Closed Thread
Page 219 of 364 FirstFirst ... 119 169 209 217 218 219 220 221 229 269 319 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,570 of 10915
    Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hey Coach.

Looking for your critique of my DB Curls.

Watching your instructional videos and listening to your podcasts has really overhauled my training. I used to be "that guy" with the forties, too concerned with form rather than actually building muscle. The most I curled prior to the start of the program was 50lbs. These here are 70's, and I'm looking to hit the 80's pretty soon. Gave it a go last night, but its not there yet. Looking at the video, I think I could control the weight on the way down a little more, but I'd like to hear your thoughts.

-Lex

I AM A MASS MACHINE!!
    TRAINING HARD, & THINKING BIG!!

Follow me on my Mass Machine Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post842138641

Click here to order
    Skip LaCour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today
    Join "Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Bodybuilding" BULKING AND CUTTING PROGRAM CHALLENGE!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b5T75Ci8Zw

"Whatever the mind can conceive, can always be achieved!"

"Visualization is the seed, that sprouts success"

http://www.********.com/Tucks71?ref=tn_tnmn#!/Tucks71

http://twitter.com/#!/Lex29us

I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Albin1 View Post
    glad to join this forum and find a pro who can help

25 years a go i was a bodybuilder , now i am 51 years old and i just started one week a go

i would like from you to give your opinion about my routine and nutrition as well

i understand that people over 50 need more time to recover
    so i train on day and rest the next and so on

day 1
    chest 3 workouts total 9 sets
    triceps 2 workouts total 6 sets
    abs 4 sets to failure

day 2
    30 min cardio

day 3

back 3 workouts total 10 sets
    biceps 2 workouts total 6 sets

day 4
    30 min cardio

day 5

shouldrs 3 workouts total 10 sets
    traps 1 workout of 3 sets
    forearms 4 total sets
    abs 1 workout to failure

day 6
    rest

day 7
    legs and calves

day 8 rest

then i would start all over again
    keeping my reps in the range of 10-12

my nutrition
    3 meals per day 40 % protien 40 % carbs 20 % fats
    also one protien shack at mid morming and another post workouts

what you think ? any comments ?
    thanks alot and have a good day
    cheer up
    Hi Albin1.

Welcome to this Forum thread--and welcome back to bodybuilding.

Your structure looks great. Now, it's time to execute your plan with confidence and consistency.

Come back and check in with me about what you can do to take it to the next level after 3 full months of executing this plan.

Of course, come back to this thread as often as you can to ask more questions and inspiration.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Lex29us View Post
    Hey Coach.

Looking for your critique of my DB Curls.

Watching your instructional videos and listening to your podcasts has really overhauled my training. I used to be "that guy" with the forties, too concerned with form rather than actually building muscle. The most I curled prior to the start of the program was 50lbs. These here are 70's, and I'm looking to hit the 80's pretty soon. Gave it a go last night, but its not there yet. Looking at the video, I think I could control the weight on the way down a little more, but I'd like to hear your thoughts.

-Lex
    Hey, Lex29us.

Dude....you are blowing up! You've gained some serious size. Awesome job.

Those were very, very good Dumbbell Curls!

Great determination attacking the 70s.

The intensity was outstanding. I'm am really happy to see that in you! I think that was lacking before. Your "animal instinct" is what makes all this stuff happen for you.

You handled the weight very well. That level of execution and "form" is more than good enough to stimulate maximum muscle growth. NEVER go back to sacrificing that level of intensity and amount of challenging weight for what other put too much value on...and that's what they consider "good form."

Here's a couple of things to make those Dumbbell Curls even better:

You mind sort of "turns off" once you've driven the weight to the top. The rep isn't over yet!

Like you already noticed, control the weight on the way down. Slow down the speed on the way down (the negative) in half. Don't start thinking about that other arm until AFTER you have the dummbell all the way back down.

You'll get the timing of this down pretty easily and quickly--once you realize the concept you are striving for.

You also want to have your palms fully OPEN for as much of the rep as possible--on the way up AND on the way down.

Your form is significantly better with your right arm--compared to your left arm. Take a look.

You are bringing your left arm in at an angle. Straighten it out more like your right. Tuck those elbows in close to your torso.

