Closed Thread
Page 357 of 364 FirstFirst ... 257 307 347 355 356 357 358 359 ... LastLast
Results 10,681 to 10,710 of 10915
    I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

How YOU Will Benefit From The MANformation Movement! – Morning Connection Podcast #236

The MANformation Movement is all about working together and being accountable to each other to become the best versions of ourselves possible.

Better leaders. Better husbands (or work our way toward being a husband, if that’s what you want). Better fathers. Better earners and producers for our families. Better friends. Healthier bodies. Better all around men.

Let’s step into our full blown POWER while will still have full use of our mental and physical POWER. It’s not too late to be great! We have to live with a SENSE OF URGENCY!

To listen to this podcast, click here.

This podcast is also available on iTunes, Stitcher, and BlogTalkRadio.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today.
    Last edited by skiplacour; 04-06-2015 at 06:55 AM.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

“Reverse-Engineer” Your Life – Morning Connection Podcast #237

Don’t overwhelm yourself wondering exactly how you are going to reach your ambitious goals in life. Here are some suggestions on how you can move more freely and smoothly toward what you really want.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click here to order
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

How Did You Come Up With The "Code of Conduct" That You Are Living By? – Morning Connection Podcast #238

Whether you realize it or not, you've come up with a way to act and not act if life. How did you come up with this "code of conduct" that you live by? Was it planned or was it unconsciously formed by both the good and challenging events that you've experienced in your life?

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click here to order

Read Excerpts From My Upcoming Book "It's A Matter Of Trust: Confessions of a Recovering Bodybuilder"

I Did Whatever It Took To Learn From The Very Best–But I Could Have Done An Even Better Job Reaching My Goals In Life

No matter how hard I worked, I still needed more perspective and objectivity when it came to dealing with my own situation and my own challenges.

To read this book excerpt, click here.

Be sure to sign up for book excerpt and book release date updates by clicking here.

Click here to order

What’s Your Definition Of "Happy” And How Did You Come Up With It? – Morning Connection Podcast #239

We do the things we do (and don't do the things we don't do) for a variety of reasons that all boil down to being "happy." What has to happen in order for you to be happy? How much time have you taken to really think about it? What's your target? Are you actively moving toward something meaningful every single day--or are you spending most your time and energy avoiding things in order to be happy?

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click here to order

Here are just some of the many, many valuable lessons that I learned about SUCCESS IN LIFE from the extremely interesting and passionate bodybuilding and fitness personalities who have shared their perspective and strategies on my podcasts.

http://skiplacour.com/series/bodybui...ss-interviews/

WHAT HAVE YOU LEARNED?

Shawn Ray​ - Shawn knew what he was ultimately driving toward in every aspect of his career very early in the journey. This allowed him to capitalize on all of the opportunities that came his way and manufactured others over the years that many people wouldn't even notice.
    http://skiplacour.com/podcast/bb328

Layne Norton​ - Every single one of Layne's goals in life were created from a strong and solid base of VALUES. He is relentless in his pursuit of his goals because of this and he works toward their attainment total congruent and with everything he says and does always being in perfect alignment.

Layne also knows and accepts his weaknesses and is okay with being imperfect--while driving to become better in those areas.
    http://skiplacour.com/podcast/bb327

Nick Wright​ - This young man was bold and confident enough to speak his truth to the world and is now enjoying an amazing life living his DREAM!
    http://skiplacour.com/podcast/bb333

Mike Chang - Mike Chang's Six Pack Shortcuts​ is fearless when taking the risks he needs to take in order to succeed by asking himself "What's the worst thing that could happen?" and usually realizes the downside for going for his goals in reality is minimal.
    http://skiplacour.com/podcast/bb320

Elliott Hulse​ - The Strength Camp owner doesn't just rely on what's going on in his head when evaluating situations in life, he is really in tune to how it feels in his body at the time too.

Elliott has also turned the things about him that made him feel a little odd at one point in his life to the uniqueness that has created his massive following.
    http://skiplacour.com/podcast/bb329

Zack Khan - The namesake of the Zack King Khan Fan Club​ talks about how you need to watch out for yourself in business. He also aggressively sought out the advice of mentors who were great at things we wanted to eventually be great at too.

Zack also gives some great advice for men who think they have to be good looking in order to have a chance with the ladies.
    http://skiplacour.com/podcast/bb332

Aaron Singerman - The CEO of Prime Nutrition​is bold and confident to be transparent enough to reveal the challenges that he has faced in his life and has overcome--and people have found that to be massively inspiring.

