Closed Thread
Page 337 of 364 FirstFirst ... 237 287 327 335 336 337 338 339 347 ... LastLast
Results 10,081 to 10,110 of 10915
    I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    TONIGHT!

Get the PERSONAL ATTENTION You Need To Solve Your Bodybuilding and Training Challenges

Call In and Talk To Me Live!

Call in to the show tonight, talk with me LIVE, and get some coaching. If you can't call in, post your most pressing questions below and I'll do my best to get to them.

Click here to get a reminder email to you when the show begins.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    BRAND NEW PODCAST!

Podcast #92 - April 16, 2014

Recovery Time and Sleep; How To Make It In The Fitness Business; and How To Make Sense Out Of All The Information That's Being Offered – Podcast #92

During this podcast, Mark learns more about balancing his rest and recovery; Andrew was offered effective strategies to be successful in the fitness industry; and James gains a more empowering perspective so he can better deal with all of the bodybuilding and training information that's offered.

Thank you for supporting Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition on Bodybuilding.com.

Click Here to listen and/or download this week's podcast.

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today.
    Last edited by skiplacour; 04-16-2014 at 08:37 PM.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

What's The BIG GOAL You Are Focusing On Right Now? - Morning Connection #140 - More Than Just Muscles

Are you clear on exactly why you are pushing yourself so hard to figure things out? What's the one big goal you are working toward? What are the challenges that are standing in your way and how long have they been stopping you?

Click here to listen to this podcast.

[url="http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mass-machine-nutrition/mass-machine-nutrition.html"]Click here to order

Are the "Rules" You Live By REALLY Rules? - Morning Connection #141 - More Than Just Muscles

It's important for everyone to follow the rules to have any kind of orderly society. Sometimes we hold on too tightly to rules that are merely "suggestions". To make things even more challenging, we often create unnecessary rules that get our way of success and happiness just to have a sense of order in our own minds.

Click here to order

Lose Body Fat - Don't Expect An Ambitious Cardiovascular Training Program Alone to Help You Lose Body Fat!

Doing more and even more intense cardiovascular training is considered by many people to be the best way to lose body fat. In fact, the very first thing that many people do when trying to lose body fat is to pay more attention to cardiovascular training.

There's no doubt that cardiovascular training plays its part in the fat loss process. Burning more calories than you eat each day and creating that very important caloric deficit will be bolstered with a consistent cardio training program.

Cardiovascular training makes you feel productive because you can measure the amount of time and effort you invest in it and the amount of sweat that pours off of your body.

What many people fail to realize is that cardiovascular training is one only part of the equation. They oftentimes put far too much importance on cardio and the part in plays in the fat loss process.

When you want to lose body fat, your diet is significantly more important than cardiovascular training. That calorie deficit can be created more effectively and efficiently through better eating habits than by doing more cardio.

In this video, Skip La Cour discusses these important points that must be considered when you are trying to lose body fat.

Charles956 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Skip, I was recently out of the gym for a month and a half and I just completed my first week back. I train with weights in the gym 3 times a week and run on the treadmill twice a week at home. I took it easy on the weight I lifted this week but I still got sore especially from my legs. What do you think about me running on the treadmill while having sore legs? I want to do my second cardio session like I usually do but I think maybe I should give my legs a break after them having been inactive for some time. Your advice and perspective is appreciated. Thank you!

Also, I wanted to mention I have 2 AOL screen names I use. A new one and one I've had for over a decade. I get junk mail on a regular basis on the old one and I've received a few with the name Skip La Cour in the last couple of weeks.

Originally Posted by Charles956 View Post
    Skip, I was recently out of the gym for a month and a half and I just completed my first week back. I train with weights in the gym 3 times a week and run on the treadmill twice a week at home. I took it easy on the weight I lifted this week but I still got sore especially from my legs. What do you think about me running on the treadmill while having sore legs? I want to do my second cardio session like I usually do but I think maybe I should give my legs a break after them having been inactive for some time. Your advice and perspective is appreciated. Thank you!
    Hi Charles956.

There are a several ways to go about this challenge.

One, you can just not run on sore legs.

Secondly, you can incorporate cardiovascular training that doesn't involve your legs so much (like a recumbent bike). Cardiovascular training's main purpose for most people is for health and burning a few extra calories--so you don't need to run on your sore legs to do that.

And, you can just tough it out and let your body (legs) adapt.

If you don't have access to another form of cardio other than the treadmill, I would would tough it out and let your legs adapt. Because you just got back to your weight training routine, you probably haven't given your body enough to adjust.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Originally Posted by Charles956 View Post
    Also, I wanted to mention I have 2 AOL screen names I use. A new one and one I've had for over a decade. I get junk mail on a regular basis on the old one and I've received a few with the name Skip La Cour in the last couple of weeks.
    I've been working on that with AOL for solutions. I believe that someone got in through and is using that list over a over again.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Are The Rules We Choose To Live By Serving Us? - More Than Just Muscles Podcast #13

During this podcast, Skip and Carrie La Cour talk about the "rules' we all choose to live by. Are they really rules or merely suggestions? Most importantly, are the ones you choose to adopt really serving you well? We also review the "MTC" (Mental Toughness Conditioning) topics that were discussed during this past week's Morning Connection podcasts.

Click here to go to the Mass Machine Nutrition store right here on Bodybuilding.com.

Just How Much Importance Should You Put On Your Weight On The Scale?

In this video, Skip La Cour talks about the importance of knowing the difference between quality muscle mass and your weight on the scale.

Charles956 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    Hi Charles956.

There are a several ways to go about this challenge.

One, you can just not run on sore legs.

Secondly, you can incorporate cardiovascular training that doesn't involve your legs so much (like a recumbent bike). Cardiovascular training's main purpose for most people is for health and burning a few extra calories--so you don't need to run on your sore legs to do that.

And, you can just tough it out and let your body (legs) adapt.

If you don't have access to another form of cardio other than the treadmill, I would would tough it out and let your legs adapt. Because you just got back to your weight training routine, you probably haven't given your body enough to adjust.

Train Hard. Think Big.

I've been working on that with AOL for solutions. I believe that someone got in through and is using that list over a over again.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    I will tough it out!

The Better You Are The More You Have To Offer Others - Morning Connection #142 - More Than Just Muscles

Although giving your insight, time, and energy to other people is a noble intention, you have to know exactly why that's so important to you. During this podcast, Skip La Cour talks about how many people give to others as a deflection and rationalization for not putting the same amount of time and effort into handling their own challenges in life making themselves the very best they can be. Working on yourself and getting your own "stuff" together first will make you more influential and more effective at helping other people.

Click here to order

PODCAST

Are You Going For The Big Win--Or Just Avoiding Loss? - Morning Connection #143 - More Than Just Muscles

Are you REALLY working hard to experience the best things in life--or are you doing everything you can to prevent pain, disappointment, and embarrassment? Sometimes, we allow the painful experiences in our past to influence how we proceed in the future without even realizing it.

Click here to order

Are You Just Going Through Gap Time Before The Payoff? - Morning Connection #144 - More Than Just Muscles

"Gap time" is that period of time when you've been working hard and effectively toward your goals but your efforts just haven't paid off yet. How do you know for sure when you are just going through the "gap time"--or you need to change your entire mindset and approach?

Click here to order

chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have a question. I tried going back some pages to see if it was already covered to avoid the same type of questions. In regards to nutrition, on a caloric deficit, I figured my LBM, RMR & my BF, after all the math was done I came up with 1880.72 daily calories. Now to stay in a progressive burning body fat process and retain as much muscle possible, I am unsure what the macro ratio should be like. I came up with the following:
    Protein: 93.3g= 373.4 cals
    Fat: 62.6g= 564.2 cals
    Carbs: 235.93g= 943.72 cals
    =total calories 1880.72

Is this close to correct on a calorie deficit? Or too little protein? too much fat or too much carbs? I know everyone is different with different goals and different body types. Im 5'6" 144.8lbs 9% wanting to reach 7% bf.
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog."

Originally Posted by chinoxmk22 View Post
    I have a question. I tried going back some pages to see if it was already covered to avoid the same type of questions. In regards to nutrition, on a caloric deficit, I figured my LBM, RMR & my BF, after all the math was done I came up with 1880.72 daily calories. Now to stay in a progressive burning body fat process and retain as much muscle possible, I am unsure what the macro ratio should be like. I came up with the following:
    Protein: 93.3g= 373.4 cals
    Fat: 62.6g= 564.2 cals
    Carbs: 235.93g= 943.72 cals
    =total calories 1880.72

Is this close to correct on a calorie deficit? Or too little protein? too much fat or too much carbs? I know everyone is different with different goals and different body types. Im 5'6" 144.8lbs 9% wanting to reach 7% bf.
    Hi chinoxmk22.

No problem asking any questions you may have--even if they've been asked before. I don't expect anyone to go back though all of these pages and posts.

I wish things we are simple as pulling numbers from generic calculations for a website.

I'll explain what I mean by that in more detail but let me ask you a couple of questions first . . .

How long have you been training in a focused manner?

How long have you been paying closer attention to your diet?

Train Hard. Think Big.

Get My "Thinking Big" Bodybuilding and Training Motivation and Mental Toughness 3-Set Ebook Series
    ABSOLUTELY FREE
    ($54.97 value)

Thinking Big
    Mental Strategies to Take Your Drug-Free Training to a Higher Level of Efficiency!
    Regular Price $14.99 - 165 pages, text only

Thinking Big II:
    Aspiring To A Higher Level Of Bodybuilding Achievement!
    Regular Price $19.99 - 309 pages, text only

Thinking Big:
    The Next Level Workbook
    Regular Price $19.99 - 220 pages, inspirational color pictures included

CLICK HERE to get your 3 ebooks.

Train Hard. Think Big.

chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chinoxmk22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi chinoxmk22.

No problem asking any questions you may have--even if they've been asked before. I don't expect anyone to go back though all of these pages and posts.

I wish things we are simple as pulling numbers from generic calculations for a website.

I'll explain what I mean by that in more detail but let me ask you a couple of questions first . . .

How long have you been training in a focused manner?

How long have you been paying closer attention to your diet?

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Been going for several years now, but on a focused manner and diet I say 1.5 years now. And that is with meal preps and food scales. consistent training.
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog."

Been going for several years now, but on a focused manner and diet I say 1.5 years now. And that is with meal preps and food scales. consistent training.
    How many calories a day would you say you have you been eating on a consistent basis? How long? What have been your macronutrient breakdown in the past?

What kind of results are you getting?

I assume you looking for the "right" calorie deficit is to lose body fat. How much body fat would you say you are trying to lose--and in what time frame are you trying to lose it?

What is you height, weight, and age (not to put those numbers into some calculations but just to give me some idea where you are at now)?

I am 26 years old, currently I weight 144lbs 9%bf. I am 5’6”

I started this process last year In January, I was out of shape, high cholesterol and blood pressure so I got serious about my health and started this process. I made it a goal to go from 14%bf to 10%bf in 12 weeks. By the end of March I had reached 9%bf. Problem is that I was cutting excessive carbs and fats out of my diet, and muscle loss occurred. I was consuming roughly 1700-1750 calories, maybe even less. I learned more about nutrition and started to go up in weight to gain a bit of mass, I got up to a healthy 11.5%bf 160lbs in 6 months, I was consuming 2900cals during that “bulk” process. So this year, I would like to reach 7%bf by July. I started cutting again in February and now im at 9%bf again, but the main problem is that there is a lot of misguidance out there on proper macros. I read things such as 2g of protein per pound of body weight, 0.5g of carb, 0.5g of fats on fat loss. I couldn’t tell you what my macronutrients were in the past because I didn’t really track.

This was the result last year. 162lbs fatty 14%bf, to 137 lean 9%

This is what I looked like after that mass gain.

Sorry for these pics. Not sure if I should be posting them here.

I am 26 years old, currently I weight 144lbs 9%bf. I am 5’6”

I started this process last year In January, I was out of shape, high cholesterol and blood pressure so I got serious about my health and started this process. I made it a goal to go from 14%bf to 10%bf in 12 weeks. By the end of March I had reached 9%bf. Problem is that I was cutting excessive carbs and fats out of my diet, and muscle loss occurred. I was consuming roughly 1700-1750 calories, maybe even less. I learned more about nutrition and started to go up in weight to gain a bit of mass, I got up to a healthy 11.5%bf 160lbs in 6 months, I was consuming 2900cals during that “bulk” process. So this year, I would like to reach 7%bf by July. I started cutting again in February and now im at 9%bf again, but the main problem is that there is a lot of misguidance out there on proper macros. I read things such as 2g of protein per pound of body weight, 0.5g of carb, 0.5g of fats on fat loss. I couldn’t tell you what my macronutrients were in the past because I didn’t really track.

This was the result last year. 162lbs fatty 14%bf, to 137 lean 9%
    Awesome, chinoxmk22.

A couple more questions to help me help you better.

Besides you feeling that you've run into "misguidance", how well did you execute what you KNOW on a scale from 1 to 10? (10 meaning you were perfect so it must be the information you were following).

How far away do you feel you are away from your goal--disregarding the "numbers" like weight and body fat percentage--and tell me more by sight when you look in the mirror?

On a scale from 1 to 10 (10 is exactly where you feel you want to be).

Awesome, chinoxmk22.

A couple more questions to help me help you better.

Besides you feeling that you've run into "misguidance", how well did you execute what you KNOW on a scale from 1 to 10? (10 meaning you were perfect so it must be the information you were following).

How far away do you feel you are away from your goal--disregarding the "numbers" like weight and body fat percentage--and tell me more by sight when you look in the mirror?

On a scale from 1 to 10 (10 is exactly where you feel you want to be).
    on a scale between 1 to 10, I was right on point day in day out. But no one is perfect, so id say 9. At this current time, I say im very near. I can see changes in the mirror. Ab area is the most discouraging area, besides that I feel improvements.

on a scale between 1 to 10, I was right on point day in day out. But no one is perfect, so id say 9. At this current time, I say im very near. I can see changes in the mirror. Ab area is the most discouraging area, besides that I feel improvements.
    I'm still working on getting a handle of what your challenges may be and how I can help you overcome them.

