Closed Thread
Page 301 of 364 FirstFirst ... 201 251 291 299 300 301 302 303 311 351 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,030 of 10915
    emanuelahmed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

deadlift vs rack deadlift

I will try that skip!

Another question.

From an overload prospective do you think the rack Deadlift is better then the deadlift?

Deadlift starts with a pusb movement fron the legs and finish with back

Rack Deadlift its all back and you can load alot of weight!

Also from injury prevention, deadlift its much easier to injure vs rack Deadlift.

Whats your opinion?
    MP844895 referal code for www.myprotein.com website

I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by emanuelahmed View Post
    I will try that skip!

Another question.

From an overload prospective do you think the rack Deadlift is better then the deadlift?

Deadlift starts with a pusb movement fron the legs and finish with back

Rack Deadlift its all back and you can load alot of weight!

Also from injury prevention, deadlift its much easier to injure vs rack Deadlift.

Whats your opinion?
    I can see what you are saying on the first point and I disagree with the second point.

I don't do rack deadlifts so that tells you what I think.

But what's most important is what YOU think--especially if you worry about getting injured.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    I can see what you are saying on the first point and I disagree with the second point.

I don't do rack deadlifts so that tells you what I think.

But what's most important is what YOU think--especially if you worry about getting injured.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    do you remember my deadlift video? i was deadlifting 140kg and the form wasn't right.

to get my form right just like in your video response i had to drop the weight to 125kg.

now in the rack i am constantly breaking PR's and we all know how good that feels! i am currently doing 210kg on the rack.

you think its better the lesser weight with the bigger ROM is better then the bigger weight with lesser ROM?

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    do you remember my deadlift video? i was deadlifting 140kg and the form wasn't right.

to get my form right just like in your video response i had to drop the weight to 125kg.

now in the rack i am constantly breaking PR's and we all know how good that feels! i am currently doing 210kg on the rack.

you think its better the lesser weight with the bigger ROM is better then the bigger weight with lesser ROM?
    Good question, emanuelahmed.

Deadlifts are an awesome exercise when done properly--and there's no reason why you can't learn to them properly. Once you get the feel of proper execution, you have that skill for the rest of your life.

Just like anything in life, you don't avoid things that can help you just because you didn't do it exactly right at the start or because you are afraid something bad might happen.

Sometimes in life, you have to go "five steps back in the short run order to go two steps forward in the long run." Yes, you may have to lighten the weight until you can master this skill set.

There's a reason why rack deadlifts are easier for you and you can lift more weight than regular deadlifts . . . because they are easier to do. LOL

Personal records are great--but you will never get good at Deadlifts when you avoid doing them. If you want to avoid them (as many people do), then just make that decision for yourself.

You don't need my blessing or validation--or anyone else's.

And besides, you are never going to get it from me--no matter how many times you rephrase the same question. LOL

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

What Is the Best Length of Time To Rest Between Sets When You Want to Pack On Muscle?

In this video, Skip La Cour tells you how much time you should rest in between your sets to build muscle effectively, efficiently, and in the shortest period of time.

BRAND NEW!

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition MM200 Pre-Workout SUPREME here on Bodybuilding.com.

BRAND NEW PODCAST!

Podcast #51 - July 2, 2013

When You Want It Badly Enough You'll Find A Way to Get The Job Done (No Duh, Right?)

Click Here to listen and/or download this week's podcast.

20 minutes

Send me your FEEDBACK about this episode at skip@massmachinenutrition.com

BRAND NEW!

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition MM200 Pre-Workout SUPREME here on Bodybuilding.com.

Good question, emanuelahmed.

Deadlifts are an awesome exercise when done properly--and there's no reason why you can't learn to them properly. Once you get the feel of proper execution, you have that skill for the rest of your life.

Just like anything in life, you don't avoid things that can help you just because you didn't do it exactly right at the start or because you are afraid something bad might happen.

Sometimes in life, you have to go "five steps back in the short run order to go two steps forward in the long run." Yes, you may have to lighten the weight until you can master this skill set.

There's a reason why rack deadlifts are easier for you and you can lift more weight than regular deadlifts . . . because they are easier to do. LOL

Personal records are great--but you will never get good at Deadlifts when you avoid doing them. If you want to avoid them (as many people do), then just make that decision for yourself.

You don't need my blessing or validation--or anyone else's.

And besides, you are never going to get it from me--no matter how many times you rephrase the same question. LOL

Train Hard. Think Big.
    LOL fair enough! Lighter weight it is! I do respect everything you say Skip!

Is it true that good morning performed for reps can help with endurance on your lower back and help with deadlifts and squats?