Awesome job, my man!

Congratulations on your progress.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click here to order

Click learn to learn about Skip La Cour's Bodybuilding Nutrition System
    and take your efforts to the next level.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

Albin1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thank you for encouraging me ,
    i still have some points to be cleared to me

1- for biceps workouts whats better to do after barbell curls ( dumbel curls or hammer curls ) ?
    2- i usually have my lunch at 11:30 A.M. and my workouts start at 04:30 , is it better no to eat between these times to burn more fats , or shall i eat something pre workout , if so what to eat ?
    3- the cardio workout , is it better to do it right after the wieght lifting workouts or during the rest days ?

thanks alot and my best regards to you

thank you for encouraging me ,
    i still have some points to be cleared to me

1- for biceps workouts whats better to do after barbell curls ( dumbel curls or hammer curls ) ?
    One exercise is never "better" than doing another in any situation. Every exercise done in any particular has benefits. You should go through weekly stretches of training cycles with different exercises in different orders.

2- i usually have my lunch at 11:30 A.M. and my workouts start at 04:30 , is it better no to eat between these times to burn more fats , or shall i eat something pre workout , if so what to eat ?
    When you eat your meals in regards to your workouts has little do with how much fat you burn during that workout. Very little if any fat is "burned" during the workout itself. Concentrate on good eating habits on a consistent basis over an extended period of time. That' how you lose body fat.

3- the cardio workout , is it better to do it right after the wieght lifting workouts or during the rest days ?
    The very "best" situation would be to do cardio on your days off from weight training.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Shandwerker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Back

Skip-

I just re-viewed one of Tryus' back training videos, and I noticed three specific things about his pull ups:

1-Tyrus never brings his chin above the bar. Rather, he stops his upward movement when his forehead is about parallel with the bar;

2-His grip is pretty narrow. Maybe even a little narrower than shoulder length;

3-On the way down, he doesn't go to full extension, so that his lats are stretched. Instead, he uses a much tighter range of motion.

I'm curious as to the reason behind each of these three facets of his pull up form. Is it due to the fact that only a small range of motion during the pull-up is needed to really stimulate growth in the back? Is the rest of it (coming down all the way and pulling up all the way) useless motion that needlessly wastes energy?

Many thanks,
    Scott

Originally Posted by Shandwerker View Post
    Skip-

I just re-viewed one of Tryus' back training videos, and I noticed three specific things about his pull ups:

1-Tyrus never brings his chin above the bar. Rather, he stops his upward movement when his forehead is about parallel with the bar;

2-His grip is pretty narrow. Maybe even a little narrower than shoulder length;

3-On the way down, he doesn't go to full extension, so that his lats are stretched. Instead, he uses a much tighter range of motion.

I'm curious as to the reason behind each of these three facets of his pull up form. Is it due to the fact that only a small range of motion during the pull-up is needed to really stimulate growth in the back? Is the rest of it (coming down all the way and pulling up all the way) useless motion that needlessly wastes energy?

Many thanks,
    Scott
    Hi Shandwerker.

The grip is probably something I can totally be on board with (although I don't know the video you are referring to). I don't believe that a wider grip changes the structure of your body and makes it "wider" like is commonly believed in bodybuilding circles.

As far as the range of motion is concerned, the higher you can go up at the top and the longer stretch you can get on the bottom you can go, the better.

But you do have to balance that with the amount of weight he adds to his body to overload the targeted muscle group.

Again, I don't know the video you are referring to (just send me a PM--you don't need to post it here), but I bet he has at least 2 45-pound plates strapped to his body.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Charles956 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=skiplacour;881020751]Hey, Lex29us.

The intensity was outstanding. I'm am really happy to see that in you! I think that was lacking before. Your "animal instinct" is what makes all this stuff happen for you.

You handled the weight very well. That level of execution and "form" is more than good enough to stimulate maximum muscle growth. NEVER go back to sacrificing that level of intensity and amount of challenging weight for what other put too much value on...and that's what they consider "good form."

You mind sort of "turns off" once you've driven the weight to the top. The rep isn't over yet!

