Closed Thread
Page 254 of 364 FirstFirst ... 154 204 244 252 253 254 255 256 264 304 354 ... LastLast
Results 7,591 to 7,620 of 10915
    I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Samuli View Post
    Hi Skip,

I have a question that kept me up last night. Right now I'm eating 11 meals every day and sleeping six hours every night, from a muscle building standpoint do you think it would be better to eat just 10 meals and sleep eight hours every night?

Thank you coach!
    Hi Samuli.....

Am I limited to only those two choices? LOL

Are you only getting six hours sleep because you are eating 11 times a day?

And, what are you doing with those extra two hours?

I don't believe eating 11 meals a day is important to building muscle.

I also would rather only sleep six hours a night and spend the other two hours being productive and/or enjoying life.

But if those are my only two choices, I'd say sleep for eight hours and get you daily total calories in fewer meals.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Click here to vote for Tyler Leenknecht for Ironman Magazine's 2013 BodySpace Spokesmodel Search! Thanks, Mass Machines!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/2013...ch-voting.html

Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

Samuli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Samuli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    Hi Samuli.....

Am I limited to only those two choices? LOL

Are you only getting six hours sleep because you are eating 11 times a day?

And, what are you doing with those extra two hours?

I don't believe eating 11 meals a day is important to building muscle.

I also would rather only sleep six hours a night and spend the other two hours being productive and/or enjoying life.

But if those are my only two choices, I'd say sleep for eight hours and get you daily total calories in fewer meals.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Yes I am sleeping six hours so that I can eat 11 meals every day. My number one priority is to be the best damn drug free bodybuilder possible and I don't care much at anything else. =) So I'm going to try sleeping eight hours and see does that make any positive changes..

tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just finished listening to Skip's podcast and am grateful to have a mentor that holds me accountable. He doesn't sugar coat things and makes sure you know what you need to work on. These are the characteristics of a great mentor. I must get back in the game and not give myself reasons to slack. Wasting time is the least thing I want to do and its exactly what I'm doing. Thanks for the mention in your podcast Skip!
    Follow my 2013 Contest Preparation Journal on Bodybuilding.com: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152959321

Get you questions answered by Skip La Cour in the Mass Machine Bodybuilding Thread on the Bodybuilding.com Forum: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107699061&page=282

http://www.youtube.com/user/tyseagle?feature=mhee

Manslaughter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Hey Skip, you what you should do? You should create a Mass Machine app with all the training routines, tips, workout logging, etc.

I don't know, just thought it'd be cool if you did.

Originally Posted by Manslaughter View Post
    Hey Skip, you what you should do? You should create a Mass Machine app with all the training routines, tips, workout logging, etc.

I don't know, just thought it'd be cool if you did.
    Hi Manslaughter.....

I think that's a great idea.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Keep On Keepin' On!

By Skip La Cour

Are you simply unmotivated at times? Do your body and mind get sluggish every once in a while? Does it feel like your body is stuck to the chair or couch and, no matter how hard you try, you can't move? You can't get yourself going even when you must get up and get things done?

Those can be frustrating times, can't they?

Relax.

Even the most productive people feel stagnant from time to time. Successful people do certain things with their bodies and minds during those challenging times that other people do not. They have a strategy to get themselves “unstuck.”

Successful people have conditioned themselves to take action—any action. They force themselves to keep moving. Even if they don't know exactly what the “right” action to take during those unmotivated times may be, they push themselves to do something. They do anything that will stimulate their mind and body. Successful people understand that moving in any direction is usually better than not moving in any direction at all.

Don't just sit there and think about how you can't get yourself going. Shake things up! What you need during these times is some mental, emotional, and physical stimulation!

Go on a run. Take a hike. Go to the gym. Stand up and do 25 jumping jacks. Go into a private room; turn up some music; and dance like a wild and crazy person would! Read a chapter in an empowering book. Get in your car and drive some place you've never been before. Stop and talk to someone you don't know in a coffee shop. Go look at a new car—even if you don't need one. Make a phone call to someone you haven't talked to in a long time. Do anything out of your normal, everyday pattern.

Stimulate your mind and body by doing something different. Condition your mind and body to take some type of action when you just don't feel like doing anything.

