Closed Thread
Page 51 of 364 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 10915
    I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    9-5-10 Podcast (33 minutes)

"The Basics Work: Don't Distract Yourself By Always Looking for New, Brilliant Strategies"

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/skiplac...ing-training-s

Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Today's Quote:

"People set their goals in life based on what they believe about their own ABILITIES. How HIGHLY do you think of YOUR abilities? Think about that LONG and HARD when you decide what's 'possible' or 'impossible.' You are making a statement about YOURSELF--NOT the GOAL. Everyone else already knows this ABOUT YOU. YOU must finally realize it too. So, do you really think that goal you can't seem to reach YET is impossible?"

For more motivating quotes, bodybuilding tips, articles, and videos, join my ******** page at:

http://www.********.com/#!/pages/Ski...r/113085909587

Visit my Bodybuilding and Training website at http://www.skiplacour.com

Visit my Mass Machine Nutrition - Supplements/Sports Nutrition website at http://www.massmachinenutrition.com[/QUOTE]
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

I found this old video clip in my computer and wanted to share it with you.

The Great Kai Greene in 1999 weighing about 200 pounds (11 years later and over 70 lean pounds better!)

For more motivating quotes, bodybuilding tips, articles, and videos, join my ******** page at:

Visit my Bodybuilding and Training website at:

http://www.skiplacour.com

Visit my Mass Machine Nutrition - Supplements/Sports Nutrition website at:

http://www.massmachinenutrition.com

ChadSexton80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadSexton80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadSexton80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadSexton80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadSexton80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadSexton80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadSexton80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadSexton80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadSexton80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadSexton80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChadSexton80 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^ wow. you looked PEELED...as did Kai.. fantastic physiques.
    Last edited by ChadSexton80; 09-08-2010 at 03:02 PM.

Document Your Training Performance

Document Your Training Performance and Launch Yourself to a Higher Level (Download free pdf files)

By Skip La Cour

Documenting your training performance during every workout is an extremely effective strategy that will produce significant results over time.

Your mind is your most valuable training tool by far. Documenting what you do helps you harness the tremendous power of your mind. Assessing what you do in the gym helps you set and achieve higher goals. Seeing what you’ve done before you begin each set forces you to strive for more.

Many bodybuilders make blind “guesses” at how productive they should be during each workout. They don’t use their already established patterns to set standards and strive to take them up a few notches. Don't make these same mistakes.

You must always strive for improvement in the gym. Progressive, incremental improvements that are accomplished over time will make your bodybuilding and training efforts a more productive and enjoyable experience in the long run.

Here's a very important point: Writing down what you’ve done in the gym isn’t just an exercise in recordkeeping.

You want to take a look at you past performance before you begin each set. That way, you’ll know exactly what you need to do make incremental improvements. From week to week, you won’t have to guess how much weight you lifted and how many repetitions you were able to perform during a certain exercise. You’ll be able to start each new workout at a higher level.

Evaluate the overall performance of each workout immediately afterwards too. Every workout can set the stage to make your next one even better. While it’s still fresh in your mind, take one or two minutes to assess your training performance. You want to reinforce what you’ve done well so you’ll repeat those things you’ve singled out—and curtail what didn’t go well before you’ve established bad habits.

We all have different ideas of what makes a workout good, bad, or somewhere in between. Well? How did you do? Whatever you have identified is most important to you when training, evaluate how close you actually came to accomplishing your objectives. Make a point to make this assessment before you take even one step outside of the gym.

==========================================

You can see how I outline and record my progress. Download my current training routine (10 weeks) by clicking here:

http://www.skiplacour.com/mmt/routine_1.pdf

Download a BLANK training routine sheet (10 weeks) to fill in with your own by clicking here:

http://www.skiplacour.com/mmt/blank.pdf

Don't forget to do the same with your cardiovascular training! Download a BLANK cardiovascular training sheet (1 month) to fill in with your own by clicking here:

http://www.skiplacour.com/mmt/cardio_log.pdf

==========================================

Last edited by skiplacour; 09-09-2010 at 01:50 PM.