Aaron also talks about how you need to go out and physically experience what you want in life--long before you can actually have it in order to eventually make those things a reality.
    http://skiplacour.com/podcast/bb326

Bostin Loyd​ - This young man really doesn't care about what people think. He doesn't just "say" it like a lot of people--he really means it. There are a lot of people who are really inspired by his boldness and confidence--even if the don't agree with what he's saying.

Bostin also has powerful and confident voice qualities and speaking patterns that are much more developed than what you'd think a 21 year old would have.

He is very specific on who he speaks to and strives to help--instead of trying to please everyone.
    http://skiplacour.com/podcast/bb331

John Hansen - The Natural Mr. Olympia has always lived his passion. He also has extremely confident and influential voice qualities and speaking patterns.
    http://skiplacour.com/podcast/bb330

Cliff Wilson - The owner of Team Wilson​ was bold enough to find mentors who were doing what he wanted to eventually do and starting coaching others BEFORE he even did what he was coaching himself. That put the pressure on him to become better at what he was doing very early in the process.

Cliff also makes sure that he doesn't let any challenges that he experienced earlier in his life to affect his present and his future.
    http://skiplacour.com/podcast/bb324

Eric Helms - The 3DMUSCLEJOURNEY​ coach doesn't waste any time working with people who won't live up to his standards which makes his time and energy more directed and focused.
    http://skiplacour.com/podcast/bb318

Jeff Nippard - The The Strength Guys​ coach has created a life where he loves what he does, helps others, and really enjoys the people around him. He doesn't have the extra "drag" of drama or mismanaged conflicts that distract him or cause him unhappiness while working toward his goals.
    http://skiplacour.com/podcast/bb319

Mike Pulcinella - The owner of Mike Pulcinella Video Productions​ is extremely passionate about his journey and really enjoys sharing the life lessons that he's learned along the way to help others.
    http://skiplacour.com/podcast/bb325

Paula Nordin - The Fighter Diet​ creator is totally focused on what she wants in life and refuses to let the thoughts of other people get in the way of what she wants. She is incredibly passionate and committed!
    http://skiplacour.com/podcast/bb322

Click here to order

Dream83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dream83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dream83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dream83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dream83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dream83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dream83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dream83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dream83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dream83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dream83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Flax

Hey Skip,

How many tablespoons of flax seed oil did you take in your off season per day?

Originally Posted by PA2502721 View Post
    Hey Skip,

How many tablespoons of flax seed oil did you take in your off season per day?
    Hi PA2502721.

As many as 5 sometimes. But, of course, it's all a matter of where a person is on their own diet in terms of their calories and macronutrients.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Quantum Tunnel Mafia AdamantiumYoke's Avatar
    AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000) AdamantiumYoke is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey Skip, Do you have any podcast with Dorian Yates or Tom Platz ?
    Honours in Physics
    HIT is the only way
    Chase failure to achieve success
    Team Yates/Cutler/Winklaar
    "Moderation in bodybuilding is a vice."

Originally Posted by AdamantiumYoke View Post
    Hey Skip, Do you have any podcast with Dorian Yates or Tom Platz ?
    I do not, AdamantiumYoke.

At least not yet.

Train Hard. Think Big.

FREE Teleseminar "Top 10 Reasons WHY You Want To Lead Now"

Thursday night's teleseminar is the big launch of the MANformanion Movement.

Thursday, April 30th - 6 pm - You must register - Space is limited.

http://manformation.com/top-10-reasons-why

I'm officially launching The MANformation Movement on Thursday night with a free big kickoff teleseminar "Top 10 Reasons WHY You Want To Lead Now!" and you want to attend.

Here's what you'll learn:

- The Top 10 Most Compelling Reasons WHY You Want To Lead Now

- The Most-Frequently Made Mistakes That Many Men Make That Gives Their Power Away

- Step-By-Step Plan To Get The Very Most From Your FREE MANformation "The Mindset and Actions of a Powerful Alpha Male Leader" Course

- Your Questions Answered

It's this Thursday at 6 pm (Pacific). You'll need to register to be able to get in on the call.

Click here to register for this free teleseminar. You can also watch a video and I'll explain what you'll learn in more detail.
    http://manformation.com/top-10-reasons-why

THE LESSONS I TEACH MY CHILDREN ABOUT BEING A MAN

MANformation Video Series - Lessons I Want To Teach My Children About Being A Man

This is a continuing video series of lessons I teach my son Jayce about life and being a strong man. I also teach my daughter Brooklyn about how a strong, high-quality man thinks and what he actions he takes.

