Closed Thread
Page 4 of 364 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by weltweitefurcht View Post
    Hey Skip

What tips would you suggest to someone trying to build their upper inner pecs? I'm an advanced bodybuilder, that just cant seem to get that upper chest growing. Doing incline dumbell presses first, on chest day hasn't been working much, I do a lot of higher angle cable flyes and dumbell incline flyes too..

This is all just making the middle of the chest bigger. I'm trying to get that crease at the top to fill in. Like my middle and lower chest.

Thanks in advance
    Do the pectoral muscles have seperate upper and inner bands of muscles? Or, is it just one sets of bands?

If you were to look on a muscle chart, do you think they can be isolated with specific training?

http://virtualastronaut.tietronix.co...s/pectoral.gif

Or, do you think the muscles are shape the way the are (note: the different shapes of IFBB pro's chests)--and you just have to make the overall development the best it can be?
    Last edited by skiplacour; 05-10-2008 at 01:47 PM.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm anxiously awaiting your nutrition tips Skip. Hopefully, I will see them up here soon.

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

The MANformation Talk Radio Show

I want to share with you another way to get to "the next level". In this case, it's improving the overall quality of your life.

I do this talk radio show every week that I'm certain many of you will be interested in.

It's called The MANformation Show. It's personal development for men.

Go here and wait for the drop down box. The show will start automatically.

http://www.manformation.com/
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

~Serpent~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Serpent~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Serpent~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Serpent~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Serpent~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Serpent~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Serpent~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Serpent~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Serpent~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Serpent~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Serpent~ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Skip.

Nice to see you here. I know you are the spokesperson for AST and all, so I have to wonder if you are biase in promoting their agenda.

Nonetheless, concerning Max-OT style training: Years ago, I used to train this way, that is, low volume, low rep style. And to be honest, I made the best strength gains, and size as well. BUT the problem with this kind of training is that it wreaks havok on the joints! Eventually I had to stop this kind of training because of the damage it did on my joints, especially rotator cuffs and elbows.

My question is, how long do you think you can continue to only train like this before your joints simply cannot handle it? Have you not had any trouble with your joints, or are you truly a freak of nature?

Originally Posted by PacMan8 View Post
    I'm anxiously awaiting your nutrition tips Skip. Hopefully, I will see them up here soon.

1. Many Bodybuilders Do Not Put A High Enough Priority On Good Eating Habits

You'll witness this problem when bodybuilders put almost all of their focus and effort into the way they train in the gym and very little on the way they eat.

Here's the challenge:

"I don't know why I'm not growing. I train harder than everyone else in my gym. No one works harder than me. Ask anyone! It's frustrating to see people who don't train nearly as hard as I do build more muscular and leaner bodies than mine!"

Do you see people who train like animals in the gym but their physiques simply don't reflect their efforts the way they should?

Solution

When it comes to weight training, they have learned and applied all of the most effective training programs, theories in exercise execution, and repetition range. They even know what the best exercise equipment is and why.

But when it comes to nutrition, they openly admit that they don't know as much as they should. They'll honestly reveal that they don?t even follow through with what they do know. For whatever reasons, they don?t mind being deficient in this critical component of the physique-enhancing process. Is it because they assume they can make up for poor eating habits with superhuman training efforts in the gym? If so, that's an incorrect assumption.

If you want to produce high-quality muscle and maintain lower body fat levels from the time and effort you invest in training, you must feed yourself properly. Your nutritional habits--not how you train in the gym--have the greatest impact on the development of your physique. Many experts feel the way you eat accounts for as much as an astonishing 80 percent of the way you look. From my experiences, this figure is surprising accurate. If you want an impressive muscular body, you are going to have to pay close attention to what you are eating.

In fact, if I was faced with the dilemma of choosing between training or eating properly as my only vehicle to look and feel my very best, I would choose to eat properly. Sound nutrition is that important to your bodybuilding efforts. A heavy emphasis needs to be placed on studying winning nutritional strategies and executing those strategies on a consistent basis.

Skip La Cour?s web site: http://www.skiplacour.com

Sign up for my FREE Weekly E-Mail Newsletter: http://www.skiplacour.com/newsletter

Listen to Skip La Cour's Bodybuilding and Training Talk Radio Show every week at http://www.SkipLaCourRadio.com
    Last edited by skiplacour; 05-10-2008 at 03:23 PM.

Originally Posted by ~Serpent~ View Post
    Hey Skip.

