Closed Thread
Page 257 of 364 FirstFirst ... 157 207 247 255 256 257 258 259 267 307 357 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,710 of 10915
    FieryTulip is just really nice. (+1000) FieryTulip is just really nice. (+1000) FieryTulip is just really nice. (+1000) FieryTulip is just really nice. (+1000) FieryTulip is just really nice. (+1000) FieryTulip is just really nice. (+1000) FieryTulip is just really nice. (+1000) FieryTulip is just really nice. (+1000) FieryTulip is just really nice. (+1000) FieryTulip is just really nice. (+1000) FieryTulip is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    Certainly, FieryTulip.

The only cable exercise I do is cable pushdowns for triceps.

Welcome to the thread.
    any suggestions on best substitute for leg press
    (formerly known as Deviant Motive)

I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by FieryTulip View Post
    any suggestions on best substitute for leg press
    I am assuming your have ONLY access to a squat rack in your home gym, correct?

Well, if you have enough weight to challenge you, you can load up the squat rack, get on your back, place your feet on the bar, and use that as a leg press.

If not, you'll have to make up for it with more sets of squats.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

FieryTulip is just really nice. (+1000) FieryTulip is just really nice. (+1000) FieryTulip is just really nice. (+1000) FieryTulip is just really nice. (+1000) FieryTulip is just really nice. (+1000) FieryTulip is just really nice. (+1000) FieryTulip is just really nice. (+1000) FieryTulip is just really nice. (+1000) FieryTulip is just really nice. (+1000) FieryTulip is just really nice. (+1000) FieryTulip is just really nice. (+1000)
    You are correct

I actually thought about doing that but I'm not very confident about it. I might try it with lighter weight just to see how it feels though.

I figured I'd just do more squats

I have a lot of reading to do also
    (formerly known as Deviant Motive)

glutamine for the glutes garrettkirkman's Avatar
    garrettkirkman will become famous soon enough. (+50) garrettkirkman will become famous soon enough. (+50) garrettkirkman will become famous soon enough. (+50) garrettkirkman will become famous soon enough. (+50) garrettkirkman will become famous soon enough. (+50) garrettkirkman will become famous soon enough. (+50) garrettkirkman will become famous soon enough. (+50) garrettkirkman will become famous soon enough. (+50) garrettkirkman will become famous soon enough. (+50) garrettkirkman will become famous soon enough. (+50) garrettkirkman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Skip!

any specific exercises that help add a peak to the bicep. my tri's are progressing well and my biceps are strong but the peak is lacking.

any suggestions? thanks
    bench: 275
    deadlift:385
    squat: 335

currently bulking till 210 then cutting to 195 8% bf

any questions on landscaping feel free to pm, ran my own landscaping company for 5 years.

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by garrettkirkman View Post
    Hey Skip!

any specific exercises that help add a peak to the bicep. my tri's are progressing well and my biceps are strong but the peak is lacking.

any suggestions? thanks
    Hi garrettkirkman.

Welcome to this thread and posting, brother.

There are no specific exercises that will actually change the shape of a particular muscle or muscle group. Until you reach your maximum genetic potential for that body part’s muscle growth, you’ll never know what the finished product will look like.

When it comes to the shape of any particular body part, muscle, or muscle group, everything is not under your complete control. So, when it comes to the peak of your biceps, your genetic disposition has the final say in the shape of any particular body part, muscle, or muscle group.

What you can control, however, is the amount of high-quality, dense muscle your genetic disposition has to work with. Your goal is to efficiently stimulate the muscle with good old fashioned weight training in order to maximize the amount of size and mass a particular body part carries.

As far as specific biceps exercises that work "best," I encourage you to perfect the basics like barbell curls and dumbbell curls. Whatever biceps exercise that you executed well and overload the muscle will work well. The muscle moves in the same manner.

I know. I know. People tell you all the time that concentration curls and/or cable curls work the peak of the biceps best.

The fact is that the arm moves the same and stimulate the muscle group in the same way. If you like one more than others or your executed one more than others--then THAT ONE the biceps exercise I recommend to do to improve the peak of your biceps.

Great job with your triceps!

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition MM1000 Micronized Creatine here on Bodybuilding.com.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

Mass Machine Mindset - #9

As the saying goes, “To teach is to learn twice.” Openly sharing your bodybuilding experience and knowledge with others is one of the most effective ways to take your own efforts to the next level. You’ll get a better understanding of what you are doing when you have to break it down. You’ll also be required to “walk your talk.”

There’s no need to force what you believe onto others. If people respect what you do, they’ll seek out your advice. And make sure you have the other person’s best interest in mind. When helping others, it’s NOT about you and your ego. It’s all about helping the others get what they want.

You are a MASS MACHINE!

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition MM1000 Micronized Creatine here on Bodybuilding.com.

BRAND NEW PODCAST!

Podcast #20 - November 28, 2012

Skip Encourages You To Become "Relentless" While Pursuing Your Goals and Shares His Thoughts on the Passing of His First Mentor Zig Ziglar

Click Here to listen and/or download this week's podcast.

Send me your FEEDBACK about this episode at skip@massmachinenutrition.com

Catch up on all the Mass Machine Bodybuilding.com Message Board Podcasts You Missed

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #1
    "What You Can Expect From This Weekly Podcast Created Just For This Bodybuilding.com Message Board"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #2
    "The Mass Machine Nutrition Story (So Far)- Part #1: This Story Is About YOU and Overcoming YOUR Challenges!"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #3
    "The Mass Machine Nutrition Story (So Far)- Part #2: This Story Is About YOU and Overcoming YOUR Challenges!"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #4
    "Mass Machine Bulking and Cutting Program Challenge Winner James "Canz" Canzanella Co-Hosts, Talks About the Challenge, and Shares His Future Plans"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #5
    "Dwite Tucker (aka Lex29us) joins Skip La Cour the Co-Host for This Week Podcast and "Volunteers" for Some Coaching"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #6
    "Don't Blow the Opportunities You've Worked Hard To Create By Only Going 90% of the Way There!"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #7
    "Let's Add Some Entertainment To This Message Board With Some 'Big Brother' Advice About Life"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #8
    "Skip Talks About '49 Days to Confidence', What He Loves About Podcasts, Some of the Stupid Things That Bother Him, and a Lot of Other Ramblings"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #9
    "Two Hidden Downsides of the Structured Bodybuilding and Training Lifestyle"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #10
    "Mass Machine Portia Phelps Wins Bodybuilding.com's Transformation of the Week and Shares Her Story"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #11
    "5 Steps To Take That Will Help You Succeed In Any Area of Your Life"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #12
    "Have People In Your Life Who Make You Feel 'Lazy'"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #13
    "What Our Fellow Mass Machine Dwite Tucker (Lex29us) Would Have Wanted Us To Learn In His Passing"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #14
    "Tony Ruggiero Joins the Podcast and Skip Talks About When He Was 'Devastated' By Coming in Second Place"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #15
    "Skip Talks About What It Takes To Succeed With Your Efforts and the Business of Bodybuilding with Tony Ruggiero"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #16
    "Success Strategies That You May Not Fully Understand Yet (Don't Listen To This Podcast Unless You Want To Be MASSIVELY Successful!)"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #17
    "Skip Talks About Some of the Places He Has Traveled as a Bodybuilder; A Little Business as a Bodybuilder; and A Few On the Road Stories"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #18
    "Follow The Advice of the Coach or Mentor You've Chosen Even If His Advice Doesn't Make Sense To You"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #19
    "The Importance of Taking Inventory of Your Progress and Accomplishments During Every Step of Your Journey"

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition right here on Bodybuilding.com today.

Mass Machine Mindset - #10

Don’t waste your time asking anyone what your “potential” is to build a great physique. In life, you either do or you don’t do. Potential doesn't mean much in the battle of “You versus You.” You don’t need anyone’s else’s approval or validation to go for what you want in life.

