Closed Thread
Page 55 of 364 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 10915
    mikess2001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    Let me know if there is anything specific you want addressed (And that includes EVERYONE reading this forum). There may be a lot of information I can help you with that's stored in my brain--but it may be something I don't realize needs to be addressed.
    Hey Skip,

One thing I've always had problems with are when I reach sticking points or training plateaus. Like when im training in the 4-6 rep range and constantly trying to life more and more weights, somtimes I absolutly CAN NOT add any more weight to a particular exercise/body part. Ill train for 4-7 weeks straight on a particular body part and only be able to lift the same amount of weight no matter how much mental intensity and form "value" I use.

Am I still growing and progressing during these periods? It can be mentally crushing when you're going to the gym week in and week out and it seems like you're not getting any stronger. Have you ever experienced this and how did you blast thru these plateaus if any?

Thanks,

Mike

I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mikess2001 View Post
    Hey Skip,

One thing I've always had problems with are when I reach sticking points or training plateaus. Like when im training in the 4-6 rep range and constantly trying to life more and more weights, somtimes I absolutly CAN NOT add any more weight to a particular exercise/body part. Ill train for 4-7 weeks straight on a particular body part and only be able to lift the same amount of weight no matter how much mental intensity and form "value" I use.

Am I still growing and progressing during these periods? It can be mentally crushing when you're going to the gym week in and week out and it seems like you're not getting any stronger. Have you ever experienced this and how did you blast thru these plateaus if any?

Thanks,

Mike
    Excellent question.

If you are continually challenging yourself in the gym, resting and recuperating sufficiently, and eating all of the good, healthy meals you must every day--and doing those things consistently on a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly basis--then YES you are progressing. Trust me on that--even though it doesn't look or feel like it sometimes.

I ask people all the time:

"If there's a God up in heaven and you are consistently training hard and eating right, can you really NOT be making any gains?"

I know the gains in size and strength sometimes don't happen as fast as you'd like--but you are indeed making gains.

Example: My first contest I weighed about 200 pounds at 5'11". My last contest 13 years later I weighed 205 pounds. Mind you, I never stopped training or competing in that time frame. However, the improvements over that time period were MASSIVE.

After initial size gains and weight on the scale, the improvements come in symmetry, density, and muscle maturity--and that's something you can't always see in the mirror as often as you want.

Another thing: Never say to yourself that you can't possibly take anything to a higher level in anything in life (in this case, more weight). Even if that proves to be true later on, never concede to that LIMITING thought process.

You don't know what the future has in store for you. But, if you "predict" your LIMITED future and start believing it, you'll make in come true. Stay open-minded.

I'm not saying you are going to eventually going to go from 100 pounds to 1,000 pounds but you may be able to get to 105 pounds. Maybe because you get mentally tougher or maybe because your technique gets a little better. Who knows?
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Skip La Cour and Tyrus Reed Train Biceps and Abdominals - #12

In this video, Skip La Cour and Tyrus Reed go through a Mass Machine Training Biceps and Abdominals workout.

You can see the all of the videos in this presentation at:

http://www.massmachinenutrition.com/tyrus_reed_journey

]
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

ChrisSierra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisSierra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisSierra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisSierra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisSierra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisSierra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisSierra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisSierra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisSierra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisSierra is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChrisSierra is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    quick question here skip:

i've just finished a 6 week cycle of training and am looking to take all of next week off, then my week back im going to hit it light, after that its an 8 week training cycle. I have a few personal PR's i would like to accomplish in the compound basics.

so my question; when i finish up training blocks, and schedule a week or two off, how should my approach be towards nutrition? Should i simply deduct 200-300 calories each day since i'm not working out? if so which macro's should i be cutting back on?

Originally Posted by ChrisSierra View Post
    quick question here skip:

i've just finished a 6 week cycle of training and am looking to take all of next week off, then my week back im going to hit it light, after that its an 8 week training cycle. I have a few personal PR's i would like to accomplish in the compound basics.

so my question; when i finish up training blocks, and schedule a week or two off, how should my approach be towards nutrition? Should i simply deduct 200-300 calories each day since i'm not working out? if so which macro's should i be cutting back on?
    I believe you can keep your caloric intake exactly the same during your week off from training.