Here's my current EATING and SUPPLEMENTATION program and schedule.

Feel free to ask any questions you have about the food choices and/or their timing during the day.

http://www.massmachinenutrition.com/program

BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    9-5-10 Podcast (33 minutes)

"The Basics Work: Don't Distract Yourself By Always Looking for New, Brilliant Strategies"

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/skiplac...ing-training-s

Listened to this. Good, until the part about meals. The multiple meals part is wrong. You don't have to eat 5+ meals to gain muscle or lose fat (whichever your trying to do). With all do respect Skip, eating multiple meals DOES work for gaining size, but its not the be all and end all of eating for results. Its about calories in vs calories out. I eat about 5 meals a day, but thats because it works best for me. It would be very hard to eat 3000-4000 cals a day in only 3 meals, thats why I split my meals up.

Eating multiple meals doesn't speed your metabolism up. Food is burned by the thermic effect of food, which is 10% of however much you eat, so its going to be the same regardless of how you split your meals up. Eating multiple meals can also help you better manage hunger.

The top pros are huge, they eat tons of food a day, there is no way that they can eat 5000 cals of good quality food in 1 or 2 sittings.

In the end its about calories in vs calories out. If your undereating in your 6 meals a day, your not going to grow, not matter what.

Skip, I'm not saying 5+ meals doesn't work, just saying there are alternatives that work

And since when was science totally wrong? We believe science sometimes but ignore it when it doesn't say what we want it to.

You sure could indeed eat all of your 4000 calories in one meal. Have you watched Man versus Food? LOL If you did, you believe that would NOT affect your body's ability to effectively metabolize food? Interesting. Without going through a lot of work, could you reference that science? Maybe it is the terminology that is different.
    Originally Posted by BEhave View Post
    Listened to this. Good, until the part about meals. The multiple meals part is wrong. You don't have to eat 5+ meals to gain muscle or lose fat (whichever your trying to do). With all do respect Skip, eating multiple meals DOES work for gaining size, but its not the be all and end all of eating for results. Its about calories in vs calories out. I eat about 5 meals a day, but thats because it works best for me. It would be very hard to eat cals a day in only 3 meals, thats why I split my meals up.

Eating multiple meals doesn't speed your metabolism up. Food is burned by the thermic effect of food, which is 10% of however much you eat, so its going to be the same regardless of how you split your meals up. Eating multiple meals can also help you better manage hunger.

The top pros are huge, they eat tons of food a day, there is no way that they can eat 5000 cals of good quality food in 1 or 2 sittings.

In the end its about calories in vs calories out. If your undereating in your 6 meals a day, your not going to grow, not matter what.

Skip, I'm not saying 5+ meals doesn't work, just saying there are alternatives that work

And since when was science totally wrong? We believe science sometimes but ignore it when it doesn't say what we want it to.

BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000)
    You sure could indeed eat all of your 4000 calories in one meal. Have you watched Man versus Food? LOL If you did, you believe that would NOT affect your body's ability to effectively metabolize food? Interesting. Without going through a lot of work, could you reference that science? Maybe it is the terminology that is different.
    Heres a link to a good article on that. It is summarized at the bottom.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/res...ch-review.html

I've seen man vs food, love the show. I was referring to quality food though. Think about yourself eating the same meals that you eat in 5+ meals right now, think about eating that in like 2-3 meals.

Heres a website of a guy whos shredded and strong that has found a way to do intermittent fasting that works well for bodybuilding. Again I like my multiple meals because I feel tired after large meals..

If you have science that says multiple meals really does increase your metabolism, give me the link.

http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html

Heres another link explaining the whole thing

http://www.leangains.com/2008/06/sur...-fat-loss.html

Is that what you consider "science"?

The first one is someone's interpretation of science--which he clearly states:

The take home of this paper should be fairly clear ....

The second guy is selling his books and services:

My name is Martin Berkhan and I work as a nutritional consultant, magazine writer and personal trainer.

