Closed Thread
Page 264 of 364 FirstFirst ... 164 214 254 262 263 264 265 266 274 314 ... LastLast
Results 7,891 to 7,920 of 10915
    1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100)
    Skip when I look at most of your pics, you look really good for being a natural. Do you consider any year to be your best. Because I am looking for those pictures...

I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by 1983Warrior View Post
    Skip when I look at most of your pics, you look really good for being a natural. Do you consider any year to be your best. Because I am looking for those pictures...
    1998, 2002, or 2003.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100)
    I think 2003, but you were really impressive in 1998 too.

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Skip, did you always compete every year or did you take a year off here & there to allow extra time between contest diets for additional gains and/or allow your mind to fully recover from the intense contest prep as well as your body?

If you competed every year, did you do that to maintain momentum that you had already established or just because you loved to compete? Do you see any benefit in taking years off from competition?
    Visit:
    http://www.********.com/PositiveEnergy247Fitness
    http://joyhenderson.blogspot.com/
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/HenderJBvisuallinkcom
    http://www.youtube.com/user/positiveenergy247

Ecc 9:10 “Whatever your hands find to do, do it with all your might..”

mrky03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yesterday's macros, protein 350g, carbs 210, fats 35g. 55% pro, 33% carbs, 12% fat.

I'm getting hungrier each day! I'm going to up protein 50g and add a few carbs today.

What do you think Skip?
    NGA Natural Pro

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mrky03 View Post
    Yesterday's macros, protein 350g, carbs 210, fats 35g. 55% pro, 33% carbs, 12% fat.

I'm getting hungrier each day! I'm going to up protein 50g and add a few carbs today.

What do you think Skip?
    Hi mrky03.

I'm not really sure what you goals are, where you are at now, and what deadlines you have to give you a well thought out answer.

You are eating about 2,500 calories. I guess you are better are the best person to determine if that's enough food for you.

That's not a lot of fat in your diet. I would get that up to at least 20%. I would add more carbohydrates before I would add more protein too.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

Thanks Skip. My goal is to compete on April 27'th I weigh 208lbs at present my usual contest weight is 192-194. You are right my fats are too low. In the past I've included more. I'm not concerned about my stage weight, just striving to get ripped!
    NGA Natural Pro

Originally Posted by henderjb View Post
    Skip, did you always compete every year or did you take a year off here & there to allow extra time between contest diets for additional gains and/or allow your mind to fully recover from the intense contest prep as well as your body?

If you competed every year, did you do that to maintain momentum that you had already established or just because you loved to compete? Do you see any benefit in taking years off from competition?
    Good questions, henderjb.

After my very first year of competing, I didn't compete again for 17 months. I don't remember that being a thought-out plan. It was that I was a regular man with a career more than a bodybuilder at that time.

After that, I competed every single year for the next 12 years.

That was a great plan for me to become a well-recognized bodybuilder in the industry which set me up perfectly for what I am doing today with Mass Machine Nutrition.

However, other areas of my life took a back seat because of all the focus and dedication I invested into being a competitive bodybuilder.

Was I a better bodybuilder (physique-wise) because I competed every year? Not sure. Would I have been a better bodybuilder if I took some time off from competing? I am not sure of that either.

I've seen a lot of great physiques come and go in my career. Many of them didn't reach their full potential because they weren't able to balance life and bodybuilding--and they weren't willing to sacrifice the other things in life for bodybuilding.

I've seen a lot of people take a break from competing--and never come back like they planned.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Thanks Skip. My goal is to compete on April 27'th I weigh 208lbs at present my usual contest weight is 192-194. You are right my fats are too low. In the past I've included more. I'm not concerned about my stage weight, just striving to get ripped!
    Just remember that you want to eat as much food as your body can handle--without getting fat.

That way, you'll have room to gradually reduce your calories as the show get closer.

If you are only eating 2,500 calories now, you haven't left yourself very much room.

Is that 2,500 calories the "right" number for you though? I am not sure. You'll need to figure that out.

You'll be in a lot better position later on if you can look just as good eating 3,200 calories a day rather than only 2,500.

But that's the work and experimentation that you'll need to invest.

Train Hard. Think Big.