What activity have you found that works best for you? While you are experimenting with different things that shake things up for you, make a list. Refer to that list of mind and body “rattlers” and choose one of your favorites every time you are feeling unmotivated.

Keep on keepin' on!

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition MM1000 Micronized Creatine here on Bodybuilding.com.

BRAND NEW PODCAST!

Podcast #17 - November 7, 2012

Skip Talks About Some of the Places He Has Traveled as a Bodybuilder; A Little Business as a Bodybuilder; and A Few On the Road Stories

Click Here to listen and/or download this week's podcast.

Send me your FEEDBACK about this episode at skip@massmachinenutrition.com

Catch up on all the Mass Machine Bodybuilding.com Message Board Podcasts You Missed

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #1
    "What You Can Expect From This Weekly Podcast Created Just For This Bodybuilding.com Message Board"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #2
    "The Mass Machine Nutrition Story (So Far)- Part #1: This Story Is About YOU and Overcoming YOUR Challenges!"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #3
    "The Mass Machine Nutrition Story (So Far)- Part #2: This Story Is About YOU and Overcoming YOUR Challenges!"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #4
    "Mass Machine Bulking and Cutting Program Challenge Winner James "Canz" Canzanella Co-Hosts, Talks About the Challenge, and Shares His Future Plans"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #5
    "Dwite Tucker (aka Lex29us) joins Skip La Cour the Co-Host for This Week Podcast and "Volunteers" for Some Coaching"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #6
    "Don't Blow the Opportunities You've Worked Hard To Create By Only Going 90% of the Way There!"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #7
    "Let's Add Some Entertainment To This Message Board With Some 'Big Brother' Advice About Life"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #8
    "Skip Talks About '49 Days to Confidence', What He Loves About Podcasts, Some of the Stupid Things That Bother Him, and a Lot of Other Ramblings"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #9
    "Two Hidden Downsides of the Structured Bodybuilding and Training Lifestyle"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #10
    "Mass Machine Portia Phelps Wins Bodybuilding.com's Transformation of the Week and Shares Her Story"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #11
    "5 Steps To Take That Will Help You Succeed In Any Area of Your Life"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #12
    "Have People In Your Life Who Make You Feel 'Lazy'"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #13
    "What Our Fellow Mass Machine Dwite Tucker (Lex29us) Would Have Wanted Us To Learn In His Passing"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #14
    "Tony Ruggiero Joins the Podcast and Skip Talks About When He Was 'Devastated' By Coming in Second Place"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #15
    "Skip Talks About What It Takes To Succeed With Your Efforts and the Business of Bodybuilding with Tony Ruggiero"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #16
    "Success Strategies That You May Not Fully Understand Yet (Don't Listen To This Podcast Unless You Want To Be MASSIVELY Successful!)"

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition right here on Bodybuilding.com today.

BillNYC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I fell off the wagon!!!

I have lost 3 weeks of recording my caloric intake and my workouts. I have been traning in the gym but I lost my direction.
    I listened to podcast 17 and after reading Tyler's post I have decided to get back to my routines.
    Thanks Skip.

ihelpmotivate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ihelpmotivate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ihelpmotivate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ihelpmotivate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ihelpmotivate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ihelpmotivate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ihelpmotivate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ihelpmotivate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Skip I have a questions on muscle mind connection when doing calves. The problem I get is when I am using heavy weight sometimes my knees come into play. I try to keep my knees only slightly bent. I try to go heavy as possible and do the extra push at the end of the rep like on your mass machine dvd. It just seems like when I try to go heavier and increase every workout my knees feel like their doing a lot of work because I loose that feeling of directly hitting the calves.
    Trying to take my training and fitness to a level I have never been at before. I will document my progress and the strategies I used and hopefully it will motivate and inspire others.

SOON I will have the physique to motivate others

Self Development Blog: iHelpMotivate.com

Blog where I post things I find motivating and strategies from books and authors in the self-development field.

Originally Posted by ihelpmotivate View Post
    Skip I have a questions on muscle mind connection when doing calves. The problem I get is when I am using heavy weight sometimes my knees come into play. I try to keep my knees only slightly bent. I try to go heavy as possible and do the extra push at the end of the rep like on your mass machine dvd. It just seems like when I try to go heavier and increase every workout my knees feel like their doing a lot of work because I loose that feeling of directly hitting the calves.
    Hi ihelpmotivate.....