I'm not knocking someone's opinion, but you stated there was "science" behind what you say as it were fact--with no room for any other interpretation.

Here's the first thing I found after googling:

You’ve probably heard this advice many times: Eat smaller meals more frequently to lose weight. Unfortunately, science is still split on this issue.
    Last edited by skiplacour; 09-11-2010 at 06:00 PM.

Female Body Sculpter tight booty's Avatar
    tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

I've seen man vs food, love the show. I was referring to quality food though. Think about yourself eating the same meals that you eat in 5+ meals right now, think about eating that in like 2-3 meals.

Heres a website of a guy whos shredded and strong that has found a way to do intermittent fasting that works well for bodybuilding. Again I like my multiple meals because I feel tired after large meals..

If you have science that says multiple meals really does increase your metabolism, give me the link.

You said yourself that you feel tired after eating huge meals. It's a known fact that eating creates a thermongenic effect...thus why breakfast is so important, it kick starts the metabolic rate after a fasting period during the night. So to eat more often would definitley keep the metabolic rate up. That's on the fat loss side of it.

Is that what you consider "science"?

The first one is someone's interpretation of science--which he clearly states:

The take home of this paper should be fairly clear ....

The second guy is selling his books and services:

My name is Martin Berkhan and I work as a nutritional consultant, magazine writer and personal trainer.

I'm not knocking someone's opinion, but you stated there was "science" behind what you say as it were fact--with no room for any other interpretation.

Here's the first thing I found after googling:

You’ve probably heard this advice many times: Eat smaller meals more frequently to lose weight. Unfortunately, science is still split on this issue.
    Ok, thats fair. Its just that in your podcast you made it seem like eating 5+ meals is the only way that works.

Originally Posted by tight booty View Post
    You said yourself that you feel tired after eating huge meals. It's a known fact that eating creates a thermongenic effect...thus why breakfast is so important, it kick starts the metabolic rate after a fasting period during the night. So to eat more often would definitley keep the metabolic rate up. That's on the fat loss side of it.
    Yea I do, its just that what you eat is much more important than how many meals you eat it all in.

Still can't say it boosts your metabolism though, all food has metabolic effect.
    Last edited by BEhave; 09-12-2010 at 04:27 PM.

Is getting stronger Serb-Muscle's Avatar
    Serb-Muscle is just really nice. (+1000) Serb-Muscle is just really nice. (+1000) Serb-Muscle is just really nice. (+1000) Serb-Muscle is just really nice. (+1000) Serb-Muscle is just really nice. (+1000) Serb-Muscle is just really nice. (+1000) Serb-Muscle is just really nice. (+1000) Serb-Muscle is just really nice. (+1000) Serb-Muscle is just really nice. (+1000) Serb-Muscle is just really nice. (+1000) Serb-Muscle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Skip I Have a few questions for you

1. How do you go about improving lacking muscle groups such as biceps, my triceps grow well but my biceps hardly grow and have no peak anything I can do to improve them?
    Im usually doing barbell curls and db curls and some cable stuff.

2. If your sore does it mean your doing it right because sometimes I am sore very rare and usually never

Originally Posted by Serb-Muscle View Post
    Skip I Have a few questions for you

1. How do you go about improving lacking muscle groups such as biceps, my triceps grow well but my biceps hardly grow and have no peak anything I can do to improve them?
    Im usually doing barbell curls and db curls and some cable stuff.
    Most of the time, lagging body parts are do to lack of motivation, genetics, or improper execution of the exercises that target that particular muscle group.

If you are honest with yourself and you already know you aren't "attacking" that body part with as much passion, consistency, and determination as you should, well, you know what to do.

If the lagging body part is due to genetics, all you can is exhaust all other possibilities and do the very best with what you have. An empowering mindset is to ASSUME that it is NOT your genetics--and you indeed have the ability to improve that lagging body part. Right or wrong, you will do everything humanly possible to improve that lagging body part with that winning mindset. You'll give yourself the best chance for success.

I've discovered that many times, lagging body parts (that are within your control to improve) are due to improper execution of the exercises that target the muscle group--despite the person "thinking" they are executing properly.