The Best and Worst Ways To Determine If You Are Losing Body Fat

Some people get frustrated when trying to lose body fat because they use unreliable methods to track their progress--especially when doing so in shorter periods of time. That frustration can lead to unnecessary changes in their plans. In this video, your Coach Skip La Cour discusses the best and worst ways to monitor your progress when you are trying to lose body fat.

Click Here to order Mass Machine Nutrition's MM60EFL Energy and Fat Loss Capsules on Bodybuilding.com

Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    Just remember that you want to eat as much food as your body can handle--without getting fat.

That way, you'll have room to gradually reduce your calories as the show get closer.

If you are only eating 2,500 calories now, you haven't left yourself very much room.

Is that 2,500 calories the "right" number for you though? I am not sure. You'll need to figure that out.

You'll be in a lot better position later on if you can look just as good eating 3,200 calories a day rather than only 2,500.

But that's the work and experimentation that you'll need to invest.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Good advice! I will add some carbs and healthy fats. My initial target was 3000 calories. I've just been having trouble eating that many clean calories! I will add some canola oil and almonds for more fats and more carbs to my post workout window.

Thanks again for your advice!
    NGA Natural Pro

Samuli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Samuli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    How the hell these people can eat this little and build muscle? I'm 180 lbs and I eat 4500 calories every day and I have visible abs. I think I have to raise my calories again because I'm feeling hungry!

It's MASS MACHINE, BIIIIATCH!

Originally Posted by Samuli View Post
    How the hell these people can eat this little and build muscle? I'm 180 lbs and I eat 4500 calories every day and I have visible abs. I think I have to raise my calories again because I'm feeling hungry!

I'm in cutting mode at the present. Actually I'm just throwing all this out there so others might benefit from the feedback that Skip gives.
    NGA Natural Pro

It's important for you to realize something that's very interesting when comparing the number of calories you eat to what another persons eats.....

Everyone counts their calories differently!

For whatever reasons, you can line up 10 of the exact same foods in the exact same servings sizes and tell 3 different people to add them up. You'll get 3 different totals.

I know this sounds strange especially with all the computerized ways to track calories--but it is true.

One man's calculation of 3,500 calories could be another man's 2,500 calories.

As long as a person is consistent with how he, himself, calculates the calories he eats, that's all that matters.

However, it does present a challenge when comparing and contrasting the number of calories you eat with someone else.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Samuli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Samuli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    It's important for you to realize something that's very interesting when comparing the number of calories you eat to what another persons eats.....

Everyone counts their calories differently!

For whatever reasons, you can line up 10 of the exact same foods in the exact same servings sizes and tell 3 different people to add them up. You'll get 3 different totals.

I know this sounds strange especially with all the computerized ways to track calories--but it is true.

One man's calculation of 3,500 calories could be another man's 2,500 calories.

As long as a person is consistent with how he, himself, calculates the calories he eats, that's all that matters.

However, it does present a challenge when comparing and contrasting the number of calories you eat with someone else.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    You think I counted my calories wrong Skip? See for yourself.
    Attached Files

I'm in cutting mode at the present. Actually I'm just throwing all this out there so others might benefit from the feedback that Skip gives.
    It's important to understand that you can't effectively "cut" just by looking in the mirror or stepping on the scale and deciding that you need to lose weigh or lose body fat.

You can only determine a "cut" AFTER you've create a hard, baseline standard of what your REAL maintenance level of calories is--and not just pull a number off a calculator on the internet. That's just a "guesstimate" generalization for basically fat, overweight, or people who haven't been paying attention just to get started. It is certainly NOT for a drug-free competitive bodybuilder who is working hard to be his VERY BEST on stage.

If you haven't worked your body through time and effort to see what is the very most calories that you can possibly eat without getting fat, you're just pulling some random number out of the air.

Let say someone wasn't really paying attention to their diet and they were a little fat.

Then, they decided to do a contest in 4 months.

They pull some guesstimate, generalization off the internet for their computerized maintenance level--and "cut" 500 calories off of that.

So, now, they're eating 2,200 calories day based on that calculation.

2,200 calories is going to be the MOST that they eat for the next 4 months? Good luck with that! They will never be as lean as they could be in 4 months and they certainly won't preserve all the muscle they could have.

The strange thing is they will THINK they are "fine" and that's just how it works for a drug-free bodybuilder.

WRONG!

