Closed Thread
Page 54 of 364 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 10915
    I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BEhave View Post
    What would you say are some must use supps for somebody lifting weights? protein, creatine etc?
    What that person's goals?
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

HOCH is just really nice. (+1000) HOCH is just really nice. (+1000) HOCH is just really nice. (+1000) HOCH is just really nice. (+1000) HOCH is just really nice. (+1000) HOCH is just really nice. (+1000) HOCH is just really nice. (+1000) HOCH is just really nice. (+1000) HOCH is just really nice. (+1000) HOCH is just really nice. (+1000) HOCH is just really nice. (+1000)
    Skip -

I hope you didn't think I was coming across as disrespectful. I am actually a big fan, and obviously it's comical for me to tell you that you are wrong with the level of success you have achieved. I guess everyone's different; for some random reason, when I took glutamine out, at that time I gained a lot of muscle; obviously purely coincidence more than anything. For me, I never noticed anything from creatine either, in any form, and obviously that is a proven supplement. Things I like are basically very simple: multi, vit d, omega 3, citrulline malate (big fan of this). Like you say though, I think a lot of bodybuilding success is "in your head" so to speak. There are bodybuilders who claim to eat an obscenely low amount of calories for their size, and yet they are walking around at 260 lean whereas there are guys struggling to put on size and eating 7000 cal a day. Therefore, I like what you say about setting an intention. I think you have a very interesting approach. I think the bottom line though is, if you have been consistently lifting and eating for several years straight, you are bound to make progress- consistency is key.

BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    What that person's goals?
    Just to get stronger and add more muscle. I'm not into fat burners or anything like that. Just want to pack on mass and strength while staying healthy (especially keeping the joints healthy)

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by HOCH View Post
    Skip -

I hope you didn't think I was coming across as disrespectful. I am actually a big fan, and obviously it's comical for me to tell you that you are wrong with the level of success you have achieved. I guess everyone's different; for some random reason, when I took glutamine out, at that time I gained a lot of muscle; obviously purely coincidence more than anything. For me, I never noticed anything from creatine either, in any form, and obviously that is a proven supplement. Things I like are basically very simple: multi, vit d, omega 3, citrulline malate (big fan of this). Like you say though, I think a lot of bodybuilding success is "in your head" so to speak. There are bodybuilders who claim to eat an obscenely low amount of calories for their size, and yet they are walking around at 260 lean whereas there are guys struggling to put on size and eating 7000 cal a day. Therefore, I like what you say about setting an intention. I think you have a very interesting approach. I think the bottom line though is, if you have been consistently lifting and eating for several years straight, you are bound to make progress- consistency is key.
    No, you didn't come off as disrespectful. No worries.

The answers I give are NOT based solely on my personal experiences. Doing so, no matter how many trophies I won or how big my muscles are, would NOT be the best approach to help other people.

I've read a lot of the same information, studies, and opinions you have--and have done so for many years. I tried many different strategies in my 20 years. And, I have also worked closely with and have learned from the experiences of many other people with many different levels of experience, motivation, and genetic ability.

It's not all about intention. I just believe there are many different factors that lead to bodybuilding success. You can get a few things "wrong" or not be "100 percent accurate"--and still be successful because did so many other things "right."

For a comical example, a person could eat extremely well, train very hard, never miss a workout, and pray to the "Bodybuilding Gods" every night before he goes to bed. He'll swear to you that those prayers were a crucial ingredient to his success--and insist you do it too!

That's where the debating comes in.

And, of course, there is nothing to debate about that strategy. We all know that those who pray to the Bodybuilding Gods experience 43.3% more growth. LOL
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

DonPizza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonPizza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonPizza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonPizza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonPizza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonPizza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonPizza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonPizza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonPizza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonPizza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonPizza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello Skip

For a few day i had my second contest this month. Now i woun't do any other contest this year. I hope that i can keep my form and build up some quality mass.

How did you eat and train after contests? Can you give me any tipps or experiences?

I'm slowly adding calories and starting liftig as heavy as i can.

