Closed Thread
Page 210 of 364 FirstFirst ... 110 160 200 208 209 210 211 212 220 260 310 ... LastLast
Results 6,271 to 6,300 of 10915
    tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What to do? What to do?
    Was in a different town this morning and went to the local gym. Thought it opened at 5am but sat there and nobody showed. What to do? Had to look up the closest gym on my phone and drive there, then pay a 15 dollar drop in fee. I can't and won't miss a workout. I started a little lat (around 5:30am) and had to do some extreme modifications because there was a lack of equipment there. Did what I could but got the most out of the situation. Where there's a will there's a way.
    Follow my 2013 Contest Preparation Journal on Bodybuilding.com: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152959321

Get you questions answered by Skip La Cour in the Mass Machine Bodybuilding Thread on the Bodybuilding.com Forum: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107699061&page=282

http://www.youtube.com/user/tyseagle?feature=mhee

tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Updated

I have updated my journal, pics, weight, and assignment answer. Check it out and please leave questions or comments.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post863478751
    Follow my 2013 Contest Preparation Journal on Bodybuilding.com: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152959321

Get you questions answered by Skip La Cour in the Mass Machine Bodybuilding Thread on the Bodybuilding.com Forum: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107699061&page=282

Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Last edited by Lex29us; 04-10-2012 at 06:54 AM.
    Join "Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Bodybuilding" BULKING AND CUTTING PROGRAM CHALLENGE!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b5T75Ci8Zw

"Whatever the mind can conceive, can always be achieved!"

"Visualization is the seed, that sprouts success"

http://www.********.com/Tucks71?ref=tn_tnmn#!/Tucks71

http://twitter.com/#!/Lex29us

I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If You Want To Get Lean, Ripped And "Cut" You MUST Know The Answers To These Questions! - #84

Your Coach Skip La Cour discusses the importance of eating properly if you want to build muscle and lose body fat.

If You Want To Get Lean, Ripped And "Cut" You MUST Know The Answers To These Questions!

1. How many total calories do you eat over the course of the day?

2. How much protein is in your daily diet (grams and percentage)?

3. How many carbohydrates are in your daily diet (grams and percentage)?

4. What types of carbohydrates do you each each day (starchy, sugars, fruits, and fibrous) and when do you eat them?

5. How much fat is in your daily diet (grams and percentage)?

6. How many meals do you divide your daily caloric total into?

7. Do those meals have structured and planned times every day? If so, what are those times?

8. On a scale from 1 to 10 (10 being outstanding; 1 being terrible; 5 being average), just how CONSISTENT are you at following through with this structured eating plan? How long have you been executing your plan at that level (and, do you really think that's long enough to have reached your goals? Be honest.)

9. Are your "cheat days" and/or "cheat meals" (those days and meals that you eat not-so-healthy, "junk" food structured into your nutritional program) planned in advance? How many of those days and meals are planned? When are those days and meals planned?

10. Do you have this eating program outlined and documented in a computer spreadsheet (or at least have it written down on paper)?

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    If You Want To Get Lean, Ripped And "Cut" You MUST Know The Answers To These Questions! - #84

Your Coach Skip La Cour discusses the importance of eating properly if you want to build muscle and lose body fat.

If You Want To Get Lean, Ripped And "Cut" You MUST Know The Answers To These Questions!

1. How many total calories do you eat over the course of the day?

2. How much protein is in your daily diet (grams and percentage)?

3. How many carbohydrates are in your daily diet (grams and percentage)?

4. What types of carbohydrates do you each each day (starchy, sugars, fruits, and fibrous) and when do you eat them?

5. How much fat is in your daily diet (grams and percentage)?

6. How many meals do you divide your daily caloric total into?

7. Do those meals have structured and planned times every day? If so, what are those times?

8. On a scale from 1 to 10 (10 being outstanding; 1 being terrible; 5 being average), just how CONSISTENT are you at following through with this structured eating plan? How long have you been executing your plan at that level (and, do you really think that's long enough to have reached your goals? Be honest.)

9. Are your "cheat days" and/or "cheat meals" (those days and meals that you eat not-so-healthy, "junk" food structured into your nutritional program) planned in advance? How many of those days and meals are planned? When are those days and meals planned?