MANformation Lessons I Teach My Son About Being A Man - Which Risks Should You Take In Life?

"The greater the risks you take in life, the greater the rewards" is a popular motivational message. But when do you know if the risks you are taking are smart ones that can launch your life to the next level--or foolish ones that can have a negative impact on you forever?

This is the first in a continuing video series of lessons I teach my son Jayce about life and being a strong man.

MANformation Lessons I Teach My Daughter About Good Men - Listen Carefully To A Man's Expectations

To get the most out of your full talents and abilities, you have to first expect the very best and then give your very best effort to make it happen. If a man tells you that the chances are great that he won't succeed at something before he even tries, believe him. He'll have to be lucky to come through. He is lowering the expectations and basically asking for your permission to fail.

This is the first in a continuing video series of lessons I teach my daughter Brooklyn about how a strong, high-quality man thinks and what he does.

Click here to order
    Last edited by skiplacour; 05-03-2015 at 05:33 PM.

Read Excerpts From My Upcoming Book "It's A Matter Of Trust: Confessions of a Recovering Bodybuilder"

Addicted To Bodybuilding and Fitness? Me? You Must Be Joking!

Even if I was addicted to bodybuilding, that would be an AWESOME thing. I only saw my extreme discipline to bodybuilding and training as a positive aspect of my life and a sign of my tremendous work ethic.

To read this book excerpt, click here.

Be sure to sign up for book excerpt and book release date updates by clicking here.

Click here to order
    Last edited by skiplacour; 05-08-2015 at 01:08 PM.

THE LESSONS I TEACH MY CHILDREN ABOUT BEING A MAN

MANformation Lessons I Teach My Son About Being A Man - Personal Responsibility

You must adopt the belief that the game is always winnable. If you can't get what you want in life, assume that you either don't want it badly enough or you just haven't figure out how to do so yet

This is a continuing video series of lessons I teach my son Jayce about life and being a strong man.

Lessons I Teach My Daughter About Good Men - Money Mindset

The subject of money is a very emotional topic. How a man views money usually has a real impact on the quality of his life.

This is a continuing video series of lessons I teach my daughter Brooklyn about how a strong, high-quality man thinks and what he does.

Click here to order

FREE Teleseminar

The Money and Muscle Mindset: The 7 Biggest Reasons Why Bodybuilders and Fitness People Fail Miserably In The Money Gamer

MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW. Space will be limited.

Date & Time: Thursday, May 21st at 4:00pm Pacific

Go here to sign up.

There will be a Question and Answer Session with me afterward. Be ready with yours.

If you love personal training and helping people meet their fitness goals--but just can't make enough money doing it, then you do NOT want to miss this FREE teleseminar.

It's called The Money and Muscle Mindset:: The 7 Biggest Reasons Why Bodybuilders and Fitness People Fail Miserably In The Money Game.

During this time we'll spend together, I'll share with you the most common disempowering ways of thinking that most bodybuilders and fitness people mistakenly adopt that almost guarantee they'll be FORCED to settle for a career with very little pay.

You'll leave with perspective, objectivity, and enthusiasm to finally get yourself on the right track.

I look forward to meeting with you during this free teleseminar.

Go here to sign up.

Click here to order

7 Tips to Help You Survive the Downtimes and Get Your Training Back on Track

It’s easy to get into the gym and have productive workouts when things are going well. But just how do you get yourself to keep going to the gym when you aren’t motivated? That’s a real challenge.

One way or another, you need to find a way to get yourself through the difficult times. It’s your longevity, simply sticking with your program just a little longer in order to produce the results you want, that’s one of the most important factors necessary for your ultimate success.

If you do anything long enough, the chances that you’ll become very good at what you do increase significantly. It’s the continual stopping and starting of your exercise program that robs you of your progress. In order to do anything well, you need to do it consistently for a long enough period of time to see results. And, the results you will experience after your committed workouts will be a terrific source of motivation that will fuel your continued efforts. The purpose of this article is to give you the motivation to hang in there just a little longer and stick with your training program.

Here are seven tips to help you work your way through the slumps that we all experience at times:

1. Relax! First of all, you need to relax. It’s common for your level of motivation to go through cycles. The mental challenges that come your way are an inevitable part of the process. Almost everyone, even the best examples of health and fitness that you have come to respect have gone through their own ups and downs. What has made them the people who have earned your respect is that they have actually overcome those challenges. You shouldn’t believe for a moment that they haven’t endured the same ones you do. Realize that you will have occasional lapses in motivation, accept them, and then take the steps necessary to gradually increase your desire to train.