Thx
    I didn't lose the 1st place, I won the 2nd!!!

jackaubrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jackaubrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jackaubrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jackaubrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jackaubrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jackaubrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jackaubrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jackaubrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jackaubrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jackaubrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jackaubrey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    welcome skip

Originally Posted by DonPizza View Post
    Hello Skip

For a few day i had my second contest this month. Now i woun't do any other contest this year. I hope that i can keep my form and build up some quality mass.

How did you eat and train after contests? Can you give me any tipps or experiences?

I'm slowly adding calories and starting liftig as heavy as i can.

Thx
    Congratulations on your shows. There's nothing better than continually challenging yourself mentally, physically, and emotionally than a bodybuilding contest.

First tip I would give you is to not be so hard on yourself if you're eating impulsively or eating "bad" food continues a little longer than you want after your show. Be patient. Your eating good habits and self control will come back in time.

Get back to good, healthy, muscle building eating during the week--and start scheduling your "cheat" meals as soon as you settle down.

Also, be patient with your training habits too. Your level of motivation certainly isn't going to be as high as it was when you knew you had to get up on stage in your "banana hammock." LOL

Training, as well as eating, will come back in time--as long as you set ambitious goal.

Originally Posted by BEhave View Post
    Just to get stronger and add more muscle. I'm not into fat burners or anything like that. Just want to pack on mass and strength while staying healthy (especially keeping the joints healthy)
    "Must use" supplements to pack on mass and get stronger really depends on a person's level of motivation.

Every person needs to ask themselves:

"Is it worth it to me in the investment of money, investment of time, and consistency to use this supplement---even if it only helps me (let's say) 5 percent?"

Of course, everyone is going to have a different answer.

In reality, you can "pack on mass" and "get stronger" without using any supplements. Just good old fashion effort in the gym and good eating.

The real question are: "How much more mass?" and "How much stronger?" would you be with certain supplements?

No one MUST HAVE a Mercedes-Benz to get from "point A" to "point B."

I want the VERY BEST results possible for my efforts. "Must Haves" for me would be:

Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition's

MM250 Pre-Workout

MM25 Whey Protein

MM1000 Creatine

MM525 Gluatimine

http://www.MassMachineNutrition.com

DonPizza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonPizza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonPizza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonPizza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonPizza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonPizza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonPizza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonPizza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonPizza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonPizza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DonPizza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Skip

Thank you for your post. I was glad to read that. In my second contest i placed 2nd and now i punished my self eating clean not to lose my form.

Now, i can see the things a little bit easier.

Thanks a lot

DonPizza
    I didn't lose the 1st place, I won the 2nd!!!

Originally Posted by DonPizza View Post
    Hey Skip

Thank you for your post. I was glad to read that. In my second contest i placed 2nd and now i punished my self eating clean not to lose my form.

Now, i can see the things a little bit easier.

Thanks a lot

DonPizza
    I'm glad I can help. There's no sense going through the "battle" alone when I can share some of the insights I've gained over the last 20 years on this thread.

Too many people who train always need to have something "new" and "different."

The VAST MAJORITY of the keys to success are universal and timeless.

My advice is to first get some insight from people who are more experienced; build a solid base of information--and THEN build upon that solid base with your "style and flavor."

It's a waste of time to totally "reinvent the wheel" with you own "style and flavor" when you don't have to.

Check out this limited time special I'm having:

http://skiplacour.com/audio/

Today's Quote:

"THINK BIG. "PLAY" BIG. WIN BIG. You can't make #3 happen without doing #1 and #2 first."

Are you following the video training series with Tyrus?

Yesterday, I said to him "Tyrus...Do realize that, at 23 years old and everything you have going for you, you can accomplish absolutely ANYTHING you want with your life? You have the world at your feet!"

Who here believes they have the same opportunity?

http://www.massmachinenutrition.com/tyrus_reed_journey
    Last edited by skiplacour; 10-21-2010 at 09:55 AM.

Tyrus Reed Creates a “Foundation” for Effective Eating Habits - #8

In this video, Tyrus documents his structured eating habits. He has outlined the typical meals he eats during the day, figured out the macronutritent breakdown of each meal, and determined the total number of calories he eats during the day. With this solid nutritional foundation established, Skip can now intelligently coach Tyrus on how to build upon it.

