yourself With People Who Are Really Good At What They Do”

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #55
    “What Kind of Person Are You Going To Be?”

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #56
    “You'll Always Need To Re-Invent Yourself From Time To Time Until The Day You Die”

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #57
    “Some Questions You Want To Start Asking Yourself Now To Find Out What You Can Be Truly Outstanding At In Life”

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #58
    “How Becoming a "Mental Stud" Will Make the Strategies You Use Even More Effective”

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #59
    “Your Message Board Questions Answered About Stubborn Fat Loss and Proper Exercise Execution”

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #60
    “Your Message Board Questions Answered - Advice To Get Yourself On Track”

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #61
    “Your Message Board Questions Answered - Why Am I Getting Stronger But Not Building Muscle?”

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #62
    “Your Message Board Questions Answered - Your Approach To Eating”

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #63
    “Your Message Board Questions Answered - Bulking and Cutting (Webbie93's Question Answered in More Detail)”

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #64
    “Your Message Board Questions Answered -Steps Toward Entering a Bodybuilding Contest)”

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #65
    “Your Message Board Questions Answered - More Casual Talk About Different Eating Habits Like Clean Eating and IIFYM)”

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #66
    “Your Message Board Questions Answered - The ‘Right’ Training Routine For You and the Tale of 4 Different Skip La Cours”

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #67
    “Your Message Board Questions Answered - Dare To Better Than Just Very Good”

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #68
    “Your Message Board Questions Answered”

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #69
    “Your Message Board Questions Answered - Failure, Fatigue, and Peak State”

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #70
    “Your Message Board Questions Answered - A Strong Mindset Is Needed To Work Through All Information Available”

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #71
    “Your Message Board Questions Answered - The Challenges I Face Answering Your Questions In A ‘Responsible’ Manner; What YOU Can Learn From What I Would Have Done Differently”

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #72
    “My Plans To Get You To The Next Level In 2014”

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #73
    “You Have To Get Yourself To Believe That Your Failures Will Lead To Eventual Success As If You Had A Crystal Ball”

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #74
    “Keep Your Head Clear of All the B.S. Misleading Drama Out There So You Can Stay Focused and Execute”

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #75
    “The Challenge With Heavy Weight Low Rep Training Styles and More”

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #76
    “Putting The 'Heat' On Yourself To Get The Very Most Out Of Your Efforts”

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

Hi Skip, it was an awesome surprise to find your Christmas podcast ready & waiting for my drive into the gym this morning. Your plans for 2014 sound outstanding & I appreciate the constant source of motivation & energy.

One of my main goals for 2014 is to compete for the first time as an IFBB pro. I will be competing at the Optimum Classic Pro on May 24th followed by the Greater Gulf Pro June 20th with the goal of placing in the top five at both shows and earning enough points to qualify for the Olympia.

I know I have my work cut out for me and will need to take myself to an even higher physical and mental level in order to achieve my goals. As the new year approaches I know I need to get more clear with my goals and how I plan to achieve them.

One thing that comes to mind is that I must confess I am like so many people in that I have invested in your Manformation, Mindset of a Champion, and Thinking Big II and have never really fully worked through the courses as intended but just dabbled in them listening to the podcasts and working through sections of them. I need to set a goal to work through these completely as I believe doing so will help me achieve that higher level mentally & physically.

One of my other goals for 2014 is to be more "fruitful" in life: loving, joyful, peaceful, kind, good, patient, self-control, gentle,faithful in keeping with my spiritual goals and long term life goals. This is a big challenge to accomplish my Physique goals at the level I want to achieve while being the person I want to be in other areas of my life and as a full time Civil Engineer and wife.
    Visit:
    http://www.********.com/PositiveEnergy247Fitness
    http://joyhenderson.blogspot.com/
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/HenderJBvisuallinkcom
    http://www.youtube.com/user/positiveenergy247

Ecc 9:10 “Whatever your hands find to do, do it with all your might..”

paulmcgachey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulmcgachey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulmcgachey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paulmcgachey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hardgainer

Hello Skip,

Thank you for the podcast. I could not be with my family in person this year and was very grateful when I went to your thread and the podcast was already posted on Christmas day. I am very excited for the More Than Muscle podcast and will be listening every week.