Just moving the weight from "Point A" to "Point B" and completing the set is a common mistake. The lagging body part is never really trained as thoroughly are the better parts. Make sure you can really FEEL the muscle as you move the weight and directly stimulating the targeted muscle group.

Maximize your exercise execution and get lean enough to see the peak you do have is all you can do to improve the genetic shape of your bicep peaks.

Originally Posted by Serb-Muscle View Post
    2. If your sore does it mean your doing it right because sometimes I am sore very rare and usually never
    Being sore doesn't alway mean you are doing it "right." If you are doing it "right" on a very consistent basis, feeling soreness will be a more difficult feat to achieve.

If you've been doing it "wrong" for months--and then you have a workout that you did it "right" you will feel sore.

In that case, being sore only means you kicked things up a notch from some pretty mediocre sessions. You might have been selling yourself short for so long--you should NOT be happy just because you finally felt sore.

There are more reliable indications that can determine the quality of your workout other than muscle soreness.

http://www.skiplacour.com

mikess2001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    To all the people reading this thread and considering giving the Max-Ot method a try, I would like to share my Max-OT success story. Ive been just a lurker on here for ahwile but felt I needed to sign up and share.

In my personal and humble opinion theres Max-OT training and then theres the "other" weight training methods. And when I say "other" I mean not as effective, not as good, twice as hard, twice as long, etc.

Im 31 years young and have been weight training for YEARS now. I grow up in a household as the youngest of 4 boys and all my older brothers were tough and in shape. I literally have been lifting weights my whole life. I can remember being in our basement with those guys doing dumbell curls when I was like 12 and them telling me what a wimp I was. Later on I played sports and wrestled in high school and really started hitting the weight training hard then. So needless to say I have literally tried every training method out there known to man.

In my early 20's I started to take weight traning very, very seriously. I just have a passion for working out and love it and all its benefits. So one day I happened to stumble upon Skip's site and the Max-OT traning method. At first it seemed too good to be true. These very short training sessions, with low reps and sets got this guy THAT physique? I even kind of chuckled to myself thinking "Cmon now". 6-9 sets per muscle group, 4-6 reps, and once a week! What the heck is going on here. I was used to going to the gym and doing 20 sets of 5 different exercises, supersets, drop sets, etc, etc, etc, etc.

I gave Max-OT a try and I will NEVER work out any other way again. I made phenomenal gains in size and strength. I literally blew up like a balloon and couldnt believe the amount of weight I started moving around after ahwile. Just give it a try and you will never go back. Check out Skips website. There is a truckload of free info on there and the stuff he sells is good too. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel here guys. Have a little faith in my man Skip. Model your training, nutrition, and mind set after him and the gains will come....they will have no choice in the matter.

Also, you want to know something....after some of the grueling weight training ive done in the past, these Max-OT sessions are easy and painfree in comparison. Im here to tell you supersetting leg extensions and then going right into squats is enough to make a grown man cry (and throw up, trust me). There is none of this with Max-OT. No massive Burning, pain, and/or suffering. It just short, powerful, effective, and an explosive way to train.....and fun.

Hey Skip, thanks for your help brother. Keep on keepin' on. Also, Ive read Awaken the Giant Within. Incrediable and life changing no?

Mike

Today's Quote:

"Excellence is a HABIT. This week, slow down a little and make sure you do EVERYTHING 100 percent. All the big things, little things, and everything in between."

=====================================

Visit my Mass Machine Nutrition - Supplements/Sports Nutrition website at http://www.massmachinenutrition.com

a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) a-dog is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    nice.

really liked the link to the nutrition you offered earlier in the thread.

any chance of seeing any new training footage?

Originally Posted by a-dog View Post
    nice.

really liked the link to the nutrition you offered earlier in the thread.

any chance of seeing any new training footage?
    "New" as in footage you haven't seen before? Or, new as in me training last week?
    Last edited by skiplacour; 09-14-2010 at 01:15 PM.

Today's Quote:

“Everything is hard before it is easy.”

