Closed Thread
Page 91 of 364 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 191 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,730 of 10915
    Samuli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Samuli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hi Skip,

This week i started new training routine and on monday it was back and deadlifts. My lower back is still really messed up and on this early wednesday morning it was leg day, squats and stiff leg deadlifts and on squats i was really weak because of my lower back was so sore and i couldn't even do stiff leg deadlifts. Man, even bending over and putting my shoes on makes me grin. Is this normal??? and ok?

Thanks Skip

I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Samuli View Post
    Hi Skip,

This week i started new training routine and on monday it was back and deadlifts. My lower back is still really messed up and on this early wednesday morning it was leg day, squats and stiff leg deadlifts and on squats i was really weak because of my lower back was so sore and i couldn't even do stiff leg deadlifts. Man, even bending over and putting my shoes on makes me grin. Is this normal??? and ok?

Thanks Skip
    Hi Samuli....

Were you "grinning" (because you were happy with your performance) or "grimacing" (because of the discomfort)?

I'll assume you were "grimacing." LOL

Normal? Well, a fatigued back just two days after Deadlists is completely normal. If you are "sore", you may be bending over to much when pulling the weight from the floor during Deadlifts.

I'll assume that you are doing them correctly and the lower back muscles and just fatigued.

Sure, a fatigued lower back can affect your Stiff-Leg Deadlifts.

Just make sure that, when doing Stiff-Leg Deadlifts, your hamstrings are doing the majority of the work. Many people unintentionally use their back, arms, and shoulders--almost as if the are doing a Deadlift for back.

If you must, go lighter on Stiff-Leg Deadlifts during those routines when they come just two days after Deadlifts on back day.

In addition, keep your lower back tight and arched; control the weight on the negative going down--really letting the hamstrings do all of the work; and make sure that the hamstrings are doing the vast majority of the work going up.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

Samuli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Samuli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    Hi Samuli....

Were you "grinning" (because you were happy with your performance) or "grimacing" (because of the discomfort)?

I'll assume you were "grimacing." LOL

Normal? Well, a fatigued back just two days after Deadlists is completely normal. If you are "sore", you may be bending over to much when pulling the weight from the floor during Deadlifts.

I'll assume that you are doing them correctly and the lower back muscles and just fatigued.

Sure, a fatigued lower back can affect your Stiff-Leg Deadlifts.

Just make sure that, when doing Stiff-Leg Deadlifts, your hamstrings are doing the majority of the work. Many people unintentionally use their back, arms, and shoulders--almost as if the are doing a Deadlift for back.

If you must, go lighter on Stiff-Leg Deadlifts during those routines when they come just two days after Deadlifts on back day.

In addition, keep your lower back tight and arched; control the weight on the negative going down--really letting the hamstrings do all of the work; and make sure that the hamstrings are doing the vast majority of the work going up.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Yes I was grimacing . I think that i started deadlifts way too heavy and i did them without belt even thought i have allways done them with belt. Next week i will do them a little lighter and with belt, i just allways forget that deadlifts should never be underestimated.

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

Registered User GetBigNatural22's Avatar
    GetBigNatural22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Skip,

I have a concern. When I do alt. bicep curls I use 70lb dumbbells, and I find it hard to control the weight. I can rep them out up to 6 times but I struggle to fully supinate my wrists, and I feel like I swing them a little too much. Should I drop the weight to say 60lbs where I am able to control it more or is the heavier weight more important to trigger the muscle's growth response? I follow the Max-OT training principles.

Originally Posted by GetBigNatural22 View Post
    Skip,

I have a concern. When I do alt. bicep curls I use 70lb dumbbells, and I find it hard to control the weight. I can rep them out up to 6 times but I struggle to fully supinate my wrists, and I feel like I swing them a little too much. Should I drop the weight to say 60lbs where I am able to control it more or is the heavier weight more important to trigger the muscle's growth response?
    Well, I can't see what you are doing or evaluate if you are indeed stimulating the muscle effectively.