Nice to see you here. I know you are the spokesperson for AST and all, so I have to wonder if you are biase in promoting their agenda.

Nonetheless, concerning Max-OT style training: Years ago, I used to train this way, that is, low volume, low rep style. And to be honest, I made the best strength gains, and size as well. BUT the problem with this kind of training is that it wreaks havok on the joints! Eventually I had to stop this kind of training because of the damage it did on my joints, especially rotator cuffs and elbows.

My question is, how long do you think you can continue to only train like this before your joints simply cannot handle it? Have you not had any trouble with your joints, or are you truly a freak of nature?
    I am indeed biased toward the methods I believe work. I firmly believe in the Max-OT Training principles. I'll always give you all angles as I state my opionions (as I hope is apparent here).

What you need to do is lift as heavy as you can--without causing such damage to your joints. That will be different for all of us.

PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PaC-mAn8 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks for the detailed response Skip.

I dont know..I just feel like I have everything down. Training,rest,nutrition,supplementation..I'm just not consistent. 1 Bad workout ruins the whole week.

I think also because I cheat on weekends..
    Last edited by PacMan8; 05-10-2008 at 02:57 PM.

~Serpent~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Serpent~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Serpent~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Serpent~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Serpent~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Serpent~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Serpent~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Serpent~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Serpent~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Serpent~ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ~Serpent~ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    I am indeed biased toward the methods I believe work. I firmly believe in the Max-OT Training principles. I'll always give you all angles as I state my opionions (as I hope is apparent here).

What you need to do is lift as heavy as you can--without causing such damage to your joints. That will be different for all of us.
    Well that is obvious Skip. Lift as heavy as you can without causing damage to your joints. The thing is, over a long period of time, do you really believe 4-6 reps ALL THE TIME won't inevitably cause damage?

Also do you still always train to failure?

I believe in stimulating not annihalating as well. But no matter how short your workouts, training to failure all the time with 4-6 reps, to me, would be the equivalent of overtraining.

Well that is obvious Skip. Lift as heavy as you can without causing damage to your joints. The thing is, over a long period of time, do you really believe 4-6 reps ALL THE TIME won't inevitably cause damage?

I believe in stimulating not annihalating as well. But no matter how short your workouts, training to failure all the time with 4-6 reps, to me, would be the equivalent of overtraining.
    I think thats why the max-ot program wants a 1 week layoff after every 8 weeks.

weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000) weltweitefurcht is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Do the pectoral muscles have seperate upper and inner bands of muscles? Or, is it just one sets of bands?

If you were to look on a muscle chart, do you think they can be isolated with specific training?

http://virtualastronaut.tietronix.co...s/pectoral.gif

Or, do you think the muscles are shape the way the are (note: the different shapes of IFBB pro's chests)--and you just have to make the overall development the best it can be?

I do understand that, but I have noticed when I touch the upper pec with my other hand, move one arm to test out if i'm properly contracting the inner fibers. I have noticed I am not contracting really at all. Just on the outer side (coincedentally the side that is seeing results) So I thought it was a focus problem and really concentrated on trying to stimulate maximum contraction. It just doesnt seem to happen with these exercises i'm doing unfortunately..

Thanks for your reply
    Last edited by weltweitefurcht; 05-10-2008 at 03:31 PM.

In the terminology that you used here, are "inevitable damage" and "overtraining" the same thing?

Some people might say that any type of training will cause "inevitable damage". I think what you are saying is heavy training all the time will cause inevitable damage? 4 to 6 reps has nothing to do with it because can use light weight and train 4 to 6 reps too. I'm sure you don't think that 4 to 6 reps with light weight will cause damage.

So, it goes back to what I'm saying. If you want to build the most muscle in the shortest period of time, you need to constantly overload the muscle. If you want to "damage control" (in this case literally ), then you shouldn't train as heavily.

You shouldn't train to failure if you think you will get hurt. You shouldn't lift heavy weight if you think you will get hurt.

All people won't inevitably get hurt training to failure or training heavily. Why? Because "failure" and "heavy" are so subjective!

Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Tell me why you WOULDN'T think its effective without a training partner or a spot?

I guess there is really no reason why it wouldn't be effective as long as it was heavy, progressive, hit the intended muscle group and overloaded it and failure was achieved in the desired rep range. I guess I was just overthinking it.

Thanks Skip.
    Last edited by Lowdown5; 05-11-2008 at 07:40 AM.

njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) njmuscle66 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hi Guys:

I'm excited to be on this forum. Let me know how I can help you achieve your bodybuilding and training goals.