SpartanByNature has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpartanByNature has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpartanByNature has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpartanByNature has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpartanByNature has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpartanByNature has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpartanByNature has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpartanByNature has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpartanByNature has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpartanByNature has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpartanByNature has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'm a big believer in full ROM, I have been bodybuilding for eight years now and year ago i started doing full ass to grass squats and my legs grew a lot more in that one year versus those seven years doing those partial squats that you see 90% of population doing. Enough said.

LOL fair enough! Lighter weight it is! I do respect everything you say Skip!

Is it true that good morning performed for reps can help with endurance on your lower back and help with deadlifts and squats?

Well, don't think lighter weight going into it. Maybe that's what it will end up being for awhile but it will just be "light" compared to rack deadlifts because you aren't comfortable with regular deadlifts yet.

Who knows? When you dedicate yourself to them you might be able to train "heavy." We don't know that yet.

I have no idea on the Good Mornings. I have never heard anything like that before.

Is that another theory you've come up with?

Train Hard. Think Big.

mferrandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) mferrandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) mferrandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) mferrandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) mferrandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) mferrandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) mferrandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) mferrandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) mferrandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) mferrandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) mferrandi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SpartanByNature View Post
    I'm a big believer in full ROM, I have been bodybuilding for eight years now and year ago i started doing full ass to grass squats and my legs grew a lot more in that one year versus those seven years doing those partial squats that you see 90% of population doing. Enough said.
    Yes but not everyone has that kind of flexibility, I struggle just to reach parallel

CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mferrandi View Post
    Yes but not everyone has that kind of flexibility, I struggle just to reach parallel
    Me too. I also struggle not to lose my balance if I go below parallel. Maybe I am just too weak.

Originally Posted by CewSaw View Post
    Me too. I also struggle not to lose my balance if I go below parallel. Maybe I am just too weak.
    You should always work toward getting the full range of motion when you squat-- but the exercise doesn't become a "worthless, zero (on a scale from 1 to 10)" if you do not YET or simply aren't physically able to.

This is the reason why I'd prefer to have questions rather than people's beliefs and statements posted in this thread.

If I don't openly state what I oppose and take the chance of offending the original poster, if confuses everyone else reading this thread.

Others will assume I agree with the poster's beliefs or statements when that's not the case.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Well, don't think lighter weight going into it. Maybe that's what it will end up being for awhile but it will just be "light" compared to rack deadlifts because you aren't comfortable with regular deadlifts yet.

Who knows? When you dedicate yourself to them you might be able to train "heavy." We don't know that yet.

I have no idea on the Good Mornings. I have never heard anything like that before.

Is that another theory you've come up with?

Train Hard. Think Big.
    I have seen this in lower back rehab articles, saying something like good mornings work exactly the same back muscles but without the knee flexion which does not put your lower back in a risk of injury position.

I have seen this in lower back rehab articles, saying something like good mornings work exactly the same back muscles but without the knee flexion which does not put your lower back in a risk of injury position.
    So, in a lower rehab back article, it give strategies how to improve your standard deadlift--or did you make that connection?

emanuelahmed . . . if I were you and I had so much concern for injury, I'd choose different exercises to get the job done. There is no single exercise that you absolutely must do to succeed--deadlifts included.

It just takes too much away from what you have to do when the thoughts on injury on on your mind and become too much of a factor.

If I were you, I would revisit doing deadlifts later.

Train Hard. Think Big.

CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000)
    You should always work toward getting the full range of motion when you squat-- but the exercise doesn't become a "worthless, zero (on a scale from 1 to 10)" if you do not YET or simply aren't physically able to.

This is the reason why I'd prefer to have questions rather than people's beliefs and statements posted in this thread.

If I don't openly state what I oppose and take the chance of offending the original poster, if confuses everyone else reading this thread.

Others will assume I agree with the poster's beliefs or statements when that's not the case.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    I'm not offended I probably should have put a question mark after that! I do wonder sometimes if doing things in a limited range of motion is a zero effectiveness. I am not flexible at all and my balance is not good. This is part of why I like machines better, I do feel "worked" though I don't know if it "counts" sometimes, since it doesn't translate to being able to do a good barbell squat. My lbs. with a barbell squat is just basically nothing compared to leg press or leg extensions.

Originally Posted by CewSaw View Post
    I'm not offended I probably should have put a question mark after that! I do wonder sometimes if doing things in a limited range of motion is a zero effectiveness. I am not flexible at all and my balance is not good. This is part of why I like machines better, I do feel "worked" though I don't know if it "counts" sometimes, since it doesn't translate to being able to do a good barbell squat. My lbs. with a barbell squat is just basically nothing compared to leg press or leg extensions.
    You were just responding to the comment, CewSaw

0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 0jay0 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi Skip!
    Did you supplement with extra potassium and Vanadyl sulfate throughout prep or just introduce it during your loading/depletion process? How much of each do you consider an effective dose?
    Thanks,
    Jay

Originally Posted by 0jay0 View Post
    Hi Skip!
    Did you supplement with extra potassium and Vanadyl sulfate throughout prep or just introduce it during your loading/depletion process? How much of each do you consider an effective dose?
    Thanks,
    Jay
    Hi Jay.....