You don't think you are. Because of your own evaluation, I would advise that you to lower the weight until you think you can.

adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000)
    hey bro how many scoops of mm 250 do you have pre workout ?
    MUTANT ATHLETE

STRONGLIFTWEAR ATHLETE

instagram-- http://instagram.com/adamroch18

Originally Posted by adamrochester View Post
    hey bro how many scoops of mm 250 do you have pre workout ?
    Hi Adam....

All you need is just one heaping scoop of Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition MM250 Pre-Workout with water 15 to 30 minutes before your training session.

Good luck in your upcoming contest!

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today

Last edited by skiplacour; 10-01-2011 at 07:25 AM.

MaximumResults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumResults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumResults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumResults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumResults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumResults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumResults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumResults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Skip,

Was wondering what your thoughts were around doing two workouts in the same day. One in the morning and one in the evening, one day out of the week. This would enable me to complete my weight training in four days instead of five.

Thanks,

MaxResults

Originally Posted by MaximumResults View Post
    Hi Skip,

Was wondering what your thoughts were around doing two workouts in the same day. One in the morning and one in the evening, one day out of the week. This would enable me to complete my weight training in four days instead of five.

Thanks,

MaxResults
    MaxResults...

I'm sure that setup would be convenient for your lifestyle but it would NOT create the ideal environment for muscle rest and recuperation.

Muscle rest and recuperation is MASSIVELY IMPORTANT to muscle growth.

Keep in mind that "less than ideal" does Not necessarily mean ZERO growth.

In the end, we all have to make decisions based our overall life plans and goals.

Last edited by skiplacour; 09-30-2011 at 11:55 PM.

adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000)
    awesome ! cant wait to try it in my next order after my comp ! im not taking any pre workouts as such because geranium ect... is banned in the inba

thanks for the words skip i will let you know how i go keep inspiring us mate loving your vids still a monster and very motivational !
    MUTANT ATHLETE

STRONGLIFTWEAR ATHLETE

instagram-- http://instagram.com/adamroch18

Zenith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zenith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zenith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zenith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zenith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zenith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zenith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zenith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zenith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zenith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zenith is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey Skip i hope you dont mind me asking all these questions!

I just read an artical you wrote in an old iornman magazine called confessions od a recovering bodybuilder. Man that really hits home with me!! I can totaly relate to it.

When i am preparing for compitition i have that spartin mindset, i avoid all social situations and only focus on the gym and my next meal. I am also very socialy awkward lol.

Is it possible to have the best of both worlds? I want to achive my goals in natural compeditive bodybuilding but i also want to live my life to the fullest and be social outside of the gym!

Thanks for that artical, i feel like ive had a breakthru just reading it!
    Im working on my craft and improving every day!

Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Hey Skip i hope you dont mind me asking all these questions!

I just read an artical you wrote in an old iornman magazine called confessions od a recovering bodybuilder. Man that really hits home with me!! I can totaly relate to it.

When i am preparing for compitition i have that spartin mindset, i avoid all social situations and only focus on the gym and my next meal. I am also very socialy awkward lol.

Is it possible to have the best of both worlds? I want to achive my goals in natural compeditive bodybuilding but i also want to live my life to the fullest and be social outside of the gym!

Thanks for that artical, i feel like ive had a breakthru just reading it!
    Hi Zentith....

What I've learned from real world, life experiences is this:

You get what you focus on in life--and you DO NOT get what you DO NOT focus on.

(And when I write "you", I don't necessarily mean you Zenith. I am referring to "any person".)

Look, this an EXTREMELY COMPETITIVE WORLD. You are NOT the only person in this world who wants what you want.

When you want to become "the best" AT ANYTHING IN LIFE, you can be certain that there are many, many other people in this world who are enthusiastically and happily willing to work their butts off night and day; be extremely focused; and be totally committed to get what they want. If THEY want what YOU want in life, you better make DAMN SURE you are working just as hard; are just as focused; and are just as committed as they are--if not MORE!

