Closed Thread
Page 345 of 364 FirstFirst ... 245 295 335 343 344 345 346 347 355 ... LastLast
Results 10,321 to 10,350 of 10915
    I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Get A Free Random Coaching Phone Call from Skip La Cour

Send me private message here or an email at skip@skiplacour.com telling me:

1. Your age

2. Your biggest challenge right now (inside or outside of the gym)

3. Your phone number (Your Skype address if you are outside of the U.S.)

I could be calling you for a FREE coaching call to help you work past your challenges. Even if you don't get a phone call, you could be randomly chosen for a free ebook, audio seminar course, or digital movie download to help you reach your goals.

Go to www.skiplacour.com to see what you could win.

Good luck!

Skip La Cour
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

Charles956 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    Hi Charles956.

So, what are you saying is that . . .

If you are making $25,000 a year and your goal is to make $100,000, you aren't happy when you make $40,000, $60,000 and $80,000 on your way to $100,000? Only when you are at $100,000?

or...

If you are 170 pounds now and your goal is to weigh 200 rock-solid pounds of muscle, you aren't happy when you are at 185 and 195 pounds on your way to 200?

Is that the way things really turn out? Have you actually reached some goals and have REALLY been happy afterward--or do you just THINK you'd be happy?
    There have been some goals I've achieved that brought me great joy and there's been some that did not turn out to be what I thought it would be. In those examples you gave, I would feel good even in the middle of those examples if it was steady progress but in my case I feel like I'm making very slow progress and have even gone backwards at times. I know you are a personal development, motivation expert. What is a more empowering way to mentally approach this issue when I'm feeling frustrated by my lack of progress? Thank you.

Originally Posted by Charles956 View Post
    There have been some goals I've achieved that brought me great joy and there's been some that did not turn out to be what I thought it would be. In those examples you gave, I would feel good even in the middle of those examples if it was steady progress but in my case I feel like I'm making very slow progress and have even gone backwards at times. I know you are a personal development, motivation expert. What is a more empowering way to mentally approach this issue when I'm feeling frustrated by my lack of progress? Thank you.
    Hi Charles956.

Well, everyone is "hardwired" differently. If would be hard for me to know exactly what's taxing your level of motivation without knowing more.

Stress and mental discomfort is caused when you expect a certain result--but only actually achieve or experience so much. The bigger the gap, the more the stress or mental discomfort.

It could be that your expectations are too high for the amount of time and effort you are putting in. You could be doing just fine--but you just need more time. It's hard for me to know that if that's the case with the information you've provided.

If you gave me some specific examples of what you expected (the goal), what you did to make it happen, what kind of results you actually produced, and how that made you feel (or makes you feel), I could probably be more helpful.

Train Hard. Think Big.

mpannu1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpannu1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpannu1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpannu1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpannu1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpannu1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpannu1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpannu1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpannu1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpannu1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpannu1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Skip

what type of program do you recommend for strength gain? I am ready to put on size, but want to get a good strength base first

thank you

Originally Posted by mpannu1 View Post
    Skip

what type of program do you recommend for strength gain? I am ready to put on size, but want to get a good strength base first

thank you
    Hi mpannu1.

I don't believe strength gains and putting on size need to work separately of each other.

If you are progressively overloading the targeted muscle groups and challenging yourself lift more weight with effective execution and form, you will get stronger and build size.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Mass Machine® Training - Chest and Triceps - Week 10 - Day 1

Ronnie's "BIGGER and BOLDER" Journey
    (Ronnie La Cour is Skip La Cour's 20-year old nephew)

Mass Machine® Training Routine #27
    Chest and Triceps - Week 10 - Day 1 (Rep Range 6 to 8)

--Chest--
    Flat Barbell Bench Press - 2 sets
    Incline Barbell Bench Press - 2 sets
    Incline Dumbbell Bench Press - 2 sets