10. Do you have this eating program outlined and documented in a computer spreadsheet (or at least have it written down on paper)?

Click here to order
    Great informational video!

-Lex
    Join "Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Bodybuilding" BULKING AND CUTTING PROGRAM CHALLENGE!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b5T75Ci8Zw

"Whatever the mind can conceive, can always be achieved!"

"Visualization is the seed, that sprouts success"

http://www.********.com/Tucks71?ref=tn_tnmn#!/Tucks71

http://twitter.com/#!/Lex29us

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Lex29us View Post
    That's a good question, Lex29us.

I am NOT going to answer your question the way many people WANT to learn the answer--but how they SHOULD learn the answer.

1. If someone is currently NOT following a structured eating plan, I won't even waste my time answering this question about carbohydrates. Why? Because if you not are doing the FUNDAMENTAL, BASICS when it comes to eating then the chances are great that you aren't going to do the "next level" carbohydrate type and timing strategies either.

I would encourage the person to learn the basics of eating--and actually follow through with those for a few months before even discussing more involved carbohydrate strategies.

2. The BASICS of good eating habits would include:

a) Knowing how many calories you eat every day
    b) Know how many carbohydrates you eat every day--regardless of the type and what time of day you eat them.
    c) Actually following through with what you know for 3 months

3. Then a person needs to know what actually differentiates on type of carbohydrate from another. I would have them "Google" and learn what a "Gycemic index" is and why knowing that is important. If they aren't going to take the time to learn what a glycemic index is, then I'm sure I will be wasting my time explaining all of this to them because they are probably just as unmotivated to follow through anyway.

Again, I would just direct them back to the basics of sound eating habits.

4. Basically, different carbohydrates have different gylcemic indexes. You'll notice that some foods/carbohydrates have basically the same glycemic index--so it really doesn't matter choosing one versus the other.

5. A general rule of thumb is the carbohydrates with highest glycemic indexes should be eaten before your workout and after your workout. Sugars and fruits are good examples.

6. Another general rule of thumb is that carbohydratess that are not quite as high as the highest glycemic index carbohydrates (but higher than carbohydrates with very low glycemic indexes) should be eaten earlier in the day and within a couple of hours after your workout. Potatoes, brown rice, and oatmeal are good examples.

7. The carbohydrates with the lowest glycemic indexes should be eaten at the other times of day and when you are making a serious effort to lose body fat in the short term. Green vegetables are a perfect example of these types of carbohydrates.

Many people feel that much of this doesn't matter to the average person striving to get in shape--as long as they stay within their macronutrient range. I tend to agree this belief. Most people need to just stick to the basics and they'll meet their goals.

The are getting "ripped" and lean because of the carbohydrates they are and are not eating--they are eating too many carbohydrates and, thus, too many calories to get ripped and lean.

You don't want to complicate matters with "next level" eating strategies if they only cause you to not follow through on a consistent basis.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click here to order
    Skip LaCour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

I AM A MASS MACHINE! caseybenavente's Avatar
    caseybenavente is not very well liked. (-100) caseybenavente is not very well liked. (-100) caseybenavente is not very well liked. (-100) caseybenavente is not very well liked. (-100) caseybenavente is not very well liked. (-100) caseybenavente is not very well liked. (-100) caseybenavente is not very well liked. (-100) caseybenavente is not very well liked. (-100) caseybenavente is not very well liked. (-100) caseybenavente is not very well liked. (-100) caseybenavente is not very well liked. (-100)
    Hey coach through out they day lately for about 3 weeks I've have been craving carbs is this normal? I'll have this craving about an half hour after my shake.

Originally Posted by caseybenavente View Post
    Hey coach through out they day lately for about 3 weeks I've have been craving carbs is this normal? I'll have this craving about an half hour after my shake.
    It's quite common for everyone to crave carbs (starchy or sugars) to some degree. They are a quick source of energy that make you feel good.

