Closed Thread
Page 267 of 364 FirstFirst ... 167 217 257 265 266 267 268 269 277 317 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 8,010 of 10915
    Sierragmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sierragmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sierragmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sierragmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sierragmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sierragmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sierragmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sierragmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sierragmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sierragmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sierragmc will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question about creatine

I am 47 year old male I go to the gym 3 times a week my main goal is to lose weight . I'm not trying to get big mussel I'm trying to tone up but I was thinking to start taking creatine is that a smart thing to do or will that my me look fat ?

Thanks

I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Sierragmc View Post
    I am 47 year old male I go to the gym 3 times a week my main goal is to lose weight . I'm not trying to get big mussel I'm trying to tone up but I was thinking to start taking creatine is that a smart thing to do or will that my me look fat ?

Thanks
    Hi Sierragmc

"Look fat"? Look fat in clothes?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean. You either are fat or you are not.

If you are overweight right now and look overweight in clothes, creatine could make you appear "bigger" in your clothes.

An person who is overweight might be considered to look even more overweight when they look bigger in clothes.

All of that is just a short term situation on your way to getting in shape and losing your unwanted body fat.

You might want to hold off on taking creatine if you are concerned about appearing fat in clothes.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    "What Are The Best Bodybuilding Supplements That Build Muscle and Lose Fat The Fastest?"

Skip La Cour gives you the answer you need to know to the question, "What Are The Best Bodybuilding Supplements Will Help Me Build Muscle and Lose Fat The Fastest?"

Click Here to order Mass Machine Nutrition's MM180 PHYSIO-MACHINE SUPREME Capsules on Bodybuilding.com
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

BRAND NEW PODCAST!

Podcast #27 - January 16, 2013

Take a Leap of Faith and Do What May Not Feel Right When Striving For The Next Level

Click Here to listen and/or download this week's podcast.

Send me your FEEDBACK about this episode at skip@massmachinenutrition.com

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition right here on Bodybuilding.com today.

RamovicSefket has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    What things have you heard about CLA and what have you that are contrary that?
    Tnx for the reply Skip!

I have heard it helps one build muscle and lose fat when supplementing with it, and some have said that it can have negative effect on ones health and even make one fat?

Originally Posted by RamovicSefket View Post
    Tnx for the reply Skip!

I have heard it helps one build muscle and lose fat when supplementing with it, and some have said that it can have negative effect on ones health and even make one fat?
    Find out what was actually said and get back to me. That doesn't give me much to go on. I would be guessing as what was supposedly said (just like you) and try give you an answer based on that guess.

SUPPLEMENT SPOTLIGHT - Glutamine

Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition's MM525 Micronized Glutamine

Skip La Cour talks about how a the supplement glutamine will help your bodybuilding and training efforts and why Mass Machine Nutrition's MM525 Micronized Glutamine is the best on the market.

Click Here to order Mass Machine Nutrition's MM525 Micronized Glutamine on Bodybuilding.com

How Much Importance Should You Put On Your Weight On The Scale?

In this video, Skip La Cour talks the importance of knowing the difference between quality muscle mass and your weight on the scale.

Click Here to order Mass Machine Nutrition's MM180 PHYSIO-MACHINE SUPREME Capsules on Bodybuilding.com

Finish out the week STRONG!

Did you get that one thing you were focusing on this week done?

If not, you have to do it!

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition right here on Bodybuilding.com today.

gymrat992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Skip, when determining if you had a great workout, how much importance do you put on being sore? In other words, is post workout soreness really a good indicator of an effective workout?

There are many times that I increase my weight and or reps on a exercise but don't really get sore the next day or two.

Thanks....
    I AM A MASS MACHINE!

zman66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Help a teen in need

Hey guys I am 15 and I want to dedicate my self to bodybuilding.
    Any tips?
    I can bench 240
    And squat 320
    And what are the chances of being a pro?

Samuli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Samuli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey Skip!

Do you use same grip width on barbell bench presses and military presses?

Originally Posted by gymrat992 View Post
    Skip, when determining if you had a great workout, how much importance do you put on being sore? In other words, is post workout soreness really a good indicator of an effective workout?

There are many times that I increase my weight and or reps on a exercise but don't really get sore the next day or two.

Thanks....
    Hi gymrat992......

Muscle soreness is NOT a good indicator of whether you had an effective workout. Basically, muscle soreness is caused by small breaks in the muscle fibers that occurred during your training session. Although this is a direct result of your training, it does not mean that you had a better workout than if you had no soreness.

Muscle soreness does mean, however, that you have more than likely taken your training to a higher level compared to what you have accomplished in the recent past. But let me ask you a question. If you were to take an entire year off from training, wouldn’t your very first workout—no matter how effective it was or wasn’t—probably cause some muscle soreness? And by the third or fourth time you trained that particular body part after your yearlong layoff, the degree of muscle soreness would probably be significantly less than that very first workout—even if the third and fourth ones were better.