Just because you "work hard" and are "good person" DOES NOT MEAN JACK SH*T! Besides, that's only according to you and your definitions. What if your "theory" about what it takes to succeed is inaccurate? Your "theory" may or may not be true in reality--those are just the standards that YOU created.

How the hell would anyone really know what it takes to become the "successful person" they want to be if they've never actually done it before? It's all speculation on their part. They are NO universally accepted standards that everyone agrees with. And, it doesn't matter that your mother always told you were "special" when you were growing either. It doesn't matter what the people you choose to hang around (or be friends with on internet message boards) opinions are either.

The only thing that really matter in life are RESULTS.

If you are NOT getting what you want in life, you more than likely need to start doing things differently and start thinking differently.

There IS a "way" if you are committed to finding it!

Being a "good person" who "works hard" doesn't really matter much when you aren't getting what YOU want, does it? Well, besides to your mother and the people in your Sunday school class.

I have no idea what the "best of both worlds" means TO YOU. That's purely subjective. The chances of two people agreeing on what your definition of "the best of both worlds" is extremely unlikely.

All I know is you better make DAMN SURE that the people you are competing against--in a bodybuilding contest, for business, for the girl you want, and anything else in life--aren't so IMBALANCED in their approach to life that they don't BLOW YOUR A** OUT OF THE WATER!

I'm known all over the world for what I accomplished in the past because I WILLING and ENTHUSIASTICALLY gave up what was the "best of the OTHER side of the world" (so to speak) FOR A LONG ENOUGH PERIOD OF TIME to become the very best at what I do. And, it's important to note that I did NOT have to make that sacrifice forever--just long enough to succeed.

I could tell you all the amazing stories of the things I've done since retiring from competitive bodybuilding that more than make up for that time I sacrificed--but that's for another time and place, my friend! LOL

Now, I am WILLING and ENTHUSIASTICALLY doing whatever it takes to make Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition the very best sports nutrition company in the WORLD.

In the end, you must MAN UP and make your own decisions in life based on what YOU want--and not other people's expectations, values, or opinions.

Just make sure the "best of both worlds" fits your OWN definition. That's all that matters.

On another note:

NEVER LABEL YOURSELF WITH ANYTHING LESS THAN POWERFUL.

Example: "I am [fill in the crappy description of yourself; what you do; or don't do here].

Once that garbage starts coming out of your mind in either spoken or written words---IT WILL START BECOMING YOUR IDENTITY!

You will start walking, talking, thinking, forming opinions, making decisions, NOT making decisions based on that crappy IDENTITY you created for yourself--even if you don't realize it.

(By the way, I frigging HATE when people call themselves "hardgainers" or "nattys" as a line of reasoning when aren't "so big." Can there be a more WUSSY word to call yourself other than "natty"??????????????

The law of relativity states that “nothing has any value unless compared to something else.” So, obviously a person has consciously chosen someone with better genetics to compare themselves to when labeling themselves as a hardgainer. Why not pick someone who is the same genetics as you? Why not pick someone who has worse genetics than you? Everyone could consider themselves a hardgainer if they compared themselves to the “right” person (or, in this case the “wrong” person).

And, "natty"? Why don't you just call yourself a WUSSY BODYBUILDER and make your point more succinctly? For Christ's sake, at least call yourself "NATURAL"!!!!!!!!!).

Don't ever use the expression "I am also very socialy awkward." (And, besides, I hope you weren't including ME when you wrote that! LOL )

You may be that way NOW in THIS phase of your life because of some of the choices and decisions you are making--but that does NOT mean it will be that way forever!

You need to check out my MANformation.com web site to help you out in that area of your life.

Train Hard. Think Big!

THANKS for Supporting Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition on Bodybuilding.com!