Brandon6363 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First off I'm still relatively new to working out (a few months total). I'm a freshman in high school, play basketball, about 6'7 165 lbs, and am looking for some beginner tips. I have a small amount of fat so you can't see abs when relaxed but when i flex they do look pretty good. I'm not worried about ripped abs as of yet though and am more concerned about my upper body skinnyness. My chest is a little less than average and my arms are tremendously skinny. I bench about 85 and curl about 65 (both arms). As of now my team works out after school but its very inconsistant (I'd say 2/5 days a week) but I don't know what days they are until the day of. When we do workout it is a great workout and all its just its so inconsistant that i feel i need to be working out at home (I have a normal bench/squat workout set). So, basically what I'm getting at is what I should do about this situation, what kind of workouts to do, and what are some basic diet tips. other questions: 1- is it true that you need to eat more calories than you burn per day to gain muscle? (because we run A LOT) 2- in all these pictures of guys with their amazing abs, are they flexing or not? Like does everybodies abs not look good when flexing or what? Thanks- newbie

Tariqgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tariqgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tariqgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tariqgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tariqgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tariqgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tariqgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tariqgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tariqgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tariqgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tariqgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Coach even though I am getting enough water (100 oz) daily, I noticed that I still get a lot of muscle cramps... do you recommend I manipulate my salt (more)? Could enlighten us Mass machines on manipulating salt content for better definition!

Thanks for the time coach

I AM A MASS MACHINE...
    I AM IN CONTROL OF MY ENVIRONMENT....
    I AM PATIENT AND PERSISTENT....
    I WILL KEEP ON KEEPING ON....

Follow me on my Mass Machine Journal:
    http://http://forum.bodybuilding.com...light=tariqgym

Click here to order
    [/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by Brandon6363 View Post
    First off I'm still relatively new to working out (a few months total). I'm a freshman in high school, play basketball, about 6'7 165 lbs, and am looking for some beginner tips. I have a small amount of fat so you can't see abs when relaxed but when i flex they do look pretty good. I'm not worried about ripped abs as of yet though and am more concerned about my upper body skinnyness. My chest is a little less than average and my arms are tremendously skinny. I bench about 85 and curl about 65 (both arms). As of now my team works out after school but its very inconsistant (I'd say 2/5 days a week) but I don't know what days they are until the day of. When we do workout it is a great workout and all its just its so inconsistant that i feel i need to be working out at home (I have a normal bench/squat workout set). So, basically what I'm getting at is what I should do about this situation, what kind of workouts to do, and what are some basic diet tips. other questions: 1- is it true that you need to eat more calories than you burn per day to gain muscle? (because we run A LOT) 2- in all these pictures of guys with their amazing abs, are they flexing or not? Like does everybodies abs not look good when flexing or what? Thanks- newbie
    Hi Brandon6363.

Just like mastering your basketball skills and knowledge of the game, bodybuilding and training is a process. You need to jump in--and learn a little more about the process every single day.

Take the time go through these questions I've answered, articles, videos, and podcasts I'm providing in these convenient links.

Welcome!

Train Hard. Think Big.

Expert Advice for Beginners

VIDEO - Introduction to Bodybuilding

VIDEO - Body Transformation Tips

VIDEO - Pumping Iron for Beginners

VIDEO - What Do Male Bodybuilders Eat?

VIDEO - How to Get Started

VIDEO - How to Build Muscle Mass

VIDEO - Basic Back Workout

PODCAST - How to Choose and Use a Mentor to Get You to the Next Level

How do I decide which strategy works best when everyone has a different opinion?

How beginners can develop more CERTAINTY and CONFIDENCE in what they are doing

VIDEO -Determining Which Strategies Work: Developing UNSHAKABLE Certainty & Confidence Video Series

VIDEO - Tips to Remember When Getting Advice: Developing UNSHAKABLE Certainty & Confidence Video Series

What are the best tips so I can look like a great bodybuilder someday?

