Closed Thread
Page 260 of 364 FirstFirst ... 160 210 250 258 259 260 261 262 270 310 360 ... LastLast
Results 7,771 to 7,800 of 10915
    mrky03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Skip, there seems to be a lot of controversy lately over artificial sweeteners. I have used aspartame and sucralose with no adverse side effects for years. What are your thoughts on this?
    NGA Natural Pro

atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    Hi Daniel......

I can certainly understand how a situation like this can be annoying. At the same time, I can also understand if someone else found the same situation humorous--or another person found the situation intimidating.

My point is, however you decide to interpret what's going on around you, it is a DECISION you are making.

I really don't get too involved with what people think, say, or do--unless it directly affects me or my family. I certainly don't spend a lot of time or energy wondering if they are just trying to intimidate other people or their behavior is caused by any drug use. Me being the person who initiates a stare-down with an annoying person is never going to happen--let alone a physical altercation.

I'm focused on what I have to do to achieve my goals in life. I'm not going to create any more distractions than I already have unless I am forced to.

Through my years with working with people (in and out of the bodybuilding world) and my lifelong fascination with why we as people do the things we do, I understand that everyone who is going through the "game" of life is presented with their share of challenges--which they manifest in their actions in many different ways.

I look at people who act liek that and assume that life has dealt them some major, devastating blows--many of which may have been started in early childhood. They are dealing with them "the best way they know how." Heck, if they want to stomp around the gym to feel good about themselves, so be it. It's a lot better than robbing my house. LOL

What if one just lost his job or his wife just left him? What if he just lost his house or has some other major financial challenges? What if you knew his father, mother, or both were alcoholics or dug users when he was growing up? What if you knew his father died at an early age or his father left the family to make another set of children? What if the were molested as little boys? Who knows what's causing their annoying behavior? Would you look at the situation any differently?

I have no idea what's really going in the minds of annoying people--but that's how I DECIDE to interpret what's going on.

Again, I have things I have to focus on doing and I don't need to create anymore distractions than I already have.

Good question.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    As usual, Skip seems to be right on with this. Ultimately, your tendencies to look to your environment for peace, calm, and serenity start and end with you. Regardless if there are 20 IFBB Pro's doing a film in your gym, or it is completely dark and solace, it should never changes YOUR goals. Ideally I PREFER an empty gym, because I can get in-out quicker, but that doesn't deter my goals one iota. If I have to wait, tolerate, or simply ignore those "annoying" moments, I will, because my goals are more important than my comfort in the moment. I can lift heavier, train harder, and put on more mass now then ever, not because the gym was convenient, but because I was determined. I don't assume your not determined, keep on keeping on.
    Last edited by atw1552; 12-20-2012 at 08:42 AM.
    "If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader"
    John Quincy Adams

I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mrky03 View Post
    Skip, there seems to be a lot of controversy lately over artificial sweeteners. I have used aspartame and sucralose with no adverse side effects for years. What are your thoughts on this?
    Hi mrky03.

I use artificial sweeteners and have used them for a long time.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

Registered User BernadetMatassa's Avatar
    BernadetMatassa is just really nice. (+1000) BernadetMatassa is just really nice. (+1000) BernadetMatassa is just really nice. (+1000) BernadetMatassa is just really nice. (+1000) BernadetMatassa is just really nice. (+1000) BernadetMatassa is just really nice. (+1000) BernadetMatassa is just really nice. (+1000) BernadetMatassa is just really nice. (+1000) BernadetMatassa is just really nice. (+1000) BernadetMatassa is just really nice. (+1000) BernadetMatassa is just really nice. (+1000)
    I do too.... They did find some connection between cancer and artificial sweeteners but they pretty much can prove that anything can cause cancer...

I tried STEVIA and actually I like it. It suppose to be a natural sweetener.
    IFBB PRO ATHLETE
    Sponsored by VPX SPORTS

www.bernadettmatassa.com

********: http://www.********.com/pages/Bernadett-Matassa-Fansite/293739113830?fref=ts

Follow my blog on changing people's lives :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150414163&p=995432333#post995432333

Follow my DAILY MOTIVATIONAL blog :

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149642443&p=979133743#post979133743

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition's MM180 Physio-Machine Supreme

Mass Machine Nutrition MM180 PHYSIO-MACHINE SUPREME Capsules - Burn Fat and Boost Testosterone!