Don’t give away your POWER to someone else. It’s just the opinion of a human being made of flesh and blood just like you anyway. Just like you, they don’t have a crystal ball that sees into the future.

You are a MASS MACHINE!

Get Skip La Cour's Packing On Muscle Max-OT Style 4-Hour Digital Download Presentation
    My very best-selling DVD ever is now available for immediate downloading onto your computer at a greatly reduced price and no shipping charges!

Click Here

Mass Machine Mindset - #11

Strive to use the latest and most effective scientific research to help your reach your bodybuilding and training goals. Just remember that a GREAT PHYSIQUE should always be your ultimate goal—not the pride of knowing that you use science.

That’s like a person priding himself on being a business school graduate but losing the sight of the fact he wants to become a successful businessman. Wasn't that the purpose of earning that education? A well-educated businessman—or bodybuilder--shouldn't become satisfied with the knowledge they've earned if they aren't producing RESULTS. You can earn both.

You are a MASS MACHINE!

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up Podcast #20 - Relentless

Really enjoyed the latest Podcast on being relentless. In particular the thoughts on living a "balanced" life. This was something I struggled with for a long time, because I didn't meet someone else's idea of how I should live. For a while, I began to doubt myself & my pursuit of my passion for bodybuilding, although I never gave up or gave in. Then.... I discovered, what seemed "unbalanced" to others was the sign of a Champion!
    P.S. - you are already a Zig Ziggler for many of us!
    Visit:
    http://www.********.com/PositiveEnergy247Fitness
    http://joyhenderson.blogspot.com/
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/HenderJBvisuallinkcom
    http://www.youtube.com/user/positiveenergy247

Ecc 9:10 “Whatever your hands find to do, do it with all your might..”

Mass Machine Mindset - #12

A bodybuilding strategy doesn't need to be optimal in order to be effective. An optimal strategy—without DESIRE and DETERMINATION—can prove to be ineffective. Although most desirable, you don’t always need the “perfect” strategy to succeed if your head and heart are in the right place. You’ll eventually find your way there.

If you believe that you’re already using “perfect” strategies and still struggle, then do some soul searching. Be honest with yourself a evaluate if you truly have the desire and determination you must have in order to succeed at the level you really want.

You are a MASS MACHINE!

How You See Yourself Will Have A Tremendous Impact On Your Bodybuilding and Training Efforts!

What you will and will not do to reach your bodybuilding and training goals will depend on how you see yourself. Your Coach Skip La Cour helps you create a more empowering identity that will undoubtedly help you get closer to your bodybuilding and training goals.

Got a bodybuilding question? Ask me it LIVE on my podcast this Sunday!

Do you want some personal one-on-one time with me solving your bodybuilding and training challenges?

Do you have a question?

Do you need some motivation?

Let's talk on my 30-minute live podcast this Sunday morning at 10 am Eastern time (7 am Pacific).

Click Here to set this up.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Skip La Cour

Mass Machine Mindset - #13

When you see someone who has a physique that’s better than yours, admire it. See what he's accomplished as a source of inspiration that you can earn someday too. Don’t immediately assume that person hasn't done anything extraordinary to get that body—even though it may be far beyond what you CURRENTLY believe is possible for you. Don’t assume he was simply blessed with amazing genetics and looks that way in spite of what he does (and not because of what he does). Don’t assume he uses drugs.

Whatever you do, don’t commiserate with all the other people who will gladly agree with your limiting beliefs. Doing so will have a couple of unintended consequences that you should consider: First of all, you’ll unintentionally put a limit on what you think you can achieve in the future--and you may NEVER be able to break through that limit in the future. Your mind is very powerful and will do everything possible to make sure you stay consistent with your beliefs.

This one is very important: Even if you do step up at some point in the future, break through that limit you established, and make gains you used to believe were impossible, you’re probably going be paranoid that other people are skeptically bitching about YOUR progress. You’ll believe that other people think and act just like the small-minded person you used to be. That will really put a damper on you fully enjoying your future accomplishments.

Don’t adopt this empowering MASS MACHINE MINDSET for that other person with the great physique. Do it for YOU.

You are a MASS MACHINE!

Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Talk Radio Show and Podcast

12-2-12

Should You Use The Training Program or Diet That "Everyone" Says You Should Use?

Click Here to Listen to Podcast

LISTEN: Skip La Cour's Bodybuilding and Training MASTERY: Step-By-Step 13-Hour Audio Seminar Cour with Workbooks and 3 Free eBooks. My #1 Bodybuilding audios seminar course will coach you to success--step by step. Click Here

WATCH: Skip La Cour's Packing On Muscle Instructional 4-Hour Digital Download Presentation. My very best-selling DVD ever is now available for immediate downloading onto your computer at a greatly reduced price and no shipping charges! Click Here

Mass Machine Mindset - #14

Only associate with people at your level or above. Make sure the people you spend your time with are just as determined, optimistic, and driven as you are to reach YOUR definition of success. People who are at your level or above think the way you must think and actually do the things every day that you must do in order to succeed. As a mentor of mine always preaches, “You are the average of the five people you spend most of your time with.”

It is a fact that you will become a product of the environment you create for yourself. Never fail to realize the quality of that environment is totally under your control.

There are so many unique nuances and almost invisible details to success that people who have never achieved the success you want simply don’t understand yet and obviously can’t share with you—despite what they might think.

This is especially important to keep in mind until you are fairly confident in what you are doing. Many people who strive for less than you are very good at being who they are. Heck! They may be far better at being themselves than you are at being you at this point in time. These people can be highly influential too. If they are more certain about their values than you are about your values, they’ll cause you to doubt yourself. Be honest. How many times has that happened in the past? I see this all the time.

It is an undeniable FACT that the person who is most certain about who they are and what they are all about will CONTROL the environment of all the other people that person is with. Make things easier on yourself and only associate with people at your level or above.

After you achieve a rock-solid, confident, MASS MACHINE MINDSET, you can spend a carefully-measured part of your time with people who want help getting to your level. Just make sure they are truly committed. If they aren't, you absolutely must save yourself at cut them loose.

This is very important: If you are fortunate enough to get in the company of people who are ABOVE your current level, you’d better quickly step up your game, brother! If you don’t demonstrate enough hunger, drive, and actual EXECUTION within a certain period of time, I’d advise them to cut YOU loose!

You are a MASS MACHINE!

Your ULTIMATE Transformation Is Coming To This Forum in January 2013

Way More Growth Than Just "Big Muscles"!

Interested in learning more? Send me an email at skip@49daystosupremeconfidence.com.

Compliments of Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition right here on Bodybuilding.com today.
    Last edited by skiplacour; 12-03-2012 at 07:59 PM.

atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the opportunities Skip. I will be on board with this, I sent you an email. Although I hope the cost is minimal, I am ready to get on board. Just need the details/specifics when your ready. Also, I want to tell you that I am possibly getting into be getting into a PhD program for Counseling Supervision and Education. If this happens, I will still do this challenge, and I pray that the efforts will be conjointly beneficial.
    "If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader"
    John Quincy Adams

Originally Posted by atw1552 View Post
    Thanks for the opportunities Skip. I will be on board with this, I sent you an email. Although I hope the cost is minimal, I am ready to get on board. Just need the details/specifics when your ready. Also, I want to tell you that I am possibly getting into be getting into a PhD program for Counseling Supervision and Education. If this happens, I will still do this challenge, and I pray that the efforts will be conjointly beneficial.
    Hi atw1552......

This will be an awesome online transformation contest (similar to last year's Mass Machine Nutrition Bulking and Cutting Program Challenge).

And, just like last year's "Challenge," The 49 Days To SUPREME Confidence Transformation Challenge will be absolutely FREE compliments of Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition.

I do everything to support you--because you support me and my Mass Machine Nutrition supplement line.

Train Hard. Think Big.

atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sounds great Skip, I look forward to hearing what you have to say. A while back, you said that (in reference to your view of other bodybuilders) you were more interested in what these bodybuilders were as people, rather than just their "sucesses", titles, etc. So, I am have thought on that for some time, and wanted to ask you about it. Aside from personal successes, what portion of mentoring do you find the most satisfying? What about your success or failure (degree of) is so informative? How does your inertia influece the lives of others, and their inertia influence yours? When you look back at your life, what do you say are the key catalyst for you personally and professionaly. In the process of becoming who you are, how often did you spend time in meditation, open reflection, and spiritual development (not tied to a specific faith or practice). Were they (the experiences) merely informative for means of self-fulfillment and greater gain, or were they tied to a precept about your understanding about the meaning of life? I have an inquisitive mind, and I am curious to know a little more about those previous questions from your perspective.
    "If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader"
    John Quincy Adams

Sounds great Skip, I look forward to hearing what you have to say. A while back, you said that (in reference to your view of other bodybuilders) you were more interested in what these bodybuilders were as people, rather than just their "successes", titles, etc. So, I am have thought on that for some time, and wanted to ask you about it. Aside from personal successes, what portion of mentoring do you find the most satisfying? What about your success or failure (degree of) is so informative? How does your inertia influence the lives of others, and their inertia influence yours? When you look back at your life, what do you say are the key catalyst for you personally and professional. In the process of becoming who you are, how often did you spend time in meditation, open reflection, and spiritual development (not tied to a specific faith or practice). Were they (the experiences) merely informative for means of self-fulfillment and greater gain, or were they tied to a precept about your understanding about the meaning of life? I have an inquisitive mind, and I am curious to know a little more about those previous questions from your perspective.
    Hi atw1552....

It's interesting how the mere phrasing of those "questions" tell me a lot about YOUR beliefs and values about life.

I am not quite sure how you have used the word "inertia." I am going to assume you mean something similar to "driving force," correct?

I believe that one of the main reasons I have achieved any level of success (which isn't even close to satisfying me yet, by the way), is because of the mental and emotional perspective I've gained in the life through both FAILURE and success.

Ironically, I believe what's preventing me from getting to the level of success I truly want is my LACK of the right mental and emotional perspective.

Isn't that story everyone's story--no matter what level of success they have or have not achieved?

I am just tenacious. "Relentless" is my new catch phrase (Thanks, MzJules!), I just keep on, keepin' on.

Sure, I can teach you everything I know about training, eating right, and building a great body, but I get the very MOST satisfaction sharing the LIFE LESSONS I learned along the way.

I want inspire people to just keep on, keepin' on" because I know that they'll eventually get it--or at least be happy because they know they gave it their all

I know that a person's mental and emotional perspective will determine their level of what THEY define as "success."

Being THAT PERSON who brings that (or more of it) into your life is my driving force more than anything else.

Good question. Maybe I didn't answer it fully. If I didn't, please ask a little more specific questions.

Train Hard. Think Big.

CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    Hi atw1552......

This will be an awesome online transformation contest (similar to last year's Mass Machine Nutrition Bulking and Cutting Program Challenge).

And, just like last year's "Challenge," The 49 Days To SUPREME Confidence Transformation Challenge will be absolutely FREE compliments of Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition.

I do everything to support you--because you support me and my Mass Machine Nutrition supplement line.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Are winners of the previous challenge going to be allowed to compete?

Originally Posted by CewSaw View Post
    Are winners of the previous challenge going to be allowed to compete?
    Yes, CewSaw.

You'll see this is an entirely different, better, and ENTIRE LIFE-CHANGING transformation journey.

It will help you create a lot more than "just" a great body!

Train Hard. Think Big.

I know my values are easy to read through the nature and phrasing of my questions. My intent was to see how close my values, beliefs and motivations are similar to yours. Not for beating my chest, esteem building, or any other vain pursuit; but to see how congruent my values (learned from working as a counselor in a D&A facility) are to someone who seems to have achieved a higher level of functioning. You answered the main points of my questions, and yes inertia was meant as "energy" (sort of a yin yang).