--German Philosopher Johann Wolfgang v. Goethe

Visit my Mass Machine Nutrition - Supplements/Sports Nutrition website at http://www.massmachinenutrition.com

This Week's New Articles Posted on MassMachineNutrition.com

"Just ONE new strategy; ONE new distinction; or ONE new way of looking at the same old challenge you’ve been facing could very well be all it takes to FINALLY get to the next level. Where will you find the ONE that does it for you? When will it appear? Are you actively looking for it? And, who will be the TEACHER who delivers it?" --Skip La Cour

Who knows? It could be right HERE right NOW.

Training

Training INTENSITY: Defined

http://www.massmachinenutrition.com/node/48

Nutrition

There’s No Substitute for Hard Work When It Comes To Losing Body Fat

http://www.massmachinenutrition.com/node/47

Sports Nutrition / Supplements

REAL Physical Development. REAL Sports Nutrition.

http://www.massmachinenutrition.com/node/52

Motivation / Mental Strategies

Your Mindset and Work Ethic Will Determine What You Can Accomplish With Your Physique

http://www.massmachinenutrition.com/node/49

This Week's New Articles Posted on MassMachineNutrition.com

Bodybuilding Contest Preparation

Dealing With the Uncertainty of Contest Preparation

http://www.massmachinenutrition.com/node/50

The Business of Bodybuilding & Fitness

What Are The Special Gifts You Bring To The Bodybuilding And Fitness World?

http://www.massmachinenutrition.com/node/51

Podcasts

Skip La Cour's MASS MACHINE® Bodybuilding & Training Talk Radio Show

09-12-10 - "The POWER of Setting Weekly Bodybuilding and Training Goals"

http://www.massmachinenutrition.com/node/41

MANformation® ALPHA EDGE® Talk Radio Show

09-12-10 - "Take the Time to Think About How You Are Presenting Yourself to the World"

http://www.massmachinenutrition.com/node/42/

Video Presentations

Bodybuilding & Training

<i>Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Training - Chest and Abdominals Workout</i>

http://www.massmachinenutrition.com/node/46

"You must DIFFERENTIATE yourself from the rest to succeed at your job or in business. Reality TV, YouTube, and ******** have forever changed the way we think. Attention spans are at ZERO. Grow a pair and stand out—with no concern of the opinions of others. BOLDNESS is rewarded. MEEKNESS is for monks. Trust me. Snooki and 'The Situation' are the result of well-crafted, focused, long range planning."

"You must DIFFERENTIATE yourself from the rest to succeed at your job or in business. Reality TV, YouTube, and ******** have forever changed the way we think. Attention spans are at ZERO. Grow a pair and stand out—with no concern of the opinions of others. BOLDNESS is rewarded. MEEKNESS is for monks. Trust me. Snooki and 'The Situation' are the result of well-crafted, focused, long range planning."
    Damn thats deep (seriously)

Hey Skip,

I have a question about nutrition. Could you go into detail a little about the different types of carbs and how it relates to proper nutrition and training.etc. Im totally lost.

For instance, I know potatoes rice, and beans are complex carbs that burn more slowly so should I be eating less of them or eating them earlier in the day or something? And are fruits and vegtables the same types of carbs? Im just kinda lost when it comes to how much I should be eating, etc, etc.

I work a desk job so apart from my training im pretty much sitting on my keister, so im thinking maybe im eating too many carbs.

Thanks!

Also, what kind of butter (or substitute) do you use?

Originally Posted by mikess2001 View Post
    Hey Skip,

I have a question about nutrition. Could you go into detail a little about the different types of carbs and how it relates to proper nutrition and training.etc. Im totally lost.

For instance, I know potatoes rice, and beans are complex carbs that burn more slowly so should I be eating less of them or eating them earlier in the day or something? And are fruits and vegtables the same types of carbs? Im just kinda lost when it comes to how much I should be eating, etc, etc.

I work a desk job so apart from my training im pretty much sitting on my keister, so im thinking maybe im eating too many carbs.

Thanks!

