Closed Thread
Page 265 of 364 FirstFirst ... 165 215 255 263 264 265 266 267 275 315 ... LastLast
Results 7,921 to 7,950 of 10915
    I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SpeedFreak2 View Post
    Hi Skip

Have started peering into the wormhole of dieting, is there one particular book you would recommend to put at the top of the must read list?
    Also what's your thoughts on Blood type diet theory?
    Hi SpeedFreak2.

The very best advice I can give you will not come from a book.

When are ready to make a DECISION and then the COMMITMENT to change your physique, the information that you'll need to help you will come a lot easier.

Until that point, you'll just be collecting more information.

A simple Google search or search on this Bodybuilding.com website will provide the answers you need to succeed.

There's a lot of good information out there. Find someone who you trust and can relate to. You'll get the best results when you do.

I don't have enough information at this time about the Blood type diet theory to give you an opinion that would have any real value.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

SpeedFreak2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpeedFreak2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpeedFreak2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpeedFreak2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpeedFreak2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpeedFreak2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpeedFreak2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpeedFreak2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpeedFreak2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpeedFreak2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpeedFreak2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    Hi SpeedFreak2.

The very best advice I can give you will not come from a book.

When are ready to make a DECISION and then the COMMITMENT to change your physique, the information that you'll need to help you will come a lot easier.

Until that point, you'll just be collecting more information.

A simple Google search or search on this Bodybuilding.com website will provide the answers you need to succeed.

There's a lot of good information out there. Find someone who you trust and can relate to. You'll get the best results when you do.

I don't have enough information at this time about the Blood type diet theory to give you an opinion that would have any real value.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Touche
    Thanks for cracking the whip.

RamovicSefket has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't believe I have suffered from any of those things. But, you don't always know that for sure.
    Did they help you much eliminate cravings and hunger? I also remember u used to drink lots of water and eat sodium, and for this I geuss they are really good.

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by RamovicSefket View Post
    Did they help you much eliminate cravings and hunger? I also remember u used to drink lots of water and eat sodium just to deplete in the end, and for this I geuss they are really good.
    If I believed they did, then they did. LOL I'm not sure if that was just a mental thing.

You do get sodium from them--but nothing that a sprinkle of salt on your meal couldn't do.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

gymrat992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

week 2.....

One thing that I must get done this week is to finalize my diet and macro nutrients. After that... I just need to execute the plan!
    I AM A MASS MACHINE!

Skip I have noticed that my strenght is usually higher then what my body is telling me, but I am afraid of getting hurt. I have noticed that my body might give me signals of not making it, but with will-power I can still make it happen.

I remember you used to lift over 400lbs in the benchpress and with reps. What is your stance on this? When is pushing oneself hard, simply too hard?

Charles956 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Charles956.

Once your body uses the amount of creatine it is capable of absorbing, that's all you'll need. So, when you take isn't of utmost importance. You might want to be consistent with your timing just to help you keep track.

A "loading phase" of more than 5 grams (15-20 as you stated) is what you do at the beginning of a Creatine cycle.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Skip, I began following you when you were with AST. I assumed you used the "Creatine Cycling" method promoted by Paul Cribb. Did you experiment with this method and find the traditional dosing method more effective or did you simply never try it out?

Skip I have noticed that my strenght is usually higher then what my body is telling me, but I am afraid of getting hurt. I have noticed that my body might give me signals of not making it, but with will-power I can still make it happen.

I remember you used to lift over 400lbs in the benchpress and with reps. What is your stance on this? When is pushing oneself hard, simply too hard?
    Hi RamovicSefket.

If you is question "Should you play it safe or risk what you fear happening?," I can't answer that for you.

That's a decision we all have to make for ourselves in every single area of our lives--not just whether we are trying to lift more weight.

Mark Cuban has a saying that goes:

"Never ask for advice from someone who has nothing to lose."

In this case, I'm not the one who is going to be physically harmed if you hurt yourself in the gym.

If I can be potentially hurt my hard-earned reputation by telling you to "go for it," what answer do you think I am going to give you?

When is pushing oneself hard simply too hard?

When one fails and can't salvage and empowering meaning out of it.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Originally Posted by Charles956 View Post
    Skip, I began following you when you were with AST. I assumed you used the "Creatine Cycling" method promoted by Paul Cribb. Did you experiment with this method and find the traditional dosing method more effective or did you simply never try it out?
    I did not.

I don't believe I have suffered from any of those things. But, you don't always know that for sure.
    Good to know! I was going to ask the same question.

I am a Mass Machine and an Alpha Male! (I'm catching up with the podcasts)

I am a Mass Machine and an Alpha Male! (I'm catching up with the podcasts)
    How did you find out about this little part of the world, Charles956?

BRAND NEW PODCAST!

Podcast #26 - January 9, 2013

Take Responsibility for Your Success and Failure

Click Here to listen and/or download this week's podcast.

Send me your FEEDBACK about this episode at skip@massmachinenutrition.com

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition right here on Bodybuilding.com today.

Skip, any advice regarding public relations due to success in bodybuilding competition or getting many sponsors? I mean one thing is to win a contest, another is to become a public person. What are the pitfalls to watch out for?

Skip, any advice regarding public relations due to success in bodybuilding competition or getting many sponsors? I mean one thing is to win a contest, another is to become a public person. What are the pitfalls to watch out for?
    Hi RamovicSefket.

I think the real concern is not doing anything special or unique enough to get the attention of a sponsor.

Hi RamovicSefket.

I think the real concern is not doing anything special or unique enough to get the attention of a sponsor.
    I geuss loosing more than 50lbs of fat in less then 10 weeks draws lots of attention.

LOL!

gymrat992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question question for skip

Coach, when you get a chance would you be able to look over my diet spreadsheet and give me some feed back on it. I emailed it to you yesterday along with a couple questions that I had.
    Thanks,
    Steve
    Gymrat992
    I AM A MASS MACHINE!

I geuss loosing more than 50lbs of fat in less then 10 weeks draws lots of attention.

LOL!
    Competing alone will not add a lot of value to a sponsor.

Creating a presence and a relationship to as many people as possible--and then exposing those people to your sponsor is Step #1.

Then, being likable, credible, and influential enough to get all of those people you've drawn into your circles to invest in your sponsor's product or products is what will make a person valuable to that sponsor.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Originally Posted by TobyUK View Post
    Cheers
    Cheers, TobyUK!

How did you find out about this little part of the world, Charles956?
    I have been following you since you were with AST. I bought your DVD "Packing On Muscle Max OT Style" when I was a teenager. I have followed your training and Manformation material ever since. How exactly I got to this particular thread I don't exactly remember, I'm sure it was because of you promoting it somewhere probably ******** or skiplacour.com. I have been following this thread for at least a year and a half. I first followed this thread with no account for some time and then I made an account a little over a year ago but with minimal posts. I recently made the decision to become a more active member on the thread.

CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi Skip, I was listening to an older podcast of yours and a caller asked about how to work around eating too much at one meal, or skipping meals, and how he could work around that or make up for it. You answered something along the lines of you would find a way to eat according to plan, but if not possible, just move on to the next meal, or the next Monday, and start over, because you wouldn't want to set up the mindset of adjusting here and there to the point that there'd be no routine at all. I was wondering if that's the same advice you'd give about training too, particularly with the upcoming challenge and I know I am going to be away for home a while, but I don't know when. Would you say find a way if at all possible or just skip a workout and start on schedule the next workout, or Monday?

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today

Originally Posted by CewSaw View Post
    Hi Skip, I was listening to an older podcast of yours and a caller asked about how to work around eating too much at one meal, or skipping meals, and how he could work around that or make up for it. You answered something along the lines of you would find a way to eat according to plan, but if not possible, just move on to the next meal, or the next Monday, and start over, because you wouldn't want to set up the mindset of adjusting here and there to the point that there'd be no routine at all. I was wondering if that's the same advice you'd give about training too, particularly with the upcoming challenge and I know I am going to be away for home a while, but I don't know when. Would you say find a way if at all possible or just skip a workout and start on schedule the next workout, or Monday?
    Hi CewSaw.

