Closed Thread
Page 273 of 364 FirstFirst ... 173 223 263 271 272 273 274 275 283 323 ... LastLast
Results 8,161 to 8,190 of 10915
    mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ^ok, and what about the bench press? I would love to do 4-6 rep routine, max ot style, in the gym but I hate to annoy others for a spot and they say ''I can't help you that's too heavy'' that's why I do high reps now (20 reps)

I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mind4muscle7 View Post
    ^ok, and what about the bench press? I would love to do 4-6 rep routine, max ot style, in the gym but I hate to annoy others for a spot and they say ''I can't help you that's too heavy'' that's why I do high reps now (20 reps)
    I understand that challenge, mind4muscle7.

I don't use a training partner myself these days. I strive to lift heavy enough weight that keeps me within the 4 to 6 rep range--but I have to make sure still I can lift it off the rack and safely put it back.

It's not going to be as heavy as if I had a dependable, consistent training partner (like I had when I was competing) but it will certainly be heavier than a weight that can can lift 20 times.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mind4muscle7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    If you are new to this thread, read this article and check out just a few of the important lessons that have been posted here:

Click Here

Train Hard. Think Big.
    I just read this article and it was amazing! I rated it a 10. (I agree with the entire article)

I understand that challenge, mind4muscle7.

I don't use a training partner myself these days. I strive to lift heavy enough weight that keeps me within the 4 to 6 rep range--but I have to make sure still I can lift it off the rack and safely put it back.

It's not going to be as heavy as if I had a dependable, consistent training partner (like I had when I was competing) but it will certainly be heavier than a weight that can can lift 20 times.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    maybe I should give that a try? would that be better than going all out with a high rep routine (10-20 reps) WITH a spotter watching me, and helping me rack the weight, giving me the satisfaction of knowing I'm safe? Honestly, what I'm doing right now works for me, but I bet max ot would deliver results FASTER, I just respond better with heavier weights, lower reps, and my joints tendons can handle it, I'm not like many who can't handle heavy weights etc, I never have joint pains, probably genetics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ9JGgwLE-0
    check out that video (sorry, I don't know how to embed youtube videos yet) Skip Lacour is awesome, that's why I listen to him.

tsingleton19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just some quick questions Skip.

I am getting ready for my second competition here in April and every time I shred up i lose a lot of mass in my chest but nowhere else. Is there a way to battle that so I don't have big upper body except for my chest?

Second question is the last weeks diet. Last time I don't think i did the right carb to protein ratio and felt rather flat. Extremely frustrating when your competition hit their peak and you don't. What do you do for your peak week diet?

ChrisSierra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisSierra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisSierra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisSierra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisSierra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisSierra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisSierra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisSierra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisSierra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisSierra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisSierra is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Where & when is podcast Skip?

thanks!
    Follow my workout log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136341331&page=5

There is no 'off-season'...Stay shredded.Want to be a bodybuilder? Then you have to look like one.

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by tsingleton19 View Post
    Just some quick questions Skip.

I am getting ready for my second competition here in April and every time I shred up i lose a lot of mass in my chest but nowhere else. Is there a way to battle that so I don't have big upper body except for my chest?
    Hi tsingleton19.....

I don't your particular situation but, from my experience helping out hundreds of people over the years, they never really had the muscle they thought they had before they stripped the fat away. It's just that this weakness only reveals itself fully then. Unless your training intensity and effectiveness greatly diminished the last time you dieted, I don't think you'd lose a disproportional amount of muscle only in your chest.

But, again, I wouldn't know if that's the case in your situation for certain without even seeing you.

Originally Posted by tsingleton19 View Post
    Second question is the last weeks diet. Last time I don't think i did the right carb to protein ratio and felt rather flat. Extremely frustrating when your competition hit their peak and you don't. What do you do for your peak week diet?
    It's very important understand that your last week's (peak week) contest preparation strategies are SET UP by everything you do up until that point in time.

So, whatever I do wouldn't work for you unless you followed my methods for at least the last six weeks (if not longer).

I have a contest preparation BLOG HERE with dozens on free tips and other useful information.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

Originally Posted by ChrisSierra View Post
    Where & when is podcast Skip?

thanks!
    Here's the information for the next one, ChrisSierra.

=====================================

Who Will Be Joining the Podcast LIVE Tomorrow Night
    and Contributing to the Discussion?

"How To Effectively Process All of the Bodybuilding and Training Information"

LIVE Call-In Podcast (Only 25 People Will Be Able To Join the Conversation)

Wednesday, February 13th - 9 pm (Eastern) 6 pm (Pacific)
    (347) 326-9145

Send me an email at skip@massmachinenutrition.com if you plan to join the podcast.

Right Here is where you'll go when the podcast is LIVE.

(Podcast will be made available afterward)

Train Hard. Think Big.

outkast79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mind4muscle7 View Post
    Brand new to this thread and saw your comment. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't training with dumbbells in those situations be more beneficial? I know I've trained this way for years as I usually train alone and I, too, hate bothering others for a spot. Plus, by using dumbbells, you'll alleviate any strong-side compensation and improve proprioception at the same time. Just a thought...

Originally Posted by outkast79 View Post
    Brand new to this thread and saw your comment. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't training with dumbbells in those situations be more beneficial? I know I've trained this way for years as I usually train alone and I, too, hate bothering others for a spot. Plus, by using dumbbells, you'll alleviate any strong-side compensation and improve proprioception at the same time. Just a thought...
    Hi outkast79.

Welcome to this thread!

Whether you are using barbells or dumbbells, there will be more of a challenge lifting an amount of weight that really challenges you. I am sure there will always be some people who can handle dumbbells easier than barbells, but I wouldn't say that's universally true.

Dumbbells can indeed alleviate any strong-side compensation. I recommend a combination of barbell and dumbbell exercises in my Mass Machine Training routines.

Lifting weight in general is a skill that needs to be developed and work on. This is especially true pushing the weight evenly throughout the movement during every barbell exercise. If someone isn't very good at doing so, I suggest they work on it--and "hedge their bet" by adding the dumbbell exercises to the training routine.

Train Hard. Think Big.

CLICK HERE to get these two FREE Skip La Cour eBooks and my weekly bodybuilding tips and website updates.

CLICK HERE to "like" my ******** page for a steady stream of helpful bodybuilding and training tip, videos, and podcasts.

I realize that there are a lot of new people visiting this thread.

Here are a few videos that will help introduce myself to you.

Thanks for taking the time visit. Make sure you subscribe--and come back often!

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition right here on Bodybuilding.com today.

ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hi there

Hi ther Skip,

New to the threat, so haven't realy searched yet.

But i'm a guy with overweight(130kg), and doing cardio training with mass building training.

I do 30 min cardio on crosstrainer or hometriner an around 150hr. After that i do my sets 3 days a week. The sets per muscle group i orgenaise over these 3 days. Next to this i play baseball and volleybal. so about 6 times a week i sports.

Last year i weight 120(kg) but whateffer i did it wouldn't go under that, and did not see changes in the mirror. This lasten about 1 year, so i gave up a but and gained the 10 kg.

Now im starting up again, as my pants get smaller
    What is your advise to stop going to the same plateau?

During my day to day live i eat verly responcible. meals are ballanced and eat mostly wholewheat products. Don't drink much alcahol ect.

Sorry for my english, am dutch.

the3bosses has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Skip,

I am a diabetic I take meds and shoot lantus slow release insulin at night. I started gym in October 2012 and have been working hard. Doing Kris Gethin's 12 week trainer. I weigh 120 kg (264lbs) and seem to be stuck on this number and my body is not moving on? Can I can some nutrition tips from you if that is possible? Although I can see some physical changes to my body mostly in my legs and upper back. I am really demotivated as it feels like I am going to stay fat for the rest of my life?

Originally Posted by ProjectNL View Post
    Hi ther Skip,

New to the threat, so haven't realy searched yet.

But i'm a guy with overweight(130kg), and doing cardio training with mass building training.

I do 30 min cardio on crosstrainer or hometriner an around 150hr. After that i do my sets 3 days a week. The sets per muscle group i orgenaise over these 3 days. Next to this i play baseball and volleybal. so about 6 times a week i sports.

Last year i weight 120(kg) but whateffer i did it wouldn't go under that, and did not see changes in the mirror. This lasten about 1 year, so i gave up a but and gained the 10 kg.

Now im starting up again, as my pants get smaller
    What is your advise to stop going to the same plateau?

During my day to day live i eat verly responcible. meals are ballanced and eat mostly wholewheat products. Don't drink much alcahol ect.

Sorry for my english, am dutch.
    Hi ProjectNL.

From my experience helping people just like you, my guess is that you need to pay more attention to your eating habits.

Although you standards for eating may be pretty good compared to the way you used to eat or even better than most people you know, your current standards probably still aren't high enough to see the results you really want.

Keep that in mind. The only way I would know that for sure is for you list all of the meals that you currently believe are "responsible and balanced."

I'd be happy to review the foods you list and give you my thoughts.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Here's a video that you might find helpful.

To Effectively Build Muscle and Lose Body Fat, You'll Have To Know The Answer To These Questions

In this video, Skip La Cour discusses the importance of eating properly if you want to build muscle and lose body fat.

If You Want To Build Muscle and Lose Body Fat, You'll Have To Know The Answer To These Questions About Your Eating Habits.

1. How many total calories do you eat over the course of the day?

2. How much protein is in your daily diet (grams and percentage)?

3. How many carbohydrates are in your daily diet (grams and percentage)?

4. What types of carbohydrates do you each each day (starchy, sugars, fruits, and fibrous) and when do you eat them?

5. How much fat is in your daily diet (grams and percentage)?

6. How many meals do you divide your daily caloric total into?

7. Do those meals have structured and planned times every day? If so, what are those times?

8. On a scale from 1 to 10 (10 being outstanding; 1 being terrible; 5 being average), just how CONSISTENT are you at following through with this structured eating plan? How long have you been executing your plan at that level (and, do you really think that's long enough to have reached your goals? Be honest.)

9. Are your "cheat days" and/or "cheat meals" (those days and meals that you eat not-so-healthy, "junk" food structured into your nutritional program) planned in advance? How many of those days and meals are planned? When are those days and meals planned?

10. Do you have this eating program outlined and documented in a computer spreadsheet (or at least have it written down on paper)?

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition MM1000 Micronized Creatine here on Bodybuilding.com.

Originally Posted by the3bosses View Post
    Hi Skip,

I am a diabetic I take meds and shoot lantus slow release insulin at night. I started gym in October 2012 and have been working hard. Doing Kris Gethin's 12 week trainer. I weigh 120 kg (264lbs) and seem to be stuck on this number and my body is not moving on? Can I can some nutrition tips from you if that is possible? Although I can see some physical changes to my body mostly in my legs and upper back. I am really demotivated as it feels like I am going to stay fat for the rest of my life?
    Hi the3bosses.

Instead me just giving you general nutrition tips, why don't you write out what you typical day of eating currently is and I'll evaluate it for you.

That might be most helpful to YOU.

You can also CLICK HERE to go to my YouTube video site and watch a collection of videos that discuss good eating habits.

Train Hard. Think Big.

ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ProjectNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Daily food intake

Mornings
    1,00 wholewheat slice of bread butter peanetbutter
    1,00 glas milk

10:00 2,00 bisquit Liga milkbreak

lunch
    2,00 wholewheat slice of bread butter file chicken

15:00 1,00 apple

Diner 150gr potato
    150gr meat
    150gr vegies
    1serv ketchup

22:00 50gr nuts

during day 5,00 coffee sweatner
    1,00 hot choclet milk
    1,00 thee
    2,00 soda light(coke zero)
    1/2ltr water(during training)

About 1 cheat day a week. Pizza or fastfood.

atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wednesday, February 13th - 9 pm (Eastern) 6 pm (Pacific)
    (347) 326-9145

"Send me an email at skip@massmachinenutrition.com if you plan to join the podcast.

(Podcast will be made available afterward)"

I sent you an e-mail Skip, I will be calling in. Also, I had proposed a question to you about your business in my latest e-mail. If you get a chance, could you please respond to it? Thanks again.
    "If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader"
    John Quincy Adams

Originally Posted by ProjectNL View Post
    Daily food intake

Mornings
    1,00 glas milk

10:00 2,00 bisquit Liga milkbreak

lunch
    2,00 wholewheat slice of bread butter file chicken

15:00 1,00 apple

Diner 150gr potato
    150gr meat
    150gr vegies
    1serv ketchup

22:00 50gr nuts

during day 5,00 coffee sweatner
    1,00 hot choclet milk
    1,00 thee
    2,00 soda light(coke zero)
    1/2ltr water(during training)

About 1 cheat day a week. Pizza or fastfood.
    Great work, ProjectNL.

Did writing it down give you new insight and perspective?

Now, I want you to go to a calorie counting website and figure how many calories you are eating for the day and the protein/carbohydrate/fats (macronutrient) breakdown.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Who Will Be Joining the Podcast LIVE TONIGHT and Contributing to the Discussion?

"How To Effectively Process All of the Bodybuilding and Training Information"

LIVE Call-In Podcast (Only 25 People Will Be Able To Join the Conversation)

Tonight, Wednesday, February 13th - 9 pm (Eastern) 6 pm (Pacific)
    (347) 326-9145

Send me an email at skip@massmachinenutrition.com if you plan to join the podcast.

(Podcast will be made available afterward)

Train Hard. Think Big.

Mitch1093 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Workout tips

Skip, I work full time and I goto school full time as well. I went from going 6 days a week at the gym to now only being able to go friday, saturday, and sunday until my semester ends. Until I can can back on a routine when school is done, do you have any suggestions to workouts and what I should do in regards to sets and reps to maintain size or if possible to even grow during the three days I can go to the gym?

Originally Posted by Mitch1093 View Post
    Skip, I work full time and I goto school full time as well. I went from going 6 days a week at the gym to now only being able to go friday, saturday, and sunday until my semester ends. Until I can can back on a routine when school is done, do you have any suggestions to workouts and what I should do in regards to sets and reps to maintain size or if possible to even grow during the three days I can go to the gym?
    Hi Mitch1093.

You can surely maintain your size--if not build more--training three days a week. It can be done.

There are plenty of three day a week training routines available on the internet that can get the job done. Find one you or create one on your own. You can show me what you come up with here, if you'd like.

Is not the training routine that going to make the difference. Neither do the amount of exercises, the choice of exercises, sets, and rep you schedule matters most. Your productivity is going to be determined by how well you attack and execute the exercises, sets, and reps. I could give one person a routine and he could get great results--and another person can get poor results from the very same routine. The person doing the routine is what's most important.

Remember that. You can indeed get the job in three training days.

Also, how you eat all seven days of the week will play a huge factor in your ability to maintain or build muscle with those three days of training each week.

Train Hard. Think Big.

The podcast will start at 9:30 pm Eastern and 6:30 pm Pacific tonight.

30 minutes later than originally scheduled.

BRAND NEW PODCAST!

Podcast #31 - February 13, 2013

Lesson #2 of the Mass Machine Nutrition "49 Days To SUPREME Confidence" Ultimate Transformation Challenge

"How To Effectively Process All of the Bodybuilding and Training Information Available"

Click Here to listen and/or download this week's podcast.

Send your completed assignment to me at skip@massmachinenutrition.com by Monday morning at 8 am Pacific time to be eligible for prizes.[/size]

PAST LESSONS/PODCASTS

Lesson #1 - "Who Do You Think You Are?" - Click Here to listen and/or download this week's podcast.

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition right here on Bodybuilding.com today.

Great work, ProjectNL.

Did writing it down give you new insight and perspective?

Now, I want you to go to a calorie counting website and figure how many calories you are eating for the day and the protein/carbohydrate/fats (macronutrient) breakdown.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Thank you.

Here are the stats of my diet, this is a astemed, because i do not eat the same meal every night, but it's the same quanteties:

Energie 1596 kcal
    Vet 92,5 g
    Verzadigd Vet 22,9 g (saturated fat)
    Koolhydraten 112,9 g (carbs)
    Eiwit 70 g (eggwhites)
    Vezels 16,5 g (fibers)

Your 10 questions:
    1. Between 1600 and 1800
    2. Av 70 gr 70%
    3. Av 113 gr 28%
    4. Fibers brakf. lunch diner, sugars fruits 15:00
    5. Av. 93 gr 52%
    6. 6
    7. Yes, about 2 hours appart
    8. 8/ 1,5 to 2 years
    9. Not on the day, but 1’s a week
    10. Yes
    Last edited by ProjectNL; 02-14-2013 at 01:57 AM.

loucurley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loucurley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loucurley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loucurley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loucurley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loucurley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loucurley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loucurley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loucurley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loucurley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loucurley is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Question

Did I hear you right, I thought you said last night that this program would last 49 weeks instead of 49 days (7 weeks)?
    Blood and Guts

atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by loucurley View Post
    Did I hear you right, I thought you said last night that this program would last 49 weeks instead of 49 days (7 weeks)?
    Yeah I was a little confused too. But, if there is only one podcast a week (on Wednesdays) that discuss the challenge, then logically there has to be 49 weeks. But the 49 wednedays are the essential totals.
    "If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader"
    John Quincy Adams

Originally Posted by loucurley View Post
    Originally Posted by atw1552 View Post
    Yeah I was a little confused too. But, if there is only one podcast a week (on Wednesdays) that discuss the challenge, then logically there has to be 49 weeks. But the 49 wednedays are the essential totals.
    Hi loucurley and atw1552.

I will present 49 of the very best lessons that I learned and have been the most helpful to men just like you.

I will present at least on of those lesson a week.

As you can see, this is a transformation that challenge that's designed you to make improvements in all areas of your life--for the rest of your life.

I will be addressing topics that will help gain the confidence you need to succeed both inside and outside of the gym.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Strive to Be the Very Best Version of "You"

Strive to be the very best version of you possible—regardless of any of your perceived challenges. We have what we have. Our job is to make the most out of what we've been given (and still have).

If we are not careful, we can let our perceived limitations get in the way of our progress—and the level in which we enjoy life. We must learn to consistently focus on what gifts we do have—and not on the ones we don't have.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Closed Thread
Page 273 of 364 FirstFirst ... 173 223 263 271 272 273 274 275 283 323 ... LastLast