Closed Thread
Page 283 of 364 FirstFirst ... 183 233 273 281 282 283 284 285 293 333 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,490 of 10915
    I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    BRAND NEW PODCAST!

Podcast #38 - April 3, 2013

"Stick and Move!"

Click Here to listen and/or download this week's podcast.

Send me your FEEDBACK about this episode at skip@massmachinenutrition.com

Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

glutamine for the glutes garrettkirkman's Avatar
    garrettkirkman will become famous soon enough. (+50) garrettkirkman will become famous soon enough. (+50) garrettkirkman will become famous soon enough. (+50) garrettkirkman will become famous soon enough. (+50) garrettkirkman will become famous soon enough. (+50) garrettkirkman will become famous soon enough. (+50) garrettkirkman will become famous soon enough. (+50) garrettkirkman will become famous soon enough. (+50) garrettkirkman will become famous soon enough. (+50) garrettkirkman will become famous soon enough. (+50) garrettkirkman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey SKIP!

i hear alot of different positives, and mostly negatives to be honest about a male taking soy protein..

interested on your views?
    bench: 275
    deadlift:385
    squat: 335

currently bulking till 210 then cutting to 195 8% bf

any questions on landscaping feel free to pm, ran my own landscaping company for 5 years.

Kavliaris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kavliaris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kavliaris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kavliaris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kavliaris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kavliaris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kavliaris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kavliaris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kavliaris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kavliaris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kavliaris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Skip! Have appreciated the articles and advise you've provided for others and figured it's time to finally get some answers for myself. I finally had enough when I was out of breath carrying my sleeping daughter up the stairs. I've always been active but diet has been an issue. I believe I am on the right path but would love some advise.

I'm 37, 215lbs (prob 20-25% body fat) and working hard to make a total body transformation. I honestly do not care what the scale says as long as my body fat % drops to 10-12% max. I have dropped 19lbs since January of this year and have gotten stronger.

I currently lift 3X a week (full body workouts - 3 exercises per body part, 3 sets X 8-10 reps).
    I train Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and MMA 2 to 3 X a week
    On weekends I do cardio workouts i.e. cycling for 2+ hrs or 1hr runs.

My diet has changed drastically as I now eat mostly a plant based, whole food diet. I have cut out the processed foods and the "white" food. I do eat meat, but not daily.

Any words of wisdom or encouragement would be greatly appreciated!

Originally Posted by garrettkirkman View Post
    Hey SKIP!

i hear alot of different positives, and mostly negatives to be honest about a male taking soy protein..

interested on your views?
    Hi garrettkirkman.

Personally, I've had no real interest in soy and never had.

Just like you, I read all of the information presented. Obviously, if I had no real interest in it in the first place, this type of information wouldn't turn me into a fan.

For those of you who want to learn at least one opinion of soy, here's an article that Man's Health published several years ago.

http://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/...gative-effects

Originally Posted by Kavliaris View Post
    Hey Skip! Have appreciated the articles and advise you've provided for others and figured it's time to finally get some answers for myself. I finally had enough when I was out of breath carrying my sleeping daughter up the stairs. I've always been active but diet has been an issue. I believe I am on the right path but would love some advise.

I'm 37, 215lbs (prob 20-25% body fat) and working hard to make a total body transformation. I honestly do not care what the scale says as long as my body fat % drops to 10-12% max. I have dropped 19lbs since January of this year and have gotten stronger.

I currently lift 3X a week (full body workouts - 3 exercises per body part, 3 sets X 8-10 reps).
    I train Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and MMA 2 to 3 X a week
    On weekends I do cardio workouts i.e. cycling for 2+ hrs or 1hr runs.

My diet has changed drastically as I now eat mostly a plant based, whole food diet. I have cut out the processed foods and the "white" food. I do eat meat, but not daily.

Any words of wisdom or encouragement would be greatly appreciated!
    Sounds like you are on the right path, Kavliaris. You are putting a lot more focus and attention on this area of your life. Keep it up.

Many people would agree that the changes in your eating habits will make you a healthier person.

What you must also focus on are the total number of calories you eat each day and the macronutrients (protein, carbohydrates, and fats) those calories contain.