I don't remember the exact conversation you are referring to but that doesn't sound like my intent.

I would never set someone up with that mentality. It would be just be setting them up for failure.

I am pretty sure I was talking about an effective way to set up your plan:

Very strict disciplines and follow through during the week--and then taking a break on the weekend. Sprint--then relax. Sprint--then relax.

If (and only if) you fall short of your intentions--you always have Monday to make a "new, fresh beginning" to start a better run.

Oftentimes, when it is not set up this way, people will fall short on Wednesday, let's use as an example, and there's not another predetermined "starting point" again.

So, they just say "screw it" and continue there downward spiral forever.

It sort of sounds the same--but there's a MASSIVE difference in the two mindsets.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today

I have been following you since you were with AST. I bought your DVD "Packing On Muscle Max OT Style" when I was a teenager. I have followed your training and Manformation material ever since. How exactly I got to this particular thread I don't exactly remember, I'm sure it was because of you promoting it somewhere probably ******** or skiplacour.com. I have been following this thread for at least a year and a half. I first followed this thread with no account for some time and then I made an account a little over a year ago but with minimal posts. I recently made the decision to become a more active member on the thread.
    Awesome!

Competing alone will not add a lot of value to a sponsor.

Creating a presence and a relationship to as many people as possible--and then exposing those people to your sponsor is Step #1.

Then, being likable, credible, and influential enough to get all of those people you've drawn into your circles to invest in your sponsor's product or products is what will make a person valuable to that sponsor.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Being credible is something really worthful, but then you must know that which you say to be true. I have had these problems as a salesman, because many companies didn't really have something I could sell with honesty.
    Last edited by RamovicSefket; 01-10-2013 at 01:56 PM.

Being credible is something really worthful, but then you must know that which you say to be true. I have had these problems as a salesman, because many companies didn't really have something I could sell with honesty.
    Being considered credible is something that's judged by other people. That's not always in a person's control.

Being straight forward and honest are qualities that a sponsor would assume a person they sponsor has.

It really doesn't matter how credible a person is if he can't draw a large audience and attention to the sponsor's brand with that credibility.

That might make the person feel good about himself--but it provides very little value to the sponsor and his business.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Skip, I have tried VP2 when I was a teen and there were other brands that had more protein per procent (which I tried),
    but stiill I do remember that It tasted good, was easier to drink and I even think I gained better using it.

Just in my mind or not?

Now, you are not claiming your whey is 600% more effective for supporting muscle growth than other proteins,
    and if I had a chance I would try it but honestly does QUALITY really differ that much between brands?

Skip, I have tried VP2 when I was a teen and there were other brands that had more protein per procent (which I tried),
    but stiill I do remember that It tasted good, was easier to drink and I even think I gained better using it.

Just in my mind or not?

Now, you are not claiming your whey is 600% more effective for supporting muscle growth than other proteins,
    and if I had a chance I would try it but honestly does QUALITY really differ that much between brands?
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition MM25 100% Whey Protein Isolate

Skip La Cour talks about how whey protein will help your bodybuilding and training efforts and why Mass Machine Nutrition's MM25 100% Whey Protein Isolate is the best on the market.

Click Here to order Mass Machine Nutrition's MM25 Whey Protein on Bodybuilding.com
    Last edited by skiplacour; 01-10-2013 at 03:28 PM.

Skip, bioavability difference between cold filtered and heat filtered? How much difference aprox?

Skip, bioavability difference between cold filtered and heat filtered? How much difference aprox?
    Heat filtered?

Mass Machine Training - Curl Bar Curls for Biceps

In this video, your coach Skip La Cour outlines some things for you to focus on when doing Mass Machine Training Curl Bar Curls for biceps.

Click Here to order Mass Machine Nutrition's MM60EFL Energy and Fat Loss Capsules on Bodybuilding.com

Closed Thread
Page 265 of 364 FirstFirst ... 165 215 255 263 264 265 266 267 275 315 ... LastLast