You say "Ironically, I believe what's preventing me from getting to the level of success I truly want is my LACK of the right mental and emotional perspective."

Perhaps I can help clarify, if I may.

If you had to measure yourself, on a scale from 1-10, with 1 being "a failure in my career, personal life, etc." and 10 being "I have reached the peak of the Mount Everest in my life", where would you be? Lets say for example that your at an 8. For growth sake, what would it take to get to a 9? If you thought you made it to a 9, how would you "know" the difference? What would be noticeably different, how could others "see" this change? What can you do today to get yourself closer to your 9?

This is a simple "miracle question" formula for goals clarification. You probably have already come across it before, it seems to work for some.
    John Quincy Adams

I know my values are easy to read through the nature and phrasing of my questions. My intent was to see how close my values, beliefs and motivations are similar to yours. Not for beating my chest, esteem building, or any other vain pursuit; but to see how congruent my values (learned from working as a counselor in a D&A facility) are to someone who seems to have achieved a higher level of functioning. You answered the main points of my questions, and yes inertia was meant as "energy" (sort of a yin yang).

You say "Ironically, I believe what's preventing me from getting to the level of success I truly want is my LACK of the right mental and emotional perspective."

Perhaps I can help clarify, if I may.

If you had to measure yourself, on a scale from 1-10, with 1 being "a failure in my career, personal life, etc." and 10 being "I have reached the peak of the Mount Everest in my life", where would you be? Lets say for example that your at an 8. For growth sake, what would it take to get to a 9? If you thought you made it to a 9, how would you "know" the difference? What would be noticeably different, how could others "see" this change? What can you do today to get yourself closer to your 9?

This is a simple "miracle question" formula for goals clarification. You probably have already come across it before, it seems to work for some.
    I'm not sure if you are asking questions or making statements. LOL

Maybe both?

If I were to rate something a "9"--what exactly would that tell you? You would have to have the same exact grading system as I do.

If I said "I want to 'make a difference in the world'" you wouldn't know exactly what that meant to me compared to you anyway.

Personally, I wouldn't compare my values to someone else. I certainly wouldn't ask them. I'd simply observe. Their words may fit my values--but their actual actions may not.

I also don't assume someone else has "achieved a higher level of functioning." Maybe I have. Maybe I haven't. Maybe I've just focused on one or two areas for a longer period of time where you haven't.

This game of life is YOU versus YOU, brother.

When I've dealt with people who have mastered something that I want to become better at, their values have always been different. So different, they've taken us in different directions. I put that aside, suspend judgement as best I can, and do my my best to learn what they know.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Step Out of Your Comfort Zone!

Oliver Wendell Holmes once said, "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

The only way you can take your life to a higher level is to step out of your comfort zone and do things that you wouldn't normally do. Taking this kind of action every single day will expand who you are as a person and give you the confidence to do more.

After a week; after a month; after a year of stretching yourself in this manner, you will expand who you are as a person and never go back to the way you once were.

Take chances every day. Challenge yourself. Step out of your comfort zone and do at least TWO things every day that you wouldn't normally do.

You are a MASS MACHINE!

LISTEN: Skip La Cour's Bodybuilding and Training MASTERY: Step-By-Step 13-Hour Audio Seminar Cour with Workbooks and 3 Free eBooks. My #1 Bodybuilding audios seminar course will coach you to success--step by step. Click Here

WATCH: Skip La Cour's Packing On Muscle Instructional 4-Hour Digital Download Presentation. My very best-selling DVD ever is now available for immediate downloading onto your computer at a greatly reduced price and no shipping charges! Click Here

BRAND NEW PODCAST!

Podcast #21 - December 5, 2012

Skip Announces His Plans for the 2013 Mass Machine Nutrition "49 Days To SUPREME Confidence Transformation Challenge"

Click Here to listen and/or download this week's podcast.