2. Resist taking a prolonged break from training. As I mentioned, there will be times when your drive to train is stronger than others. However, I don’t believe that taking a few weeks off because you don’t “feel” like training is a good idea. Unless you have some sort of physical injury or health problem, I wouldn’t recommend taking unscheduled time off. Who knows? You may never feel like coming back after your layoff. I have seen this happen to many once-dedicated people over the years. Even if your motivation is lower than you would like, make the concerted effort to get into the gym and do your best to follow your training program. Put the pressure on yourself to get back on track instead of giving into your whims to take a prolonged break. Putting yourself through this discomfort now will spare you the intense pain of letting yourself down that you’ll probably suffer in the future. Trust me!

I often warn the bodybuilders who I coach not to fall victim to their feelings. Feelings are not reliable indicators for what you should and should not do in any aspect of your life. Your feelings can change a dozen times throughout the course of a week.

Instead, take a scheduled week off from training every seven or eight weeks—even if you don’t feel like taking that time out of the gym. I have found this strategy to be tremendously helpful in keeping my motivation level high and preventing me from mental burnout. At the end of my scheduled week off, I’m typically more ready than ever to get back on my program. My motivation and intensity are high and I’ve had plenty of time to let my mind and body rest.

3. Set Simple Training Goals. Creating a short list of “training disciplines” can be extremely helpful. This list can include a few simple tasks that you’ll focus on during your workouts even when you’re not as motivated as you’d like to be.

Simply getting to the gym on time, completing every one of the exercises and sets that you planned to do when you stepped into the gym, making sure you really focus on the targeted muscle group during every repetition, and completing your training session in an hour are just a few examples of what you can include on your list of simple training goals. You don’t need to be extremely detailed right off the bat, but create some structure to your workout so you feel like you are progressing. As you track to your goals, you will likely continually increase your level of focus and successfully take your efforts to the next level.

This is when discipline becomes important. The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines the word discipline as control gained by enforcing obedience or order. In other words, you sometimes have to do things that you may not necessarily feel like doing for the greater good in the long run.

4. Appreciate what you’ve already accomplished. Look back for a moment. Haven’t you really accomplished a lot more than you may have thought? Aren’t you a lot farther along than you were a year ago today? Wouldn’t it be great to look back in another year and see the continual progress you have made?

What if you wasted an entire year simply because you lost your motivation and strayed away from your plan? Wouldn’t that wasted time feel much worse than if you simply remained committed and worked through the times when your motivation is a bit lower than you would like?

The chances are pretty good that you’ve worked through times like these before. There probably aren’t any good reasons why you won’t successfully pull through these downtimes again.

5. Get in the presence of highly motivated people. Associate with people who are like-minded and appreciate your training objectives. They should be motivated to succeed in life and understand the goals that you are striving towards. Heck! If you’re lucky enough to be invited into their groups, train with those people who are even more driven than you are to help ignite your desire.

6. Reevaluate your priorities. Whether your training is going well or not, you are probably getting what you are focusing on. If you aren’t getting what you want out of your workouts, then you may need to re-evaluate your priorities in your life and dedicate the focus needed to get you where you want to go.

7. Don’t do anything differently. Maybe you shouldn’t do anything differently during these times. Take responsibility for your success or failure. Maybe it’s not the training routine you are using that is the cause of your lack of success. Maybe you need to fortify your efforts with a little more mental muscle.

Just because you have failed in the past does not mean you will fail in the future. Sometimes you should do nothing—except work to increase your focus. Don’t make rash decisions to change your routine, start a new diet or change gyms. Put the pressure on yourself to work through your problems and setbacks in the past—rather than run from them.

Keep working toward what you ultimately want from your training during your more challenging times. I’m certain that one or more of these mental tips will be just what you need to survive the downtimes and get your training back on track.

Train Hard. Think Big

Skip La Cour

Click here to order

10 Tips to Present Yourself as an Outstanding Bodybuilding and Fitness Authority

In any profession, there are effective ways for successful individuals to present themselves. Learning and modeling these traits will give you a better chance to duplicate their success.

Specifically, in the bodybuilding and fitness world, those who have become truly outstanding authorities are few and far between. Because the numbers of exceptional leaders in this industry are so few, it is oftentimes extremely challenging to follow their lead.

For this reason, I will share with you what I have discovered to be the best ways to present yourself as an outstanding bodybuilding and fitness authority.

1. Your primary objective as a bodybuilding and fitness authority is to be an extraordinary provider of information and inspiration - One who can effectively help others achieve THEIR goals.