--Triceps--
    Triceps Cable Pressdowns - 3 sets
    Lying Triceps Extensions - 2 sets

Mass Machine Cardio - 20 minutes

For continual updates on Ronnie's "BIGGER and BOLDER" Journey - Click Here

Download a pdf file of this particular Mass Machine® Training Routine - Click Here

Ronnie's weekly one-on-one coaching and goal-setting sessions with Skip La Cour can be listened to and downloaded here

Get INSTANT LIFETIME ACCESS to 13 Different Mass Machine ® Training Routines - Click Here

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today.

mpannu1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpannu1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpannu1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpannu1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpannu1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpannu1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpannu1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpannu1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpannu1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpannu1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpannu1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi mpannu1.

I don't believe strength gains and putting on size need to work separately of each other.

If you are progressively overloading the targeted muscle groups and challenging yourself lift more weight with effective execution and form, you will get stronger and build size.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    And by progressively overloading I am assuming you mean try to lift more weight or do more reps each workout?

Thanks

Originally Posted by mpannu1 View Post
    And by progressively overloading I am assuming you mean try to lift more weight or do more reps each workout?

Thanks
    Stay within the rep range you've chosen but, yes, strive to make incremental improvements in the amount of weight you lift and/or reps--while still using effective form and execution.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Mass Machine® Training - Legs - Week 10 - Day 2

(Ronnie La Cour is Skip La Cour's 20- year old nephew)

Legs - Week 10 - Day 2 (Rep Range 6 to 8)

--Legs--
    Squats - 2 sets
    Leg Press - 2 sets
    Leg Curls - 2 sets
    Stiff Leg Deadlifts - 2 sets

Ronnie's weekly one-on-one coaching and goal-setting sessions with Skip La Cour can be listened to and downloaded here

Download a pdf file of this particular Mass Machine® Training Routine - Click Here

Get INSTANT LIFETIME ACCESS to 13 Different Mass Machine ® Training Routines - Click Here

Click here to order

Kevinppk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Skip,

I was wondering why your BCAA supplement uses a ratio of 3.5:2:1.5

I've seen the ratios vary including 2:1:1, 4:1:1, 8:1:1 and 12:1:1 and there is quite a bit of talk about which is optimal, however, no one seems to have any evidence supporting any ratio being better than the other, other than the fact the Leucine is supposedly the only one that actually activates mTOR. There is endless banter in forums and if there is any specific reason you would use one ratio or the other or any studies you used to gain insight, I would appreciate hearing your thoughts.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Kevinppk View Post
    Hey Skip,

I was wondering why your BCAA supplement uses a ratio of 3.5:2:1.5

I've seen the ratios vary including 2:1:1, 4:1:1, 8:1:1 and 12:1:1 and there is quite a bit of talk about which is optimal, however, no one seems to have any evidence supporting any ratio being better than the other, other than the fact the Leucine is supposedly the only one that actually activates mTOR. There is endless banter in forums and if there is any specific reason you would use one ratio or the other or any studies you used to gain insight, I would appreciate hearing your thoughts.

Thanks
    Hi Kevinppk.

Yes, there is a lot of banter everywhere about BCAAs. The thinking behind our ratios as opposed to the standard 2:1:1 is more leucine by adding the metabolite HICA. You've identified the effectiveness of leucine. Some studies have suggested that leucine metabolite HICA is more potent than the leucine itself. That's the reason for the 3.5. The thinking behind adding more isoleucine to the standard 2:1:1 ratio is because it gets absorbed faster than the leucine and valine does.

Mass Machine® Training - Back and Biceps - Week 10 - Day 3

(Ronnie La Cour is Skip La Cour's 21-year old nephew)

Back and Biceps - Week 10 - Day 3 (Rep Range 6 to 8)

--Back--
    Bent Over Barbell Rows - 2 sets
    Cable Pull Downs (In front) - 2 sets
    Seated Cable Rows (V-Bar) - 1 set
    Deadlifts - 2 sets

--Biceps--
    Alternating Dumbbell Curls - 2 sets
    Straight Barbell Curls - 2 sets
    Curl Bar Curls - 1 set

Download a pdf file of this particular Mass Machine® Training Routine - Click Here.