Send me your FEEDBACK about this episode at skip@massmachinenutrition.com

Catch up on all the Mass Machine Bodybuilding.com Message Board Podcasts You Missed

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #1
    "What You Can Expect From This Weekly Podcast Created Just For This Bodybuilding.com Message Board"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #2
    "The Mass Machine Nutrition Story (So Far)- Part #1: This Story Is About YOU and Overcoming YOUR Challenges!"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #3
    "The Mass Machine Nutrition Story (So Far)- Part #2: This Story Is About YOU and Overcoming YOUR Challenges!"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #4
    "Mass Machine Bulking and Cutting Program Challenge Winner James "Canz" Canzanella Co-Hosts, Talks About the Challenge, and Shares His Future Plans"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #5
    "Dwite Tucker (aka Lex29us) joins Skip La Cour the Co-Host for This Week Podcast and "Volunteers" for Some Coaching"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #6
    "Don't Blow the Opportunities You've Worked Hard To Create By Only Going 90% of the Way There!"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #7
    "Let's Add Some Entertainment To This Message Board With Some 'Big Brother' Advice About Life"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #8
    "Skip Talks About '49 Days to Confidence', What He Loves About Podcasts, Some of the Stupid Things That Bother Him, and a Lot of Other Ramblings"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #9
    "Two Hidden Downsides of the Structured Bodybuilding and Training Lifestyle"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #10
    "Mass Machine Portia Phelps Wins Bodybuilding.com's Transformation of the Week and Shares Her Story"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #11
    "5 Steps To Take That Will Help You Succeed In Any Area of Your Life"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #12
    "Have People In Your Life Who Make You Feel 'Lazy'"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #13
    "What Our Fellow Mass Machine Dwite Tucker (Lex29us) Would Have Wanted Us To Learn In His Passing"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #14
    "Tony Ruggiero Joins the Podcast and Skip Talks About When He Was 'Devastated' By Coming in Second Place"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #15
    "Skip Talks About What It Takes To Succeed With Your Efforts and the Business of Bodybuilding with Tony Ruggiero"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #16
    "Success Strategies That You May Not Fully Understand Yet (Don't Listen To This Podcast Unless You Want To Be MASSIVELY Successful!)"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #17
    "Skip Talks About Some of the Places He Has Traveled as a Bodybuilder; A Little Business as a Bodybuilder; and A Few On the Road Stories"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #18
    "Follow The Advice of the Coach or Mentor You've Chosen Even If His Advice Doesn't Make Sense To You"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #19
    "The Importance of Taking Inventory of Your Progress and Accomplishments During Every Step of Your Journey"

Click Here to listen and/or download Podcast #20
    "Skip Encourages You To Become 'Relentless" While Pursuing Your Goals and Shares His Thoughts on the Passing of His First Mentor Zig Ziglar"

Manslaughter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Skip, everytime I bench heavy weight, I find it hard to keep my wrists locked in a straight position. My wrists are always pushed back, activating my forearm extensors and causing me a lot of wrist pain, during and after the workout. Any tips on how to keep my wrists straight so that I'm not in any pain?

gymrat992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up im back......

Hey skip and fellow mass machines!

Although I've been training all along I've been away from this mass machine forum for a while but I'm pumped to be back! Can't wait to catch up with everyone!
    Thanks,
    Steve
    Gymrat992
    I AM A MASS MACHINE!

Originally Posted by Manslaughter View Post
    Hey Skip, everytime I bench heavy weight, I find it hard to keep my wrists locked in a straight position. My wrists are always pushed back, activating my forearm extensors and causing me a lot of wrist pain, during and after the workout. Any tips on how to keep my wrists straight so that I'm not in any pain?
    Hi Manslaughter....

Do you even flat bench press? Is that what you are talking about?

Shall I assume you are talking about your "Dorian Yates Approved" decline bench press?

I'm not even sure what you are talking about. Your wrists should never be locked in the "straight position" but, at the same time, they shouldn't be pushed back either.

Do have a challenge gripping and controlling the dumbbell, bar, or apparatus on any other exercises?

Closed Thread
Page 257 of 364 FirstFirst ... 157 207 247 255 256 257 258 259 267 307 357 ... LastLast