Check out this limited time audio seminar course special I'm having:

http://skiplacour.com/audio/

andrewa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great videos

Today's Quote:

"Everything is HARD before it becomes EASY. And, damn, it feels so good when it finally becomes easy!

=====================================
    Look for a couple of more videos in the the training series this week.

Also, look for short, two or three minute VIDEO tips and motivational messages.
    =====================================

For more motivating quotes, bodybuilding tips, articles, and videos, join my ******** page at:

http://www.********.com/#!/pages/Ski...r/113085909587

Visit my website for Bodybuilding and Training Information and Inspiration at http://www.skiplacour.com

Join the Journey, Click, Watch, and Learn. Bookmark this Bodybuilding and Training Video Presentation Series at http://www.massmachinenutrition.com/tyrus_reed_journey

Visit my Mass Machine Nutrition - Supplements/Sports Nutrition website. Real Physical Development. Real Sports Nutrition. at http://www.massmachinenutrition.com

Structure in Your Entire Life Helps Your Bodybuilding Success - #9

In this video, Skip has Tyrus start the process of creating more structure during his entire day--and not only when he's in the gym. The least amount of variables you have during your day, the more of your energy, power, and focus you can devote to your bodybuilding and training disciplines.

Tyrus Reed Trains Chest and Abdominals - #10

In this video, Tyrus Reed grinds through an intense Mass Machine Training Chest and Abdominals workout, gets expert coaching from Skip La Cour, and shares his perspective on the effects of Mass Machine training.

Be alerted by email every time a new video in this series is posted.

Go to: http://www.skiplacour.com/newsletter
    Last edited by skiplacour; 10-28-2010 at 11:34 AM.

juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Tyrus Reed Trains Chest and Abdominals - #10

In this video, Tyrus Reed grinds through an intense Mass Machine Training Chest and Abdominals workout, gets expert coaching from Skip La Cour, and shares his perspective on the effects of Mass Machine training.

Be alerted by email every time a new video in this series is posted.

Go to: http://www.skiplacour.com/newsletter
    Another great video! I was curious if we were going to see some of those famous LaCour flat presses with 445 lbs! I could never believe how much you used to press...incredible...and it looks like Tyrus is on his way as well!

I really enjoy some of the small tips you give during these, I always make sure to try them in my training. Just today I tried the more narrow grip on barbell shoulder presses and I also feel it slightly more in my shoulders.

I'm interested to see Tyrus's feedback on the lower volume, higher intensity training style. I can say that it has worked incredibly well for me. The gains I've had from adopting your training tips are similar to the first year I started training - I only wish I had been training this way the entire time.

Keep up the great work! Seeing you push Tyrus reminds my training partner and me of the importance of incredible intensity and focus while training.

Thanks again
    Jim

ChrisSierra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisSierra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisSierra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisSierra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisSierra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisSierra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisSierra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisSierra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisSierra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisSierra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisSierra is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    great videos skip

few questions:

-has tyrus competed in the past?
    -how many times a week do you have him doing cardio? also at what intensity/duration?
    -how do you cycle his training? (8 week training blocks followed by 1 week rest, then repeat?)

thanks!

Originally Posted by ChrisSierra View Post
    great videos skip

few questions:

-has tyrus competed in the past?
    He has not. His first show will be in June of 2011.

-how many times a week do you have him doing cardio? also at what intensity/duration?
    I do not have him on a cardio program yet in the couple of weeks we've been training together. I will be high intensity. I will outline that in a video in the future.

-how do you cycle his training? (8 week training blocks followed by 1 week rest, then repeat?)
    Yes. The length of training time blocks will be the same--but the routine will not be repeated.

Motivation - "Keep On Keepin' On"

Sometimes you need to just keep going even when you aren't as motivated as you'd like to reach your bodybuilding and training goals--or performing as well as you'd like.

MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've trained Max-ot (and still do); however, I always wondered... How come, in most of the videos, I see you and Jeff Willet doing forced reps on most/all pressing movements? Is it just for safety, or is there something else behind it?

thanks, you're an inspiration, too (no homo).