I know that some people say you should deduct the number calories they "estimate" you are not burning due to not training.

In the big picture, that "estimated" 200 to 300 calories isn't going to make a big difference over the course of just five or seven days.

To have my Bodybuilding & Training and Alpha Leadership Tips sent to your email address, sign up for my FREE Weekly Newsletter at

http://www.skiplacour.com/newsletter.

When you sign up for the free weekly newsletter, you can download one (or both) eBooks for doing so. Click the links at the bottom of the sign up page.

More on Goals: Is It a Good Idea For You to Tell Others About Them? - #13

In this video, Skip La Cour follows up with Tyrus Reed on an earlier discussion about goals and the influence other people may have on you when you tell them about yours.

To have my Bodybuilding & Training and Alpha Leadership Tips sent to your email address, sign up for my FREE Weekly Newsletter at

When you sign up for the free weekly newsletter, you can download one (or both) eBooks for doing so. Click the links at the bottom of the sign up page.

juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Skip La Cour and Tyrus Reed Train Biceps and Abdominals - #12

In this video, Skip La Cour and Tyrus Reed go through a Mass Machine Training Biceps and Abdominals workout.

]
    I also notice that I have some sensitivity in my elbows/forearms/wrists when performing heavy bicep curls. Thanks for addressing this issue. One thing I have found that helps is training biceps after back or making sure I do enough warmup/acclimation work before getting into my work sets.

Originally Posted by juan072 View Post
    I also notice that I have some sensitivity in my elbows/forearms/wrists when performing heavy bicep curls. Thanks for addressing this issue. One thing I have found that helps is training biceps after back or making sure I do enough warmup/acclimation work before getting into my work sets.
    I received a couple of emails, so I wanted to clear something up about injuries, pains, discomforts, or whatever they may be in your particular situation.

I'm am NOT instructing everyone to "block out" pain and just work through it. That would be ridiculous.

There are some injuries, pains, and discomforts that you should:

1. Go see a doctor immediately--and stop training altogether until the doctors tells you it's okay to train again.

2. Don't that train that body part for a week or two, let it rest, recover, and heal--then go back into training it again slowly.

3. Train lightly enough to feel the muscle--and avoid any weight that causes pain. (Many times you'll discover that "five pounds heavier" working a particular body part causes pain--but you'll experience NO pain at all just "five pounds lighter.")

4. Some injuries it just doesn't matter--so you can tough it out and work through it with everything you've got. The pain eventually goes away sometime in the future--even with intense training.

Which option should YOU take with your particular injury, pain, or discomfort? Well, that up for YOU to decide. No one else can make that decision for you.

And, whatever decision you make, YOU are the one who must take responsibility for the outcome.

Look, if you go to a doctor, he is going to tell you to STOP training until the pain goes away. Anyone (including me) who would assume responsibility in any way, shape, or form for your health will only tell you to take the SAFEST ROUTE. It would be foolish for them to tell you anything else.

In this case, Tyrus feels working through the discomfort he feels when doing straight bar barbell curls ONLY is the best strategy for him.
    Last edited by skiplacour; 11-08-2010 at 10:39 AM.

RichardSWE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good post Skip.

You could tell Tyrus to use wrist wraps when doing barbell curls, that helps me with my wrist pain, i use it on some triceps exercises aswell with good effect

Originally Posted by RichardSWE View Post
    Good post Skip.

You could tell Tyrus to use wrist wraps when doing barbell curls, that helps me with my wrist pain, i use it on some triceps exercises aswell with good effect
    Thanks, Richard. That seems to be a good option as I have hard that from several people who have the same challenge.

Today's Quote:

"Don't waste your time and energy just 'hoping' your challenges go away. Spend your time and energy becoming a STRONGER MAN who can effectively and efficiently manage any challenge that comes your way. The stronger you become, the more insignificant your challenges appear to you. The stronger you become, the greater quality of life you'll enjoy."