As you already know, there are many, many different training, nutrition, and nutritional supplementation strategies out there. There are people out there getting great results with an assortment of different methods. There are many professional bodybuilders on this forum that provide some awesome information. And, there are many other "experts" who claim that their way is the best way.

All of this information--if used properly--can potentially help you take your body to the next level.

What I've discovered after helping thousands of bodybuilders over the years is that your MENTAL APPROACH to the strategy you've chosen is what makes all the difference in the world. Oftentimes, your MINDSET is what will determine what?s going to work?and will not.

Helping you figure out the reasons WHY you do the things you do when it comes to your training, nutrition, and nutritional supplementation habits is what here to help you do most of all.

Your MIND is the powerful training tool you have.

Again, let me know how I can help you achieve your bodybuilding and training goals.

Sign up for my FREE Weekly E-Mail Newsletter: http://www.skiplacour.com/newsletter

Listen to Skip La Cour's Bodybuilding and Training Talk Radio Show every week at http://www.SkipLaCourRadio.com

Welcome to the board. Funny thing is I just last week I started re-reading and working my way through your Think Big book I bought several years ago

Female Body Sculpter tight booty's Avatar
    tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tight booty is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Welcome Skip! You have always been one of my favs!

30/7/66 is just really nice. (+1000) 30/7/66 is just really nice. (+1000) 30/7/66 is just really nice. (+1000) 30/7/66 is just really nice. (+1000) 30/7/66 is just really nice. (+1000) 30/7/66 is just really nice. (+1000) 30/7/66 is just really nice. (+1000) 30/7/66 is just really nice. (+1000) 30/7/66 is just really nice. (+1000) 30/7/66 is just really nice. (+1000) 30/7/66 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi Skip.

I haven't got any questions for you I just want to say thanks for posting on here and helping out all the members with detailed answers.

You're the man!
    No regrets, only lessons learnt.

Bodybuilding and Training Talk Radio Show

I invite everyone to call and let me answer your questions live on my weekly Bodybuilding and Training Talk Radio Show.

It starts in 30 minutes.

http://www.SkipLaCourRadio.com

The Guest call-in number: (347) 326-9145
    Last edited by skiplacour; 05-11-2008 at 06:49 AM.

Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000) Lowdown5 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I invite everyone to call and let me answer your questions live on my weekly Bodybuilding and Training Talk Radio Show.

It starts in 30 minutes.

http://www.SkipLaCourRadio.com

The Guest call-in number: (347) 326-9145

Great show today Skip. I liked the advice about committing to a program for 3 months and leaving the mind uncluttered. I think that is a huge problem I myself have. I over-think things and am always looking for that next great program. I am gonna commit to Max-OT for 90 days and see where it takes me.

Ric_Daddy is just really nice. (+1000) Ric_Daddy is just really nice. (+1000) Ric_Daddy is just really nice. (+1000) Ric_Daddy is just really nice. (+1000) Ric_Daddy is just really nice. (+1000) Ric_Daddy is just really nice. (+1000) Ric_Daddy is just really nice. (+1000) Ric_Daddy is just really nice. (+1000) Ric_Daddy is just really nice. (+1000) Ric_Daddy is just really nice. (+1000) Ric_Daddy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi skip, I think you are a great bodybuilder and it's good to have you on the forum!

I am 5'9, 143lbs with about 14% bodyfat. I have always been skinny and I want to put on some good muscle but I am finding it hard to get my nutrition spot on. What would sort of diet would the best for me to put on lots of muscle without gaining bodyfat? I was thinking around 3000-3500 calories a day with macros of 40% protein, 30% carbs and 30% fats all from foods as clean as possible. Do you think this would work good?

And also, once I've worked out the correct calories and macros I find it hard to make up an actual diet plan. What is the best way to get my diet sorted so I can make optimal gains?

Thanks
    "Love the workout, not the results." - Greg Plitt.

Never give in, Never give up... NEVER BACK DOWN

Originally Posted by richardm80 View Post
    Hi skip, I think you are a great bodybuilder and it's good to have you on the forum!

I am 5'9, 143lbs with about 14% bodyfat. I have always been skinny and I want to put on some good muscle but I am finding it hard to get my nutrition spot on. What would sort of diet would the best for me to put on lots of muscle without gaining bodyfat? I was thinking around 3000-3500 calories a day with macros of 40% protein, 30% carbs and 30% fats all from foods as clean as possible. Do you think this would work good?