What I understand you telling me is that, up to a certain weight, you do a GREAT job of feeling the calves being stimulated and have GREAT mind muscle connection with your knees slightly bent.

Is that correct?

ihelpmotivate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ihelpmotivate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ihelpmotivate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ihelpmotivate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ihelpmotivate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ihelpmotivate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ihelpmotivate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ihelpmotivate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi ihelpmotivate.....

What I understand you telling me is that, up to a certain weight, you do a GREAT job of feeling the calves being stimulated and have GREAT mind muscle connection with your knees slightly bent.

Is that correct?
    Yes, Lower weight I can extend better and flex my feet totally out. However my reps are higher and I feel like I could also add more weight. I have my knees slight bent honestly because I thought I heard you say that in your dvd.

My main calf exercises are stiff leg leg press machine and seated calf machine. I don't have standing calf machine in my gym. I have tried on smith machine with a block of wood but I seemed to have same muscle stimulation issue as with leg press.

Maybe obvious answer is stay at 10-12 rep range but I didn't know if there was anything I could do keep in the max ot rep range and continue to challenge my self.

Thanks for the help
    Trying to take my training and fitness to a level I have never been at before. I will document my progress and the strategies I used and hopefully it will motivate and inspire others.

Blog where I post things I find motivating and strategies from books and authors in the self-development field.

Originally Posted by ihelpmotivate View Post
    Yes, Lower weight I can extend better and flex my feet totally out. However my reps are higher and I feel like I could also add more weight. I have my knees slight bent honestly because I thought I heard you say that in your dvd.

My main calf exercises are stiff leg leg press machine and seated calf machine. I don't have standing calf machine in my gym. I have tried on smith machine with a block of wood but I seemed to have same muscle stimulation issue as with leg press.

Maybe obvious answer is stay at 10-12 rep range but I didn't know if there was anything I could do keep in the max ot rep range and continue to challenge my self.

Thanks for the help
    Hi ihelpmotivate....

I am unclear as to what your question is or questions are.

If you can feel great stimulation performing any exercise a certain way with a certain amount of weight--but lose that great feeling when you add more weight--you have to either one of two things:

1. Don't add more weight and always get the great feel and stimulation.

2. Sacrifice some of the great feel and stimulation until your body and mind learn how to become just as effective with the added weight. This may take time. Just as with any skill you want to acquire, you will not always be great at it immediately.

There have been many times when I challenged myself to lift heavier weight--and sucked at doing it at first.

During the process, I had some real eye opening experiences. Many times I said to myself afterward......

....."Hey! I may not have done that as effectively as I wanted--but it wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought it would be. I KNOW I'll eventually get it right with this amount of weight with enough time and effort."

On many occasions, I eventually did. Sometimes, I never did and I had to lower the weight back down in order to be effective.

That's just how the process of taking yourself to higher levels works.

If you feel you given it enough time and effort with the heavier weight, then maybe it's just too heavy--for you.

I hope I understood your question to give you the answer you needed.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Last edited by skiplacour; 11-08-2012 at 11:57 AM.

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Skip,

I have been a long time follower and absolutely LOVE what you do, the information you provide, and the manner in how you do it. Just wanted to say, on behave of everyone whom you have helped, thanks!
    advertising not permitted

hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500)
    What would be an easy job for a high school student to get that could support his bodybuilding/athletic lifestyle?
    "ham boy"

Originally Posted by hamworld05 View Post
    What would be an easy job for a high school student to get that could support his bodybuilding/athletic lifestyle?
    Hi hamworld05......

Any job that has a predictable work schedule would be great. You'll have fewer variables to deal with when it comes to following though with your training and eating schedules. That type of job also works best to support anything else you do in life.

A job that you'll use more of your "brain" than your "brawn" would be great too. The fewer calories you are forced to physically burn at your job can save more of that energy for your intense, taxing training sessions.

Regardless of your job, however, there is a way to make any situation work.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition MM1000 Micronized Creatine here on Bodybuilding.com.