Your follow through sounds great. You've told me you've been at this for a "long" period of time on a consistent basis--but you feel you are seeing improvements.

What do you think is causing the improvements--especially if you've been basically doing the same things for a longer period of time? Is the challenges that the changes aren't coming as quickly as you like them?

Be Prepared For Every Objection That Comes Your Way - Morning Connection #145 - More Than Just Muscles

There's no path you can take in life that will not have some sort of downside. You are going to face "objections" during your journey whether they come from other people or from your own thoughts. The key to developing your own "mental toughness" is being prepared with a clear and thought-out counter argument to every objection that comes your way long before you actually experience it.

Click here to order

Fatassing it to 200. lastlieutenant's Avatar
    lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    From my experience, shorter training sessions, training each body part less frequently, fewer exercises and sets during each workout, fewer reps during each set, heavier weight, all done with the utmost intensity is what [b]builds the most muscle in the shortest period of time
    Looking at this post from 2008 I can most definitely say this is the number one most helpful tip. I've tried every 'mass building, high rep, mid weight, high intensity, high volume' workout plan and I can never match the results from slapping on the lbs and having someone push you to your limits.
    Lift Hard, Eat Hard, Sleep Hard.

MuscleBeats.com - Music. Motivation.

Getting stronger every day.

Originally Posted by lastlieutenant View Post
    Looking at this post from 2008 I can most definitely say this is the number one most helpful tip. I've tried every 'mass building, high rep, mid weight, high intensity, high volume' workout plan and I can never match the results from slapping on the lbs and having someone push you to your limits.
    So true, lastlieutenant!

It's a mental thing just as much as it is a physical one.

Train Hard. Think Big.

TONIGHT!

Get the PERSONAL ATTENTION You Need To Solve Your Bodybuilding and Training Challenges

Call In and Talk To Me Live!

My BODYBUILDING and TRAINING Call-in Coaching and Podcast is LIVE TONIGHT and I want you to join me and have me answer your questions and give you the personal one-on-one coaching you need to breakthrough your challenges.

During last week's podcast, Mark learns more about balancing his rest and recovery; Andrew was offered effective strategies to be successful in the fitness industry; and James gains a more empowering perspective so he can better deal with all of the bodybuilding and training information that's offered. You can [url="http://www.massmachinenutrition.com/podcasts/mmn_bbcom_podcast_92.mp3"]click here to listen to last week's podcast.

NOW IT'S YOUR TURN!

TAKE ACTION, take control of your bodybuilding destiny, and CALL ME during the show.

The phone number to call is (347)326-9145.

Click here to get a reminder email to you when the show begins.

I'm still working on getting a handle of what your challenges may be and how I can help you overcome them.

Your follow through sounds great. You've told me you've been at this for a "long" period of time on a consistent basis--but you feel you are seeing improvements.

What do you think is causing the improvements--especially if you've been basically doing the same things for a longer period of time? Is the challenges that the changes aren't coming as quickly as you like them?
    Honestly, I'd say the diet. As I previously mentioned I changed my diet and track everything I consume. I calculated everything to lean body mass and so far I can see progress within the past 6 weeks I've been cutting weight. My main concern or challenge is burning fat without dipping into muscle loss from the diet. Cardio is very moderate, training is always 100%

BRAND NEW PODCAST!

Podcast #93 - April 23, 2014

Joe Asks How He Can Get His Shoulders To Grow; Skip Talks About the Exclusive "Mass Machine Team" He Is Forming – Podcast #93

During this podcast, Skip La Cour helps Joe find effective "next level" ways to improve his lagging shoulders. Skip also talks about the exclusive "Mass Machine Team" that he is forming and answers questions from social media.

Thank you for supporting Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition on Bodybuilding.com.

Click Here to listen and/or download this week's podcast.

Click here to order
    Last edited by skiplacour; 04-23-2014 at 07:59 PM.

YOUR DAILY DOSE Of "MTC" PODCAST

Planning Without Enough ACTION Misses The Point - Morning Connection #146 - More Than Just Muscles

Without a doubt, taking the time to "sharpen the saw" and really think about your thoughts and actions will make you more effective and efficient as you work toward your goals in life. However, you must make sure that you take enough decisive ACTION--and not become too mentally and emotionally satisfied with the thinking and planning process all by itself. During this podcast, Skip talks about this trap that many people who value "personal development" fall into.

Click here to order
    Last edited by skiplacour; 04-24-2014 at 08:33 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 337 of 364 FirstFirst ... 237 287 327 335 336 337 338 339 347 ... LastLast