Closed Thread
Page 304 of 364 FirstFirst ... 204 254 294 302 303 304 305 306 314 354 ... LastLast
Results 9,091 to 9,120 of 10915
    I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by henderjb View Post

Could you repost the link to that podcast so others could benefit that didn't catch it the first time around??
    Simple, Easy-To-Implement Four-Step Daily Success System Guaranteed To Produce Awesome RESULTS in Every Area Of Your Life

Click Here to listen and/or download this week's podcast.

47 minutes
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by juan072 View Post
    Hi Skip,

After you did a contest, how quickly and in what increments would you add back calories to your diet?

Thanks,

Jim
    I just ate, Jim, and I was fine. It didn't require a whole lot of thinking.

I am guessing you are referring to the "metabolic damage" I may have suffered getting into such extreme condition?

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000) juan072 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    I just ate, Jim, and I was fine. It didn't require a whole lot of thinking.

I am guessing you are referring to the "metabolic damage" I may have suffered getting into such extreme condition?

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Thanks, Skip. I've heard "metabolic damage" a lot recently, and I suppose that, from what little I understand about it, this is related.

The reason I ask is that I spent the last 8 weeks dieting down a bit. At this point I've reached my goal and I was curious whether you felt there would be any benefit to adding in calories slowly, let's say over a month, to get back to my mass building level or if I should just go right back to that higher level (I slowly took my Cals down to 3k and usually eat 4k when not trying to get leaner).

I suppose its a small distinction but was curious what you used to do.

Thanks again

Jim

Originally Posted by juan072 View Post
    Thanks, Skip. I've heard "metabolic damage" a lot recently, and I suppose that, from what little I understand about it, this is related.

The reason I ask is that I spent the last 8 weeks dieting down a bit. At this point I've reached my goal and I was curious whether you felt there would be any benefit to adding in calories slowly, let's say over a month, to get back to my mass building level or if I should just go right back to that higher level (I slowly took my Cals down to 3k and usually eat 4k when not trying to get leaner).

I suppose its a small distinction but was curious what you used to do.

Thanks again

Jim
    I understand. Gradually reducing your calories when you are trying to lean out and gradually raising your calories when you are done is always the best approach.

You have to figure what that "right" amount of food is for you to maintain the look you want and eat the most amount of well-balanced calories possible. Raising them gradually--without overshooting is what you should strive to do.

Train Hard. Think Big.

BRAND NEW PODCAST!

Podcast #54 - July 24, 2013

Podcast #54

23 minutes

Send me your FEEDBACK about this episode at skip@massmachinenutrition.com

Promotes increased strength, longer muscle stamina, and increased blood flow. Supreme Quality. Awesome Value. Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition MM1000 Micronized Creatine here on Bodybuilding.com.

PODCAST Worth Listening To

If You Are Determined To SUCCEED with Your Bodybuilding and Training Efforts, Here's How To Get the VERY MOST Out of this Thread

Step-By-Step, Easy-To-Follow GUIDE to End Your Confusion, Frustration, and Overwhelm;
    Help You Start Making REAL Progress; and Have You Totally Enjoying Every Minute of Your Passionate Journey!

This is the BEST 53-Minute Investment of Time You Can Make!

Click Here

Train Hard. Think Big.

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Skip, I always listen to the podcast first thing in the morning on my drive into the gym. Nine times out of 10 they inspire me to be better either in the gym or out of the gym & set the stage for a great day!

This morning was no different as the podcast once again gave me more heart needed to train with enthusiasm & intensity. Heart is like all the other Mass Machine supplements - the best you can get!

Thanks for the shout out in the podcast, here's one out to you for to say thanks for another awesome podcast!

P.S. - placed another supplement order today to renew my supply of MM-300 BCAA Supreme - love the Crimson Raspberry & the solubility!

Podcast #54

Visit:
    http://www.********.com/PositiveEnergy247Fitness
    http://joyhenderson.blogspot.com/
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/HenderJBvisuallinkcom
    http://www.youtube.com/user/positiveenergy247

Ecc 9:10 “Whatever your hands find to do, do it with all your might..”

Get my Thinking Big Bodybuilding and Training Motivational and Mental Toughness
    3-eBook Series ($54.97 Value) for FREE!

Download them today.

Click here

mhanuel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

just want to know your thoughts about HST

Hello Skip,

First of all, I have to thank you for so much valuable information here and in your books.

I haven't had the time to review the 9K posts to see if this question was already addressed, so here is anyway.

So far I think most of your training principles are opposed to HST (Hypertrophy Specific Training) principles. Can you give me your thoughts about it.

Appreciated!

Best,

Originally Posted by mhanuel View Post
    Hello Skip,

First of all, I have to thank you for so much valuable information here and in your books.

I haven't had the time to review the 9K posts to see if this question was already addressed, so here is anyway.

So far I think most of your training principles are opposed to HST (Hypertrophy Specific Training) principles. Can you give me your thoughts about it.

Appreciated!

Best,
    Hi mhanuel.....

Welcome to this thread, brother.

I'm am not all familiar with any of the details about HST training or its creator so I would have to do a lot of research just to make an honest, intelligent comment.

When you say "most" of my training principles are opposed. . . what exactly does that mean to you? 99%/ 75% 50?

I'm assuming you know a lot about HST and a fair amount of my training principles (although you have read the 9K posts . . . which I can certainly understand) . . . but which ones SPECIFICALLY are so different?

Train Hard. Think Big.

My Weekly Newsletter is ONLY for people who like to read. (Of course, the shorter posts and questions answered will continue here.)

This Week: [Your questions answered] 60 lbs. gained naturally BS? Eating well with a family..and more! Click here

Train Hard. Think Big.

I'm not going to let you forget the goals you set for 2013. . . .

7-28-13

We begin Week #31 of 2013

Sound off MASS MACHINES!

What's one MAJOR thing you WILL accomplish this week that has been lingering--and you know you absolutely MUST get it done? It can be either inside or outside of the gym.

Commit to finally getting it done right here.

I will ask you this every single week in 2013 and do whatever I can to help you follow through. That's my commitment to YOU

Shandwerker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Change of Gym

Skip-

I'm in a different gym for the next three weeks, and still have 6 weeks left on my current cycle. I have an epic chest routine going this cycle---care of you, obviously---and it calls for decline barbell bench. I love that exercise, especially as it fits in to this particular routine, and I DON'T WANT TO GIVE IT UP. But there is only 1 gym out here and, alas, no decline bench press.

I don't want to fu*k the whole routine up because i'm having so much fun and getting such sick results.

I don't adapt well to variation like this---I'm type A and everything needs to fit according to my scheme.

After that narcissistic rant, here's the question: What would you do?

Hope you're well,
    SH

CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yo Skip,
    Tried out the new spiked lemonade pre-workout today and had a great workout. You nailed the flavor this time, kinda tasted like an Arnold Palmer.
    I'm gonna use it for a couple more weeks before I post a review, but just wanted to let you know that I like this version a lot.
    Rob

Originally Posted by Shandwerker View Post
    Skip-

I'm in a different gym for the next three weeks, and still have 6 weeks left on my current cycle. I have an epic chest routine going this cycle---care of you, obviously---and it calls for decline barbell bench. I love that exercise, especially as it fits in to this particular routine, and I DON'T WANT TO GIVE IT UP. But there is only 1 gym out here and, alas, no decline bench press.

I don't want to fu*k the whole routine up because i'm having so much fun and getting such sick results.

I don't adapt well to variation like this---I'm type A and everything needs to fit according to my scheme.

After that narcissistic rant, here's the question: What would you do?

Hope you're well,
    SH
    HeyShandwerker . . .

I like you will and determination to get things done on your own terms.

Here are a couple of ideas I came up with:

1. Get a flat bench and prop up the front legs with some 45-pound plates or a step that the ladies use in Step Class. Grab two guys to spot you on each side and do your Decline Bench Press.

2. Use the Smith Machine and the propped up bench.

Of course, both of these won't duplicate the exact conditions you have in your hometown, regular gym--but you are battling to do everything you can to stay consistent.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click here and SUBSCRIBE so you don't miss out on over
    24 years of experience and insight in emails, blogs, and videos.

Originally Posted by CBRob View Post
    Yo Skip,
    Tried out the new spiked lemonade pre-workout today and had a great workout. You nailed the flavor this time, kinda tasted like an Arnold Palmer.
    I'm gonna use it for a couple more weeks before I post a review, but just wanted to let you know that I like this version a lot.
    Rob
    I'm glad you're loving it, Rob.

Thanks for the feedback.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Shandwerker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Many, many thanks, Skip!