Here's a challenge (or a version of this challenge) that I am asked about frequently. Can you relate?

My question relates to a particular challenge that I have been dealing with in my training since I started my work in the gym. For some reason that I cannot explain, as I have continued to add mass to my pectoral muscles, I have noticed that the left one is slightly "disfigured" and the tissues are in fact attached in areas different from and not symmetrical to my right, more traditionally formed and developing pectoral muscle.

I do my absolute best to keep this from becoming a limiting belief in my bodybuilding and training efforts and my strength gains have remained consistent, yet this left side refuses to develop nearly as quickly as the right and is quite noticeable as I get even bigger, even with a shirt on! Also, another incongruence exists between my left and right arm bicep and tricep muscles. My left bicep and tricep (on the side of the "disfigured" pec) are maturing and growing at a much faster rate than those on my right arm. I believe this challenge to be connected directly to the pectoral imbalance and happening as a result of compensation by my left side for the lack of development in that major left chest muscle.

Here's my response;

Keep in mind that, although it may not be noticeable to everyone, I have one pec that's bigger and shaped differently than the other; one tricep that's bigger and shaped differently than the other; and one calf that's bigger and shaped differently than the other.

We all have to make the most with what we have. Unless you are performing an exercise totally improperly, there's not a whole lot you can do but become the best version of you possible.

CaliBakes is a name known to all. (+5000) CaliBakes is a name known to all. (+5000) CaliBakes is a name known to all. (+5000) CaliBakes is a name known to all. (+5000) CaliBakes is a name known to all. (+5000) CaliBakes is a name known to all. (+5000) CaliBakes is a name known to all. (+5000) CaliBakes is a name known to all. (+5000) CaliBakes is a name known to all. (+5000) CaliBakes is a name known to all. (+5000) CaliBakes is a name known to all. (+5000)
    D-Aspartic Acid, Thoughts?

Thanks Skip
    **BS in Kinesiology**

National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM):
    - Certified Personal Trainer
    - Corrective Exercise Specialist
    - Fitness Nutrition Specialist

Confidently Execute the Strategy You Have Chosen Because You WILL Benefit From It!

It can be really frustrating when you are getting results--but you are constantly told you are "doing it wrong." You should always be looking for more effective and efficient strategies--as long as you don't get so distracted that you don't commit to and follow through with any single plan.

No one who has mastered their bodybuilding and training efforts started out only using the "best" strategies. Everyone who has gone before you has had to go through some experimentation. One of the keys to their success is they persevered and eventually found the ones that work best for them. Your journey will be no different.

Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Talk Radio Show and Podcast

11-11-12

Andrew Calls In For Some Coaching

Andrew has been training off and on for five years--but has been really focused for the last five months. When he sees what other people have done with their bodies, he doesn't feel his progress is good enough.

Click Here to Listen to Podcast

Skip La Cour's
    Bodybuilding and Training MASTERY
    Step-By-Step
    13-Hour Audio Seminar Course
    (with 3 Bonus eBooks)

Everyone wants a ripped six pack set of abs--but many people are confused just how to get them......

What Exercises Should A Person Do To Get A Ripped Set of Six-Pack Abs?

Samuli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Samuli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hi Skip,

My wrist has started to hurt when I do straight bar curls in the 4-6 rep range. I remember Tyrus Reed and Tyler Lee"WhatWasIt"Neck had the same problem, was there a solution for it? I can handle the pain but my wrist just goes numb and won't work.. I don't get any pain from dumbbell curls or curl bar curls.

Originally Posted by Samuli View Post
    Hi Skip,

My wrist has started to hurt when I do straight bar curls in the 4-6 rep range. I remember Tyrus Reed and Tyler Lee"WhatWasIt"Neck had the same problem, was there a solution for it? I can handle the pain but my wrist just goes numb and won't work.. I don't get any pain from dumbbell curls or curl bar curls.
    Hi Samuli......

The one suggestion that Tyrus got over and over again was to use wrist straps. I'm not sure if that did much good--but it might be worth you giving a try.

Working through it with the hopes that it doesn't exasperate in problem, giving your wrists a break with the hopes that it heals, or avoiding that exercise altogether are a few of your options.