Like you already noticed, control the weight on the way down. Slow down the speed on the way down (the negative) in half. Don't start thinking about that other arm until AFTER you have the dummbell all the way back down.

You'll get the timing of this down pretty easily and quickly--once you realize the concept you are striving for.

You also want to have your palms fully OPEN for as much of the rep as possible--on the way up AND on the way down.

Your form is significantly better with your right arm--compared to your left arm. Take a look.

You are bringing your left arm in at an angle. Straighten it out more like your right. Tuck those elbows in close to your torso.

Awesome job, my man!

Train Hard. Think Big.

I'll take that advice as if you were telling me, Skip. My curls look identical to Lex but with the 45s on the dumbbell and hammer curls in the 4-6 rep range. This guy recently in the gym approached me after the set and told me about using strict form. I told him I believed loose form was better and that very strict form inhibited weight and stength increase. He repeated the benefits of strict form and I repeated my belief. He was stubborn and I told him ok and then continued with my bicep workout the same.

Originally Posted by Charles956 View Post
    I'll take that advice as if you were telling me, Skip. My curls look identical to Lex but with the 45s on the dumbbell and hammer curls in the 4-6 rep range. This guy recently in the gym approached me after the set and told me about using strict form. I told him I believed loose form was better and that very strict form inhibited weight and stength increase. He repeated the benefits of strict form and I repeated my belief. He was stubborn and I told him ok and then continued with my bicep workout the same.
    You know, I hate for my "brothers in iron" to even have to go through that bulls**t in the gym.

You need to learn how to NON VERBALLY communicate...with your body language, facial expressions, and eye movements....

"F**k the h**l off, b**t*ch, because no one asked you for your two-bit opinion! Now get the h**l out of my face because I'm training."

I just can't imagine someone coming up to me and saying that.

Better yet, you should have be able to figure out what he was going to say to you from his body language to turned him away with your BEFORE he even got within 20 feet of you. If you think back, you had a good feeling why he was approaching you, right? Trust your instincts.

See www.MANformation.com
    Last edited by skiplacour; 05-11-2012 at 12:57 PM.

Charles956 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=skiplacour;881150871]You know, I hate for my "brothers in iron" to even have to go through that bulls**t in the gym.

You need to learn how to NON VERBALLY communicate...with your body language, facial expressions, and eye movements....

"F**k the h**l off, b**t*ch, because no one asked you for your two-bit opinion! Now get the h**l out of my face because I'm training."

I just can't imagine someone coming up to me and saying that.

Better yet, you should have be able to figure out what he was going to say to you from his body language to turned him away with your BEFORE he even got within 20 feet of you. If you think back, you had a good feeling why he was approaching you, right? Trust your instincts.

In fact, I did know why he was approaching me. He said "I don't mean to but in man but umm" and I said an assertive tone "You a real strict form guy?" And our dicussion began. I am a follower of your Manformation program so I did speak in an assertive tone and look him in the eye. I didn't give him the "f you stare" though because as you can see by his first statement he was trying to be as nice and non-offensive as possible while sticking to his point. I didn't feel the need to take it to that level. However, that reminds me of a question I wanted to ask you. Where is an appropriate place to ask you a Manformation question?

Originally Posted by Charles956 View Post

In fact, I did know why he was approaching me. He said "I don't mean to but in man but umm" and I said an assertive tone "You a real strict form guy?" And our dicussion began. I am a follower of your Manformation program so I did speak in an assertive tone and look him in the eye. I didn't give him the "f you stare" though because as you can see by his first statement he was trying to be as nice and non-offensive as possible while sticking to his point. I didn't feel the need to take it to that level. However, that reminds me of a question I wanted to ask you. Where is an appropriate place to ask you a Manformation question?
    It sounded like he was hellbent on enlightening you that "his way" was better than yours.

You must have been lifting some impressive weight--and he just had to come over and give you the "Yeah. but...." justification. LOL

You can ask a MANformation question here, brother.

pramirez31180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pramirez31180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pramirez31180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pramirez31180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pramirez31180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pramirez31180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pramirez31180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile question

Whats up coach i have 2 questions for you.
    1. Do you think that reverse bb bicep curls are essential or are they useless in bicep development?
    2. Since you seen me train before what can i do to take it to the next level in my training.