Balance in Life and Striving for Greatness: Developing UNSHAKABLE Certainty & Confidence Video Series

Dealing With "Plateaus" with Your Progress: Developing UNSHAKABLE Certainty & Confidence Video Series

Evaluating Your Physique and Making Decisions: Developing UNSHAKABLE Certainty & Confidence Video Series

VIDEO - How To Make Sure "Science" Only Helps Your Bodybuilding Efforts: Developing UNSHAKABLE Certainty & Confidence Video Series

VIDEO - Become "Results Driven": Developing UNSHAKABLE Certainty & Confidence Video Series

VIDEO - Don't Adopt the "Hardgainer" Identity: Developing UNSHAKABLE Certainty & Confidence Video Series

VIDEO - Understanding Fitness Internet Marketers: Developing UNSHAKABLE Certainty & Confidence Video

VIDEO - Stop Searching for "Perfect" Strategies: Developing UNSHAKABLE Certainty & Confidence Video

VIDEO - Dealing With Your Physical Imbalances: Developing UNSHAKABLE Certainty & Confidence Video

VIDEO - Asking for Opinions and Constructive Criticism from Random People Internet: Developing UNSHAKABLE Certainty & Confidence Video Series

VIDEO - What To Look For In A Bodybuilding & Training Coach or Mentor: Developing UNSHAKABLE Certainty & Confidence Video Series

How This "Developing UNSHAKABLE Certainty & Confidence" Video Series Will Help You

VIDEO/PODCAST - Skip La Cour's Keys to Bodybuilding and Training Success?

Exactly what separates those who are OUTSTANDING at their training efforts from those who are only pretty good?

PODCAST - Lose Your Need for “Absolute” Bodybuilding Strategies and Start Making Real Gains

Basic Eating Guidelines Outlined

Training tips for beginners

Which training routines did you do when you were a beginner, Skip?

A 17 year old who is new to training gets tips for "getting big."

How many sets per exercise should a beginner do?

Why do experienced lifters get better gains than beginners while with less training volume?

Specific and step-by-step instructions for beginners on how to create an effective nutrition plan (follow the thread)

Click here to order

Originally Posted by Tariqgym View Post
    Coach even though I am getting enough water (100 oz) daily, I noticed that I still get a lot of muscle cramps... do you recommend I manipulate my salt (more)? Could enlighten us Mass machines on manipulating salt content for better definition!
    Never look to sodium manipulation for "better definition."

The reason why a person doesn't have the definition that they want is because they are too FAT to meet their expectation. It has nothing to do with their sodium.

Learn how to eat properly.

Follow through with what you already know about eating properly.

Be consistent with your efforts.

Cramps are not only caused by dehydration and/or sodium levels that are too low, they are also caused by drastic shifts in the vital minerals.

Whatever you are doing now, you need to become BETTER and MORE CONSISTENT at it.

Obviously, the standards that you believe will get the job done aren't high enough.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click here to order

Tariqgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tariqgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tariqgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tariqgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tariqgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tariqgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tariqgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tariqgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tariqgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tariqgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tariqgym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks for the speedy response coach!

Never look to sodium manipulation for "better definition."

The reason why a person doesn't have the definition that they want is because they are too FAT to meet their expectation. It has nothing to do with their sodium.

Learn how to eat properly.

Follow through with what you already know about eating properly.

Be consistent with your efforts.

Cramps are not only caused by dehydration and/or sodium levels that are too low, they are also caused by drastic shifts in the vital minerals.

Whatever you are doing now, you need to become BETTER and MORE CONSISTENT at it.

Obviously, the standards that you believe will get the job done aren't high enough.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click here to order

Keeping Your Performance Level In The Gym At Its Highest - Assignment 14 - #85

In this video, Skip La Cour outlines Assignment #14 of the Mass Machine Bulking and Cutting Program Challenge. This week, your assignment is list five (5) things you do to make sure your performance level in the gym is at its highest.

Click here to order

Benvjohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im trying to put the youtube video of my squats.. but it says i need to have 50 posts to do that.. is there any other way?

Originally Posted by Benvjohn View Post
    im trying to put the youtube video of my squats.. but it says i need to have 50 posts to do that.. is there any other way?
    No. Get 50 post ASAP all throughout this Bodybuilding.com web site.

Go to the MASS MACHINE online journal in the "Supplement Company Transformation Contest and More" section.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=511

Get to work, Get to 50 posts, and then post your video here.

I AM A MASS MACHINE! PhatboyDane's Avatar
    PhatboyDane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Coach, while on the subject. I sent some workout videos to review. Did you not get them or did you choose not to post them up? Just querying.
    I Am A Mass Machine! Train Hard. Think Big.

