Closed Thread
Page 89 of 364 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 139 189 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,670 of 10915
    LaRaZZi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hey Skip,

I have been a fan of yours for many years. I really dig the new look of your websites, too. The "Tyrus Reed Journey" was INSPIRATIONAL. He did a great job. I have CONTINUOSLY/TIRELESSLY returned to your websites for MOTIVATION/INSPIRATION for the past 7-8 years.

Skip, I have been an athlete all my life......up until 6 years ago. I was involved in athletics(swimming/martial arts) through college. When I was 24 yrs old I tried obtaining a position on a NFL team until I broke my ankle in my last pre-season game. After 8 months of PT I finally was able to walk normally again. I then set my sights on a pro-wrestling career(SHORT-LIVED). My life has taken many twists & turns. I was BLESSED with and BURIED my son, MET my future wife, I have BATTLED/BEATEN cancer, and I have started my OWN businesses. I will be 36yrs old next month.

In the last 6 years, I have been trying to CONCEAL my WAR with my arch-nemesis--------"DEPRESSION". It has been extremely UNFAIR to my fiance. It has also taken a toll on me and my body. Skip, I am a 375lbs ex-athlete. Eating and/or fasting I will still weigh 375lbs. I have a non-existent(DORMANT) metabolism. It might be hard to believe, but I am not really sloppy looking. I am INCREDIBLY strong, too. UNFORTUNATELY in the last 6-months the ABDOMINAL JIGGLE has arrived. I firmly,know the difference between FATLOSS(+) vs. WEIGHTLOSS(-); and I would settle for just weightloss, now. I would like to lose 125-150lbs. I AM NOT READY TO THROW IN THE TOWEL. I AM NOT QUITTING. I WANT TO STAND ON A BODYBUILDING STAGE AS A COMPETITOR. I WANT TO STAND PROUD, again

Here are some of my quandries:

I follow the MASS MACHINE training principles. Should I up the rep range to 15-20/set? Should i burn some muscle, too? Should I just perform
    hi-rep BW workouts?(military workouts) Should I perform athletic workouts (ie: football or basketball programs) At 6' and 375lbs I have a 40'
    vertical but landing is a BITCH.

Should I follow the MASS MACHINE cardio principles? Or, should i start marathon cardio sessions(running 5-8miles/day)? MASS MACHINE cardio
    20 minutes is great for time but does not seem to put a APPRECIABLE dent into MY 125-150lbs of FATASS. Should I add multiple MM cardio
    sessions/day?

Should my caloric intake start at 1500cals/day? I don't know where to start. Calculating my BMR puts me at 4772cals/day. I don't think I can eat
    that much food.

Now I know I just UNLOADED alot right now; SIGHT UNSEEN. I don't want to spend the next 2-3 years SPINNING MY WHEELS just trying to lose this weight. I have never WITNESSED in any of your LITERATURE/VIDEOS/INTERVIEWS/PODCASTS any other programs or tools other than what you BELIEVE/PRACTICE/PREACH. Would you give the same advice to a 375lbs. man? I want to COMPETE on a BODYBUILDING stage....no matter how silly it might seem to others. So, any ADVICE is GREATLY APPRECIATED and if we are to ever meet in the future I will HOLD an "I-OWE-YOU" note for any amount of SLAPS for any STUPIDITY(*joke*) on my behalf for anything I might have mentioned above.

Your INSIGHT is VALUED.

Thank You,

LaRaZZi
    Last edited by LaRaZZi; 09-20-2011 at 04:27 PM.

I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by LaRaZZi View Post
    I have been a fan of yours for many years. I really dig the new look of your websites, too. The "Tyrus Reed Journey" was INSPIRATIONAL. He did a great job. I have CONTINUOSLY/TIRELESSLY returned to your websites for MOTIVATION/INSPIRATION for the past 7-8 years.