Ronnie's weekly one-on-one coaching and goal-setting sessions with Skip La Cour can be listened to and downloaded here.

Click here to order

Mass Machine® Training - Shoulders and Traps - Week 10 - Day 4

Mass Machine ® Training Routine #27
    Shoulders and Traps - Week 10 - Day 4 (Rep Range 4 to 6)

--Shoulders--
    Straight Bar Military Press (In front) - 2 sets
    Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press - 2 sets
    Side Lateral Dumbbell Raises - 2 sets
    Seated Bent Over Rear Lateral Dumbbell Raises - 2 sets

--Traps--
    Barbell Shrugs - 2 sets
    Upright Barbell Rows (close grip) - 2 sets

For continual updates on Ronnie's "BIGGER and BOLDER" Journey - Click Here.

Ronnie's weekly one-on-one coaching and goal-setting sessions with Skip La Cour can be listened to and downloaded here.

Download a pdf file of this particular Mass Machine® Training Routine - Click Here.

Get INSTANT LIFETIME ACCESS to 13 Different Mass Machine ® Training Routines - Click Here.

Click Here To Order.

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

Hi Skip,
    I just wanted to pop in & say that I can't thank you enough for all of your great e-books & podcasts.

After just finishing up my first year competing as an IFBB pro, I am finding myself going back through your products including: Thinking Big, Mindset & Actions of a Champion, & Manformation reworking my goals, re-evaluating my life, and working towards creating an even better version of me. I am also enjoying re-listening to your morning connection podcasts & learning valuable information all over again.

There were some podcasts of yours I was searching for that I can't find again. Remember when you counted down the top 10 best things lessons you had learned? It was a wrap up to one of your longtime running podcasts. I can't remember if it was the morning connection podcasts or the Mass Machine weekly podcasts. Can you repost the link to the podcasts again?

Thanks so much for everything, including you larger sizes of Mass Machine products like MM600 BCAA Supreme & the specials you run like one posted above!
    Visit:
    http://www.********.com/PositiveEnergy247Fitness
    http://joyhenderson.blogspot.com/
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/HenderJBvisuallinkcom
    http://www.youtube.com/user/positiveenergy247

Ecc 9:10 “Whatever your hands find to do, do it with all your might..”

Originally Posted by henderjb View Post
    Hi Skip,
    I just wanted to pop in & say that I can't thank you enough for all of your great e-books & podcasts.

After just finishing up my first year competing as an IFBB pro, I am finding myself going back through your products including: Thinking Big, Mindset & Actions of a Champion, & Manformation reworking my goals, re-evaluating my life, and working towards creating an even better version of me. I am also enjoying re-listening to your morning connection podcasts & learning valuable information all over again.

There were some podcasts of yours I was searching for that I can't find again. Remember when you counted down the top 10 best things lessons you had learned? It was a wrap up to one of your longtime running podcasts. I can't remember if it was the morning connection podcasts or the Mass Machine weekly podcasts. Can you repost the link to the podcasts again?

Thanks so much for everything, including you larger sizes of Mass Machine products like MM600 BCAA Supreme & the specials you run like one posted above!
    Thanks for all of the kind words, Joy.

Congratulations on all of your success--and your future plans!

My Top 10 Best Life Lessons Learned (So Far) – Podcasts

#10 – You must get in close proximity to the level of success that you REALLY want. .

#9 – When you REALLY become the great person you say you are you will “magically” start being in the company of great people just like you.

#8 – Take on as much “stress” as humanly possible as often as possible to create the life you REALLY want.

#7 – If people aren’t treating you the way you want them to treat you—take a long hard look at yourself FIRST.