Originally Posted by PhatboyDane View Post
    Hey Coach, while on the subject. I sent some workout videos to review. Did you not get them or did you choose not to post them up? Just querying.
    Get to work and to get 50 posts on this site so you can post videos yourself.

Post one of your training videos at a time.

Big Chest!

I must say today was the second time I attempted the better form for a more effective chest workout and it felt great. I could really feel my chest squeezing on each press with my chest exercise. I think I'm starting to get the hang of the form and think it will help greatly in my chest development for the Team Universe.

Question: I just can't seem to get over elbow pain right on the bend. Next week is my week off and I always feel 100% when I come back but the pain usually comes back around week 3 and gets worse throughout the final weeks. Any type of extension for the triceps or heavy chest and shoulder press are causing extreme pain at the moment. Is there a way around this or to help it subside?

Originally Posted by tyseagle View Post
    Question: I just can't seem to get over elbow pain right on the bend. Next week is my week off and I always feel 100% when I come back but the pain usually comes back around week 3 and gets worse throughout the final weeks. Any type of extension for the triceps or heavy chest and shoulder press are causing extreme pain at the moment. Is there a way around this or to help it subside?
    I've had to work around that same pain from time to time (although I wouldn't describe mine as "extreme pain").

It seems to come and go. One week, it affects how much weight I can lift and certainly my level of comfort. A couple of weeks later, I don't even remember there was ever a challenge.

Lighten the weight in small increments until you find the weight you can handle while stimulating the muscle effectively.

There's not much else you can do -- besides making sure you warm up those elbows and get their lubricating fluid flowing.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Effective and Efficient Warm Up Sets - Video #86

Your Coach Skip La Cour explains the most effective and efficient approach to warm up sets. Follow this advice and you'll save the majority of your time and energy for the heavy, progressively overloading, muscle-stimulating working sets. It the heavy, taxing working sets that initiate the muscle building process--not the warm up sets.

Click here to order

pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey skip

Question for you.. When doing bent over rows my elbows especially my left flares out. How do i over come this?
    Train hard and Think Big

I am a relentless Mass Machine

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Originally Posted by pphelps83 View Post
    Hey skip

Question for you.. When doing bent over rows my elbows especially my left flares out. How do i over come this?
    Try using a wider grip, wrist straps (if you aren't using them), and make it a points to "drag" your arms against your torso during the ENTIRE movement.

Let me know how well this works for you.

Train Hard. Think Big.

I am a MASS MACHINE! talalelh15's Avatar
    talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi coach!

I wanted to ask what your toughts where on Shock workouts?

greetings Talalelh15
    I am a Mass Machine!

Favorite website: http://www.massmachinenutrition.com
    Favorite Supplement: http://www.massmachinenutrition.com/node/8
    Favorite coach: http://skiplacour.com
    Favorite Challenge: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b5T75Ci8Zw

~If you think it, you must do it!

Originally Posted by talalelh15 View Post
    Hi coach!

I wanted to ask what your toughts where on Shock workouts?

greetings Talalelh15
    I have no idea what "Shock workouts" are.

I don't know if you are referring to "shocking" the muscles by doing weight training in a manner radically different than what you normally do.

If that's what you mean by "shocking", I believe the basic, fundamental principles that stimulate muscle for growth that I continually teach are what builds muscle.

Now, if you are like the many impatient people looking for "new and revolutionary" strategies because the basic things that work don't work fast enough for you, go ahead and give it a try. That's something that you mentally and emotionally need to do to go forward.

That mental and emotional "shock" can make up for a person's curiosity, boredom, lack of patience, lack f belief in what they are doing, and lack discipline.

If "Shock workouts" are some person's "branded and coined name" for the training program that person created, I have no idea of what it is.

Every "guru" or "expert" puts his own special nuances and "spin" to his training program--and then claims its the best ever and all the other training programs are a waste of time. I can't responsibly evaluate or comment on someone's training program unless I knew all the details.

And, NO.

I am NOT going to spend my limited time studying every 25 year old newcomer fitness guru who has been training for three years, has a YouTube channel, a WordPress Blog website, while selling you a revolutionary new $47 eBook about his revolutionary DIET and TRAINING PROGRAM.