Also, what kind of butter (or substitute) do you use?
    Mike:

Those are good questions. To save a lot of time and mostly unnecessary confusion, I like to get an idea of what a person's bodybuilding lifestyle goals are--and then design my answers accordingly to get the the best results.

There's no point in someone giving you the detailed "science" behind anything if you are going to get even more confused when that "science" is challenged (which it will LOL).

And, you may not be motivated to follow thorough with nutritional plans that are too complicated.

A competitive bodybuilder and a man just trying to put on a little muscle and lose a little body fat won't want to take the same approach (Although the regular guy could get results from the intricate competitive bodybuilder's diet--but most likely won't follow through).
    Last edited by skiplacour; 09-20-2010 at 02:29 PM.

There's no point and someone giving you the detailed "science" behind anything if you are going to get even more confused when that "science" is challenged (which it will LOL).
    Nooooo.....not on these forums.

Im doing the Max-OT as hard as mentally and physically as I can muster and I do HIIT cardio 2-3 times a week. Im not trying to be a professional or any level like that, I just want to take myself to its genetic physical peak. (I actually LOVE hittin' the weights...im a sick human, lol.)

My main concern is not to "Ruin" all the hard work im doing by eating too many carbs or something and getting belly fat. Thats the main thing im trying to avoid being in my early 30's now. Honestly Skip, the nutrition aspect is my least favorite part about this awesome activity. I just want keep the eating part really simple, easy, and effective. You tell me what kind of carbs and portions are the best and at what times and ill do it...period. I trust you and im not interested in debating "science".

Also, thanks for answering my questions buddy. Its kinda cool cuz you have been my weight lifting role model (coach) for years and now im chatting it up on the interwebz with you....technology is great!

Today's Quote:

"If you think successful people; famous people; people whose names you know; people you talk about just 'showed up' somewhere one day and 'the powers that be' decided to make them successful and famous, you need to think again. They are doing some things much differently than you--and you must find out what they are. Don't make the mistake many struggling people do and ASSUME they just got 'lucky' and you didn't."

Originally Posted by mikess2001 View Post
    Nooooo.....not on these forums.

Im doing the Max-OT as hard as mentally and physically as I can muster and I do HIIT cardio 2-3 times a week. Im not trying to be a professional or any level like that, I just want to take myself to its genetic physical peak. (I actually LOVE hittin' the weights...im a sick human, lol.)

My main concern is not to "Ruin" all the hard work im doing by eating too many carbs or something and getting belly fat. Thats the main thing im trying to avoid being in my early 30's now. Honestly Skip, the nutrition aspect is my least favorite part about this awesome activity. I just want keep the eating part really simple, easy, and effective. You tell me what kind of carbs and portions are the best and at what times and ill do it...period. I trust you and im not interested in debating "science".

Also, thanks for answering my questions buddy. Its kinda cool cuz you have been my weight lifting role model (coach) for years and now im chatting it up on the interwebz with you....technology is great!
    You're not alone when claiming that "the nutrition aspect is my least favorite part." That's most people challenge. Big props to you for taking responsibility. Many lifters want to keep minimizing its importance, rationalize what they are doing is "good enough" (but it's not even close), and then complain when they don't look the way they think they "should" look.

For person in your position, a good read is "The Zone Diet." You can add more muscle-building strategic eating to those principles.

SIMPLE LOOK AT CARBS

Basically, I would avoid starchy carbohydrates all day long--except for about 2 to 3 hours after your workout. Limit them to what your body needs--not what makes you feel good.

Simple carbs (sugars) should be limited to immediately before, maybe during, and immediately after your workout. This strategy is not agreed upon by all. And, I'm starting to question it's importance in the grand scheme of things for several reasons.

The rest of your day should be filled with vegetable carbs--as much as you want.

Couple of questions skip:

-When bulking up (if you do have a bulking phase), how many calories do you eat a day?

-What do you have to say about forearm building? Mine are terrible and I don't know where to start as far as adding mass to them.

Closed Thread
Page 51 of 364 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast