Closed Thread
Page 312 of 364 FirstFirst ... 212 262 302 310 311 312 313 314 322 362 ... LastLast
Results 9,331 to 9,360 of 10915
    henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

I will begin reviewing my workouts & rating them against these workout standards or "workout daily disciplines". This is something I had done for the majority of last year & lost focus on it during the last few months; however, I recognize the value in them.

WORKOUT DAILY DISCIPLINES
    1. Wake up every morning with a positive thought in my head & a positive self-image. Rating:
    2. Thank God every day for my life, health, strength, give glory to God. Read morning devotional. Rating:
    3. Get myself physically, emotionally, & psychologically ready for EVERY SINGLE set I perform in the gym. Rating:
    4. Use mental prep sets as needed then begin straight working sets with max weight I can use while still getting reps according to my plan. Rating:
    5. Focus on proper form & execution. Rating:
    6. Constantly CHALLENGE MYSELF to do more. Rating:
    7. Keep focused on my goals by writing it in my workout book every morning before going into the gym. Rating:
    8. Read my “Physique Vision” before going to the gym. Rating:
    9. My mind will ALWAYS lead my body, I will BUCK UP, and act as if those body parts I don't like to train are the ones I love to train more than any other"
    10. Stretch after workouts & focus on healing. Rating:
    11. Ask myself before every set – what do I want out of this set? Rating:
    12. Ask myself after every set, did I get what I wanted out of that set? If not, make adjustments. Rating:
    13. Physically “Approach” each bench, machine, or weight with intent, determination, & confidence. Rating:
    14. Review my workout after each workout. Rating:

Thanks for a great podcast this morning - it was the best on yet & I will be listening to it over again many times.

Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    What's one MAJOR thing you WILL accomplish this week that has been lingering--and you know you absolutely MUST get it done? It can be either inside or outside of the gym.

Commit to finally getting it done right here.

I will ask you this every single week in 2013 and do whatever I can to help you follow through. That's my commitment to YOU.
    Visit:
    http://www.********.com/PositiveEnergy247Fitness
    http://joyhenderson.blogspot.com/
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/HenderJBvisuallinkcom
    http://www.youtube.com/user/positiveenergy247

Ecc 9:10 “Whatever your hands find to do, do it with all your might..”

I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Don't let the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches ruin your Thanksgiving dinner– Morning Connection Podcast #36 (51 minutes)

During this podcast, I talk about my continual struggle to make sure I’m not spending my time doing things that I’ve convinced myself are productive--but really just make me feel good and seem busy. Do you have the same challenge from time to time too?

Spending too much time wrapped up in doing these things will only waste time and curb the “hunger” you need to use the most of your abilities to get what you really want in life.

I appreciate your comments below and your social media likes, shares, and retweets to spread the good word!

Have a great day.

Click here to listen to this podcast.

--Skip La Cour

SUPREME. CLEAN.
    MASS MACHINE NUTRITION

MM1000 Micronized Creatine
    Support muscle strength and muscle stamina
    while increasing blood flow. Supreme Quality. Pure
    Creatine Monohydrate. Awesome Value.
    Click Here to order on Bodybuilding.com
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

FieryTulip is just really nice. (+1000) FieryTulip is just really nice. (+1000) FieryTulip is just really nice. (+1000) FieryTulip is just really nice. (+1000) FieryTulip is just really nice. (+1000) FieryTulip is just really nice. (+1000) FieryTulip is just really nice. (+1000) FieryTulip is just really nice. (+1000) FieryTulip is just really nice. (+1000) FieryTulip is just really nice. (+1000) FieryTulip is just really nice. (+1000)

A few things about fitness people I would have never known without social media – Morning Connection Podcast #33 (39 minutes)

During this podcast, I make some lighthearted observations of the thoughts and actions of some of us involved in fitness (well, somewhat lighthearted).

I appreciate your comments below and your social media likes, shares, and retweets to spread the good word!

Have a great day.

--Skip La Cour

SUPREME. CLEAN.
    MASS MACHINE NUTRITION

Hey Skip.

I listened to this one this morning. Enjoyed it. I giggled often.