Skip La Cour talks about fat loss supplements and how Mass Machine Nutrition's MM180 PHYSIO-MACHINE SUPREME Capsules were designed in a way that optimize the body's natural metabolic mechanisms that aid in adipose extraction and burn the most calories.

Click Here to order Mass Machine Nutrition's MM180 PHYSIO-MACHINE SUPREME Capsules on Bodybuilding.com
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

mrky03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There was a young guy training at the gym this morning, you could tell he didn't have a plan for his workout. He started asking me questions about training after I was finished training, I strongly suggested that he read this thread! Cut your learning time way down, listen to the expert!
    NGA Natural Pro

Originally Posted by mrky03 View Post
    There was a young guy training at the gym this morning, you could tell he didn't have a plan for his workout. He started asking me questions about training after I was finished training, I strongly suggested that he read this thread! Cut your learning time way down, listen to the expert!
    Thanks for spreading the word, mrky03.

I encourage everyone to go to my ******** page too.

I just asked a question "Who Wins?" there--and I'd love to get everyone's thoughts and opinions.

CLICK HERE to go the Skip La Cour ******** page now for continula updates and discussions. Make sure uupi "Show in News Feed" and "Add to Interest List" when Liking the page.

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This week's podcast, "If I think it I must do it" made a great training tool for listening to DURING my workout today. I struggle with this mentality often - one side of me wanting to challenge myself, another side of me wanting to make sure I "keep it in the muscle" and don't let myself "ego lift".

I am a Mass Machine.
    Visit:
    http://www.********.com/PositiveEnergy247Fitness
    http://joyhenderson.blogspot.com/
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/HenderJBvisuallinkcom
    http://www.youtube.com/user/positiveenergy247

Ecc 9:10 “Whatever your hands find to do, do it with all your might..”

Originally Posted by henderjb View Post
    This week's podcast, "If I think it I must do it" made a great training tool for listening to DURING my workout today. I struggle with this mentality often - one side of me wanting to challenge myself, another side of me wanting to make sure I "keep it in the muscle" and don't let myself "ego lift".

I am a Mass Machine.
    I understand what you are saying there, henderjb, but I don't necessarily agree with the direct connection you linked up.

Sure, "ego" may or may not be involved when trying to lift more weight--or it could be rationalization based on uncertainty or fear. Who knows for sure sometimes?

I do not think ego would apply when doing all your cardio, getting those RPMs up, over even going for one more rep during a set. Not generally. In most cases, that mindset will only serve you well--even if you don't actually succeed that time.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Charles956 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Skip, I know you heavily emphasize good nutrition. Do you place any importance on how quickly you eat a meal?

Originally Posted by Charles956 View Post
    Skip, I know you heavily emphasize good nutrition. Do you place any importance on how quickly you eat a meal?
    Hi Charles956.

Does "how quickly you eat a meal" mean from the first bite to the last bite?

If so, not really. I think chewing your food sufficiently and allowing your saliva to do its part of the digestion process is what's of some importance.

But as your "big brother," I encourage you to show some civility while eating. LOL

Train Hard. Think Big.

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This is interesting. Here's is a situation where I felt that I was "ego" lifting & felt I needed to hold myself back and use a lesser weight:

Close grip bench press. My program calls for 8-10 reps. It is challenging for me to accomplish 4 sets of 8-10 with 115# and I feel like I get better stimulation of my triceps with that weight and rep range, but sometimes I use 125# because I really want to lift more and feel like I should be able to lift 135# easily and quite frankly it pisses me off so I attempt the heavier weight!

But, when I use 125# my reps fall short of my target & I find myself arching my back/using other bodyparts to assist with the lift and don't really feel my triceps working. So I feel I should "drop the ego" stop trying to be he-woman and focus on stimulating triceps not lifting the weight.

I understand what you are saying there, henderjb, but I don't necessarily agree with the direct connection you linked up.

Sure, "ego" may or may not be involved when trying to lift more weight--or it could be rationalization based on uncertainty or fear. Who knows for sure sometimes?

I do not think ego would apply when doing all your cardio, getting those RPMs up, over even going for one more rep during a set. Not generally. In most cases, that mindset will only serve you well--even if you don't actually succeed that time.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Visit:

Aesthetically pleased fretslayer's Avatar
    fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Mass Machine listener and Supplement user checking in. Keep up the great work Skip, we're listening!
    Lee Priest for President

Originally Posted by fretslayer View Post
    Mass Machine listener and Supplement user checking in. Keep up the great work Skip, we're listening!
    Good to know, fretslayer!

Thanks for checking in.

Thanks for listening.

Thanks for supporting Mass Machine Nutrition.

Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition MM1000 Micronized Creatine

Skip La Cour talks about how creatine will help your bodybuilding and training efforts and why Mass Machine Nutrition's MM1000 Micronized Creatine is the best on the market.

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition MM1000 Micronized Creatine here on Bodybuilding.com.

The Best and Worst Ways To Determine If You Are Losing Body Fat[/b]

Some people get frustrated when trying to lose body fat because they use unreliable methods to track their progress--especially when doing so in shorter periods of time. That frustration can lead to unnecessary changes in their plans. In this video, your Coach Skip La Cour discusses the best and worst ways to monitor your progress when you are trying to lose body fat.

Click Here to order Mass Machine Nutrition's MM60EFL Energy and Fat Loss Capsules on Bodybuilding.com

Hi Skip. If I remember correctly, you are developing a Mass Machine Nutrition BCAA product? How is it coming & when can we expect it out?
    Visit:

Originally Posted by henderjb View Post
    Hi Skip. If I remember correctly, you are developing a Mass Machine Nutrition BCAA product? How is it coming & when can we expect it out?
    After a long process, I finally approved the ingredients and flavoring. There' still about a 6 to 8 weeks process left.

Mass Machine Nutrition MM300 BCAA SUPREME in great-tasting, succulent Crimson Raspberry is going to be AWESOME!

I'll explain the benefits, details, and what makes this product unique later.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Never Settle for Less Than What You’ve Already Accomplished

More than anything else, it's your mental fortitude that determines you physical abilities--and limitations.

Once you've established a certain standard of achievement, fight like hell to never do anything less than that again. Never again settle for less than what you’ve already accomplished. Make those outrageous demands. Eventually, your body will fall in line and accommodate your wishes.

You are a MASS MACHINE!

Click Here to order Mass Machine Nutrition's MM60EFL Energy and Fat Loss Capsules on Bodybuilding.com

Samuli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Samuli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Never Settle for Less Than What You’ve Already Accomplished

More than anything else, it's your mental fortitude that determines you physical abilities--and limitations.

Once you've established a certain standard of achievement, fight like hell to never do anything less than that again. Never again settle for less than what you’ve already accomplished. Make those outrageous demands. Eventually, your body will fall in line and accommodate your wishes.

You are a MASS MACHINE!

Hey Skip,

Does this also apply when coming off from week of from training, so that I choose the same weights where I left in my last week before week off.

Originally Posted by Samuli View Post
    Hey Skip,

Does this also apply when coming off from week of from training, so that I choose the same weights where I left in my last week before week off.
    Hi Samuli.

That would really depend on the person and how he trains.

There have been many times throughout my career when my "maximum" weight became my "acclimation" weight simply because I demanded more from myself.

I'm glad I pushed myself in those instances because that was the catalyst that enabled me to reach a new and higher maximum.

A couple of key points I always reinforce are:

* There's always more you can achieve.

* You MIND is your most valuable training tool.

Train Hard. Think Big.

How Tough On Yourself Should You Be?

Whether you choose to be a little tougher on yourself or take a breather and enjoy life a little more, each path you take has its own set of advantages—and disadvantages.

When you decide to be tougher on yourself and expect yourself to produce better results, life usually becomes a little more taxing and stressful in the short run. However, you can almost be certain that the long term quality of your life will be greatly enhanced by your efforts.

Taking it easy on yourself for a while and stopping to "smell the roses" can certainly add quality to your life. There's no doubt about it. But what normally happens after a certain period of time is that angst builds inside you and drives you to work a little harder and accomplish a little more—all of which creates a level of pain and discomfort in the long run.

Because both routes have advantages and disadvantages, neither one is necessarily "right" or "wrong." You'll need to find the right balance of the two which best fits the plans you have for your life. Finding the right balance between the two paths takes a lot of thought and advanced planning.

What is "wrong" is not charting the direction you really want to go and letting life whip you around aimlessly and without a plan.

You are MASS MACHINE!

Click Here to order Mass Machine Nutrition's MM25 Whey Protein on Bodybuilding.com

MaximumResults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumResults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumResults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumResults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumResults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumResults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumResults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MaximumResults has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Skip..its been a while..just stopping by to say Merry Christmas. I achieved my goals, now 206 pounds....when i was posting here before I think I was weighing like 248 and on my way down. I may come back and toss up some pics...my highest weight was 356 pounds years ago. I got certified in the process and have been helping a few people. Its not my main gig, though very rewarding where I feel led to help.

All the best in 2013! You are a mass machine

How Tough On Yourself Should You Be?

Whether you choose to be a little tougher on yourself or take a breather and enjoy life a little more, each path you take has its own set of advantages—and disadvantages.

When you decide to be tougher on yourself and expect yourself to produce better results, life usually becomes a little more taxing and stressful in the short run. However, you can almost be certain that the long term quality of your life will be greatly enhanced by your efforts.

Taking it easy on yourself for a while and stopping to "smell the roses" can certainly add quality to your life. There's no doubt about it. But what normally happens after a certain period of time is that angst builds inside you and drives you to work a little harder and accomplish a little more—all of which creates a level of pain and discomfort in the long run.

Because both routes have advantages and disadvantages, neither one is necessarily "right" or "wrong." You'll need to find the right balance of the two which best fits the plans you have for your life. Finding the right balance between the two paths takes a lot of thought and advanced planning.

What is "wrong" is not charting the direction you really want to go and letting life whip you around aimlessly and without a plan.

You are MASS MACHINE!

Click Here to order Mass Machine Nutrition's MM25 Whey Protein on Bodybuilding.com
    "Call it a comeback"

nateb79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm a Mass Machine! Thanks Skip for all your help!

Right here on this thread is where we are going to make things happen.

You will not be stopped!

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition right here on Bodybuilding.com today.

1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100)
    Hi Skip,

I remember from your past journals that you used 15g of Creatine per day,
    why did you use so much? Most of what I have read 5g seems enough.

Keep close to nature,
    Sefket Ramovic

Health, optimal muscles!

Originally Posted by 1983Warrior View Post
    Hi Skip,

I remember from your past journals that you used 15g of Creatine per day,
    why did you use so much? Most of what I have read 5g seems enough.

Keep close to nature,
    Sefket Ramovic

Health, optimal muscles!
    Hi 1983Warrior.

5 grams of creatine a day is all you need.

I don't recall using anything more than that besides when I was loading or the final week before a contest. I do remember using that much glutamine.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Last edited by skiplacour; 12-25-2012 at 02:32 PM.

jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Merry Christmas to all today!
    http://thatfitguy.com - No BS Fitness Truth
    http://youtube.com/thatfitguycom for videos
    http://blogtalkradio.com/thatfitguy for my weekly podcast
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151574043&p for my 49 Days To Supreme Confidence Journal

1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100) 1983Warrior is not very well liked. (-100)
    Regarding your Mass Machine Supplements,

I have tried most of the herbs and substances that are alleged to boost T,
    now I haven't seen much effect from them but I saw pretty descent gains
    from D-aspartic acid. Maybe you could consider it, altough there were some
    really nasty side-effects when I raised the dosages to about 10g/day. So maybe
    something like 1g is probably sufficent.

Cheers,
    Sefket Ramovic

Health, Optimal Muscles!

Longevity and Durability

Longevity and durability are very important ingredients in your ultimate success. If you can "simply hang in there" long enough, the chances are great that you'll eventually become very good at what you do.

As I always say....

Keep on keepin' on.

You are a MASS MACHINE!

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition MM1000 Micronized Creatine here on Bodybuilding.com.

Closed Thread
Page 260 of 364 FirstFirst ... 160 210 250 258 259 260 261 262 270 310 360 ... LastLast