Good luck and let me know how it works out for you.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Strategies Without The Effort Will Not Help You Lose Your Body Fat

When it comes to dieting to lose body fat, there's no substitute for hard work

Believe me, I really wish this were not the case. Unfortunately, however, you must burn more calories than you ingest every day to lose that stubborn body fat.

Low-fat diets, high-fat, carefully watching your fat intake, hitting you macros, intermittent strategies, or paying close attention to the glycemic index in your foods—it doesn't matter. When the day is done, you must burn more calories than you eat. It doesn't even matter if all the food you eat is healthy, non-junk food, or “clean,” it's total must be lower than your maintenance level.

As I always say, “There's a price-tag on everything.” If you've accumulated some body fat and desperately want to get rid of it, you are going to have to pay the price. The price may be spending more time sweating on a treadmill, feeling hungry on occasion, or both. Whatever method you choose, there will be some pain involved. I would be lying to you if I told you any differently.

Anyone who tells you differently is just flat-out misleading you! I firmly believe it is our desire to discover some painless alternative that we mistakenly believe is “somewhere out there” which prevents us from dieting the way we must in order to accomplish our goal of losing body fat.

There are several ways to burn more calories than you eat. You can add more cardiovascular work to your training regimen, simply eat less food throughout the day, or even do a combination of more cardiovascular training and eating less food.

So, let's quit looking for a magic solution when comes to losing body fat and get to work!

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today.

atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Getting "Ripped" atw1552

Hey Skip, It's Adam again (atw1552). I have been consuming 2600-2700 calories a day, doing the 30%/ 40% /30% for 10 days now. It was really only a minor adjustment (i.e. healthy fat increase, carb increase, protein decrease from my previous ratios). Now I know it has not been 1 month but I really am itching to know, how do I keep my ratios (if i have to), cut calories, and get "cut, shredded, ripped". Do I keep the same ratio 30/40/30 and just cut 250 calories to go to 2450 calories, 2350 calories? Is this a progressive cut, like cutting 300 calories the next week (from 2700)? Thanks ahead of time Skip.
    "If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader"
    John Quincy Adams

Originally Posted by atw1552 View Post
    Hey Skip, It's Adam again (atw1552). I have been consuming 2600-2700 calories a day, doing the 30%/ 40% /30% for 10 days now. It was really only a minor adjustment (i.e. healthy fat increase, carb increase, protein decrease from my previous ratios). Now I know it has not been 1 month but I really am itching to know, how do I keep my ratios (if i have to), cut calories, and get "cut, shredded, ripped". Do I keep the same ratio 30/40/30 and just cut 250 calories to go to 2450 calories, 2350 calories? Is this a progressive cut, like cutting 300 calories the next week (from 2700)? Thanks ahead of time Skip.
    Hi Adam.....

Great job being consistent for the last 10 days. You should be getting a better understanding of how all this works. You can ONLY get this level of understanding from executing your plan on a consistent basis.

Don't be too eager reduce your calories. You shouldn't do that yet. The trick is it to "eat as many calories as possible" while still getting lean. Anyone can just drastically reduce their calories and get some short term benefits--but they will eventually back themselves up in a corner with nowhere to go. If you can get lean eating 2,700 calories a day (just an example), it's better to do it that way than just go straight to 1,700 calories.

Are you seeing your body change with the higher priority you are putting on your eating habits--even though you are eating 2,600 to 2,700 calories a day? If you are, there's no reason to make any changes.

The same macronutrient breakdown that keeps you healthy, promotes muscle growth, and reduces body fat will be the same macronutrient breakdown that you'll use to get to the next level. So, yes, you'll keep the same ratios.

Yes. When you start reducing your calories, they will be reduced gradually. I would suggest a reduction of only 150 to 250 calories a day. Whether you do this every week, every two weeks, or every three weeks will depend on your goals and progress.

Remember, the EASIEST thing to do to get SHORT TERM results would be to drastically reduce your calories. That, however, will more than likely compromise your long term progress.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Last edited by skiplacour; 11-13-2012 at 10:41 AM.

atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Adam.....

Great job being consistent for the last 10 days. You should be getting a better understanding of how all this works. You can ONLY get this level of understanding from executing your plan on a consistent basis.