And also, once I've worked out the correct calories and macros I find it hard to make up an actual diet plan. What is the best way to get my diet sorted so I can make optimal gains?

Thanks
    Here I go again. I'm answering questions with questions!

Stick with me. I will be able to give a lot more than simplt answers. I'll give you solutions and clarrity that will last a life time.

Have you actually implemented this plan yet?

And, if you have, how long?

Ric_Daddy is just really nice. (+1000) Ric_Daddy is just really nice. (+1000) Ric_Daddy is just really nice. (+1000) Ric_Daddy is just really nice. (+1000) Ric_Daddy is just really nice. (+1000) Ric_Daddy is just really nice. (+1000) Ric_Daddy is just really nice. (+1000) Ric_Daddy is just really nice. (+1000) Ric_Daddy is just really nice. (+1000) Ric_Daddy is just really nice. (+1000) Ric_Daddy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Here I go again. I'm answering questions with questions!

Stick with me. I will be able to give a lot more than simplt answers. I'll give you solutions and clarrity that will last a life time.

Have you actually implemented this plan yet?

And, if you have, how long?
    No I have not implemented it yet. My diet is a bit hap-hazard just now and I have been guessing to be honest. I am finding it hard to get my diet plan together. I don't mind eating the same thing everyday if I can get a diet plan I like. Right now I am just trying to work out what would be best for me and then once I get a good diet plan sorted I will try and stick to it.

Skip..what are your thoughts on carb depleted diets?

Stop Searching for the Perfect Diet!

Originally Posted by richardm80 View Post
    No I have not implemented it yet. My diet is a bit hap-hazard just now and I have been guessing to be honest. I am finding it hard to get my diet plan together. I don't mind eating the same thing everyday if I can get a diet plan I like. Right now I am just trying to work out what would be best for me and then once I get a good diet plan sorted I will try and stick to it.
    Stop Searching for the Perfect Diet!

Choose an Eating Program That Makes Sense and Get to Work

For many of us, learning just how important our nutritional habits are to the way we look usually comes after a period of frustration. We can?t seem to figure out why our bodies don?t look as good in the mirror as we think they should--especially for the amount of time and effort we?ve invested in the gym.

"I work out really hard but I can't seem to pack-on any muscle!" or "I do a lot of cardio but I can't seem to lose this body fat!" are common complaints expressed by many people who are trying to improve their physiques.

One of the first things you begin to understand about training is that, if you don?t back up what you do in the gym with intelligent and consistent eating practices, you will minimize your results. It?s been said that how you eat determines up to 80 percent of the way your body will look. If you want to build muscle and stay lean, you absolutely must follow an effective nutritional plan.

Once we finally do recognize the importance of nutrition, shouldn't we immediately be on the right path toward creating the body we really want? The biggest obstacle that was once standing in the way has now been pushed aside and our frustration is over, right?

Well, not exactly. For many people, their biggest challenge has now just revealed itself! Many people don?t even start eating as well as they could because they have a very difficult time deciding upon the "perfect" diet to help reach their goals. I believe that finding that ?perfect? diet has become a huge distraction that prevents them from fully focusing on and adhering to a nutritional plan.

So what exactly makes up this perfect diet that?s causing many of you to procrastinate? By the perfect diet, I?m referring to an eating program that tastes good, allows plenty of food to be eaten, helps you shed body fat and build muscle--quickly and painlessly.

Also, the perfect diet must not be so strict that you can't go off of it every once in awhile, or whenever you want to for that matter, without impeding your amazing progress. Now, I know that I might be exaggerating a little about how accommodating some people want an effective muscle building, fat-loss diet to be for them--but I'm probably not exaggerating as much as you might think!

I can certainly understand why a person wouldn't want to waste their time and effort following anything less than the ideal eating program. But, the desire to discover a painless alternative to good old fashioned discipline prevents many from getting themselves going in the first place. If you never start eating properly, you can't expect significant results, can you?

Adam Carolla, television comedian and radio talk show host, once said "Everyone is looking for some easy way of eating to lose weight. Look! You're probably going to have to eat some crappy food that you really don?t care for--and eat that way longer than you want! There's no magic secret!'

Can eating properly be that simple--and so difficult at the same time? Many authorities on nutrition, diet gurus and book authors certainly wouldn?t want you to believe that to be true.