In order to achieve this ambitious objective, you must consistently conduct yourself as an exceptional coach, teacher, role model, mentor, friend, motivator, philosopher, prodder, and even disciplinarian.

Successfully helping others meet their goals is not about you, what you look like, or what you have accomplished. Your level of success will ultimately be determined by how much value you can add to the lives of others.
    Your number one priority should be to help other people meet their specific bodybuilding and fitness goals and, during the process, enhance the quality of their lives in general.

2. You must clearly define who you are and what you are all about. Be sure to always be yourself.

Charisma is defined as a personal magic of leadership arousing special popular loyalty or enthusiasm for a public figure. It can also be described as a special magnetic charm or appeal.

Charisma is undeniably an admirable quality for anyone to possess—but it becomes a tremendous attribute for a bodybuilding and fitness authority. If at all possible, you should work to develop this extraordinary characteristic.

Charisma is a result of a combination of personality traits. There are many different ways for people to carry themselves in order to set themselves apart as charismatic. You can be assertive or passive, loud or quiet, flamboyant or subdued, trendy or conservative. There is no single way to act that is the right way to act.

What matters most as you strive to present yourself as a bodybuilding and fitness authority is that you are congruent with who YOU are. It is essential for you to be comfortable with yourself. Never try to present yourself as anyone other than the person you truly are. Don't try to be something you are not.

Don't base your credibility on being a presenter of scientific facts if you haven't done the research. Don't push a fitness program that can produce amazing results with very little effort just because you think that's what people want. If you are extremely passionate about coaching others toward competitions, don't focus on helping "couch potatoes" simply because you feel there is a larger market.

People can distinguish the difference between who is sincere and who is not. They instinctively know who is living true to form and who is blowing smoke. Don't ever mistakenly believe you can fool them.

3. Your physique and personality are your very best selling points—not anything you say.

There is an old adage, "People more attention pay to what you do than what you say." Don't ruin your credibility with others by presenting yourself as something you are obviously not. Even though people may never tell you to your face that they think you are misrepresenting yourself, they will eventually know.

In other words, "Walk the Walk" and "Talk the Talk."

4. Never stop striving for a higher level in all facets of being a bodybuilding and fitness authority.

Although it's important for you to be comfortable and confident with what you teach others, you should also continually strive to build on what you know and what you've accomplished.

You can always learn more about training, nutrition, supplementation and motivation. Likewise, you can continue to improve your writing, speaking, web site maintenance, general business, and marketing skills. And your physique can always be taken to a higher level of development.

5. Always treat your profession with respect.

When you treat your chosen profession of bodybuilding and fitness with respect, others will respect what you do.

Don't be afraid to demonstrate your passion and excitement for what you do. Don't be afraid to take what you do seriously. Don't temper the fact that you are dedicated to what you do. People respect those who are passionate, excited, serious, and dedicated about what they do. It only matters that you are outstanding in your chosen field and can produce measurable results.

Always conduct yourself as a successful businessperson. Be thorough in everything you do. Follow through with what you promise. You must PLAN your days, weeks, and months. REVIEW your days, weeks, and months. Set ambitious business goals on a continual basis. Be prepared every time you meet with people to discuss bodybuilding and fitness. Regardless of whether you are getting paid for the information and inspiration you provide others, always act as if you are.

6. Carry yourself with certainty, confidence, and pride at all times—even when you don't necessarily feel certain, confident, and proud.

Always try to act the way you want to feel. The way you carry yourself always follows what you think of yourself at the time. You are always selling yourself when you are a bodybuilding and fitness authority. You are always ON. If your ultimate goal is to eventually become an outstanding bodybuilding and fitness authority, you must present yourself as an outstanding bodybuilding and fitness authority at all times.

Developing the conditioning to present yourself this way may take time and practice. Carrying yourself with certainty, confidence, and pride is an acquired skill developed over time. But just like building up your endurance when doing cardiovascular training, your ability to present yourself in this matter will improve with time. That is, of course, as long as you make it a priority to carry yourself this way and are always conscious about the way you are presenting yourself.

7. Become a strong leader.

The world is looking for leaders. People inherently want to be led. People want to be given structure. They want YOU to line out things for them. People are looking for concrete, black-and-white solutions to their challenges—and they expect you to provide those solutions for them. Step up and tell those people who are asking you for solutions exactly what to do.

Yes, I realize there are many avenues to successfully reach a person's bodybuilding and fitness goals. But, whatever you do, don't give them a list of options and choices. All they want you to do is give ONE you are certain will work!