Skip, I have been an athlete all my life......up until 6 years ago. I was involved in athletics(swimming/martial arts) through college. When I was 24 yrs old I tried obtaining a position on a NFL team until I broke my ankle in my last pre-season game. After 8 months of PT I finally was able to walk normally again. I then set my sights on a pro-wrestling career(SHORT-LIVED). My life has taken many twists & turns. I was BLESSED with and BURIED my son, MET my future wife, I have BATTLED/BEATEN cancer, and I have started my OWN businesses. I will be 36yrs old next month.

In the last 6 years, I have been trying to CONCEAL my WAR with my arch-nemesis--------"DEPRESSION". It has been extremely UNFAIR to my fiance. It has also taken a toll on me and my body. Skip, I am a 375lbs ex-athlete. Eating and/or fasting I will still weigh 375lbs. I have a non-existent(DORMANT) metabolism. It might be hard to believe, but I am not really sloppy looking. I am INCREDIBLY strong, too. UNFORTUNATELY in the last 6-months the ABDOMINAL JIGGLE has arrived. I firmly,know the difference between FATLOSS(+) vs. WEIGHTLOSS(-); and I would settle for just weightloss, now. I would like to lose 125-150lbs. I AM NOT READY TO THROW IN THE TOWEL. I AM NOT QUITTING. I WANT TO STAND ON A BODYBUILDING STAGE AS A COMPETITOR. I WANT TO STAND PROUD, again

Here are some of my quandries:

I follow the MASS MACHINE training principles. Should I up the rep range to 15-20/set? Should i burn some muscle, too? Should I just perform
    hi-rep BW workouts?(military workouts) Should I perform athletic workouts (ie: football or basketball programs) At 6' and 375lbs I have a 40'
    vertical but landing is a BITCH.

Should I follow the MASS MACHINE cardio principles? Or, should i start marathon cardio sessions(running 5-8miles/day)? MASS MACHINE cardio
    20 minutes is great for time but does not seem to put a APPRECIABLE dent into MY 125-150lbs of FATASS. Should I add multiple MM cardio
    sessions/day?

Should my caloric intake start at 1500cals/day? I don't know where to start. Calculating my BMR puts me at 4772cals/day. I don't think I can eat
    that much food.

Now I know I just UNLOADED alot right now; SIGHT UNSEEN. I don't want to spend the next 2-3 years SPINNING MY WHEELS just trying to lose this weight. I have never WITNESSED in any of your LITERATURE/VIDEOS/INTERVIEWS/PODCASTS any other programs or tools other than what you BELIEVE/PRACTICE/PREACH. Would you give the same advice to a 375lbs. man? I want to COMPETE on a BODYBUILDING stage....no matter how silly it might seem to others. So, any ADVICE is GREATLY APPRECIATED and if we are to ever meet in the future I will HOLD an "I-OWE-YOU" note for any amount of SLAPS for any STUPIDITY(*joke*) on my behalf for anything I might have mentioned above.

Your INSIGHT is VALUED.

Thank You,

LaRaZZi
    Hi LaRaZZi...

Wow. It sounds like you've gone through a lot of things. I get the impression that your challenges in life just didn't start in your adulthood. Am I right about that?

A strong mind can lead to a strong body. You may want to get some help your depression. Make that a priority.

As far as your bodybuilding and training efforts go, just take things one day at a time. Instead of being overly concerned with the "big goal" like entering a contest, get to work knocking down your "daily disciplines" for awhile. That will build momentum. If you do what you already know what you need to do for 3 months straight, I'll answer any question you have about contest preparation.

I get the impression that you aren't even doing the things you already know you should do. How do I know that? Because people who have a plan--even if it's not a great plan--and work on it every single day aren't depressed and don't talk about their slow metabolisms. They are connected to the journey and that makes them feel fulfilled. They aren't always "satisfied", but they are optimistic about their future. They know what the need to do and, little by little, they get it done. When are focused, optimistic, have direction, are connected, and are fulfilled--you just don't get depressed.