When you first start paying attention to your diet, you'll need to work your body and eating habits. 3,500 calories may be what you can handle without getting fat.

Finding this out may take you 4 or 6 weeks--but that's your personalized TRUE maintenance level.

Then, that's the point where you "cut" your 100, 200, 500, or whatever calories a day from.

This is the kind of WORK it takes to MAXIMIZE what your body can do.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Last edited by skiplacour; 01-08-2013 at 11:10 AM.

You think I counted my calories wrong Skip? See for yourself.
    I have no idea and that is NOT what I was implying.

Like I said, as long as you are consistent with the way YOU count them, that's all that matters.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Location: Manchester, Lancashire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Hulkamania78 is not very well liked. (-100) Hulkamania78 is not very well liked. (-100) Hulkamania78 is not very well liked. (-100) Hulkamania78 is not very well liked. (-100) Hulkamania78 is not very well liked. (-100) Hulkamania78 is not very well liked. (-100) Hulkamania78 is not very well liked. (-100) Hulkamania78 is not very well liked. (-100) Hulkamania78 is not very well liked. (-100) Hulkamania78 is not very well liked. (-100) Hulkamania78 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Hi skip

Some interesting reading over the last couple of pages. Having committed to the 2013 transformation comp in the motivation section. I have found renewed vigour and determination in my training .

I started at 2900 cals and have a 12 week stripping cycle I am implementing. I have dropped to 2780 this week and 2700 next so by the first 4 week cycle I am at 2550 cals. I will then evaluate my losses/ gains and see where I can tweak my diet.

This is the first time in my life I have done this sort of process so I am reading a lot,of your work and going on your you tube page for help and advice with my nutrition and training. After my initial 50 pound lose from May last year to October I took the every 3 rd week treat meal to a weekly thing. My choice and my decision to do that . I only gained 7 pounds and I take responsibility for my gains.

I am focused and determined to be the best I can be on Saturday 30th March. I do want to step on stage and want to see what mental and physical challenges I face in my transformation .

I am using Mass Machine Routine 5 for this cycle and am putting everything into it.

Is there anything from my brief description you feel I need to do to improve my consistency or performance in the next 11 weeks???

Thanks Coach

Originally Posted by Hulkamania78 View Post
    Hi skip

Some interesting reading over the last couple of pages. Having committed to the 2013 transformation comp in the motivation section. I have found renewed vigour and determination in my training .

I started at 2900 cals and have a 12 week stripping cycle I am implementing. I have dropped to 2780 this week and 2700 next so by the first 4 week cycle I am at 2550 cals. I will then evaluate my losses/ gains and see where I can tweak my diet.

This is the first time in my life I have done this sort of process so I am reading a lot,of your work and going on your you tube page for help and advice with my nutrition and training. After my initial 50 pound lose from May last year to October I took the every 3 rd week treat meal to a weekly thing. My choice and my decision to do that . I only gained 7 pounds and I take responsibility for my gains.

I am focused and determined to be the best I can be on Saturday 30th March. I do want to step on stage and want to see what mental and physical challenges I face in my transformation .

I am using Mass Machine Routine 5 for this cycle and am putting everything into it.

Is there anything from my brief description you feel I need to do to improve my consistency or performance in the next 11 weeks???

Thanks Coach
    That looks great from what I see, Hulkamania78.

You've learned a lot about bodybuilding, training, and your body from May of last year until October, I'm sure.

Putting that self-imposed pressure on yourself with that goal of being in awesome shape by that goal date of Saturday 30th March will CATAPULT you to entirely differently level of understanding.

You'll make the most out of all of your abilities and learn things in much,much greater detail and at deeper level than reading them in a book, reading a post on the this message board, or watching a video on YouTube.

You'll be able to use that practical experience for the rest of your life--and build upon it.

Great job!

Train Hard. Think Big.