So, eating what many might consider are the "right" types of "healthy" foods and avoid the "wrong and unhealthy" foods is NOT enough to help you drop that body fat.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Get My "Thinking Big" Bodybuilding and Training Motivation and Mental Toughness 3-Set Ebook Series
    ABSOLUTELY FREE
    ($54.97 value)

Thinking Big
    Mental Strategies to Take Your Drug-Free Training to a Higher Level of Efficiency!
    Regular Price $14.99 - 165 pages, text only

Thinking Big II:
    Aspiring To A Higher Level Of Bodybuilding Achievement!
    Regular Price $19.99 - 309 pages, text only

Thinking Big:
    The Next Level Workbook
    Regular Price $19.99 - 220 pages, inspirational color pictures included

CLICK HERE to get your 3 ebooks.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Samuli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Samuli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey Skip,

Mach machine training recommends 4-6 repetition range. This is stimulating only the glycolytic fast-twitch (type-IIx) muscle fibers (which possess the greatest capacity to produce force and size increases). Don't you need to train both muscle fibers, type-IIx and type-IIa to achieve fullest muscle development?

Very interested to hear your thoughts, bro.

Originally Posted by Samuli View Post
    Hey Skip,

Mach machine training recommends 4-6 repetition range. This is stimulating only the glycolytic fast-twitch (type-IIx) muscle fibers (which possess the greatest capacity to produce force and size increases). Don't you need to train both muscle fibers, type-IIx and type-IIa to achieve fullest muscle development?

Very interested to hear your thoughts, bro.
    Is that a statement or a question, bro?

Samuli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Samuli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    Is that a statement or a question, bro?
    Definitely a question,

Definitely a question,
    What does "fullest development" mean to you? What would estimate this rep range's "partial" development? Is it close? Like one is a "9" and the other is a "10"? Is one a zero and the other is "10"?

What do you think the difference might be?

What does "fullest development" mean to you? What would estimate this rep range's "partial" development? Is it close? Like one is a "9" and the other is a "10"? Is one a zero and the other is "10"?

What do you think the difference might be?
    I have to say i love training mass machine style but I have always wondered do I get everything out of my potential by training just 4-6 reps. I actually asked this same question from Paul Cribb from ast-ss and he said that he believe that if you want to max out your physiques potential you have to change rep ranges. And this is from max-ot's creators head researcher! I mean this shaked my certainty and confidence.

I have to say i love training mass machine style but I have always wondered do I get everything out of my potential by training just 4-6 reps. I actually asked this same question from Paul Cribb from ast-ss and he said that he believe that if you want to max out your physiques potential you have to change rep ranges. And this is from max-ot's creators head researcher! I mean this shaked my certainty and confidence.
    I can understand what you are saying.......although I do not believe that Paul Cribb was involved in its creation.

That's the second time his name has come up this week. I haven't heard much from him in 10 years. Someone else on the message board told me that Paul Cribb was responsible for my success as a competitive bodybuilder. LOL

I'm not sure if you know this but, with Mass Machine Training, you use the 6 to 8 rep range the first week of your training cycle and the last.

Train Hard. Think Big.

I can understand what you are saying.......although I do not believe that Paul Cribb was involved in its creation.

That's the second time his name has come up this week. I haven't heard much from him in 10 years. Someone else on the message board told me that Paul Cribb was responsible for my success as a competitive bodybuilder. LOL

I'm not sure if you know this but, with Mass Machine Training, you use the 6 to 8 rep range the first week of your training cycle and the last.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    I was just thinking should I try doing like 6 weeks 8-10 reps and then 6 weeks 4-6 reps and then take a week off. The biggest fear that I have in this is do I lose strength when doing 8-10 reps. I remember you saying that you can review some training styles so just wanted to ask if you could review this plan? And I know that Paul Cribb wasn't involved in max-ot's creation, he has his own science based training style, linearly periodised progressive overload program, like training 4 weeks 8-10 reps, 4 weeks 6-8 reps and 4 weeks 4-6 reps and then week off.

I was just thinking should I try doing like 6 weeks 8-10 reps and then 6 weeks 4-6 reps and then take a week off. The biggest fear that I have in this is do I lose strength when doing 8-10 reps. I remember you saying that you can review some training styles so just wanted to ask if you could review this plan? And I know that Paul Cribb wasn't involved in max-ot's creation, he has his own science based training style, linearly periodised progressive overload program, like training 4 weeks 8-10 reps, 4 weeks 6-8 reps and 4 weeks 4-6 reps and then week off.
    I've done many training styles over the years and I've witness many done by others, Samuli.