Choices and options confuse people. They feel you are the expert and should be able to tell them the "right" way to do things. The biggest complaint about the bodybuilding and fitness websites and magazines that I hear from people striving to reach their goals is that too many conflicting opinions, strategies, and philosophies are offered. And even more confusing, is that all of these opinions, strategies, and philosophies, are presented with the same certainty and conviction. If you offer a series of choices and options, you will confuse people just like the websites and magazines often do.

8. Don't be afraid to give away your information freely—especially at the beginning of your journey.

Every time you talk to someone about bodybuilding and fitness, you are developing your skills. You are increasing your value as an authority. You are sharpening your talents. You are building your resume, so to speak.

There is an old saying, "The better you become at what you do, the more you will eventually get paid for what you do." Undoubtedly, you'll be much better at coaching others the 100th and the 1,000th time you explain something than you will be the first or tenth time.

9. You must have exceptional motivational skills to become an outstanding bodybuilding and fitness authority.

The most important and most challenging aspect of being a bodybuilding and fitness authority is motivating others to actually do what they've been instructed to do to reach their goals.

In most cases, it's not the lack of information that prevents people from creating the physiques they desire. It is their inability to follow through with what they have been told is required to reach their goals.

As a bodybuilding and fitness authority, you must help people use the tremendous power of their minds. As they work towards their goal, YOU must develop your skills to push, prod, and influence them to demonstrate mental characteristics such as patience, perspective, consistency, determination, organization, and enthusiasm, just to name a few.

10. Realize the powerful impact you can have on the lives of others.

You can have a profound affect on the lives of others as a bodybuilding and fitness authority. As an outstanding bodybuilding and fitness authority, give people your undivided attention when talking to them in person, on the telephone, or during a seminar. You should make a point to remember people's names. You should get in the habit of shaking people's hands. Better yet, look directly into their eyes when you are shaking their hand.

I can't even begin to tell you the powerful impact the special attention IFBB professional Gary Strydom had on me early in my journey. With less than a year of training under my belt, I took a trip to train at the famous Gold's Gym in Venice , California . Maybe because he saw determination in my eyes or that I was simply in his path of vision, Strydom gave me the "What's up, bro?" look and a wink. I remember it like it was yesterday. If someone as famous as Gary Strydom would take the time to even look at me, I thought, then I must be special!

As an outstanding bodybuilding and fitness authority, you have this very same special power. Realize the opportunity you have with this power and use it to positively impact the lives of others. Harness it! Nurture it! Use it to change people's lives for the better!

Train Hard. Think Big.

Skip La Cour

Click here to order

Interview With IFBB Pro Bodybuilding Legend And Coach CHRIS CORMIER – Bodybuilding And Fitness Podcast #334

IFBB Professional Bodybuilder Chris Cormier talks about his long and successful journey to the top of the pro ranks in depth and with passion. Cormier reminisces about what many consider to be the competitive era of bodybuilding, the 90s. During this podcast, he reveals the detailed strategy that he executed to create his amazingly balanced, muscular, and well-conditioned physique.

The winner of 12 professional bodybuilding shows talks fondly about the mentors he had the privilege to work with as a teenager and the legendary pros and friends he trained side-by-side with such as Shawn Ray, Flex Wheeler, and others during his career. Chris also shares his greatest memories of Lee Haney, Rich Gaspari, and Mike Christian who are the other legends he will share the stage with during an upcoming seminar in Santa Clara, California on June 26th and 27th.

The “Real Deal” also discusses his obsession with helping others succeed in every aspect of bodybuilding and fitness and at every level. You’ll learn if you are a good fit for his Warrior Challenge and other professional physique transformation services.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click here to order
    Last edited by skiplacour; 05-25-2015 at 03:23 PM.

Interview With IFBB Hall Of Fame Pro Bodybuilder FLEX WHEELER – Bodybuilding And Fitness Podcast #335

IFBB Hall of Fame Professional Bodybuilder Flex Wheeler believes that his willingness to be vulnerable and openly share his struggles with the world is sometimes a weakness. However, that didn’t hold him back from telling his compelling life story during this podcast.

Flex talks about some of the very best contest appearances, events and feelings that he experienced as a bodybuilder–and what he’s doing these days as a driven businessman.

Wheeler explains why he feels that the camaraderie, connection, and competitiveness among the Gold’s Gym Venice bodybuilders of the 90s made a much tighter group than the legendary closeness among Arnold Schwarzenegger and the “Pumping Iron” crew back in the 70s. He also reveals who was the real leader of the 90s bodybuilding stars back then. His answer will surprise you.