Thanks for all you do.
    (formerly known as Deviant Motive)

SpartanByNature has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpartanByNature has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpartanByNature has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpartanByNature has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpartanByNature has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpartanByNature has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpartanByNature has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpartanByNature has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpartanByNature has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpartanByNature has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpartanByNature has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey Skip and everyone!

I have a hygiene question. Do you wash face with a cleanser or just water after workout?

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SpartanByNature View Post
    Hey Skip and everyone!

I have a hygiene question. Do you wash face with a cleanser or just water after workout?
    Just water most of the time.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

The BASICS Work!

How much will cardiovascular training actually help you lose body fat?. . .

Lose Body Fat - Don't Expect An Ambitious Cardio Program Alone to Help You Lose Body Fat!

Doing more and even more intense cardiovascular training is considered by many people to be the best way to lose body fat. In fact, the very first thing that many people do when trying to lose body fat is to pay more attention to cardiovascular training.

There's no doubt that cardiovascular training plays its part in the fat loss process. Burning more calories than you eat each day and creating that very important caloric deficit will be bolstered with a consistent cardio training program.

Cardiovascular training makes you feel productive because you can measure the amount of time and effort you invest in it and the amount of sweat that pours off of your body.

What many people fail to realize is that cardiovascular training is one only part of the equation. They oftentimes put far too much importance on cardio and the part in plays in the fat loss process.

When you want to lose body fat, your diet is significantly more important than cardiovascular training. That calorie deficit can be created more effectively and efficiently through better eating habits than by doing more cardio.

In this video, I discuss these important points that must be considered when you are trying to lose body fat.

SUPREME. CLEAN.
    MASS MACHINE NUTRITION

Maybe you already know why you can't seem to get closer to those goals you say you want – Morning Connection Podcast #37 (35 minutes)

Here are some things to think about when you “say” you really want to accomplish something but just can’t get yourself to make it happen.

Have a great day.

--Skip La Cour

SUPREME. CLEAN.
    MASS MACHINE NUTRITION

By far the best deal I've ever offered!

"Results University" = MANformation (free) = YOU (The Total Package)!

Offer good until Saturday only!

Click Here

derrickd241 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    skip would you ever go so far as to say that eating right getting the right amount of macros grams and percentages is more important than exercising when losing fat and/or gaining muscle by about 90% vs 10% or how would you put that into perspective??

Originally Posted by derrickd241 View Post
    skip would you ever go so far as to say that eating right getting the right amount of macros grams and percentages is more important than exercising when losing fat and/or gaining muscle by about 90% vs 10% or how would you put that into perspective??
    A person can lose body fat focusing primarily on eating well but they'd have a hard time building muscle without some type of resistance training.

I think the percentages are just thrown around to emphasize how important your eating habits are to all those those guys who put a lot of effort into training hard in the gym but little effort into how they eat--yet wonder why they aren't building as much muscle or losing as much body fat as they want.

Everyone has different health, fitness, and bodybuilding goals (Be in shape, look "good", be a bodybuilder, be a champion bodybuilder, etc.). Everyone has to figure out how THEY must train to reach those goals. Everyone has to figure out how THEY must eat to reach those goals.

Then, they must put as close to 100% follow though with what they established they have to do.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Feelings are real but that doesn't mean they are the truth – Morning Connection Podcast #38 (41 minutes)

Take charge of your feelings, thoughts, and emotions instead of waiting for outside in influences to do it for you.

Have a great day.

--Skip La Cour

SUPREME. CLEAN.
    MASS MACHINE NUTRITION

BRAND NEW PODCAST!

Podcast #62 - September 11, 2013

Your Message Board Questions Answered - Your Approach To Eating

Click Here to listen and/or download this week's podcast.

65 minutes

Send me your FEEDBACK about this episode at skip@massmachinenutrition.com

Recover faster from workouts, increase protein synthesis, and rebuild quality muscle with this
    unique and potent 3.5:2:1.5 amino ratio. The succulent Crimson Raspberry flavor tastes awesome!

Click Here to order Mass Machine Nutrition's MM300 BCAA SUPREME on Bodybuilding.com

Why YOU benefit when you appreciate the success of your peers – Morning Connection Podcast #39 (34 minutes)

Have a great day.