Just remember that they biggest factor in the success of any training program is YOU.

You can have one person execute a training style and do it well--and another one use the same style and NOT do it well. Unless they trained side by side, the one who was NOT doing it well might not ever know he wasn't. In his mind, he doing the same supposedly effective routine.

So, it's not always the training routine that makes the biggest difference. All training styles will work to some extent.

Then the debate rages on as to "Which style is 'optimal'?" . . . which can go on incessantly (as you probably already know).

Train Hard. Think Big.

Last edited by skiplacour; 04-06-2013 at 09:35 AM.

Tyler Leenknecht - Mass Machine Training - Arm Workout

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition MM1000 Micronized Creatine here on Bodybuilding.com.

I'm not going to let you forget the goals you set for 2013. . . .

4-7-13

We begin Week #15 of 2013

Sound off MASS MACHINES!

What's one MAJOR thing you WILL accomplish this week that has been lingering--and you know you absolutely MUST get it done? It can be either inside or outside of the gym.

Commit to finally getting it done right here.

I will ask you this every single week in 2013 and do whatever I can to help you follow through. That's my commitment to YOU.

Get motivated to have an awesome week of training!

Check out my latest article on Bodybuilding.com "15 Ways To Build A Mindset For Results." I’m sure you’ll find it helpful to your efforts. It’s currently rated 9.8 (out of 10) by the readers.

Click Here

(Even if you've read it before, read it again today. You are a different person than you were then and the words will hit you in a different way with new meanings.)

Train Hard. Think Big.

Skip La Cour

Have you subscribed to Tyler's Contest Prep Journal yet?

You can click the BLUE ICON next to his name in the box below and get to the thread.

Here is today's entry:

Originally Posted by tyseagle View Post
    Chest Workout:

Flat Barbell Press 275 x 5, 315 x 4, 315 x 4
    Incline Hammer Press 320 x 10, 360 x 7, 360 x 7
    Pec Dec 250 x 13, 260 x 9

Rate = 8/10

Time = 45 min.

hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500) hamworld05 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Hey Skip, are bell peppers okay to have on a cut?
    "ham boy"

Originally Posted by hamworld05 View Post
    Hey Skip, are bell peppers okay to have on a cut?
    Sure, hamworld05.

Evaluate the calories, protein, cards, and fat in the food choice--and what you have to do to reach your goals.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Shandwerker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Insulin Spikes

Hey Skip-

Does it matter whether one uses a complex carb supplement vs. a non-complex carb supplement to spike their insulin immediately post workout? (Obviously, this would be mixed with protein, as my understanding is that spiking your insulin post-workout triggers superior absorption by the muscles.)

As always, many, many thanks!

Originally Posted by Shandwerker View Post
    Hey Skip-

Does it matter whether one uses a complex carb supplement vs. a non-complex carb supplement to spike their insulin immediately post workout? (Obviously, this would be mixed with protein, as my understanding is that spiking your insulin post-workout triggers superior absorption by the muscles.)

As always, many, many thanks!
    Hi Shandwerker...

"Does it matter" questions are too vague for me to give a good answer. Even the way questions are phrased can even be misleading. I hear people mock other people who feel the need to do anything "immediately." Something may have benefits but does not have to be done "immediately."

I'd rather deal with questions that really matter to the person and they aren't asking just to ask.

I would ask the person what they are doing now and what their ultimate goals are. I'd also ask them how important the possibility of that "extra percentage" is to them. Also, every strategy doesn't have an "all or nothing" as far as effectiveness goes.

I was a very good bodybuilder before and very good bodybuilder after "nutrient timing" was introduced and popularized in the early 2000s.

I hope I made my points clear.

Everyone has different goals, they have different standards of what they expect, and different ways of evaluating "effort versus benefit." Yet, many people want a black and white answer that applies to every person; at every age; and every level of experience; who are only willing to put in so much effort; and who all have different levels of development that they'd be happy with.

Train Hard. Think Big.

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Been taking the Podcast advice - my "Life Goals & Dreams Board" is in a prominant place, GROWING, and now needing side boards.

BRAND NEW PODCAST!