The bodybuilding legend discusses the challenges he had growing up dealing with the childhood trauma of sexual abuse and low self esteem. He also talks about the suicidal thoughts that’s he’s battled most of his life and how they have only subsided a little over a decade ago.

Not only does he talk in depth about his kidney transplant and the serious health issues that continue to threaten his life, he reveals what really bothers him about what the public thinks about his medical condition.

Flex doesn’t hold back one bit as he tells you what he really thinks about the new breed of YouTube Fitness superstars like C.T. Fletcher, Mike Rashid, and the others (his beliefs about this may surprise you too).

The four-time Arnold Classic champion tells you why family is the most important thing to him and describes the type of people he makes sure he spends the majority of his time with these days.

Visit Flex Wheeler’s website at www.TeamFlexWheeler.com. You can visit him on YouTube too at www.youtube.com/theofficialflexwheeler.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click here to order
    Last edited by skiplacour; 05-28-2015 at 02:50 PM.

LIMITED TIME OFFER

Purchase just $100 of my Mass Machine Nutrition supplements from Bodybuilding.com and get a FREE 45-minute phone coaching session with me.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/…/m…/mas...nutrition.html

Here's what you do (It's really simple):

1. Go to the Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition page on Bodybuilding.com and purchase at least $100 of my "Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition."

2. Email me your receipt at skip@skiplacour.com with your phone number.

3. I will PERSONALLY call you to set up our 45-minute coaching session.

That's it!

You'll will get an audio recording from the time we spent together so you'll continue to learn from it for months into the future.

Hurry! This offer obviously can last long.

I look forward to talking with YOU on the phone soon and helping you get tot the next level!

International customers re included. I have a special phone number in your country that you'll call.

Train Hard. Think Big.

-- Skip La Cour

Click here to order

TVelinov is on a distinguished road. (+10) TVelinov is on a distinguished road. (+10) TVelinov is on a distinguished road. (+10) TVelinov is on a distinguished road. (+10) TVelinov is on a distinguished road. (+10) TVelinov is on a distinguished road. (+10) TVelinov is on a distinguished road. (+10) TVelinov is on a distinguished road. (+10) TVelinov is on a distinguished road. (+10) TVelinov is on a distinguished road. (+10) TVelinov is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey Skip,

what are the best exercises for the outer head of the biceps and are there any exercises that can help people with "short" biceps get their bi's bigger?

Originally Posted by TVelinov View Post
    Hey Skip,

what are the best exercises for the outer head of the biceps and are there any exercises that can help people with "short" biceps get their bi's bigger?
    Hi TVelinov.

The "outer head" that you mentioned . . . I believe that what you are targeting to improve might just be how your muscle is shape.

For all of us, it's all about maximizing what we have in terms of size and shape with the basic exercises--especially with a basic muscle structure like the biceps.

Train Hard. Think Big.

7 Easy-to-Do Tips That Will Immediately Improve the Quality of Your Workouts

The foundation of any extraordinary achievement in life is built upon specific goals and precise deadlines. We all realize that we perform significantly better and produce much better results when we are clear on the goal we are trying to achieve and possess a sense of urgency to complete it. These same qualities that will allow us to prosper in any area of our lives will make us successful with our training efforts as well. Unfortunately, many people don’t bring the same mental strategies that make them outstanding at other things with them into the gym.

Below are seven simple tips that are easy to implement and will quickly help you take your training efforts to a higher level:

1. Enter the gym with a specific plan. You should never take even one step into the gym without knowing exactly what you are going to do during that day’s workout. Resist the temptation to be guided by your feelings or emotions on a particular training day. As you may already realize, your feelings about anything can change every 10 minutes. Come into the gym with a plan-of-attack and be ready to execute that plan the best you can once it’s established.

2. Be at the gym on time and ready to train. Whether or not you have a training partner waiting for you or must squeeze your workout in before doing something else, always designate a specific time that you will start your training session. This is the time that you will actually begin your first warm-up set—not the time you show up at the gym. As you probably know, it’s sometimes easy to procrastinate the start of a particularly challenging workout or get distracted talking to friends. A precise workout always starts will precision timing. Make a deal with yourself to always arrive at the gym at a designated time and be ready to get the job done.

3. Set a time limit for your workout. You’ll move from exercise to exercise smoothly and efficiently when you establish a time frame that you are committed to work within. It will be easier to focus on the matter-at-hand when you only have so much time to do so. Conversations with friends in the gym that can easily wait until after your workout will become few and far between. Make a game out of meeting the time goal that you’ve established. This is just one more simple way to set the stage for a more productive training session.