The point is that the muscle soreness of the person who trains effectively and consistently will diminish and occur less frequently over time. After a while, you’ll need to look for other indicators to gauge the effectiveness of your training sessions.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Originally Posted by zman66 View Post
    Hey guys I am 15 and I want to dedicate my self to bodybuilding.
    Any tips?
    I can bench 240
    And squat 320
    And what are the chances of being a pro?
    Hi zman66....

Those are some great numbers! Congratulations--and keep it up.

I would suggest that you keep training and making progress at 15 years old. Have fun with the process.

As far as you becoming a pro bodybuilder, if the training and eating bodybuilding lifestyle fits your LIFE GOALS and PERSONALITY are better indicators that will determine if you'll eventually become a pro more than what you look like now or how much you lift.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Last edited by skiplacour; 01-20-2013 at 09:03 AM.

Originally Posted by Samuli View Post
    Hey Skip!

Do you use same grip width on barbell bench presses and military presses?
    Yes, they are basically the same, Samuli.

Train Hard. Think Big.

zman66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Hi zman66....

Those are some great numbers! Congratulations--and keep it up.

I would suggest that you keep training and making progress at 15 years old. Have fun wit the process.

As far as you becoming a pro bodybuilder, if the training and eating bodybuilding lifestyle fits your LIFE GOALS and PERSONALITY are better indicators that will determine if you'll eventually become a pro more than what you look like now or how much you lift.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Thanks!

Samuli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Samuli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey again Skip,

I just watched your packing on muscle DVD and I noticed that on every barbell pressing movement you put your thumbs under the barbell, what's up with that?

Originally Posted by Samuli View Post
    Hey again Skip,

I just watched your packing on muscle DVD and I noticed that on every barbell pressing movement you put your thumbs under the barbell, what's up with that?
    "What's up with NOT putting your thumb?" is a better question.

What's the purpose of a false grip?

Sound off MASS MACHINES!

What's one MAJOR thing you WILL accomplish this week that has been lingering--and you know you absolutely MUST get it done? It can be either inside or outside of the gym.

Commit to finally getting it done right here.

I will ask you this every single week in 2013 and do whatever I can to help you follow through. That's my commitment to YOU.

Train Hard. Think Big.

gymrat992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sound off MASS MACHINES!

What's one MAJOR thing you WILL accomplish this week that has been lingering--and you know you absolutely MUST get it done? It can be either inside or outside of the gym.

Commit to finally getting it done right here.

I will ask you this every single week in 2013 and do whatever I can to help you follow through. That's my commitment to YOU.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    I will take my training and nutrition to the next level, all tens this week!
    I AM A MASS MACHINE!

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Skip, I ran across an video today of Q&A seminar with an IFBB pro. The topic turned to post-workout nutrition and it was said that the most common mistake people make with post-workout nutrition is that everyone thinks you should have both carbs & protein post-workout.

In this pros opinion, it "killed" growth hormone levels when you consume carbs post-workout. He was recommending consuming a whey protein alone without carbs immediately post-workout to take advantage of the post-workout elevated growth hormone levels. Then follow it up with a meal containing both protein & carbs 30 minutes later. I have heard that growth hormone levels are highest post-workout, but have always heard that you should consume both protein & carbs immediately post-workout. I can't help but be curious about this & would love to hear your opinion.
    Last edited by henderjb; 01-20-2013 at 03:08 PM.
    Visit:
    http://www.********.com/PositiveEnergy247Fitness
    http://joyhenderson.blogspot.com/
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/HenderJBvisuallinkcom
    http://www.youtube.com/user/positiveenergy247

Ecc 9:10 “Whatever your hands find to do, do it with all your might..”

Originally Posted by henderjb View Post
    Skip, I ran across an video today of Q&A seminar with an IFBB pro. The topic turned to post-workout nutrition and it was said that the most common mistake people make with post-workout nutrition is that everyone thinks you should have both carbs & protein post-workout.

In this pros opinion, it "killed" growth hormone levels when you consume carbs post-workout. He was recommending consuming a whey protein alone without carbs immediately post-workout to take advantage of the post-workout elevated growth hormone levels. Then follow it up with a meal containing both protein & carbs 30 minutes later. I have heard that growth hormone levels are highest post-workout, but have always heard that you should consume both protein & carbs immediately post-workout. I can't help but be curious about this & would love to hear your opinion.
    I saw that video too, henderjb.

That was the first time I had heard any of that myself.

The easiest thing to do would be to dismiss it. But, I really need to see the research behind what he says to make any intelligent evaluation.

Train Hard. Think Big.

CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hey Skip,
    I've been considering giving MAX-OT a try, but the one thing that keeps me from jumping into the program is the short duration of the workouts. I really enjoy my time at the gym and find it difficult to embrace the idea of a 45 minute session.
    Have you found these shorter workouts to be the best case scenario for all the people you coach, or do you find that there are some situations where a longer workout is the way to go?

Originally Posted by CBRob View Post
    Hey Skip,
    I've been considering giving MAX-OT a try, but the one thing that keeps me from jumping into the program is the short duration of the workouts. I really enjoy my time at the gym and find it difficult to embrace the idea of a 45 minute session.
    Have you found these shorter workouts to be the best case scenario for all the people you coach, or do you find that there are some situations where a longer workout is the way to go?
    Good set of questions, CBRob.