Can't wait for you to come out with some Ts / Tank tops!

SH

ticalman2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ticalman2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ticalman2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ticalman2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ticalman2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ticalman2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ticalman2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ticalman2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ticalman2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Many, many thanks, Skip!

SH
    Agreed! I'd love to wear some Mass Machine gear.
    I AM A MASS MACHINE OF MUSCLE with the MINDSET OF A CHAMPION!

Many, many thanks, Skip!

SH
    Originally Posted by ticalman2000 View Post
    Agreed! I'd love to wear some Mass Machine gear.
    I appreciate the enthusiastic support, guys. Thank you.

I am currently redesigning the Mass Machine Nutrition labels and I want to make sure all of the "branding" is consistent.

When that's completed, I will have that Mass Machine workout attire and other goodies like shaker bottles for you.

As you can see, it's the same for me as what I preach to you. "Keep o' keepin' on!" and put the pieces of the puzzle together one piece at a time.

You are watching things unfold and I'm so appreciative you are a part of it.

Again, thanks for your support.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Help me out, Mass Machines!

What are the first words that come to mind?

If I were looking into the video camera or writing an email, describe the kind of person I would be communicating with.

How does he walk? How does he talk? What does he do for a living? How does he treat other people? What are his overall goals for his body--and his life? Is he a family man or single? How long has he been training? Is bodybuilding and training the most important thing to him? How concerned is he with his "MANformation"?

Please post your thoughts below. I appreciate your input.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Can you relate to these feelings as you strive to reach your goals?

Check out my latest blog post called "Effectively Dealing with The Angst Inside."

When you look in the mirror, do you see a physique that’s pretty darn good by most people’s standards—but not quite good enough to make you 100 percent satisfied? Click here to read more:

Feel free to leave your comments.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Last edited by skiplacour; 07-30-2013 at 10:42 AM.

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

Really appreciated the article. It really comes in perfect timing as I am experiencing a lot of the "Angst Inside" after my recent competition success & moving on future competitive & life endeavors and driving very hard.

Regarding your post on, "A person who lives the Mass Machine lifestyle can be described as......"
    Someone who establishes their goals and direction in life & effectively executes the daily disciplines needed to get them there. When establishing his/her goals, they evaluate both long term & short term benefits & make educated decisions that directly improve the quality of his or her overall life.

Check out my latest blog post called "Effectively Dealing with The Angst Inside."
    Visit:

Really appreciated the article. It really comes in perfect timing as I am experiencing a lot of the "Angst Inside" after my recent competition success & moving on future competitive & life endeavors and driving very hard.
    Hi Joy.....

It's very common for a person to feel "Is this all there is?" after achieving such an amazing goal like yours.

It takes so much for you to motivate yourself to do all of the work and sacrifice needed to succeed and for so long. You have to believe with every ounce of your mind and body that your efforts will pay off BIG TIME--or you wouldn't be able to put in so much effort for so long.

Hell, the way I used to fantasize in my mind was that I would come home to a "ticker tape parade" in my honor when I came home victorious. That's what it took for me to detach myself from regular life, focus, train when I was tired and hungry, and diet until the point I wanted to cry just for striated glutes!

Guess what? There was no ticker tape parade when I came home and no one made a big deal out of my success. Nothing was like I had fantasized it would be after I achieved my goal (in the short term). Heck . . . the victory didn't even feel as good as I, myself, thought it would! LOL

The AWESOME thing though is that, many years later, it's 10 times sweeter then I thought it would be--and a 100 times better than those first few weeks afterward--so hang in there!

Regarding your post on, "A person who lives the Mass Machine lifestyle can be described as......"
    Someone who establishes their goals and direction in life & effectively executes the daily disciplines needed to get them there. When establishing his/her goals, they evaluate both long term & short term benefits & make educated decisions that directly improve the quality of his or her overall life.
    Thanks for the input!

Train Hard. Think Big.

I'm not having thoughts of "is this all there is" but more like "I want to accomplish more & faster! I am working on establishing the direction to go to get there & feel the pressure inside myself. So many directions to go & so little time to get it all done!" That's the angst I am feeling

Hi Joy.....

It's very common for a person to feel "Is this all there is?" after achieving such an amazing goal like yours.

It takes so much for you to motivate yourself to do all of the work and sacrifice needed to succeed and for so long. You have to believe with every ounce of your mind and body that your efforts will pay off BIG TIME--or you wouldn't be able to put in so much effort for so long.