Click here to order
    Last edited by skiplacour; 10-01-2011 at 02:59 PM.

jrp859 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrp859 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrp859 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrp859 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrp859 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrp859 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrp859 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrp859 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrp859 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrp859 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrp859 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey skip big fan and a huge inspiration firstly!!!! Quick question, I have a huge problem of taking days off... I always keep 4 days apart from training the same muscle group but sometimes ill train every single day and if im not lifting im doing cardio(was dieting for a show at the moment, holding off a dew more months for ocb 2012 schedule ). So how vitally important is it to take those two days off completely from the gym even if you allow 4-5 days in-between body parts! Thanks skip!!!!

GiovanniGino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GiovanniGino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GiovanniGino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GiovanniGino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GiovanniGino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GiovanniGino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GiovanniGino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GiovanniGino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GiovanniGino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GiovanniGino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GiovanniGino has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks Skip! That "natty" word is such a nasty word!
    ITALIANI A NOI!

PURE ITALIAN DEATH METAL! NO TRENDS!!!!!! FORZA!!!

Originally Posted by GiovanniGino View Post
    Thanks Skip! That "natty" word is such a nasty word!
    "Nasty"? Well, I don't know about that. It just sounds "wimpy" to me.

Originally Posted by jrp859 View Post
    Hey skip big fan and a huge inspiration firstly!!!! Quick question, I have a huge problem of taking days off... I always keep 4 days apart from training the same muscle group but sometimes ill train every single day and if im not lifting im doing cardio(was dieting for a show at the moment, holding off a dew more months for ocb 2012 schedule ). So how vitally important is it to take those two days off completely from the gym even if you allow 4-5 days in-between body parts! Thanks skip!!!!
    Hi jrp859...

First of all, I respect your willingness to work hard and often. That's a good quality to have when you want to succeed.

With that being said, that's not always the most effective and efficient way to do things.

I can certainly empathize with that way of thinking and that I approach. That's similar to the way I was years ago.

The challenge is "How does a person define 'vitally important'?"

It rest and recuperation "important"? Yes.

Is rest and recuperation "vital"?

To "look good compared to most people"? Well, no.

Heck. I "looked good" when I approached my training that way. I have the feeling that a person who is willing to do the work like you do "looks good" too.

Is rest and recuperation "vital" when you are trying to maximize your own genetic potential; become the very best YOU can be; do so in the most effective and efficient manner; and do so in the shortest period of time?

Definitely YES!

I was determined to the best. That's why I was willing to go against what "felt right" or what "felt physically and emotionally right to me" and tried a new approach--even though the one I was doing was working.

That was the best decision I made.

My training intensity went through the roof. So did my strength. My muscle gains came more effectively, efficiently, and in a shorter period of time. My time in the gym was short and massively effective. And, for me, there was no way I was going to recover from my body part workouts in just 4 or 5 days.

Simply by how you even framed this question, I'm certain you've already heard all the different opinions.

Now, you just have decide what you are going to do; give whatever route you take 100% of your physical and mental effort; do it for a long enough period of time, and evaluate which one is truly the best approach.

From the people I've come across in a similar situation as you, the challenge was a mental and emotional one and the not the physical one they believed it to be.

That was certainly true in my situation as I look back and evaluate it more clearly.

Train Hard. Think Big.

jrp859 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrp859 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrp859 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrp859 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrp859 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrp859 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrp859 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrp859 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrp859 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrp859 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrp859 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks so much for the reply skip! It really is more of a mental and emotional thing versus the physical. I just love trianing, and when im not at the gym killing it, i feel like im "slacking on myself" or "Jordan, if you don't go train, your not going to improve." I guess all the wrong things! I need to take a step abck and add those days in. Do you think doing cardio, say one of those "off days" would be hurtful against my gains or no? All of my cardio is done on stepmill or eliptical. Thanks again skip!

Thanks so much for the reply skip! It really is more of a mental and emotional thing versus the physical. I just love trianing, and when im not at the gym killing it, i feel like im "slacking on myself" or "Jordan, if you don't go train, your not going to improve." I guess all the wrong things! I need to take a step abck and add those days in. Do you think doing cardio, say one of those "off days" would be hurtful against my gains or no? All of my cardio is done on stepmill or eliptical. Thanks again skip!
    "Hurtful" is a strong word in this case.

The question is always "What creates the most growth; most effectively; most efficiently; and in the shortest period of time?"

There are NO situations in bodybuilding and training that are an ALL OR NOTHING.

You could possibly minimize "a couple ounces" of muscle over the course of a year doing that cardio session on one of your days off, I suppose. The mental and emotional good feelings it brings with it, however, may be well worth those couple of ounces TO YOU.

I do cardio every single day because the overall health benefits and the emotional charge I get from it--even if I am compromising a couple ounces of muscle.

But, it is a conscious, educated choice that I am making.

hahah alright i understand completely! Are you a believer in LISS or HIIT types of cardio? As of now im doing 2 sessions of HIIT cardio on the eliptical and the other days on the stairmaster and a steady rate of 130-160bpm for 30minutes. Never really exeperienced much with the typical walk on the treadmill for 45mins to an hour haha. And just let me know if you have already covered all of this stuff im asking haha, i just didn't want to go back 90pages!!!!

hahah alright i understand completely! Are you a believer in LISS or HIIT types of cardio? As of now im doing 2 sessions of HIIT cardio on the eliptical and the other days on the stairmaster and a steady rate of 130-160bpm for 30minutes. Never really exeperienced much with the typical walk on the treadmill for 45mins to an hour haha. And just let me know if you have already covered all of this stuff im asking haha, i just didn't want to go back 90pages!!!!
    Here where I discussed cardiovascular training in the thread.

Cardiovascular Training

Mass Machine High Intensity Cardiovascular Training

Does high intensity cardiovascular training make you lose muscle mass?

Why, over time, cardiovascular training can actually help you BUILD muscle

Does a lot of sweating mean you had a good cardiovascular training session?

Should I do my cardiovascular training first thing in the morning on an empty stomach to burn more body fat?

Do I risk losing muscle by doing it right after weight training?

How should I schedule my cardiovascular training sessions around my weight training sessions?

=============================================

The good thing is that every few pages, I create a "Best of the Questions and Answers" in ALL of the different aspects of bodybuilding and training--with direct links Click here for the latest updated links.

Click here to order

How to Choose and Use a Mentor to Get You to the Next Level

During this motivational podcast, Skip La Cour helps you get from where you are right now to where you ultimately want to go with your bodybuilding and training efforts.

La Cour identifies the mistakes that many bodybuilders, fitness enthusiasts, and anyone striving to improve the quality of their bodies make with their weight training, cardiovascular training, and eating regimen, and lifestyle organizational habits.

More importantly, the six-time national champion bodybuilder helps you use your mind more effectively to overcome the challenges that are currently standing in your way.

Podcast Time: 14 minutes; 15 seconds

Click here to listen to this podcast

THANKS for Supporting Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition on Bodybuilding.com!

Click here to order

Hi Skip,

What's your opinion on doing back exercises using thumbless grip vs. full grip?

Originally Posted by Samuli View Post
    Hi Skip,

What's your opinion on doing back exercises using thumbless grip vs. full grip?
    I prefer a full grip with wrist straps.

I can put less focus attention and strength on my grip--and put all of that energy into directly stimulating my back muscles.

Once again skip thanks for answering all my questions for me!!!!

mdog546 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mdog546 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mdog546 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mdog546 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mdog546 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mdog546 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mdog546 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mdog546 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mdog546 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mdog546 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mdog546 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Mass Machine Sponsorship?

Skip,

I believe one day I will be a natural world champion. It would be a dream of mine to become a student and representative of your company. What would it take for you to let me become a face or person who represents Mass Machine Nutrition? Tell me what I have to do? Win the Team Universe? Yorton cup? How can I earn your sponsorship? Challenge me and ill show you. Promise.

Corey

Closed Thread
Page 91 of 364 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 191 ... LastLast