=====================================

For more motivating quotes, bodybuilding tips, articles, and videos, join my ******** page at:

http://www.********.com/#!/pages/Ski...r/113085909587

Visit my website for Bodybuilding and Training Information and Inspiration at http://www.skiplacour.com

Join the Journey, Click, Watch, and Learn. Bookmark this Bodybuilding and Training Video Presentation Series at http://www.massmachinenutrition.com/tyrus_reed_journey

Tyrus Reed - Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition - Progress Photos

Tyrus Reed - 11-9-10
    23 Years old
    6' 220 pounds
    5 Weeks Mass Machine Training
    32 Weeks Before Musclemania Miami, FL

Tyrus Reed - 09-28-10
    Before Mass Machine Training

Follow this brand new bodybuilding and training video series as I coach 23 year-old natural bodybuilder Tyrus Reed.

In this face-paced world we live in today, I understand your time is extremely limited. That's why I created this brand new video series just for YOU.

Now, you can watch and learn from my 20 years of bodybuilding and motivational mastery and coaching as I work with 23 year old natural bodybuilder Tyrus Reed.

One strategy at a time, you will take your own efforts to the next level as you join Tyrus and me on this journey.

Hi Guys...

Here's Tyrus Reed's BodySpace account if you want to link up:

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/tyrus_reed/

juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000)

Tyrus Reed - 11-9-10
    23 Years old
    6' 220 pounds
    5 Weeks Mass Machine Training
    32 Weeks Before Musclemania Miami, FL

Tyrus Reed - 09-28-10
    Before Mass Machine Training

Follow this brand new bodybuilding and training video series as I coach 23 year-old natural bodybuilder Tyrus Reed.

In this face-paced world we live in today, I understand your time is extremely limited. That's why I created this brand new video series just for YOU.

Now, you can watch and learn from my 20 years of bodybuilding and motivational mastery and coaching as I work with 23 year old natural bodybuilder Tyrus Reed.

One strategy at a time, you will take your own efforts to the next level as you join Tyrus and me on this journey.

Great progress. When will Tyrus start the "pre-contest" phase?

Great progress. When will Tyrus start the "pre-contest" phase?
    As I'm sure you are picking up in the video series, we started the mental process right from the start.

As far as really focusing on the specifics of contest preparation, that will start about 14 to 16 weeks out.

As I'm sure you are picking up in the video series, we started the mental process right from the start.

As far as really focusing on the specifics of contest preparation, that will start about 14 to 16 weeks out.
    Great - can't wait to see the final package - the results are already obvious. Having you coach him through the whole process certainly has to be reassuring, as the first time getting that lean is no easy mental or physical task!

Great - can't wait to see the final package - the results are already obvious. Having you coach him through the whole process certainly has to be reassuring, as the first time getting that lean is no easy mental or physical task!
    He's a hardworking kid with a great attitude.

The great thing for everyone following this journey is that I will cover as much information as possible during these short videos over the next six or seven months.

Go here to be notified on all of my bodybuilding updates:

http://www.skiplacour.com/newsletter

Creating STANDARDS High Enough to Reach Your Goals - #14

In this video, Skip La Cour discusses the importance of creating concrete performance standards and then evaluating them on a consistent basis. He then gives both YOU and Tyrus Reed the assignment of creating your own "Top 10 Standards."

Special Saving for Bodybuilding.com Forum Members: Save 20% NOW on all Skip La Cour’s DVDs, eBooks, and Audio Seminar Courses.

Coupon Code: bbcom

Go to: http://skiplacour.com/salespage.htm

Last edited by skiplacour; 11-12-2010 at 12:22 PM.

Today's Quote

Here is some perspective for those of who can never decide on the “right” training routine or eating plan, get impatient, and switch from one to another:

“Have faith in the training or eating strategy that you’ve chosen. You must constantly put 100 percent of your focus and effort into it for a long period of time to earn any real results. You can always change to a different strategy later—but only after you’ve given your current one the best chance to work for you.