I have used Vanadyl Sulfate during contest prep and I don't feel it was all that effective.

Potassium is just used during the final week.....it's extremely effective....but only in the context of the well-planned eating, water, and sodium strategy that planned and executed weeks in advance...not just randomly.

Train Hard. Think Big.

So, in a lower rehab back article, it give strategies how to improve your standard deadlift--or did you make that connection?

emanuelahmed . . . if I were you and I had so much concern for injury, I'd choose different exercises to get the job done. There is no single exercise that you absolutely must do to succeed--deadlifts included.

It just takes too much away from what you have to do when the thoughts on injury on on your mind and become too much of a factor.

If I were you, I would revisit doing deadlifts later.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Ok I will do that later, you are right I am always afraid of injuring myself again by doing deadlift.

SpartanByNature has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpartanByNature has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpartanByNature has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpartanByNature has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpartanByNature has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpartanByNature has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpartanByNature has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpartanByNature has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpartanByNature has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpartanByNature has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpartanByNature has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey Skip,

Is your whey protein hydrolyzed? I just checked on bodybuilding.com and there is no mention of it being hydrolyzed, but on your skiplacour.com page there is mention that it is hydrolyzed. So which one is it?

Originally Posted by SpartanByNature View Post
    Hey Skip,

Is your whey protein hydrolyzed? I just checked on bodybuilding.com and there is no mention of it being hydrolyzed, but on your skiplacour.com page there is mention that it is hydrolyzed. So which one is it?
    Hi SpartanByNature..

100% Whey Isolate.

Mass Machine Training - Chest and Abs

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition MM1000 Micronized Creatine here on Bodybuilding.com.

When you are ready to learn and WATCH what it's
    going to take to get to the next level, click here

Setting Up A Strong Foundation Before Every Lift

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition MM1000 Micronized Creatine here on Bodybuilding.com.

RW1956 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Contest prep

How do you peak for a second competition that is 1 week away, 2 weeks away or 1 month away? I usually carb deplete/ carb load, cut water Fri afternoon, take 100mg Aldosterone daily the final week and have a steak with red wine Fri evening to fat load and further dehydrate. Thanks.

Originally Posted by RW1956 View Post
    How do you peak for a second competition that is 1 week away, 2 weeks away or 1 month away? I usually carb deplete/ carb load, cut water Fri afternoon, take 100mg Aldosterone daily the final week and have a steak with red wine Fri evening to fat load and further dehydrate. Thanks.
    Hi RW1956....

I wouldn't think the next show a month away would be much of a challenge.

As far as 1 or 2 weeks afterward, I wouldn't know exactly what you should do to peak the same way as you did for the first show.

I've never prepared for a show the way you have. You'll need to find someone who has done it your way or by using good old trial and error.

Good luck with your shows.

Train Hard. Think Big.

RW1956 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Contest prep

If two weeks away would you try to hold your peak condition for the two weeks or would you 'normalize' for one week and then repeat your peaking process, whatever that might be? Thanks.

Originally Posted by RW1956 View Post
    If two weeks away would you try to hold your peak condition for the two weeks or would you 'normalize' for one week and then repeat your peaking process, whatever that might be? Thanks.
    I am not aware of a way for your body to hold its contest condition consistently for an entire week without any rebounding effects.

Have you competing in a show before?

'02 All Star Seminar with Ray, Wheeler, Jackson, Levrone, Priest, James, Cormier, and Matarazo - #6

In Part 6 of this series, Shawn Ray talks about what motivates him and Dexter Jackson shares a funny story explaining why he had a grudge with Shawn Ray.

'02 All Star Seminar with Ray, Wheeler, Jackson, Levrone, Priest, James, Cormier, and Matarazo - #7

In Part 7 of this series, the stars talk about what motivates them.

calorie intake - how low is too low?

hi skip! contest is 5 weeks away and a few days, taking in 2400 calories at the moment, bodyfat keeps dropping, mjuscle definition keeps increasing by the day so everything is going well.

i have been cutting only 100 calories every week, if i keep that going i will be at 1900 the week of the contest.

if i cut 150 instead i will be at 1650 calories

if i cut 200 calories i will be at 1400 calories

i dont count calories from brocollis, so this is all from the olive oil, brown rice, chicken, tuna, white fish, almonds, oats and eggs.

how low can i go?

Closed Thread
Page 301 of 364 FirstFirst ... 201 251 291 299 300 301 302 303 311 351 ... LastLast