Are there some diets that may be more effective at building muscle and losing body fat than others? Sure. Just about any structured diet can be very effective at helping you reach your goals--if you follow the program as it's outlined and do so for an extended period of time. With enough discipline and time, you don't need to know all the intricacies of exact nutrient timing throughout the day, how to manipulate your insulin levels, or even know exactly what type of carbohydrates your body responds to the most effectively.

So, you see, there is a real need for the advice being offered by the nutrition experts--but you need to decide on which one you?re going to follow. With a more empowered mindset and aggressive approach, the job on finding a suitable eating plan should be a lot easier.

Stop postponing your progress! You may just need to jump into an eating regimen that sounds logical to you and give it your full focus and attention. You can always make adjustments after you?ve been on the diet for enough time.

Let's stop pleading ignorance and make things more complicated than they need to be. Let?s make a decision and and get to work! The benefits are waiting for us once we commit to and follow a structured eating plan.

Skip..what are your thoughts on carb depleted diets?
    So, Let me "coach" you though a new way of thinkinbg, okay?

What YOU think about this "carb depleted" diet?

What do you see as the benefits?

What do you see as the possible downsides?

Have you tried it?

If so, what kind of results did you get and long did you try it?

If you have not, why not?

If I said I thought it was "great", would you give it 3 months of 100% of you focus and attention--or are you just seeking more information?

Trust me here. You will learn a LOT from this exercise.

Have you tried it?

If I said I thought it was "great", would you give it 3 months of 100% of you focus and attention--or are you just seeking more information?

I sea what you did there

Gotchya. This goes along well..with your previous post about finding the perfect diet.

You have a very unique and unorthodox way of answering questions Skip..yet they really make ya think.

Thanks Skip, I know you are right. I need to make up my diet plan and follow it for a few months and see what results I get then adjust it from there.

I am really interested in learning more about getting the correct mindset. My self-discipline and dedication is not very good at all. Not just with bodybuilding but with all areas of my life.

I sea what you did there

Gotchya. This goes along well..with your previous post about finding the perfect diet.

You have a very unique and unorthodox way of answering questions Skip..yet they really make ya think.
    Thanks for be a good sport and being so "coach-able".

I want to give you more than just answers. Any answer I give can get get debated over and over again--and where does that leave you? Just more confused!

I want to give you the right mindset to make the best decisions; get to work; and have a point of reference to make better, more thought out; more educated decisions later on.

alero will become famous soon enough. (+50) alero will become famous soon enough. (+50) alero will become famous soon enough. (+50) alero will become famous soon enough. (+50) alero will become famous soon enough. (+50) alero will become famous soon enough. (+50) alero will become famous soon enough. (+50) alero will become famous soon enough. (+50) alero will become famous soon enough. (+50) alero will become famous soon enough. (+50) alero will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Have you tried it?

A great philosophy. In the fast paced world world we live in, everyone is afraid of getting left behind. There is so much "bro science" and so many different strategies being thrown around. They're scared (including myself) of 3 months- or whatever time frame- being wasted on something that doesn't work. Its hard to see the bigger picture and actually see that it isn't wasted time if you learn something.

Skip,

My gym does not have a hyperextension bench, what could be substituted for hyperextensions during Max-OT?

Originally Posted by Lowdown5 View Post
    Skip,

My gym does not have a hyperextension bench, what could be substituted for hyperextensions during Max-OT?
    Good mornings. If that's already in your routine, I'd add two more sets.

Skip La Cour's Talk Radio Show Recaps and Download Links

Hi Guys,

This past weekend's talk radio shows provided even more empowering information and interesting perspectives and opinions from the listeners who called.

They are now available to be downloaded and listened to at your convenience.

Skip La Cour's Bodybuilding and Training Show - This week's show talked about how important of a role good nutrition plays in your training strategies; Max-OT Training; and other questions from around the world were answered.

Go here to download this episode to your computer:

http://skiplacour.com/radio/bb_talk_radio.htm

The MANformation Show - This week's show discussed more of the mindset, body movements, and the social interaction strategies of the most powerful and charismatic Alpha males.

Go here to download this episode to your computer:

http://manformation.com/radio/manfor...talk_radio.htm

Automatically Download Skip La Cour's Talk Radio Shows on Apple's iTunes

Every week, you can have these radio talk shows automatically downloaded to your computer?s iTunes Library. Just open your iTunes Program:

* Go to your iTunes Store

* Click to the Podcast Section

* Then type in "Skip La Cour"

If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me at skip@skiplacour.com.
    Last edited by skiplacour; 05-12-2008 at 01:05 PM.

Closed Thread