Closed Thread
Page 274 of 364 FirstFirst ... 174 224 264 272 273 274 275 276 284 324 ... LastLast
Results 8,191 to 8,220 of 10915
    MaximumResults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumResults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumResults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumResults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumResults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumResults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumResults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumResults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    All the best Skip
    "Call it a comeback"

Mitch1093 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    Hi Mitch1093.

You can surely maintain your size--if not build more--training three days a week. It can be done.

There are plenty of three day a week training routines available on the internet that can get the job done. Find one you or create one on your own. You can show me what you come up with here, if you'd like.

Is not the training routine that going to make the difference. Neither do the amount of exercises, the choice of exercises, sets, and rep you schedule matters most. Your productivity is going to be determined by how well you attack and execute the exercises, sets, and reps. I could give one person a routine and he could get great results--and another person can get poor results from the very same routine. The person doing the routine is what's most important.

Remember that. You can indeed get the job in three training days.

Also, how you eat all seven days of the week will play a huge factor in your ability to maintain or build muscle with those three days of training each week.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    This is what I have been doing.
    Friday
    Standing barbell curls 3x10
    incline dumbell curl 3x10
    hammer curl 3x10
    various leg exercises mostly focusing on calves

Saturday
    Lat pull downs 3x10
    t bar row 3x10
    cable row 3x10
    behind neck shoulder press 3x10
    Lateral shoulder raise 3x10
    forward shoulder raise 3x10

Sunday
    Incline bench 3x10
    decline bench 3x10
    dumbell flies 3x10
    Dumbell tricep exrention 3x10
    tricep push down 3x10
    close grip bench 3x10

And forearms and abs are thrown in the mix.

I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Mitch1093 View Post
    This is what I have been doing.
    Friday
    Standing barbell curls 3x10
    incline dumbell curl 3x10
    hammer curl 3x10
    various leg exercises mostly focusing on calves

Saturday
    Lat pull downs 3x10
    t bar row 3x10
    cable row 3x10
    behind neck shoulder press 3x10
    Lateral shoulder raise 3x10
    forward shoulder raise 3x10

Sunday
    Incline bench 3x10
    decline bench 3x10
    dumbell flies 3x10
    Dumbell tricep exrention 3x10
    tricep push down 3x10
    close grip bench 3x10

And forearms and abs are thrown in the mix.
    Great, Mitch1093.

Tell me exactly what your goals are.

Are you trying to build muscle and lose body fat? Have a physique that looks a certain way? Are you trying to improve your performance in sport?

You don't put too much of a priority on legs, huh? Couldn't even take the time to write the exercises for them out? LOL You just tack them on the end of all of those sets for biceps?

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

Mitch1093 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great, Mitch1093.

Tell me exactly what your goals are.

Are you trying to build muscle and lose body fat? Have a physique that looks a certain way? Are you trying to improve your performance in sport?

You don't put too much of a priority on legs, huh? Couldn't even take the time to write the exercises for them out? LOL You just tack them on the end of all of those sets for biceps?

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Haha no I do not put as much attention on my legs as I should unfortunately. I want to build mass and overall have an even more impressive look. I could also use an idea of nutrition. I know I need to eat to grow, but my schedule is difficult to work with. My job consists of driving mostly. I work from 6:30 to 4:30 then classes from 7 to 9. Do you have any tips for something like that?

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What Is The Best Way To Warm Up For A Workout? How Many Sets? How Many Reps? How Much Weight?

Your Coach Skip La Cour explains the most effective and efficient approach to warm up sets. Follow this advice and you'll save the majority of your time and energy for the heavy, progressively overloading, muscle-stimulating working sets. It the heavy, taxing working sets that initiate the muscle building process--not the warm up sets.

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition right here on Bodybuilding.com today.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

gymrat992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question mm 180 question

Hey skip, what's the best way to take mm180? What is the serving size? How many times a day do I take it? I thought I saw some where that the serving size said 8 capsules? Is that correct?
    Thanks,
    Gymrat992
    Last edited by gymrat992; 02-16-2013 at 04:33 AM.
    I AM A MASS MACHINE!

Originally Posted by gymrat992 View Post
    Hey ship, what's the best way to take mm180? What is the serving size? How many times a day do I take it? I thought I saw some where that the serving size said 8 capsules? Is that correct?
    Thanks,
    Gymrat992
    If you have a bottle, that's where you saw it. If you don't, then it listed on the website.

Directions: For adults. Take 2 to 3 capsules three times daily or otherwise directed by your healthcare professional.

Tyler Leenknecht is about to start a new series of training videos as he prepares for this year's Team Universe.

Check out this video from his preparation last year.

Train Hard. Think Big.

If you have a bottle, that's where you saw it. If you don't, then it listed on the website.

Directions: For adults. Take 2 to 3 capsules three times daily or otherwise directed by your healthcare professional.

Ok thanks, yeah I'm going to order some but I saw that and was confused. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
    I AM A MASS MACHINE!

Skip, I've been reading a lot about the benifits Of supplementing with bcaa. Is this a supplement worth using? I already use mm creatine and mm glutamine with my pre and post workout mm25 protein shakes? What exactly does a bcaa supplements do for a person? Also, does mass machine nutrition sell bcaa?
    Thanks,
    Gymrat992
    Last edited by gymrat992; 02-16-2013 at 05:18 AM.
    I AM A MASS MACHINE!

Seanezekiel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Skip

I have MM180 and had a question. Is the product something you should have in your system even if you are not going to the gym? For example if I was going to be to busy to get in any exercise for 3-5 days should i continue taking it or stop until I am back at it?

Originally Posted by Seanezekiel View Post
    Hi Skip

I have MM180 and had a question. Is the product something you should have in your system even if you are not going to the gym? For example if I was going to be to busy to get in any exercise for 3-5 days should i continue taking it or stop until I am back at it?
    Hi Seanezekiel.

You want to experience the benefits even on those days when you aren't training in the gym.

Thanks for you support, brother.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Originally Posted by gymrat992 View Post
    Skip, I've been reading a lot about the benifits Of supplementing with bcaa. Is this a supplement worth using? I already use mm creatine and mm glutamine with my pre and post workout mm25 protein shakes? What exactly does a bcaa supplements do for a person? Also, does mass machine nutrition sell bcaa?
    Thanks,
    Gymrat992
    Coming Soon to Bodybuilding.com!

MM300 BCAA SUPREME in awesome-tasting Crimson Raspberry

I will talk more about this great new addition to the Mass Machine Nutrition line closer to its release date in about six weeks.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Assignment #2

James Canzanella
    Winner of Skip La Cour's 6 Month Bulking and Cutting Program Challenge

b: http://www.jamescanzanella.com/
    y: http://www.youtube.com/AMmuscleAHP
    f: http://www.********.com/james.canzanella

Originally Posted by Canz View Post
    Assignment #2

Awesome, Canz!

Skip La Cour's MASS MACHINE Bodybuilding & Training Podcast- #506

2-17-13

Bodybuilder Tyler Leenknecht Joins the Podcast for One-on-One Coaching with Skip La Cour

Click Here to Listen to Podcast

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just checking in to say I am a Mass Machine - enjoying the 49 Days to Supreme Confidence weekly calls & Blogtalk radio every Sunday. Looking forward to the Mass Machine BCAA as well.
    Visit:
    http://www.********.com/PositiveEnergy247Fitness
    http://joyhenderson.blogspot.com/
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/HenderJBvisuallinkcom
    http://www.youtube.com/user/positiveenergy247

Ecc 9:10 “Whatever your hands find to do, do it with all your might..”

atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Skip. Enjoying the podcasts so far. Looking foward to Wednesday. I do have a question about injury.

I tore my hamstring doing HIT training in September, 2012. I did not research proper stretching and warm-up, and ended up doing HIT sprints on an elevated surface outside in the cold (big no go). Of course afterwards I learned (via the physician) how to properly warm up before doing sprints. While slowing down I heard a big "pop" accomponied by a lot of pain. The diagnosis was between 1-2 tear, more likely a 1 (without taking an MRI). I rehabed for 3-4 weeks doing lots of incremental stretching and "hot yoga". My strength slowly returned and by the end of November/ early December I felt %100 back to normal. However, I had read some articles about hamstrings and some varied on scar tissue, blah blah. I somewhat disregarded it until today when I was doing my leg day. When warming up/stretching I felt a "minor pop", but had no pain initially. However, when doing my lunges I felt a minor soarness in the same spot where I initially tore it last year. So, I am wondering if this is normal for a hamstring tear, to have scar tissue "dislodge" or "break off" over time, or any other information regarding this type of injury from your experience.
    "If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader"
    John Quincy Adams

Originally Posted by atw1552 View Post
    Hey Skip. Enjoying the podcasts so far. Looking foward to Wednesday. I do have a question about injury.

I tore my hamstring doing HIT training in September, 2012. I did not research proper stretching and warm-up, and ended up doing HIT sprints on an elevated surface outside in the cold (big no go). Of course afterwards I learned (via the physician) how to properly warm up before doing sprints. While slowing down I heard a big "pop" accomponied by a lot of pain. The diagnosis was between 1-2 tear, more likely a 1 (without taking an MRI). I rehabed for 3-4 weeks doing lots of incremental stretching and "hot yoga". My strength slowly returned and by the end of November/ early December I felt %100 back to normal. However, I had read some articles about hamstrings and some varied on scar tissue, blah blah. I somewhat disregarded it until today when I was doing my leg day. When warming up/stretching I felt a "minor pop", but had no pain initially. However, when doing my lunges I felt a minor soarness in the same spot where I initially tore it last year. So, I am wondering if this is normal for a hamstring tear, to have scar tissue "dislodge" or "break off" over time, or any other information regarding this type of injury from your experience.
    Hi atw1552....

From my personal experience dealing with hamstring strains and minor tears when playing sports, they seemed to linger on a long time.

Take it slow. Be patient.

Click here to "Like" Tyler Leenknecht's new ******** page and follow his contest preparation journey.
    Last edited by skiplacour; 02-17-2013 at 06:09 PM.

I'm not going to let you forget the goals you set for 2013. . . .

2-17-13

We begin Week #8 of 2013

Sound off MASS MACHINES!

What's one MAJOR thing you WILL accomplish this week that has been lingering--and you know you absolutely MUST get it done? It can be either inside or outside of the gym.

Commit to finally getting it done right here.

I will ask you this every single week in 2013 and do whatever I can to help you follow through. That's my commitment to YOU.

Train Hard. Think Big.

preacher of simplicity godsamurai's Avatar
    godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500) godsamurai is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    so how do i join the 49days competition?
    Dymatize ISO-100 protein: 25g protein, 1 carb, 0 fat, 0 lactose, 0 sugar
    That's all you need.

Personal Dymatize protein review (2011):

Originally Posted by godsamurai View Post
    so how do i join the 49days competition?
    Welcome, godsamurai!

Here's the information you need.

A new Lesson (Lesson #3) will be post tomorrow.

Train Hard. Think Big.

atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Skip, I have stumbled upon the podcasts from last year's Bulking and Cutting Challenge. I have to say, the information on those podcasts are just incredible. I HUGE number of questions I had about cardio/diet/lifting schedule, routines, attitude, results, etc....I could go on and on. "I could make a million, You heard about 8 minute abs, I got 6 minute abs", LOL. Thank you Skip for giving back....and yes, I am def. considering supporting you by purchasing Mass Machine Nutrition. Next time I order, I will definately be trying your products. I don't want to put it on my bodyspace until I actually try it. I want to be honest and thorough with my rating and opinion. I am sure you already know that what you have (as far as information) is excellent. My purpose for stating this is for those new Mass Machines out there, to take advantage or know about last years challenge, or didn't know about it. GO to:

massmachinenutrition.com/challenge/index.htm

And then, join us for this new 49 days to Supreme Confidence challenge.
    "If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader"
    John Quincy Adams

Assignment #2

1) What do I want to get out of this training program
    2) Who's lifting program/diet plan/bodybuilder do I rely on the most