Originally Posted by MHurricane View Post
    I've trained Max-ot (and still do); however, I always wondered... How come, in most of the videos, I see you and Jeff Willet doing forced reps on most/all pressing movements? Is it just for safety, or is there something else behind it?

thanks, you're an inspiration, too (no homo).
    Tell me how YOU define "forced rep."

Does that 100 percent non-assisted by a spotter to you?

No homo taken. (LOL)

MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Tell me how YOU define "forced rep."

Does that 100 percent non-assisted by a spotter to you?

No homo taken. (LOL)
    yes, that means 100 non-assisted.

Originally Posted by MHurricane View Post
    yes, that means 100 non-assisted.
    Good question.

When you are training heavily in the 4 to 6 rep range, it becomes just as much of a feat in mental strength as it is in physical strength.

I'll always instruct my training partner to have his hands "on the bar." You'll notice that he'll even do this on the warm-up sets where it's obvious I can easily handle the weight.

This is to give me the certainty and confidence that, if I do fail, he'll be right there. I won't even need to worry about a split second delay in his reaction.

I can focus more on challenging myself with heavier weight and more reps--especially when it's coming down to the last one or two reps--instead of worrying about me safety.

I understand that, in the video, it's impossible to determine if I'm being assisted, not being assisted, or to what degree if I am.

Set Ambitious Goals and Tell Everyone What They Are! - #11

In this video, Skip La Cour has Tyrus Reed outline his bodybuilding and training goals. Skip explains the POWER in setting ambitious goals and how telling everyone about those goals will force you to perform at a higher level.

See all of the videos in the series here:

http://www.massmachinenutrition.com/tyrus_reed_journey

This promotion is only available in the U.S.

http://www.MassMachineNutrition.com/mmp
    Last edited by skiplacour; 11-04-2010 at 09:51 AM.

juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Skip -

Great videos. Looks like Tyrus is already getting bigger!

Separately, I remember at one point reading that you had some shoulder issues that eventually were worked out through additional stretching. I'm having some trouble with my right shoulder now, and it's making a lot of my pressing movements uncomfortable, and I definitely can't handle as much weight.

I know it's impossible to tell if I have the same issue you did, but can you describe some of the stretching that you performed on your shoulder?

I have found that I was not stretching enough all over and it was leading to injuries. At one point hamstring tightness was leading to lower back injury during squatting/leg pressing. What type and with what frequency would you recommend one perform stretching on all muscle groups?

Originally Posted by juan072 View Post
    Skip -

Great videos. Looks like Tyrus is already getting bigger!
    Thanks, Juan. I put a lot of effort into shooting, producing, and posting those videos myself--so I'm glad you appreciate them.

Let me know if there is anything specific you want addressed (And that includes EVERYONE reading this forum). There may be a lot of information I can help you with that's stored in my brain--but it may be something I don't realize needs to be addressed.

Looks like Tyrus is already getting bigger!
    Yeah, I get surprised noticing that myself from time to time. He's been training awhile and putting in a lot of dedication and effort before training with me--but there were a few basic things that he needed to do to maximize his efforts and see better results in a shorter period of time.

That's very common for people training five years of less--and easy to correct. He has the "heart" and that's what's most important. I can teach what I've learned in 20 years and the results will come--no doubt about it. But, if you don't have the "heart, " you won't accomplish much.

Separately, I remember at one point reading that you had some shoulder issues that eventually were worked out through additional stretching. I'm having some trouble with my right shoulder now, and it's making a lot of my pressing movements uncomfortable, and I definitely can't handle as much weight.

I know it's impossible to tell if I have the same issue you did, but can you describe some of the stretching that you performed on your shoulder?

I have found that I was not stretching enough all over and it was leading to injuries. At one point hamstring tightness was leading to lower back injury during squatting/leg pressing. What type and with what frequency would you recommend one perform stretching on all muscle groups?
    Every time you tax the muscles during an intense training session, the muscles get a little shorter during the recovery process if you don't constantly stretch. Years and years of training without enough stretching did just that for me.

I was getting "bound up" more than any injury. I had to do a lot of stretching--and continue to do so--so that I don't get that way again. Lesson learned.

Closed Thread
Page 54 of 364 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 ... LastLast