--Skip La Cour

SUPREME. CLEAN.
    MASS MACHINE NUTRITION

trikunz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Skip,
    I have been following this thread and your morning podcasts for two weeks now. I would like to say thank you for everthing you do here, it is nice to see people giving back to the community. You have inspired me to finally do something that i wanted to do for a long time and that is to try and do a bodybuilding competition in december of 2015. i have a long way to go and a long road ahead of me this i know. So i have been lifting heaiver than i have ever lifted before, I know you say heavy is all realitive to the person. So for me I say it is heavy but i realize to you or others it might be light. But my question comes into play on the days following my lifting, I usually feel a little sore but still able to do my job and daily activities. The problem seems to come in on day two after lifting, I usually feel sore to the extent last week I could barely walk to the bathroom. This seems to be true for everybody part i train, I usually take a rest day on sunday and one on wednesday because of my schedule. I guess im wondering if this level of being sore is normal as my body adjusts to the workout or if there could be something else wrong, that im not doing or lacking.

Thank you

Originally Posted by trikunz View Post
    Skip,
    I have been following this thread and your morning podcasts for two weeks now. I would like to say thank you for everthing you do here, it is nice to see people giving back to the community.
    Hi trikunz.

Welcome to this thread! And thanks for taking the time to post your nice comments. I really appreciate the kind words.

You have inspired me to finally do something that i wanted to do for a long time and that is to try and do a bodybuilding competition in december of 2015. i have a long way to go and a long road ahead of me this i know.
    That's awesome, brother! Every step along the way, feel free to ask me questions.

I have some advice that comes from my experience and my experience dealing with other people. Shorten your goal date to December of 2014 . . . 1 year and 3 months from now. That shortened deadline with put some additional pressure on you to do everything it takes to succeed day in and day out.

Your mindset and efforts will catapult two fold (at least). There are plenty of contests with first time competitors that have been training less than two years--you just have to find one. Sure, you will be better after 2 years and 3 months--but you are still are going to want to better then too.

Two years is just a tad too long for a person to use their mind to fullest . . . well, at least that's my opinion from what I've witnessed.

So i have been lifting heaiver than i have ever lifted before, I know you say heavy is all realitive to the person. So for me I say it is heavy but i realize to you or others it might be light. But my question comes into play on the days following my lifting, I usually feel a little sore but still able to do my job and daily activities. The problem seems to come in on day two after lifting, I usually feel sore to the extent last week I could barely walk to the bathroom. This seems to be true for everybody part i train, I usually take a rest day on sunday and one on wednesday because of my schedule. I guess im wondering if this level of being sore is normal as my body adjusts to the workout or if there could be something else wrong, that im not doing or lacking.

Thank you
    Totally normal, big guy. I'm assuming you haven't been training all that long at this point.

Your body will get used to all of this "trauma" you are causing with your weight training soon.

Trust me. Within 6 months, you are going to be complaining about why you are NOT feeling sore after your workouts when you are training just as hard if not harder! LOL

Train Hard. Think Big.

Get comfortable with feeling uncomfortable! Get comfortable with feeling uncomfortable! - Morning Connection Podcast #40 (32 minutes)

Have a great day.

--Skip La Cour

SUPREME. CLEAN.
    MASS MACHINE NUTRITION

JaG1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey skip im new to supplements but ive hit a plateau in my weight loss. I was originally 260 pounds and ive droped down to about 200-205 just from exercising. Im planning on joining the navy and i need to lose about 10 more pounds and i havent been able to for a while now. I was wonder if you could recommend me anything that could help me shed the last bit of pounds and fat.

Originally Posted by JaG1992 View Post
    Hey skip im new to supplements but ive hit a plateau in my weight loss. I was originally 260 pounds and ive droped down to about 200-205 just from exercising. Im planning on joining the navy and i need to lose about 10 more pounds and i havent been able to for a while now. I was wonder if you could recommend me anything that could help me shed the last bit of pounds and fat.
    Hi JaG1992.

Wow! That;s impressive, brother. Great job.

I'm wondering how long it took you to lose all of that weight? The last bit of stubborn fat is always the most challenging and you may need to just keep doing what you've been doing for a longer period of time.