So, whatever it is I advise you to do in the gym or with your eating--you must do it.

You can execute Mass Machine Training and Mass Machine Cardio exactly as it is outlined and lose body fat while you are taxing the muscles.

I would NOT go all the way down to 1,500 calories. In fact, I wouldn't go any lower that 3,000 calories in your situation. Just make sure you eat the way you already know you should if you've been listening to my material for such a long period of time.

Train hard. Thin BIG.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    National Level NPC Bodybuilder Pete Ciccone Interview at the 2011 Olympia Weekend

Pete Ciccone has invested many years of hard work and sacrifice climbing up the NPC ladder. His outstanding contest placings at national level shows over the past couple of years have set him up to earn his IFBB Professional Bodybuilder status.

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today
    Last edited by skiplacour; 09-20-2011 at 07:00 PM.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

LaRaZZi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thank you.

Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    Hi LaRaZZi...

Wow. It sounds like you've gone through a lot of things. I get the impression that your challenges in life just didn't start in your adulthood. Am I right about that?

A strong mind can lead to a strong body. You may want to get some help your depression. Make that a priority.

As far as your bodybuilding and training efforts go, just take things one day at a time. Instead of being overly concerned with the "big goal" like entering a contest, get to work knocking down your "daily disciplines" for awhile. That will build momentum. If you do what you already know what you need to do for 3 months straight, I'll answer any question you have about contest preparation.

I get the impression that you aren't even doing the things you already know you should do. How do I know that? Because people who have a plan--even if it's not a great plan--and work on it every single day aren't depressed and don't talk about their slow metabolisms. They are connected to the journey and that makes them feel fulfilled. They aren't always "satisfied", but they are optimistic about their future. They know what the need to do and, little by little, they get it done. When are focused, optimistic, have direction, are connected, and are fulfilled--you just don't get depressed.

So, whatever it is I advise you to do in the gym or with your eating--you must do it.

You can execute Mass Machine Training and Mass Machine Cardio exactly as it is outlined and lose body fat while you are taxing the muscles.

I would NOT go all the way down to 1,500 calories. In fact, I wouldn't go any lower that 3,000 calories in your situation. Just make sure you eat the way you already know you should if you've been listening to my material for such a long period of time.

Train hard. Thin BIG.
    Thank you. I appreciate such a timely response. I'll look forward to speaking with you in 3 months. -LaRaZZi

House of Pain Ironwear Owner Rick Brewer Interview at the 2011 Olympia Weekend

House of Pain Ironwear Founder and Owner, Rick Brewer, talks about the history of his hardcore workout clothing line. He also explains why the most intense people on the planet choose House of Pain. In addition, Rick talks about his personal powerlfiting goals.

Click here to order

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hi Loctus....

You did an excellent job of getting your point across. Good job.

In every man's life, he eventually must use his own intuition and instincts, man-up, and make his own decisions.

You have to do that when choosing a girlfriend, business partner, doctor, and even taxi cab driver.

Is every extremely attractive woman a gold-digging, manipulating whore? Some men believe they ALL are--and they create a set of patterns and actions based on that belief. Are SOME extremely attractive women gold-digging, manipulating whores? Yes. Can you always judge a woman's integrity based on her looks (meaning the more attractive she is, the more "corrupt" she is)? No.

Is every extremely competent and successful potential business partner an unethical, con artist? Some people believe they ALL are--and they create a set of patterns and actions based on that belief. Are SOME extremely competent and successful potential business partners unethical con artists? Yes. Can you always judge a potential business partner's integrity based on how much money he makes (meaning the more money he makes, the more "corrupt" he is)? No.

Is every doctor incompetent and does extra work on you only to fraudulently charge your insurance company? Some people believe they ALL are--and they create a set of patterns and actions based on that belief. Are SOME doctors incompetent and fraudulently charge your insurance company? Yes. Can you always judge a how competent and ethical a doctor is based on how many patients he has (meaning the more he has, the more "corrupt" he is)? No.