In regards to being a “hardgainer”, Napoleon Hill said “one of the main weaknesses of mankind is the average man’s familiarity with the word “impossible.” I would use that word when I talked about bodybuilding. As you know, many people see their bodybuilding dreams as impossible and use the term hardgainer as justification. I have not seen myself as a hardgainer for about 7 years now. Instead, I would use the genetics excuse. I have said things like “If I could be that big, I would be that big.” The truth is I was not ready to put the work in to be that big. I have truly overcome that defeating mindset and know it’s time for me to step up and take what I say I want. You have helped me come to this understanding and not just in the gym.

Thank you and I hope you and your family have a Happy New Year!

Paul

Originally Posted by paulmcgachey View Post
    Hello Skip,

Thank you for the podcast. I could not be with my family in person this year and was very grateful when I went to your thread and the podcast was already posted on Christmas day. I am very excited for the More Than Muscle podcast and will be listening every week.

In regards to being a “hardgainer”, Napoleon Hill said “one of the main weaknesses of mankind is the average man’s familiarity with the word “impossible.” I would use that word when I talked about bodybuilding. As you know, many people see their bodybuilding dreams as impossible and use the term hardgainer as justification. I have not seen myself as a hardgainer for about 7 years now. Instead, I would use the genetics excuse. I have said things like “If I could be that big, I would be that big.” The truth is I was not ready to put the work in to be that big. I have truly overcome that defeating mindset and know it’s time for me to step up and take what I say I want. You have helped me come to this understanding and not just in the gym.

Thank you and I hope you and your family have a Happy New Year!

Paul
    You're welcome, Paul.

New Call-in Talk Show Every Saturday - Starting Soon

Just as the name implies, this call-in live talk show is designed to help you become the very best you can be both inside and outside of the gym.

Workouts, success, challenges, relationships . . . whatever you need help with your "big brother" Skip will do everything I can to help you out.

If you have questions fro me and want to stay anonymous, send an email to questions@morethanjustmuscle.com. Email them to me and they might get answered on the air.

Bookmark the website at http://www.MoreThanJustMuscles.com . . .

and "Like" the More Than Just Muscles ******** page for continual updates at http://www.********.com/MoreThanJustMuscles

Train Hard. Think Big.

Registered User OutlawGentleman's Avatar
    OutlawGentleman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Motivating others

Hey Skip,
    Hope you enjoyed your family time and some of those amazing desserts
    My question is do you have any advice in regards to motivating others?
    I come from a family of obese and unhealthy people, all of whom suffer from some type of weight related illness or another. My mother and father are both 60 and are essentially disabled due to deteriorating health. My younger sisters are both suffering from type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure. They frequently asking me for nutritional advice or how they can lose weight but then they never seem to do anything with it.
    I'm trying to show them through my own efforts that we arenot slaves to genetics or family history but I'm at a loss. I have no intention of giving up, I just don't know how to motivate them
    Thanks for your input.
    Mathias "Outlaw Gentleman" Blaetz
    It ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Sylvester Stallone-Rocky Balboa

Hey Skip,
    Hope you enjoyed your family time and some of those amazing desserts
    My question is do you have any advice in regards to motivating others?
    I come from a family of obese and unhealthy people, all of whom suffer from some type of weight related illness or another. My mother and father are both 60 and are essentially disabled due to deteriorating health. My younger sisters are both suffering from type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure. They frequently asking me for nutritional advice or how they can lose weight but then they never seem to do anything with it.
    I'm trying to show them through my own efforts that we arenot slaves to genetics or family history but I'm at a loss. I have no intention of giving up, I just don't know how to motivate them
    Thanks for your input.
    Mathias "Outlaw Gentleman" Blaetz
    Hi Mathias.

The best way to motivate other people is to figure out what's important to them and life, what their emotional "triggers" are, and "spin a story" to convince them how better health will get them what they really want most. Everyone is different so what works for one person won't necessarily work for another.

Stressing the importance of good health to someone who doesn't care or think much about that won't work. Now, if they really love their children, you may have something to trigger their emotions. You can't motivate them eat well and exercise so they can healthy so their children won't need to worry about them dropping dead at an young age.

If someone is overweight and you stress how much better their appearance would be if they exercised might not work if intimacy/connection is important to them and they are in a long term committed relationship. They may feel that they already look "good enough" for what they actually want (love). If they are trying to get a promotion because their job/money/financial security are important to them, getting them to realize that their appearance is an influential factor and is holding them back from getting what they want might get them to take action.

So, you have to find out what's important to THEM--and then convince them how better health and appearance will help them get some or more of what's important to them.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Closed Thread
Page 326 of 364 FirstFirst ... 226 276 316 324 325 326 327 328 336 ... LastLast