4. Know what you want to achieve before your hands even touch “metal.” You should always know the minimum number of repetitions you want to do before your hands even touch a barbell, dumbbell, or training machine apparatus. You should also know the minimum number of calories you want to burn and the minimum distance you want to travel before your feet touch the bike pedals or machine floor mat when doing cardiovascular training. Never let your body dictate what you can do when you can use your powerful mind to bolster its performance. Unless, of course, your body wants to do a little better than the specific goals you’ve set.

5. Be sure to feel the muscle or muscle groups that you want to stimulate. It’s easy to get caught up in moving the weight from “Point A” to “Point B” with very little attention given to the targeted muscles or muscle groups being worked. You get what you focus on in the gym and everywhere else in life. By all means, move the heavy weights if you are striving for maximum muscle growth in the shortest period of time. Just make sure you don’t lose sight of the fact that you only want certain muscles to do the work. Your body will instinctively look for the path of least resistance and recruit whatever muscles it can to move the weight from “Point A” to “Point B”—unless you consciously make an effort not to let it do so.

6. Evaluate your performance immediately after your workout. Every workout can set the stage to make your next one even better. While it’s still fresh in your mind, take one or two minutes to assess your training performance. You want to reinforce what you’ve done well so you’ll repeat those things you’ve singled out—and curtail what didn’t go well before you’ve established bad habits. We all have different ideas of what makes a workout good, bad, or somewhere in between. Well? How did you do? Whatever you have identified is most important to you when training, evaluate how close you actually came to accomplishing your objectives. Make a point to make this assessment before you take even one step outside of the gym.

7. Think about your next workout before you leave the gym. There’s no need to get really involved in this particular step but do take the time to think about your next workout. You’ll set your mental “wheels” in motion with a simple preview of what’s to come during your next training session. Trust me. You’ll be astonished with how effectively your subconscious brain will prepare you for your next productive workout over the next day or so—with very little effort on your part. You’ll discover that this tip is a great investment of the last 30 to 60 seconds you spend in the gym.

Specific goals and precise deadlines are the cornerstones to all notable accomplishments. Use these seven easy-to-do mental tricks and you will undoubtedly catapult your training efforts to a new and higher level.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Skip La Cour

Click here to order

Interview With 8-time Mr. Olympia LEE HANEY - Bodybuilding and Fitness Podcast #336

Eight-time Mr. Olympia Lee Haney built one of the most amazing physiques that has ever stepped on stage while being one of the very best role models in the sport at the same time. During this podcast, Lee shares the most memorable moment that he experienced during his long and illustrious career. After listening to this interview and learning about this legend, his answer will not surprise you.
    The IFBB Hall of Fame bodybuilder talks about how building a "solid structure" centered around his family was the most important factor in his success. Haney is a brilliant businessman who was hustling even during his competitive days and he's only ramped things up to higher and more productive levels since his retirement.

Haney fondly reminisces about his very first bodybuilding contest at 16 years of age wearing a newly purchased pair of underwear from the local K-Mart. He also gets deep and reveals his feelings about the possibility of politics interfering with his quest to break the record for the most Mr. Olympia victories that was held by massively popular bodybuilding icon Arnold Schwarzenegger at the time.

Lee talks about current ventures like his personal trainer certification program, nutritional supplement company, Physique and Fitness Games, and real estate interests. He also talks about the many charitable events he is doing now and some that he has done in the past.

The Mr. Olympia explains why his intelligent approach to training helped endure his entire life without a single torn muscle or any other significant injury. Haney talks about his physical and mental transition he's made from one of the very first symmetrical and ripped "mass monsters" to the healthy, injury-free physical specimen that he still is at 55 years old.

Lee tells you exactly what he thinks of the current crop of professional bodybuilders and his best advice to help them succeed at the highest level during this podcast and much more.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click here to order

Consistency!

Wanting To Reach Your Goal Badly Is Just The First Step

Aesthetically pleased fretslayer's Avatar
    fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Great interviews Skip, really enjoyed the Flex Wheeler episode.
    Lee Priest for President

Originally Posted by fretslayer View Post
    Great interviews Skip, really enjoyed the Flex Wheeler episode.
    Thanks for taking the time to write that, fretslayer.

Join me later today for live Questions and Answers on Periscope at 9 am Pacific (Noon Eastern).

Add me now. User name:

skiplacour

Today, I talk about two skills you want to get better and better at: Thinking Big and Reverse-Engineering Your Life

Closed Thread
Page 357 of 364 FirstFirst ... 257 307 347 355 356 357 358 359 ... LastLast