On a scale from 1-10 in terms of effectiveness, of course we all only want to invest our time and energy into ’10' strategies.

Although some strategies are better than others, it’s not like one will give you a ‘10’ in terms of results—and all the others will only produce a ‘zero.’
    Think about it.

It’s more like some strategies will be a ‘10’ in terms of effectiveness--and some will be a ‘7’, ‘8’ and ‘9’.

As I stated before, we all want to be using a ‘10’ strategy—but we can still get results with a ‘7’. It happens all the time—so have faith in the direction you’ve chosen.

When or if you change later, you’ll be empowered with REAL perspective an experience—rather than just theory.”

Special Saving for Bodybuilding.com Forum Members: Save 20% NOW on all Skip La Cour’s DVDs, eBooks, and Audio Seminar Courses.

Skip La Cour's Audio Coaching Clip of the Week - #1

[i]In this audio coaching clip, Skip La Cour explains why you accomplish more with less training volume.[/b]

There are 175 posts on my BodyBlog account.

Training, nutrition, motivation, contest preparation, the business of bodybuilding and fitness and more are all on this one condensed section;

http://blog.bodybuilding.com/skiplacour

Skip La Cour's Audio Coaching Clip of the Week - #2

When you take full responsibility for your success and failure, you'll enjoy the bodybuilding and training process at a greater level.

Last edited by skiplacour; 11-18-2010 at 07:41 AM.

Tyrus Reed Creates His Training Standards (Part One) - #15

PART ONE: In this video, Skip La Cour coaches Tyrus Reed into creating training standards than will be high enough for him to achieve his ambitious goals. Go through this exercise too and set yourself up for training success.

Tyrus Reed Creates His Training Standards (Part Two) - #16

PART TWO: In this video, Skip La Cour coaches Tyrus Reed into creating training standards than will be high enough for him to achieve his ambitious goals. Go through this exercise too and set yourself up for training success.

]
    Last edited by skiplacour; 11-18-2010 at 09:04 PM.

Registered User vinodgopinathan's Avatar
    vinodgopinathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vinodgopinathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vinodgopinathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vinodgopinathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vinodgopinathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vinodgopinathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vinodgopinathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vinodgopinathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vinodgopinathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vinodgopinathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vinodgopinathan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Great to see u

Man,Great to see u here.
    i remember before 7 years i read about you in the flex or Iron man Magazine,i coudnt remember.but i still remember ur name.
    ur Natural bodybuilder right?..
    thank you for message.i will keep in touch.i have many questions for Bodybuilding.

FREE E-BOOK

My bodybuilding and training motivational book, Thinking Big, has helped passionate lifters just like you use the POWER OF THEIR MINDS more effectively to achieve their goals. It has sold thousands of times in over 52 countries around the world since I published it.

This e-book is my free gift to you. I am certain you will take the lessons and apply them to your own successful journey.

Go here to download Thinking Big,

http://www.skiplacour.com/bb_com/thinking_big.pdf

predator145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) predator145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) predator145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) predator145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) predator145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) predator145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) predator145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) predator145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) predator145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) predator145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) predator145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    WOW, thank you Skip !!!

Bodybuilding Contest Preparation SECRETS Blog

Six-Time National Champion Skip La Cour Reveals What It Takes for You to Look Your Best at Contest Time

http://contestprepsecrets.blogspot.com/

"The Working Hard Exercise"

Free 21-page e-book from Skip La Cour

How Do You Know You Are Working Hard Enough To Reach Your Goals?

Go here now to download:

http://www.skiplacour.com/free_worki...d_exercise.pdf

Free 21-page e-book from Skip La Cour

How Do You Know You Are Working Hard Enough To Reach Your Goals?

Go here now to download:

http://www.skiplacour.com/free_worki...d_exercise.pdf
    Skip,

Thanks for this and the Thinking Big e-book. All great information.

Jim

Closed Thread
Page 55 of 364 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 ... LastLast