You didn't mention anything about your diet. I'm sure that played a factor in addition to just exercising? What was you diet like--and how can you take that up a couple of notches to lose that last 10 pounds?

In my Mass Machine Nutrition supplement line, I have a couple of great products that can help you in your efforts, MM60EFL Energy & Fat Loss and MM180 Physio-Machine SUPREME. Click the links and check them out.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Getting yourself to FOCUS with so many distractions!- Morning Connection Podcast #41 (41 minutes)

Take charge of your feelings, thoughts, and emotions instead of waiting for outside in influences to do it for you.

Have a great day.

--Skip La Cour

Offer good until Saturday only!

Click Here

Four questions to ask yourself if you aren't getting the results you want--and think you are doing everything it takes to succeed - Morning Connection Podcast #42 (47 minutes)

Have a great day.

--Skip La Cour

Click Here
    Last edited by skiplacour; 09-22-2013 at 08:50 AM.

I'm not going to let you forget the goals you set for 2013. . . .

9-22-13

We begin Week #39 of 2013

Sound off MASS MACHINES!

What's one MAJOR thing you WILL accomplish this week that has been lingering--and you know you absolutely MUST get it done? It can be either inside or outside of the gym.

I will ask you this every single week in 2013 and do whatever I can to help you follow through. That's my commitment to YOU.

Click here and SUBSCRIBE so you don't miss out on over
    24 years of experience and insight in emails, blogs, and videos.

Do you use other people and their accomplishments to help you create your own personal standards? - Morning Connection Podcast #43 (38 minutes)

Have a great day.

--Skip La Cour

Click Here
    Last edited by skiplacour; 09-24-2013 at 07:38 AM.

trikunz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

This week

This week I will follow the MASS MACHINE workout to the smallest detail and train harder than I did last week. I loved your sunday morning connection podcast. I am reallly glad I found this thread and found someone in this world that I can relate with, my friends think I train to hard and am obsessed with working out and trying to be better in life. Thanks for another great week of podcasts Skip cant wait for the new podcasts.

This week I will follow the MASS MACHINE workout to the smallest detail and train harder than I did last week. I loved your sunday morning connection podcast. I am reallly glad I found this thread and found someone in this world that I can relate with, my friends think I train to hard and am obsessed with working out and trying to be better in life. Thanks for another great week of podcasts Skip cant wait for the new podcasts.
    Thanks for taking the time to post the kind words, trikunz.

Keep on keepin' on. Let me know how I can help you.

And thanks for supporting Mass Machine Nutrition!

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition right here on Bodybuilding.com today.

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

I will finalize my e-book, "Five Weeks to POSITIVE Results"!
    http://www.joyhenderson.blogspot.com/

Thanks for your awesome one-on-one coaching last year which made this e-book possible!

I'm not going to let you forget the goals you set for 2013. . . .

Sound off MASS MACHINES![/size][/b]

Visit:
    http://www.********.com/PositiveEnergy247Fitness
    http://joyhenderson.blogspot.com/
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/HenderJBvisuallinkcom
    http://www.youtube.com/user/positiveenergy247

Ecc 9:10 “Whatever your hands find to do, do it with all your might..”

Amoney1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Amoney1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Amoney1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Amoney1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Amoney1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Amoney1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Amoney1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Amoney1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Amoney1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Amoney1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Amoney1986 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Skip during your Competitive body building days did you explore any recovery methods such as foam rolling or cold water immersion?
    Your body is your most prized possession.

Originally Posted by Amoney1986 View Post
    Skip during your Competitive body building days did you explore any recovery methods such as foam rolling or cold water immersion?
    I did not, Amoney1986.

I experimented with foam rollers for a little while after competing though. It's definitely isn't going to hurt anything.

How about you? And, if so, how was that for you?

Amoney1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Amoney1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Amoney1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Amoney1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Amoney1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Amoney1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Amoney1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Amoney1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Amoney1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Amoney1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Amoney1986 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I did not, Amoney1986.

I experimented with foam rollers for a little while after competing though. It's definitely isn't going to hurt anything.