Ps great podcast you helped me realize a few things about myself since i come from a very violent background i tend to act a little out of character as far as taking in criticism which might help me in the future which is something i have to adjust. Love the fact that you are an affective coach it keeps pushing me and motivate me. Keep doing what you do.

Originally Posted by pramirez31180 View Post
    Whats up coach i have 2 questions for you.
    1. Do you think that reverse bb bicep curls are essential or are they useless in bicep development?
    Hey, .

If you are moving around some weight and stimulating the targeted muscles, any exercise can make its way out of the "useless" category.

You want to use the effective and efficient exercises. I think there are much better options to stimulate the biceps and that's why I don't include them in Mass Machine Training.

2. Since you seen me train before what can i do to take it to the next level in my training.
    There was HUGE improvement in your level of focus, determination, and intensity from your first video post to your second.

Keep take that to higher and higher levels. The rest will fall into place.

Don't misunderstand what I wrote to you in the PM. I was basically telling you that your training wasn't so "off the charts" for that guy to approach you in the gym and compliment you. Men just don't do that and have the conversation he had with you. I think he had an ulterior motive and saw you as a potential customer.

Ps great podcast you helped me realize a few things about myself since i come from a very violent background i tend to act a little out of character as far as taking in criticism which might help me in the future which is something i have to adjust. Love the fact that you are an affective coach it keeps pushing me and motivate me. Keep doing what you do.
    All for love, all for love.

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up Thoughts on the Conference Call

Lots of thought after listening to the conference call today. I was thinking about the homework assignment & influences. I realized some of the biggest influences don't have to be people that you are physically around every day. It struck me in the face that Skip LaCour is a major influence in my life.

How could that NOT be true when there is Thinking Big II in my living room along with Packing on Muscle Max OT. Then at my office there is the the first Thinking Big that I have worked through & keep at my desk as a reminder of a few things. Manformation and lots of other podcasts are in my IPOD and the Challenge influences me every day. Sometimes we are not even aware of how influenced we are by people around us even when we don't associate with them every day or even really know them. This can be a good thing or a bad thing. The homework assignment is very helpful in making us aware of our influences which is a major key to success. Thanks!

I also wanted to shed some positive energy about the power of KEEP ON KEEPING ON. In the conference call last week on plateaus, Skip mentioned how his bodyweight didn't change dramatically in his later years of competition but that he just kept on keeping on knowing he was still making progress. I get a great sense of pride because I know I have kept on keeping on for 10+ years and the 140# I shot in this photo today is nothing like the 140# I was 10 years ago. I am no where near done building my ultimate physique.

Keep On Keeping On Mass Machines!

Click here to order
    Last edited by henderjb; 05-11-2012 at 06:15 PM.
    Visit:
    http://www.********.com/PositiveEnergy247Fitness
    http://joyhenderson.blogspot.com/
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/HenderJBvisuallinkcom
    http://www.youtube.com/user/positiveenergy247

Ecc 9:10 “Whatever your hands find to do, do it with all your might..”

pramirez31180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pramirez31180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pramirez31180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pramirez31180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pramirez31180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pramirez31180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pramirez31180 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    Hey, .

If you are moving around some weight and stimulating the targeted muscles, any exercise can make its way out of the "useless" category.

You want to use the effective and efficient exercises. I think there are much better options to stimulate the biceps and that's why I don't include them in Mass Machine Training.

There was HUGE improvement in your level of focus, determination, and intensity from your first video post to your second.

Keep take that to higher and higher levels. The rest will fall into place.

Don't misunderstand what I wrote to you in the PM. I was basically telling you that your training wasn't so "off the charts" for that guy to approach you in the gym and compliment you. Men just don't do that and have the conversation he had with you. I think he had an ulterior motive and saw you as a potential customer.

All for love, all for love.

Thank you so much coach

jayflex6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayflex6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Here you go coach!
    A Captain for "Results University." Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Bulking and Cutting Challenge

bodygroup: http://groups.bodybuilding.com/mm_bulking_and_cutting_challenge
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141324201

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion....Impossible is nothing." - Muhammad Ali

pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi pphelps83.