#6 – “Balance” in life can only be determined by YOU–and must be measured in “longer” time periods.

#5 – Reconsider how you evaluate RISKS If you aren’t getting the results in life that you really want.

#4 – Real happiness comes from appreciating the awesome person you become while earning and accomplishing the “things” – not the “things”.

#3 – You don’t always have to make other people “wrong” in order for you to be “right”.

#2 – You NEED the help of other people to succeed at the highest level—and you are strong enough to bounce back from any break in trust.

#1 – It’s NOT your intentions, thoughts, beliefs, potential, or what you say and know that define you—it’s what you actually DO and DON’T DO!

Click here to listen to listen to these podcasts.
    http://skiplacour.com/top-10-best-life-lessons-learned

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks so much for providing the links to the podcasts. I started my Friday morning out driving to the gym listening to #10. After just finishing up my first season competing as an IFBB pro, I could really identify with podcast #10 You must get into close proximity to the level of success you REALLY want. Getting to meet my fellow IFBB Physique Pros including many Olympia competitors was an invaluable experience helping me get closer to my own person Olympia goals.
    Visit:
    http://www.********.com/PositiveEnergy247Fitness
    http://joyhenderson.blogspot.com/
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/HenderJBvisuallinkcom
    http://www.youtube.com/user/positiveenergy247

Ecc 9:10 “Whatever your hands find to do, do it with all your might..”

Click Here To Order

Mass Machine® Training - Calves, Abs, and Forearms - Week 10 - Day 5

Mass Machine ® Training Routine #27
    Calves, Abs, and Forearms - Week 10 - Day 5 (Rep Range 6 to 8; 12 to 15)

--Calves--
    Seated Calf Raises - 2 sets
    Standing Calf Raises - 3 sets

--Abs--
    Weighted Leg Raises - 2 sets
    Weighted Cable Crunches - 2 sets

--Forearms--
    Seated Barbell Wrist Curls - 2 sets
    Seated Reverse Barbell Wrist Curls - 2 sets

Click Here To Order.

Click Here To Order

Ronnie’s “BIGGER and BOLDER” Journey – Review of Week #11 – Goals for Week #12

During this audio recording, Skip La Cour takes his nephew Ronnie through a review of Week #11 of this journey and sets goals for Week #12.

Click Here to listen to this audio recording.

Click here to order

NEW MASS MACHINE TRAINING ROUTINE

Mass Machine® Training - Legs and Calves- Week 1 - Day 1

Mass Machine® Training Routine #28
    Legs and Calves - Week 1 - Day 1 (Rep Range 6 to 8)

--Legs--
    Leg Press - 3 sets
    Squats - 2 sets
    Stiff Leg Deadlifts - 3 sets
    Leg Curls - 2 sets

--Calves--
    Standing Calf Raises - 3 sets
    45º Calf Press (On Leg Press) - 3 sets

Click here to order
    Last edited by skiplacour; 08-05-2014 at 08:50 AM.

NEW MASS MACHINE TRAINING ROUTINE

Mass Machine® Training - Arms (Biceps, Triceps, and Forearms- Week 1 - Day 2

Mass Machine® Training Routine #28
    Arms (Biceps, Triceps, and Forearms- Week 1 - Day 2 (Rep Range 6 to 8)

--Biceps--
    Barbell Curls - 3 sets
    Alternating Dumbbell Curls - 2 sets
    Dumbbell Hammer Curls - 1 set

--Triceps--
    Lying Triceps Extensions - 1 set
    Triceps Cable Pressdowns - 2 sets
    Overhead Dumbbell Triceps Extensions - 2 sets

--Forearms--
    Seated Barbell Wrist Curls - 2 sets
    Dumbbell Wrist Curls - 1 set

Click here to order

Click Here To Order

Closed Thread
Page 345 of 364 FirstFirst ... 245 295 335 343 344 345 346 347 355 ... LastLast