Podcast #36 - March 20, 2013

Lesson #7 of the Mass Machine Nutrition "49 Days To SUPREME Confidence" Ultimate Transformation Challenge

"Simple Three-Step Process For More Productivity"

Click Here to listen and/or download this week's podcast.

Send your completed assignment to me at skip@massmachinenutrition.com by Monday morning at 8 am Pacific time to be eligible for prizes.

PAST LESSONS/PODCASTS

Lesson #1 - "Who Do You Think You Are?" - Click Here to listen and/or download this week's podcast.

Lesson #2 - "How To Effectively Process All of the Bodybuilding and Training Information Available" - Click Here to listen and/or download this week's podcast.

Lesson #3 - "How To Make the Most of Your Time--No Matter What You Age Is" - Click Here to listen and/or download this week's podcast.

Lesson #4 - "Fighting Your Way Through the 'Gap Time'" - Click Here to listen and/or download this week's podcast.

Lesson #5 - "Know What You Want" - Click Here to listen and/or download this week's podcast.

Lesson #6 - "How To Get The Most Out Of Your Mentor or Coach" - Click Here to listen and/or download this week's podcast.

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition right here on Bodybuilding.com today.

===>Skip La Cour Reviews - Bodybuilding and Training Information Products (and More)<===
    Visit:
    http://www.********.com/PositiveEnergy247Fitness
    http://joyhenderson.blogspot.com/
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/HenderJBvisuallinkcom
    http://www.youtube.com/user/positiveenergy247

Ecc 9:10 “Whatever your hands find to do, do it with all your might..”

Originally Posted by henderjb View Post
    Been taking the Podcast advice - my "Life Goals & Dreams Board" is in a prominant place, GROWING, and now needing side boards.

Awesome, henderjb!

Something great to see the moment you wake up--and immediately start focusing in the right direction.

CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000)

LOL Mine's just got a bunch of index cards crammed in one corner and a picture of our hopefully trophy winning car and a bathing suit I want to fit into, I suddenly feel like I need to get moving and get big and bold with it!

tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Extremely motivating board henderjb. I have one too I look at right when I come out of my bedroom. Really like yours!
    Follow my 2013 Contest Preparation Journal on Bodybuilding.com: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152959321

Get you questions answered by Skip La Cour in the Mass Machine Bodybuilding Thread on the Bodybuilding.com Forum: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107699061&page=282

http://www.youtube.com/user/tyseagle?feature=mhee

ticalman2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ticalman2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ticalman2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ticalman2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ticalman2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ticalman2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ticalman2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ticalman2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ticalman2000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great vision board henderjb! I find mine to be extremely motivating and picture it between sets to keep my mind focused and remind me of the intensity, passion, and work required to achieve my goals.

I haven't posted enough to be allowed to add links but if anyone's interested my board can be seen on my BodySpace Motivation section.

Improving Lagging Body Parts
    (an excerpt from an upcoming article)

You can go on the internet and find all kinds of people that will tell you that a particular exercise will give you that peak on your biceps or a certain routine will give you that sweep on your quadriceps, but think for a minute. If the same exercise or the same routine could get the same results on every body, wouldn't we all look more alike? Look at the lineup of competitors in a bodybuilding and physique contest. They’re all in incredible shape, yet their bodies and their shapes are very different.

This is even true at the Mr. Olympia contest, the very highest level of bodybuilding competition on the planet. Although their physique are without a doubt awesome, they aren't perfect. Some can use a little more peak on their biceps or a bigger, fuller upper chest (sound familiar?).

Don’t you think if you could just do this exercise or that routine to solve these challenges, the best professional who have been training for 15 years or more would have done it already?

Because of genetics, your body has a certain potential to look a certain way. Yes, you can influence your definition and proportion to a point, but you are limited to working with your own genetic makeup. That doesn't mean you can’t look amazing. It means you’re going to look amazing within the limitations of your own body structure.

For instance, if you’re naturally small-waisted, you can get by with a smaller back and still look huge. If you’re thick-waisted, you’re going to need to build up your back more to get the same look.

(Look for the full article soon)

Train Hard. Think Big.

You are a MASS MACHINE!

Click Here to order Mass Machine Nutrition's MM250 on Bodybuilding.com

Closed Thread
Page 283 of 364 FirstFirst ... 183 233 273 281 282 283 284 285 293 333 ... LastLast