Don't be too eager reduce your calories. You shouldn't do that yet. The trick is it to "eat as many calories as possible" while still getting lean. Anyone can just drastically reduce their calories and get some short term benefits--but they will eventually back themselves up in a corner with nowhere to go. If you can get lean eating 2,700 calories a day (just an example), it's better to do it that way than just go straight to 1,700 calories.

Are you seeing your body change with the higher priority you are putting on your eating habits--even though you are eating 2,600 to 2,700 calories a day? If you are, there's no reason to make any changes.

The same macronutrient breakdown that keeps you healthy, promotes muscle growth, and reduces body fat will be the same macronutrient breakdown that you'll use to get to the next level. So, yes, you'll keep the same ratios.

Yes. When you start reducing your calories, they will be reduced gradually. I would suggest a reduction of only 150 to 250 calories a day. Whether you do this every week, every two weeks, or every three weeks will depend on your goals and progress.

Remember, the EASIEST thing to do to get SHORT TERM results would be to drastically reduce your calories. That, however, will more than likely compromise your long term progress.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    That makes all the sense in the world. Thanks Skip
    "If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader"
    John Quincy Adams

Lurking in the Shadows... rdcopps's Avatar
    rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdcopps is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Skip,
    If it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you walk me through the steps on performing a proper dead lift? I want to make sure that at the various points in the lift I am using/stressing the correct muscles. I am enjoying adding this to my routine and am looking to avoid injury. Any info or tips would be appreciated.

Hey Skip this is the caller from your show again. You said something right before the show ended that I am a little confused about. When I told you I was getting about 2500 calories a day. You said to keep going for 3 months and then adjust from there. However, you said that it could possibly be that it might be better for calories to be at 2800. I will do what you said and keep doing what I'm doing for 3 months. I just don't understand how that works to add calories and possibly loose more weight or get more cut. Could explain or give an example of this. Also, maybe touch on it in a future podcast if you haven't already.

Thank you.

Originally Posted by rdcopps View Post
    Skip,
    If it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you walk me through the steps on performing a proper dead lift? I want to make sure that at the various points in the lift I am using/stressing the correct muscles. I am enjoying adding this to my routine and am looking to avoid injury. Any info or tips would be appreciated.
    Hi rdcopps......

Here are some things to keep in mind when you perform Deadlifts:

* Your feet should be a little wider than shoulder width apart.

* Your hands on the bar should be a little wider than shoulder width apart.

* I prefer a standard overhand grip if you are a bodybuilder striving to build muscle mass (as opposed to a mixed grip). You certainly can get great results whichever you use. I have done Deadlifts both ways throughout the years.

* As a bodybuilder, I prefer using wrist straps. I can lift more weight to stimulate and overload my back muscles for growth because I able to lift more weight before my grip gives out.

* I personally don't use chalk but, if that gives you a better grip, go for it.

* Always start with a firm base in mind. Make sure you feet are firmly placed on the ground. Make sure your weight is distributed evenly through your feet. Visualize them "cemented" to the floor.

* Affix your eyes to a spot UPWARD. Make sure you keep your shoulders back and your chest up throughout the entire movement. Keep you lower back tight, arched, and locked throughout the entire movement. Never let your lower back "roll over."

* As your bring the weight up, keep the bar as close to your shins and thighs on the way up as possible--and as close to your thighs and shins on the way down as possible.

* Explode in a "1 count" on the way up.

* Avoid doing an exaggerated "lock out" at the top of the movement. That's not necessary for a bodybuilder striving to stimulate muscle growth. Just bring up to the top position and pause momentarily.

* On the way down, control the weight. Don't just let the weight dictate what speed it will go down at. You want to use a "1-2 count" and let the muscles do the work.

* Again, on the way down, keep your eyes up, your shoulders back, your chest up, and your lower back tight, arched, and locked.

* Again, keep the bar as close to you thighs and shins on the way down as possible.

* Pause momentarily at the bottom of the movement. Don't let the weight bounce and create momentum into the next repetition. Think of every rep as an individual movement--as opposed to fluent series of movements.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Power your Deadlifts with. . .

Closed Thread
Page 254 of 364 FirstFirst ... 154 204 244 252 253 254 255 256 264 304 354 ... LastLast