That's a good place to be!

You'll either need to set higher, more ambitious goals or move the "golden nuggets" from what you've learned about yourself in this "Challenge" and address other areas of your life.

Many of us who get into this "fitness thing" are using it to regulate our emotions and feel in emotional control over other challenging issues going on our lives.

Many times we don't even realize it. This is especially true of hardcore fitness people because we see our clinging to "Top 1%" training, eating, and physique disciplines as an elite source of POWER that not very people can or are willing to do--and nothing else.

When I got everything I felt I needed physically, mentally, and emotionally out of bodybuilding/fitness, I moved on to finally attacking other areas of my life that I had been unknowingly avoiding like business, creating wealth, and creating close and connected relationships.

Maybe it's time to keep up the amazing fitness lifestyle habits you've ingrained into your essence, put them on "auto pilot (like me), and move onto tackling other areas of your life with the same amount of passion and intensity as you have demonstrated in this "Challenge."

Tell me if this is "hitting a cord" with you.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click here to order
    Yes this hit a cord with me Skip

I know the qualities i have uncovered in myself can and will be transferred to other areas of my life, I love being so motivated in my life it really is helping become a better me!!

I have set a plan to get my career going i have put this off for a while but now i feel like i have the follow through to acheive this.

Fear prevents action........ i feel like i don't have any now!!

======================

Click here to order
    Train hard and Think Big

I am a relentless Mass Machine

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Originally Posted by jayflex6 View Post

Here you go coach!
    I'm curious to know what YOU think about those Squats after watching the video.

jayflex6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayflex6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm curious to know what YOU think about those Squats after watching the video.
    Great question. This was my first set so after watching it in the gym, I wasn't all that happy at all to be honest. I feel I could have gone a lot deeper and more focus on the glutes. I just wrote in my journal that this was my first time training legs in the AM, I wasn't nearly warmed up enough and that first set was very uncomfortable. My second set was much better but I did not film it. I wasn't there mentally this set. I'd give it a 6/10 just because I know I'm a lot better than that.
    A Captain for "Results University." Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Bulking and Cutting Challenge

bodygroup: http://groups.bodybuilding.com/mm_bulking_and_cutting_challenge
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141324201

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion....Impossible is nothing." - Muhammad Ali

Originally Posted by jayflex6 View Post
    Great question. This was my first set so after watching it in the gym, I wasn't all that happy at all to be honest. I feel I could have gone a lot deeper and more focus on the glutes. I just wrote in my journal that this was my first time training legs in the AM, I wasn't nearly warmed up enough and that first set was very uncomfortable. My second set was much better but I did not film it. I wasn't there mentally this set. I'd give it a 6/10 just because I know I'm a lot better than that.
    You got it.

Lighten the weight and go a lot deeper.

You'll be back to that weight soon.

I can see it.

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Skip, when I do bench press exercises, I have to be careful not to overarch my back so that it raises up off the bench. I was going heavier in this exercise than shown in this video but was having trouble with this so I backed off the weight a bit to what is shown in this video. I have the same trouble when doing bench presses with the free bar. Is this something I am doing wrong in my bench press form or how can I avoid this? There is some blank air space at the end of this video - just ignore it. Thanks!

Visit:

Originally Posted by henderjb View Post
    Skip, when I do bench press exercises, I have to be careful not to overarch my back so that it raises up off the bench. I was going heavier in this exercise than shown in this video but was having trouble with this so I backed off the weight a bit to what is shown in this video. I have the same trouble when doing bench presses with the free bar. Is this something I am doing wrong in my bench press form or how can I avoid this? There is some blank air space at the end of this video - just ignore it. Thanks!

Hi henderjb.

It's fine if your back is arched. In fact, your back should stretched, arched, and lock during EVER exercise.

You just want to make sure your butt, shoulders, and head are firmly planted to the bench when bench pressing.

I would control the negative portion of that movement a lot more.

Also, don't let the machine bounce of the bottom. You should be controlling the weight and bringing it down as far as you can without the machine touching the bottom and momentarily taking the tension off the targeted muscle group.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Eliminating Body Fat In Those Stubborn Places (Targeted Fat Reduction) - Video #106

In this video, your Coach Skip La Cour tells you the truth about targeted fat reduction or losing body fat in those stubborn places with specific exercises.