#1 I want to learn more about myself, but I want results. I want to look better (size, and shape), feel more confident, and be more efficient with my limited time.
    #2 Honestly I have tried a few. I did the P90X program "Muscle Confusion" was their mantra. I learned that I CAN push myself past my own limits. I went from 242 pounds, of overweight out of shape, and feeling insignificant, to 220 lbs, and learned that I HATE being out of shape, because it is so hard to start. "Do your best and forget the rest". I stayed with the momentum and found Bodybuilding.com and completed the Kris Gethin 12 week trainer. I was introduced to bodybuilding through this program. I started using supplements (protein, pre-workout, postworkout, etc.) at this point, and leaned down to 205 lbs., was stronger, had more stamina, and felt better of myself than I have..I think ever. I then tried the next Kris Gethin program "DTP". I was going full-bore, but tore my hamstring in the 3rd week, and had to stop. I tried to message Kris, but I think he is too busy to respond. That was the point where I started looking elsewhere on BB.com. I found the IFBB forum, and Skip. I was able to get quick (relative to what I think most Pros) responses to my nutritional questions (macro-breakdowns). I then started exploring Massmachinenutrition.com, noticed that he had just completed the Bulking&Cutting Program a few months earlier, and wanted to know if he was planning one for the upcoming year (Now). He said: "Yes, but were going to be doing something even better than last year". So, I signed up, and dabbled around his websites, trying to form workouts based on my understanding of his concepts (progressive overloading)(and getting in-out of the gym in an hour or less). Now, I am continuing to look at his previous programs/podcasts, and continuing in this 49 days to supreme confidence challenge. I am still learning, still growing, and still thirsty for more.
    John Quincy Adams

Lesson #3 - How To Make the Most of Your Time--No Matter What Your Age May Be - 49 Days To SUPREME Confidence Ultimate Transformation Challenge

Many men undermine their confidence level when they believe they should be much more accomplished in life for their age. This disempowering mindset plays a huge role in the things they choose to do and choose not to do every single day.

Lesson #3 of 49 of the Mass Machine Nutrition "49 Days To Supreme Confidence" Ultimate Transformation Challenge.

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition MM1000 Micronized Creatine here on Bodybuilding.com.

Hey Skip, I was wondering if you could repost those video clips, logos, etc. for using in making those short clip videos. Thanks
    John Quincy Adams

Originally Posted by atw1552 View Post
    Hey Skip, I was wondering if you could repost those video clips, logos, etc. for using in making those short clip videos. Thanks

To DOWNLOAD all of the art, music, "swoosh" sound, and Mass Machine Nutrition ending video clip
    that you'll need to make your own "49 Days To SUPREME Confidence" VIDEOS......

CLICK HERE

I look forward to see what you MASS MACHINES come up with!

Train Hard. Think Big.

codycaraway has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sets and Lifts

Skip,

What would be the best number of lifts and sets per lift to get the most results? I realize growth typically comes more from a 4-6 or 6-8 or so rep range, so now I just need to know how many lifts and sets are recommended.

Thanks, have a nice day, and God bless!

Originally Posted by codycaraway View Post
    Skip,

What would be the best number of lifts and sets per lift to get the most results? I realize growth typically comes more from a 4-6 or 6-8 or so rep range, so now I just need to know how many lifts and sets are recommended.

Thanks, have a nice day, and God bless!
    Hi codycaraway....

Your very first post on Bodybuilding.com right here on this thread! I'm flattered.

Good question.

You need to remember it is the PERSON who is executing the training style or routine and his SKILL LEVEL that will determine if it is the "best" for anything.

You must take the fundamentals of effective training to higher and higher levels of execution, understanding, and mind-muscle connection to get the very most out of any training routine you do.

The number of sets, reps, and exercises won't make a routine effective alone.

Click the link below to see a 13 different routines that give examples of how many different exercises and sets that I recommend.

Click Here for the Mass Machine Training Routines

Train Hard. Think Big.

Closed Thread
Page 274 of 364 FirstFirst ... 174 224 264 272 273 274 275 276 284 324 ... LastLast