Hell, the way I used to fantasize in my mind was that I would come home to a "ticker tape parade" in my honor when I came home victorious. That's what it took for me to detach myself from regular life, focus, train when I was tired and hungry, and diet until the point I wanted to cry just for striated glutes!

Guess what? There was no ticker tape parade when I came home and no one made a big deal out of my success. Nothing was like I had fantasized it would be after I achieved my goal (in the short term). Heck . . . the victory didn't even feel as good as I, myself, thought it would! LOL

The AWESOME thing though is that, many years later, it's 10 times sweeter then I thought it would be--and a 100 times better than those first few weeks afterward--so hang in there!

Thanks for the input!

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Visit:

BRAND NEW PODCAST!

Podcast #55 - July 31, 2013

What Kind of Person Are You Going To Be?

In this podcast, I encourage you to decide what kind of person you are going to be to have the life that you really want and how you’ll interact with other people to make that happen.

I also share with you some of the darkest times I went through that helped me realize my true passion and purpose in life (and it’s NOT just about having big muscles).

60 minutes

Promotes increased strength, longer muscle stamina, and increased blood flow. Supreme Quality. Awesome Value. Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition MM1000 Micronized Creatine here on Bodybuilding.com.
    Last edited by skiplacour; 07-31-2013 at 10:39 PM.

mhanuel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Not quite sure how much 99% or 50% but here are a couple just to know your thougths

Hi mhanuel.....

Welcome to this thread, brother.

I'm am not all familiar with any of the details about HST training or its creator so I would have to do a lot of research just to make an honest, intelligent comment.

When you say "most" of my training principles are opposed. . . what exactly does that mean to you? 99%/ 75% 50?

I'm assuming you know a lot about HST and a fair amount of my training principles (although you have read the 9K posts . . . which I can certainly understand) . . . but which ones SPECIFICALLY are so different?

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Hi Skip,

Sorry if I let it so open, I will give you some differences I have notice.

1. HST introduce the concept of frequent stimulus rather than acute stimulus. In HST you train the muscles three times a week creating a chronic stimulus for growing.

2. Progressive Load. The thing here is about adaptation. The tissue adapts and becomes resistant to the damaging effects of mechanical load and that can happen in as little as 48 hours.

3. Strategic Deconditioning. The muscle is senstitive not only to absolute load but also to change in load (up or down).

Based on the above (very compacted explanation of HST principles, please refer to official HST web site for details), HST suggest three (3) weight training sessions per week, with load volume per session (but average volume per week), and progressively adjusting reps to accommodate progressive load, using compound exercises whenever possible. Off days are rest days or light cardio sessions. The introduction of a cycle of 6 to 8 weeks here is important , a typical cycle begins with 15 reps for 2 weeks and you continue with two other weeks at 10 reps and two more with 5 reps (you can modify the actual number) and finally 2 weeks of negatives or continue with 5 reps. Finally you take from 9 to 12 days TOTAL rest (deconditioning)

I know you prefer to train a muscle group once per week. Just for this, looking at the above, you see there is a big difference. Also the three sessions per week almost force you to train in a "circuit" fashion.

I would like to know your thoughts about this rather than continue giving you more details that exist behind HST. I have also some personal finding I can share later if this discussion progress...

Your comments will be very welcome no matter if you like or dislike HST concepts.

Thank you in advance,

Originally Posted by mhanuel View Post
    Hi Skip,

Sorry if I let it so open, I will give you some differences I have notice.

1. HST introduce the concept of frequent stimulus rather than acute stimulus. In HST you train the muscles three times a week creating a chronic stimulus for growing.

2. Progressive Load. The thing here is about adaptation. The tissue adapts and becomes resistant to the damaging effects of mechanical load and that can happen in as little as 48 hours.

3. Strategic Deconditioning. The muscle is senstitive not only to absolute load but also to change in load (up or down).

Based on the above (very compacted explanation of HST principles, please refer to official HST web site for details), HST suggest three (3) weight training sessions per week, with load volume per session (but average volume per week), and progressively adjusting reps to accommodate progressive load, using compound exercises whenever possible. Off days are rest days or light cardio sessions. The introduction of a cycle of 6 to 8 weeks here is important , a typical cycle begins with 15 reps for 2 weeks and you continue with two other weeks at 10 reps and two more with 5 reps (you can modify the actual number) and finally 2 weeks of negatives or continue with 5 reps. Finally you take from 9 to 12 days TOTAL rest (deconditioning)

I know you prefer to train a muscle group once per week. Just for this, looking at the above, you see there is a big difference. Also the three sessions per week almost force you to train in a "circuit" fashion.