Location: Manchester, Lancashire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Hulkamania78 is not very well liked. (-100) Hulkamania78 is not very well liked. (-100) Hulkamania78 is not very well liked. (-100) Hulkamania78 is not very well liked. (-100) Hulkamania78 is not very well liked. (-100) Hulkamania78 is not very well liked. (-100) Hulkamania78 is not very well liked. (-100) Hulkamania78 is not very well liked. (-100) Hulkamania78 is not very well liked. (-100) Hulkamania78 is not very well liked. (-100) Hulkamania78 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Thanks Skip. I don't want,to lose focus . Your words mean a lot. Thanks

tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Was looking over one of you diet and supplement schedules from your 2002 show prep for the Team Universe Skip. Was wondering if you still think it is neccessary to take in a multi 3 times a day or just one of yours a day would be enough?
    Follow my 2013 Contest Preparation Journal on Bodybuilding.com: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152959321

Get you questions answered by Skip La Cour in the Mass Machine Bodybuilding Thread on the Bodybuilding.com Forum: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107699061&page=282

http://www.youtube.com/user/tyseagle?feature=mhee

MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    2 xtra cardio sessions this week. 1 business issue. ..... MzJ ..MassMachine here.
    "Transcending strengths and weaknesses, genius guides us in the expression of our character and the discovery of our calling."

Originally Posted by tyseagle View Post
    Was looking over one of you diet and supplement schedules from your 2002 show prep for the Team Universe Skip. Was wondering if you still think it is neccessary to take in a multi 3 times a day or just one of yours a day would be enough?
    Hi Tyler.

A regular person once. I very hard training athlete may consider twice.

Train Hard. Think Big.

RamovicSefket has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Skip did you feel less hungry and more energetic when you used to do longer cardio sessions in preparation for contests, or was it the opposite?

I know you used to do much less cardio at the end of your contest carrier, but that it was more intense.

Originally Posted by RamovicSefket View Post
    Skip did you feel less hungry and more energetic when you used to do longer cardio sessions in preparation for contests, or was it the opposite?

I know you used to do much less cardio at the end of your contest carrier, but that it was more intense.
    Hi RamovicSefket....

I'm not sure if that made a difference because the net "calories in versus calories out" had to be the same.

Hunger is one of those things that are tough to measure. A great, goal-driven mindset can overcome the feeling of hunger to some degree.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Skip I remember you used to drink lots of sugarfree drinks in preperation for contests, and also that you ate lots of green beans. Did these drinks affects you teeth negatively?

Skip I remember you used to drink lots of sugarfree drinks in preperation for contests, and also that you ate lots of green beans. Did these drinks affects you teeth negatively?
    Hmmmm. I've never been asked that question before.

I haven't had any cavities. What other kind of negative effects would drinking sugar free drinks expose me to?

Hmmmm. I've never been asked that question before.

I haven't had any cavities. What other kind of negative effects would drinking sugar free drinks expose me to?
    I have heard lots of bad things about drinking carbonated sugarfree drinks... the acids in them would be bad for the teeth, stomach and liver if I remember. On the other hand, I have also drank lots of them and really I am not sure.

source Wikipedia: "The sodium benzoate was found to break down mitochondrial DNA in living yeast cells.[9] Research published in 2007 for the British government's Food Standards Agency suggests that sodium benzoate (E211) is linked to hyperactive behavior and decreased intelligence in children.[10] In January 2008 sodium benzoate was removed from production lines for Diet Coke sold in the UK, however it remains in other Coke products and other production locations.[11]"

I have heard lots of bad things about drinking carbonated sugarfree drinks... the acids in them would be bad for the teeth, stomach and liver if I remember. On the other hand, I have also drank lots of them and really I am not sure.

source Wikipedia: "The sodium benzoate was found to break down mitochondrial DNA in living yeast cells.[9] Research published in 2007 for the British government's Food Standards Agency suggests that sodium benzoate (E211) is linked to hyperactive behavior and decreased intelligence in children.[10] In January 2008 sodium benzoate was removed from production lines for Diet Coke sold in the UK, however it remains in other Coke products and other production locations.[11]"
    I don't believe I have suffered from any of those things. But, you don't always know that for sure.

SpeedFreak2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpeedFreak2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpeedFreak2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpeedFreak2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpeedFreak2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpeedFreak2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpeedFreak2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpeedFreak2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpeedFreak2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpeedFreak2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpeedFreak2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi Skip

Have started peering into the wormhole of dieting, is there one particular book you would recommend to put at the top of the must read list?
    Also what's your thoughts on Blood type diet theory?

Closed Thread
Page 264 of 364 FirstFirst ... 164 214 254 262 263 264 265 266 274 314 ... LastLast