Click here to order

Amoney1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Amoney1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Amoney1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Amoney1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Amoney1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Amoney1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Amoney1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Amoney1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Amoney1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Amoney1986 is just really nice. (+1000) Amoney1986 is just really nice. (+1000)
    More Manformation please!!
    Your body is your most prized possession.

Thanks a lot for the advice. Shooting videos of my training is really helping. Having the headphones on, I didn't realize that on a lot of my exercise I let the weight hit the stack fairly hard or in this case the machine at the bottom.

I think I have been doing a lot of "throwing" the weights around in an attempt to get stronger. That's good but I think I am realizing I can do better by controlling the weight & putting more focus on the target muscle. At first I felt like I was backing down when I realized I may have to lighten the weight some to get better control, but I believe it will get me better results.

Hi henderjb.

It's fine if your back is arched. In fact, your back should stretched, arched, and lock during EVER exercise.

You just want to make sure your butt, shoulders, and head are firmly planted to the bench when bench pressing.

I would control the negative portion of that movement a lot more.

Also, don't let the machine bounce of the bottom. You should be controlling the weight and bringing it down as far as you can without the machine touching the bottom and momentarily taking the tension off the targeted muscle group.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Visit:

Originally Posted by henderjb View Post
    Thanks a lot for the advice. Shooting videos of my training is really helping. Having the headphones on, I didn't realize that on a lot of my exercise I let the weight hit the stack fairly hard or in this case the machine at the bottom.

I think I have been doing a lot of "throwing" the weights around in an attempt to get stronger. That's good but I think I am realizing I can do better by controlling the weight & putting more focus on the target muscle. At first I felt like I was backing down when I realized I may have to lighten the weight some to get better control, but I believe it will get me better results.
    You may not need to lighten up on the weight. And, if you do, you might have to do it for very long.

Just becoming aware of what your were actually doing--and then making the needed adjustments because you are more conscious of what you are doing may be all it takes.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hey, Lex29us.

Awesome job, my man!

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click here to order

Hey Coach!
    As always I thank you for your comments. They are more than just informative, but incouraging as well. I took another look at the video and you are absolutely right. My left isn't mimicking the right at all. I'll take notice of that next time I train biceps, along with controling that weight more on the negative. I said it before and I'll say it again, I've learned more in five months following your teachings than I have in 10 years of doing it on my own. I appreciate you bro!

-Lex

I AM A MASS MACHINE!!
    TRAINING HARD, & THINKING BIG!!

Follow me on my Mass Machine Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post842138641

Click here to order
    Join "Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Bodybuilding" BULKING AND CUTTING PROGRAM CHALLENGE!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b5T75Ci8Zw

"Whatever the mind can conceive, can always be achieved!"

"Visualization is the seed, that sprouts success"

http://www.********.com/Tucks71?ref=tn_tnmn#!/Tucks71

http://twitter.com/#!/Lex29us

Originally Posted by Lex29us View Post
    Hey Coach!
    As always I thank you for your comments. They are more than just informative, but incouraging as well. I took another look at the video and you are absolutely right. My left isn't mimicking the right at all. I'll take notice of that next time I train biceps, along with controling that weight more on the negative. I said it before and I'll say it again, I've learned more in five months following your teachings than I have in 10 years of doing it on my own. I appreciate you bro!

-Lex
    You are doing the work, my man.

I am happy to provide the information and inspiration.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click here to order

Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Talk Radio Show and Podcast

5-13-12

In this podcast, Tyler Leenknetch checks in with Skip La Cour with just eight left before his bodybuilding contest.

Click Here to Listen to Podcast

Click here to order

Samuli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Samuli has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    ^--- Good stuff Skip, I love to hear about muscle maturity and competition weight related stuff. My goal is to be lean 200 pounds, that's what is am striving for every day and I'm getting there, sloooooooowly but surely

Again, good stuff brother!

Closed Thread
Page 219 of 364 FirstFirst ... 119 169 209 217 218 219 220 221 229 269 319 ... LastLast