I would like to know your thoughts about this rather than continue giving you more details that exist behind HST. I have also some personal finding I can share later if this discussion progress...

Your comments will be very welcome no matter if you like or dislike HST concepts.

Thank you in advance,
    It sounds like you like this program and it's working for you, correct?

Seems solid. If you look through this thread, you'll notice that I see value in all training strategies--especially if the program fits your personality best . . . . you follow through . . . and especially if you see results.

There are some people who can get results and love to train without such complexity.

Train Hard. Think Big.

CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It sounds like you like this program and it's working for you, correct?

Seems solid. If you look through this thread, you'll notice that I see value in all training strategies--especially if the program fits your personality best . . . . you follow through . . . and especially if you see results.

There are some people who can get results and love to train without such complexity.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Skip, you attitude about other coaches routines is one of the things that I admire about you. There are so many gurus out there that insist that their style of training is the only way to get big, or get strong. I believe you are correct when you claim that the most important thing is that a person lift with intensity, and that this intensity will allow you to get the most out any routine.
    I'm curious, what other styles of training have you tried over the years? Are there any times where you felt like your progress just stopped, or regressed because you were on a bad routine? That first 60 pounds you gained so quickly, which routine helped you get there?

Originally Posted by CBRob View Post
    Skip, you attitude about other coaches routines is one of the things that I admire about you. There are so many gurus out there that insist that their style of training is the only way to get big, or get strong. I believe you are correct when you claim that the most important thing is that a person lift with intensity, and that this intensity will allow you to get the most out any routine.
    I'm curious, what other styles of training have you tried over the years? Are there any times where you felt like your progress just stopped, or regressed because you were on a bad routine? That first 60 pounds you gained so quickly, which routine helped you get there?
    First of all, that wasn't me who gained 60 pounds. LOL

I did gain 30 "newbie" pounds in my first 6 months of training. I want to make it perfectly clear that newbie pounds ("weight" gained when you first start training) are NOT pure, lean, measured, rock-solid MUSCLE POUNDS. They are when a guy doesn't really go to the gym at all and eats like a "person" . . . and then starts training 5 days a week, becoming more conscious of eating more good food and more often, and reading every muscle magazine he can get his hands on. It's a combination of muscle, water, and fat usually.

Let me make another thing perfectly clear: Gurus feel that they have to insist that their way is the ONLY way. Their "students" insist they do so! They are just giving people exactly what they want and feel they NEED.

People who train with weight seem to have this "black and white" mentality and they need to know that the way they training or eat is the ONLY way to "do it right" to have enough certainty and confidence to follow through on a consistent basis.

This is an ACTUAL saying in the fitness marketing business: "When you name s**t, you become a guru."

You see, after many years of doing this, I know EXACTLY what the guru is doing. He's naming every facet of his training method, making it as unique as possible, and making it as complex and specified as possible. Only HE can tell what NECESSARY--and what's marketing.

Why? Because that's what people want and feel they NEED.

I don't think you should blame the gurus though. People hang onto that s**t like it's a friggin' religion. That's how you create raving, die hard fans. (Fans who will come up to you and ask why your training system is NOT like "theirs" . . . because theirs is the "right" one, of course.

I've tried just about every version of training out there at one time or another. Now, I can't say I used the exact "XYZ" system and I don't need to . . . for the reasons why that I just mentioned above.

I don't--and never have--looked at progress or lack of progress like most people mistakenly do--or are told by the gurus pumping their program.

Building muscle just doesn't work the way that most people think, are promised, or what they want to believe.

At just a tad under 5'11", I weighed a pretty lean 200 pounds at my first contest after 13 months of training.

15 years of straight competing, six national champions, hundreds of workouts, probably thousands of meals later, I weighed a ripped 205 pounds on stage.

Not once did I believe that my progressed had stopped.

It didn't--because of the way I viewed progress . . . and obviously my physique was much, much improved.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Last edited by skiplacour; 08-01-2013 at 03:10 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 304 of 364 FirstFirst ... 204 254 294 302 303 304 305 306 314 354 ... LastLast