If something is working for you and "If It Fits Your Personality" (IIFYP) you will proceed with confidence and enthusiasm that will undoubtedly lead to RESULTS.

RESULTS are what's most important.

Even if you choose a strategy that other people wouldn't consider "optimal", that does NOT mean in can't be "highly effective"---especially for YOU.

Why? Because you execute your plan with passion and consistency.

When you add your insight you gain by experience to the RESULTS you are getting (or maybe not getting), you can always be flexible and inch your way toward "optimal." You have plenty of time to make those adjustments. You need to just keep on keepin' on.

You have to have confidence in what you do. It's important that you are enjoying the process.

Instead of telling you why YOU should train the higher intensity, progressive overload, shorter workouts with fewer exercises, sets, and reps style of training done in less time (Mass Machine Training).....

Let me explain how I came across this style of training--and see if you can relate. Maybe my story will help you with your decision.

Only until a person is FORCED to train under certain conditions--without the option to work in a few more reps per sets, sets per exercise, exercises per workout, and body parts trained a few more times a week WILL HE EVER FIND OUT WHAT HE IS TRULY CAPABLE OF ACHIEVING in the gym.

That was even true in my case.

I was very successful training with higher rep ranges, heavier weight, more exercises, sets, and time in the gym. I believed I trained with intensity. I believed I trained hard, was focused, and really pushed myself. I probably was "compared to most" and I certainly had the physique to back it up.

It wasn't until I BLOCKED MYSELF into the 4 to 6 rep range with heavier weight, fewer exercises, fewer sets, and less time in the gym did I discover my true physical, mental, and emotional limits in the gym.

If a person takes a leap of faith and works out in the manner I graduated to, they too will discover the same thing about their own training. They will discover that, if they train heavily enough and with enough intensity, they will be just as productive (if not more) training in the 4 to 6 rep range with heavier weight, fewer exercises, fewer sets, and less time in the gym.

The truth of the matter is that most people have no desire to experiment with this type of training to ever find out what I am taking about--and that's completely fine.

It takes skill. That skill needs to be acquired.

If I felt a person did not have the right mindset, I also would suggest that they use higher reps, more exercises, work each body part more often, and spend more time in the gym to give themselves more chances to stimulate the muscles.

It's all about producing RESULTS under the conditions that suit the person best. For the average person who wants to remain average, that will work fine.

Of course, my first choice would have them to step up to the challenge and get more done with less volume (reps, sets, exercises, body part workouts, and time spent in the gym). They will create a superior training performance and mental attitude that will compound as time goes on.

Excellent questions!

Train Hard. Think Big.

Last edited by skiplacour; 01-21-2013 at 01:49 PM.

Confidently Execute the Strategy You Have Chosen Because You WILL Benefit From It!

RESULTS Are What Matters Most!

It can be really frustrating when you are getting results--but you are constantly told you are "doing it wrong." You should always be looking for more effective and efficient strategies--as long as you don't get so distracted that you don't commit to and follow through with any single plan.

No one who has mastered their bodybuilding and training efforts started out only using the "best" strategies. Everyone who has gone before you has had to go through some experimentation. One of the keys to their success is they persevered and eventually found the ones that work best for them. Your journey will be no different.

If your current training or eating strategy is working for you, execute it with confidence for a predetermined period of time. You will learn a lot through the process if you follow through. With the insight that you've gained through practical experience, you will have the ability to make wise decisions and adjustments later if needed.

Registered User GetBigNatural22's Avatar
    GetBigNatural22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Drop Sets

Do you believe that doing drop sets is beneficial to muscle growth? Why or why not?

Thanks,

C.

Aesthetically pleased fretslayer's Avatar
    fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Skip, any idea when the new Pre Workout will be available? Looking forward to it!
    Lee Priest for President

Originally Posted by GetBigNatural22 View Post
    Do you believe that doing drop sets is beneficial to muscle growth? Why or why not?

Thanks,

C.
    Hi GetBigNatural22.

Any time you overload your targeted muscle group in a progressive manner with more weight, you'll stimulate muscle growth. I would say the heavy weight you use before dropping the weight down is most beneficial.

Are you a person who likes to do drops sets?

If so, what are your goals? Are they strictly to build muscle--or are you working to improve your performance and/functionality?

Train Hard. Think Big.

Originally Posted by fretslayer View Post
    Skip, any idea when the new Pre Workout will be available? Looking forward to it!
    Hi fretslayer...

It's awesome and taste great!

It should be ready to purchase on Bodybuilding.com in about six weeks.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Aesthetically pleased fretslayer's Avatar
    fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi fretslayer...

It's awesome and taste great!

It should be ready to purchase on Bodybuilding.com in about six weeks.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Thanks Skip, can't wait to get my hands on it.
    Lee Priest for President

Closed Thread
Page 267 of 364 FirstFirst ... 167 217 257 265 266 267 268 269 277 317 ... LastLast