And, not every taxi cab driver is going to take you the long way to your destination just to rip you off for a little extra money--although many people believe that ALL taxi cab drivers are corrupt.

Just like choosing a girlfriend, business partner, doctor, or taxi cab driver, use your own instincts to believe who is truly drug free and who is a "lying, cheating, con artist."

Get a feel for who they are by how they communicate--and then make you own decision. The internet, with all of the articles, blogs, videos, and podcasts that the bodybuilder communicates with will make your job of using your own judgement a lot easier.

Here's another piece of advice:

I would guess that 10% of the human population would consider THEMSELVES happy and successful (and that is probably a stretch). I would guess only 50% of the human population would even say that they are even "satisfied" in life (again, that is probably a stretch).

The VERY WORSE thing you can do is make your personal decisions in life based on what random people who you don't even know have to say (the "masses"). In fact, if you think and take action (or don't take action) like the masses, you are going to have some serious challenges in life. No doubt about it. I would try to find out what the top 10% are thinking and doing--and take that route.

If you have an experience dealing with an unethical woman, business partner, doctor, taxi cab driver--or even a "so called drug free bodybuilder"--just MOVE ALONG and find someone you can TRUST. Don't whine and complain like the unhappy, disgruntled masses do.

Successful people in life move on and find a good woman, business partner, doctor, taxi cab driver--BECAUSE THEY ARE FOCUSED ON GETTING WHAT THEY WANT IN LIFE and NOT WHAT THEY DON'T WANT.

Only whiners want to hear other people whine.

And, yes, there are extremely attractive truly good women, savvy and honest businessmen, competent and caring doctors, fair taxi cab drivers, and accomplished and well-developed drug free bodybuilders in the world who live with integrity JUST LIKE YOU DO--despite what the "masses" may think.

One more point:

Don't ever waste your time trying tell an extremely attractive, good woman that you think ALL extremely attractive women are whores; telling a savvy and honest businessman that you think that ALL savvy businessmen are crooks; telling a competent and caring doctor that you think ALL doctors are all "quacks"; or telling an honest taxi cab drivers that you think ALL taxi cab drivers are crooks.

They don't really give a damn what your issues, beliefs, or bad experiences are because they don't apply to them. They just focus on the people in this world who know who they are and what they are all about.

That's YOUR world--not theirs. They'll just go ahead and let you live in the world you've chosen to live in. The more confidence they have in themselves, the less likely they'll even step into your world and explain anything to you because they are so focused in living with purpose and direction in their own world. They won't make it their personal responsibility to get you to cross over.

You know who does want to hear what you have to say about "bad" women, business, doctors, taxi cab drivers, and so called drug free bodybuilders?

The "masses."

Use your intuition and instincts, man-up, and make your own decisions. Just remember that the beliefs you adopt will determine how you proceed in the future--and your level of success.

Train hard. Think BIG.
    wow, there are some absolutely excellent pieces of information in there. I hope you guys pay attention

Zenith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zenith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zenith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zenith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zenith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zenith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zenith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zenith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zenith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zenith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zenith is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great answers skip!

So how many grams of test/HGH do you take? Joke mate, jokes

Serious question: a freind of mine who is a natural bodybuilding champion is right into raw, organic foods with high volumes of veggies. He has eliminated all protein shakes and reccomendeds a vitimin called juice plus to me have you heard of it?

What are your thoughts on eating raw organic foods and eliminating
    Protein shakes?

Also what do you think of using vitargo used in the bracket method your reccomend?

With so much info out thieir its hard to find what is most efective!

Thanks
    Im working on my craft and improving every day!

Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Great answers skip!

So how many grams of test/HGH do you take? Joke mate, jokes
    I use . . . uh...uh...oh wait....! LOL

Serious question: a freind of mine who is a natural bodybuilding champion is right into raw, organic foods with high volumes of veggies. He has eliminated all protein shakes and reccomendeds a vitimin called juice plus to me have you heard of it?
    I definitely believe in eating a high volume of vegetables--and have been preaching that for years.

Click here to read "Fall In Love with Vegetables"

I've heard of the product that you mentioned because my friend is a distributor. I have not tried it.

What are your thoughts on eating raw organic foods and eliminating
    Protein shakes?
    Protein "shakes" are a very good source of highly digestible, easily digested, and quickly digested protein--all while investing fewer calories to get the job done. Also, getting some of your needed nutrients from protein and other supplements are much more convenient than "regular food" sometimes. They make it easy for you to stick your eating plan and create momentum.

If raw food works for a person, that's great. Protein, carbs, fat, and calories are the nutritional variables that a person needs to follow through with. However they arrange those variables to meet their objectives in fine in my book.

Also what do you think of using vitargo used in the bracket method your reccomend?
    I don't know enough to comment on that intelligently at the moment.

With so much info out thieir its hard to find what is most efective!
    Don't worry about finding "the most effective." That will be subjective anyway--and assuredly debated. Find strategies that work--and then build from there. That's how you'll find the "most effective" strategies without losing your mind.

Thanks
    You're welcome.

Train Hard. Think Big.

sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sixthsense is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Great seeing you in Vegas Skip! But I gotta ask...where is OUR interview? : )
    *CEO B Built International
    *Head of Social Media/Online Marketing/PR @ All American Pharmaceutical
    *Columnist for Iron Man, Natural Muscle and Muscleandfitness.com
    *Creator of the P/RR/S, FDF/FS and O-BEY-6 Training Systems
    *Trainer/Prep Coach to Athletes Globally

"Limits can be discussed, but in no way need be obeyed."

Bumped and re-posting again today because of so many requests! See what you missed.

Professional Natural Bodybuilder Layne Norton Interview at the 2011 Olympia Weekend

Layne Norton is a successful professional natural bodybuilder, competitive powerlifter, and coach to many people around the world. During this interview, Layne offers outstanding advice that will help you to succeed with your bodybuilding and training efforts, as well as, anything else you do in your life. Pay close attention during this video, there are many "gems" that you don't want to miss.

In addition, the internationally-recognized bodybuilding writer shares his personal journey and experiences in bodybuilding, powerlifting, and the business of bodybuilding and fitness.

Click here to learn more about Skip La Cour's Bodybuilding Nutrition Program and Extras

VinceFTW will become famous soon enough. (+50) VinceFTW will become famous soon enough. (+50) VinceFTW will become famous soon enough. (+50) VinceFTW will become famous soon enough. (+50) VinceFTW will become famous soon enough. (+50) VinceFTW will become famous soon enough. (+50) VinceFTW will become famous soon enough. (+50) VinceFTW will become famous soon enough. (+50) VinceFTW will become famous soon enough. (+50) VinceFTW will become famous soon enough. (+50) VinceFTW will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    First time I read anything in this thread and I'm amazed. So much real advice given, it's awesome. Big props to you, Skip.
    The seperation of skill and talent is one of the greatest misunderstood concepts for people who try to excel, who have dreams, that want to be a thing. Talent you have naturally. Skill is only developed by hours and hours and hours of beating on your craft.

- Beauty of bodybuilding

iabadman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Skip .....I am big fan and have followed you for many yrs ......I love your personal development stuff and was wondering if you were planning on continueing doing more ......I have several projects in that area that are going to happen next yr and was wanting see if we could talk about cross promoting.....I have a thread going over at professionalmuscle .com called "life support ".....I think you will like the concept and find interesting over just the typical bbing stuff you are used to .....You have a talent .....and are getting so much better at presenting yourself .[ good job!!! kudos for your recent interveiws] Anyway .....if you check out the thread I mention your mansformation serious to some guys several times ......so it might be cool if you actually showed up .....I believe you are in the walnut creek area .....I am in sac .....might be worth our time to talk busines down the line .....you have inspired me to chase my talents and help others .......so like I said you may want to a look and ajoin with me soon ....lol .....cuz I am an alfa male leader .....and if I think it .....I must do it !!!

Anyway , either way ....you are a heck of a role model .....seem like a good dude ......and honestly most of the guys checking out your threads would be better off buying your mansformation courses and actually working through them .......I think your training and diet stuff is excellant too .....but the key to achieving anything starts in the mind.....we must master our own mind .....the mind is a battlefield !!! And the fight is in the mind !!! Be well ....live better Skip!!! Thanks for the many things I picked up from your courses....they have served me well ......you are great at what you do !!! Jason

Originally Posted by VinceFTW View Post
    First time I read anything in this thread and I'm amazed. So much real advice given, it's awesome. Big props to you, Skip.
    Thank you--and thanks for taking the time to write that, VinceFTW.

Tell your friends. mention this thread when you post in other places here on Bodybuilding.com too.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Originally Posted by iabadman View Post
    Hey Skip .....I am big fan and have followed you for many yrs ......I love your personal development stuff and was wondering if you were planning on continueing doing more ......I have several projects in that area that are going to happen next yr and was wanting see if we could talk about cross promoting.....I have a thread going over at professionalmuscle .com called "life support ".....I think you will like the concept and find interesting over just the typical bbing stuff you are used to .....You have a talent .....and are getting so much better at presenting yourself .[ good job!!! kudos for your recent interveiws] Anyway .....if you check out the thread I mention your mansformation serious to some guys several times ......so it might be cool if you actually showed up .....I believe you are in the walnut creek area .....I am in sac .....might be worth our time to talk busines down the line .....you have inspired me to chase my talents and help others .......so like I said you may want to a look and ajoin with me soon ....lol .....cuz I am an alfa male leader .....and if I think it .....I must do it !!!

Anyway , either way ....you are a heck of a role model .....seem like a good dude ......and honestly most of the guys checking out your threads would be better off buying your mansformation courses and actually working through them .......I think your training and diet stuff is excellant too .....but the key to achieving anything starts in the mind.....we must master our own mind .....the mind is a battlefield !!! And the fight is in the mind !!! Be well ....live better Skip!!! Thanks for the many things I picked up from your courses....they have served me well ......you are great at what you do !!! Jason
    Thanks, iabadman.

It's MANformation.

serag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) serag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question heavy kind of cardio

hey skip,i've always been a good fan of you and i've been following max ot training principles for six years now
    i wanted to ask you about incorporating some cardio ,other than max ot cardio in my training regimen
    i used in the last three months since i didn't go to any gym, i combined weight training and cardio meaning i lift heavy weight and run for long distances or climbing the stairs lifting heavy , with diffrent techniques depending on the muscle i want to train, i also used some bodyweight exercises like planche pushups and human flag pushups and other stuff,even without going to a gym i was able to gain some excellent gains in terms of muscle mass and definition and also lost some body fat
    the question is now that i'm back to the gym now is it ok to supplement my max ot training with some of that heavy duty kind of cardio, if it is where do advise me to place it(before/after) traning, first thing in the morning
    sorry for my bad english(english isn't my first language) and thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by serag View Post
    hey skip,i've always been a good fan of you and i've been following max ot training principles for six years now
    i wanted to ask you about incorporating some cardio ,other than max ot cardio in my training regimen
    i used in the last three months since i didn't go to any gym, i combined weight training and cardio meaning i lift heavy weight and run for long distances or climbing the stairs lifting heavy , with diffrent techniques depending on the muscle i want to train, i also used some bodyweight exercises like planche pushups and human flag pushups and other stuff,even without going to a gym i was able to gain some excellent gains in terms of muscle mass and definition and also lost some body fat
    the question is now that i'm back to the gym now is it ok to supplement my max ot training with some of that heavy duty kind of cardio, if it is where do advise me to place it(before/after) traning, first thing in the morning
    sorry for my bad english(english isn't my first language) and thanks in advance.
    The type of cardiovascular training you do and when you do it will always be based on your personal goals.

Some people love the challenge of doing "heavy duty kind of cardio". They love athleticism required.

Some people choose the type of cardio they do and timing of their cardio based on what's best for muscle gains.

Some people aren't willing to go back to the gym to split their cardio from weight training (which is understandable) while some are.

Some people aren't willing to go to the gym 6 days a week to make cardio training isn't so close to the weight training sessions.

So, it all depends of what you are after.

The ideal situation for building the most muscle mass in the shortest period of time is to separate cardio from your weight training as much as possible.

serag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) serag has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The type of cardiovascular training you do and when you do it will always be based on your personal goals.

Some people love the challenge of doing "heavy duty kind of cardio". They love athleticism required.

Some people choose the type of cardio they do and timing of their cardio based on what's best for muscle gains.

Some people aren't willing to go back to the gym to split their cardio from weight training (which is understandable) while some are.

Some people aren't willing to go to the gym 6 days a week to make cardio training isn't so close to the weight training sessions.

So, it all depends of what you are after.

The ideal situation for building the most muscle mass in the shortest period of time is to separate cardio from your weight training as much as possible.
    so you're saying that my heavy cardio session won't effect muscle gains if seperated from weight session as long as possible "knowing that i sprint with up to 120 pounds during my cardio sessions" i did notice that my recuperation is alot faster both mentaly and physicaly now. but i just wanted to know your opinion . would that kind of cardio harm my intensity overtime ,my goal is to add as much muscle mass in the shortest period of time ,thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by serag View Post
    so you're saying that my heavy cardio session won't effect muscle gains if seperated from weight session as long as possible "knowing that i sprint with up to 120 pounds during my cardio sessions" i did notice that my recuperation is alot faster both mentaly and physicaly now. but i just wanted to know your opinion . would that kind of cardio harm my intensity overtime ,my goal is to add as much muscle mass in the shortest period of time ,thanks in advance.
    No, I am NOT saying that.

Any type of cardiovascular will have a negative affect of your muscle gains. It's how you put all the factors together that will make the difference in minimizing those negative affects.

It's all about finding a plan--and then deciding what you are and are not willing to do for "ultimate" muscle gains.

For example, when I was competing and striving to be the very best competitive drug free bodybuilding in the country, I set up my ENTIRE LIFE to build the MAXIMUM amount of muscle mass and lose the MAXIMUM amount of body fat AT THE SAME TIME.

I separated my cardiovascular training sessions by 10 to 12 hours from weight training sessions. I wasn't choosing the cardio type based on what I liked. What I "liked" didn't matter to me. I did what I felt would lead me to my ultimate goal. What type of cardio I liked best wasn't even a consideration. The cardio I chose was intense and for a short period of time. Of course, my eating habits were meticulous.

Now, I understand that hardcore approach is NOT "the real world" for most people. In fact, with me working 15 hours a day now, building the MAXIMUM amount of muscle mass and losing the MAXIMUM amount of body fat AT THE SAME TIME is no longer my ultimate goal. Making Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition the best supplement company in the world is.

I still train and do cardio five days a week--but I will do my 20-minutes of high intensity Mass Machine Training Cardio right before my weight training workouts.

Optimal cardio strategy for building muscle mass? No. Meeting my overall objectives in life. Yes.

You need to make those same kind of decisions when you choose a cardiovascular training strategy based on your wants and desires.

Train Hard. Think big.

Click here to order

joncooperst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joncooperst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joncooperst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joncooperst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joncooperst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joncooperst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Amazing users of this forum

I was looking for this wonderful forum, and found it. Now I'm your regular user. rnThanks for the administration of this forum.

Arsiiron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Skip your new Videos are awsome. Everytime i see your huge biceps i get motivated to train harder and eat better.
    I have to work alot more in the coming months to buy myself a harley davidson and safe some money for college so ill have less time to eat because my job doesnt allow breaks every 2-3 hours.
    Ill still try to eat the amount of nutrition i have to eat but in less meals and not really in 2-3hour gaps. Will my progress suffer alot?

Originally Posted by Arsiiron View Post
    Skip your new Videos are awsome. Everytime i see your huge biceps i get motivated to train harder and eat better.
    I have to work alot more in the coming months to buy myself a harley davidson and safe some money for college so ill have less time to eat because my job doesnt allow breaks every 2-3 hours.
    Ill still try to eat the amount of nutrition i have to eat but in less meals and not really in 2-3hour gaps. Will my progress suffer alot?
    Hi Arsiiron....

You will still make gains. Especially because you are new to the bodybuilding and training process. Do what you can do.

There are many other factors that contribute to building muscle and losing body fat other than eating every 2 to 3 hours--but don't make the gaps between meals a lot longer than that.

And, make sure make sure that you do all of the OTHER components of building the body you want properly and consistently (weight training, cardiovascular training, exactly what you do eat when you eat, nutritional supplements lifestyle organization, mindset, etc.).

I certainly appreciate the fact that you want more in life than just a great body. But, in life, you get what you focus on--and you don't get what you don't focus on.

Take full responsibility for the decisions you make, the priorities you set, and the RESULTS that you produce--whether those results are good, bad, or somewhere in between.

Train hard. Think Big.

Click here to learn more about Skip La Cour's Bodybuilding Nutrition Program and Extras

Arsiiron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thank you Skip.
    Your words are always very motivating and helpful.

The Benefits and Drawbacks To Having a Training Partner and Determining What's Best For You

There are many potential benefits and challenges that come along with having a training partner. A training partners can be a tremendous advantage to your efforts—or a debilitating distraction.
    How do you know when a training partner is the best option in your particular situation?
    During this motivational podcast, your coach Skip La Cour discusses the advantages and disadvantages of having a training partner and helps you make the right decision.

Podcast Time: 13 minutes; 30 seconds

Click here to listen to this podcast

Click here to order

MaximumResults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumResults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumResults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumResults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumResults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumResults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumResults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumResults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Skip,

My goal is to build maximum muscle in the shortest period of time, while burning the most fat possible. I have started to go to two high intensity cardio sessions (17 minutes at level 16 and 2.9 mph minimum without holding onto the handrail) on my off days from the weights, one session in the morning and one at night instead of adjusting my diet further.

Will doing that extra cardio dramatically effect my muscle building efforts? or am I ok? I'm still doing a cardio session during my weight training days as well (5 days a week).

Thanks,

MaxResults

Originally Posted by MaximumResults View Post
    Hi Skip,

My goal is to build maximum muscle in the shortest period of time, while burning the most fat possible. I have started to go to two high intensity cardio sessions (17 minutes at level 16 and 2.9 mph minimum without holding onto the handrail) on my off days from the weights, one session in the morning and one at night instead of adjusting my diet further.

Will doing that extra cardio dramatically effect my muscle building efforts? or am I ok? I'm still doing a cardio session during my weight training days as well (5 days a week).

Thanks,

MaxResults
    Hi MaxResults....

I don't know exactly how you quantify "dramatically" but your cardiovascular training will have an effect on your muscle building efforts. What would you consider "dramatic"?

When you state "instead of adjusting my diet further", what exactly does that mean?

What's your diet like now?

And, why don't you want to adjust it to meet your goal?

Are you dieting for a contest and you don't want to reduce your "clean" calories any further to preserve muscle mass?

Or, does that mean you want to continue eating pizza and hamburgers--and you are trying to make up for the extra, not-so-healthy calories with extra cardiovascular training?

Your diet is going to have the biggest influence on your ability to both build muscle AND lose body fat. I'm curious why you choose to take the less effective and efficient extra cardio route when your goal is to build maximum muscle in the shortest period of time.

Closed Thread
Page 89 of 364 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 139 189 ... LastLast