How about you? And, if so, how was that for you?
    I do foam roll quite a bit during the week and feel it helps stretch the muscle and recover faster. I take cold showers in the morning and it may help but I know for sure it wakes me up and gets me alert :]
    Your body is your most prized possession.

Webbie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Webbie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Webbie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Webbie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Webbie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Webbie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Webbie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Webbie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Webbie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Webbie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Webbie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey Skip let me say I'm a big fan and you are a big inspiration. I was hoping to get some advice on my nutrition. I realized I need to bulk and eat to get big. But my mindset early on was to cut, I know it shouldn't have been now. But since I've started bulking I've noticed a definite strength gain and much bigger muscles however I have added some fat as well. I know this is inevitable on a bulk but I'm just worried I'm doing something wrong. So I was hoping to get your advice on a review of what I'm doing just to reassure my mind. I'm 6 foot 160 and I'm consuming around 3250 cals a day. I eat around 75 grams of fat from nuts and meats. I eat 275 grams of protein from whey, casein, chicken eggs, fish and other leaner meats. Then I eat around 375 grams of carbs (this is what scares me the most) from whole wheat breads and bagels, oatmeal, all types of rice, vegetables, fruits, and sweet and white potatoes. My question is for a 19 year old bulking while away at school is there anything I should change or any advice you have for someone like me trying to build as much muscle in the leanest way possible especially on my macros and food selections? Thanks I appreciate any advice!

Originally Posted by Webbie93 View Post
    Hey Skip let me say I'm a big fan and you are a big inspiration. I was hoping to get some advice on my nutrition. I realized I need to bulk and eat to get big. But my mindset early on was to cut, I know it shouldn't have been now. But since I've started bulking I've noticed a definite strength gain and much bigger muscles however I have added some fat as well. I know this is inevitable on a bulk but I'm just worried I'm doing something wrong. So I was hoping to get your advice on a review of what I'm doing just to reassure my mind. I'm 6 foot 160 and I'm consuming around 3250 cals a day. I eat around 75 grams of fat from nuts and meats. I eat 275 grams of protein from whey, casein, chicken eggs, fish and other leaner meats. Then I eat around 375 grams of carbs (this is what scares me the most) from whole wheat breads and bagels, oatmeal, all types of rice, vegetables, fruits, and sweet and white potatoes. My question is for a 19 year old bulking while away at school is there anything I should change or any advice you have for someone like me trying to build as much muscle in the leanest way possible especially on my macros and food selections? Thanks I appreciate any advice!
    Hi Webbie93.

Congratulations, big guy. It looks like you have put in a lot of thought and effort into what you are doing. You are far, far ahead of most 19 year olds. From what I've witnessed from people in the past, you will eventually succeed in figuring this all out in a matter of time. Keep on keepin' on.

I can also tell by how much thought that has gone into your questions, you've already read all the different views on these matters from many different people. Am I correct?

And, by that I mean things like surplus, maintenance level, what is the optimal macronutrient requirements (especially like protein and carbs strategies you are implementing and thoughts you are going through), the whole lean vs. gaining fat on your way to building muscle, etc.

You've read it all . . . and now you've come up with this path that you are on. Correct?

If you have specific questions about exactly what you are doing, I can be a lot more helpful to you--instead of just being one more source of debate.

For example: I am eating this much protein. People tell me I don't need that much. What do you think?

I want to stay at 10% body fat and still build muscle, is that possible?

I was "bulking" . . . I was on a "cut" . . . "much bigger muscle" . . . those things that you referenced mean specific things to YOU but I have no idea what they mean.

Everyone has different standards and perspectives. I would need to know about your specific conditions. For example: How long were you on this bulk? 2 days, 2 weeks, 2 months, or 2 years? How long were on on your cut? Hell, how long have you been even at this whole bodybuilding and training thing? LOL

I apologize if that complicates things in your mind but that's what I would need to even begin to give you advice that goes beyond what you already know or could just read from anyone giving wide generalities on the internet.

I can tell you this right now though: Don't be afraid of carbs.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Closed Thread
Page 312 of 364 FirstFirst ... 212 262 302 310 311 312 313 314 322 362 ... LastLast