Don't bother posting links to all for these training programs and diets. I am NOT going to read them and I will just have them all deleted.

If you can ask a better thought out and specific question about them, I can give you a better answer.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Last edited by skiplacour; 04-12-2012 at 01:55 PM.

I AM A MASS MACHINE! PhatboyDane's Avatar
    PhatboyDane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Use to have a similar pain on both arms awhile back (during my first ever run at Max-OT). After 8 weeks, I went on to a different program for 12 weeks and did high reps and i gave my elbows plenty of ice couple times a week and some anti-inflammatory cream. Now I only feel pain when i do lying tricep extensions (which is why i avoid it) and aside from that exercise, I have virtually no pain. Can't say that it won't come back but I just thought I would share my experience (and work on getting 50 posts. lol)

Originally Posted by tyseagle View Post
    I must say today was the second time I attempted the better form for a more effective chest workout and it felt great. I could really feel my chest squeezing on each press with my chest exercise. I think I'm starting to get the hang of the form and think it will help greatly in my chest development for the Team Universe.

I Am A Mass Machine! Train Hard. Think Big.

Originally Posted by PhatboyDane View Post
    Use to have a similar pain on both arms awhile back (during my first ever run at Max-OT). After 8 weeks, I went on to a different program for 12 weeks and did high reps and i gave my elbows plenty of ice couple times a week and some anti-inflammatory cream. Now I only feel pain when i do lying tricep extensions (which is why i avoid it) and aside from that exercise, I have virtually no pain. Can't say that it won't come back but I just thought I would share my experience (and work on getting 50 posts. lol)
    Give my advice a try.

I've seen and experienced many times with many people over the years.

I am a MASS MACHINE! talalelh15's Avatar
    talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have no idea what "Shock workouts" are.

I don't know if you are referring to "shocking" the muscles by doing weight training in a manner radically different than what you normally do.

If that's what you mean by "shocking", I believe the basic, fundamental principles that stimulate muscle for growth that I continually teach are what builds muscle.

Now, if you are like the many impatient people looking for "new and revolutionary" strategies because the basic things that work don't work fast enough for you, go ahead and give it a try. That's something that you mentally and emotionally need to do to go forward.

That mental and emotional "shock" can make up for a person's curiosity, boredom, lack of patience, lack f belief in what they are doing, and lack discipline.

If "Shock workouts" are some person's "branded and coined name" for the training program that person created, I have no idea of what it is.

Every "guru" or "expert" puts his own special nuances and "spin" to his training program--and then claims its the best ever and all the other training programs are a waste of time. I can't responsibly evaluate or comment on someone's training program unless I knew all the details.

And, NO.

I am NOT going to spend my limited time studying every 25 year old newcomer fitness guru who has been training for three years, has a YouTube channel, a WordPress Blog website, while selling you a revolutionary new $47 eBook about his revolutionary DIET and TRAINING PROGRAM.

Don't bother posted links to all for these training programs and diets. I am NOT going to read them and I will just have them all deleted.

If you can ask a better thought out and specific question about them, I can give you a better answer.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    No, you gave the right answer right here. You understood it perfectly.

I did 12 weeks of this cutting/bulking challenge and you think i still believe in those fitness goroes. No way!!!! I am still following your principles.

This was just a thought and i wondered if you ever did it and if it had positive influence on you.

Thanks for the answer
    I am a Mass Machine!

Favorite website: http://www.massmachinenutrition.com
    Favorite Supplement: http://www.massmachinenutrition.com/node/8
    Favorite coach: http://skiplacour.com
    Favorite Challenge: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b5T75Ci8Zw

~If you think it, you must do it!

Here's an 18 year girl who trains with PASSION and a "FIRE IN HER BELLY."

How do you men measure up?

(You don't need to post your responses....I've watched your training videos. LOL )

All for love....All for love

Last edited by skiplacour; 04-13-2012 at 11:59 AM.

MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi Skip, I have noticed on the boards from time to time several people talking about and actually "counting" partial reps as part of their routines. I do not understand this idea. If I cannot finish a rep I do not count it. In all I have seen and read by you, I have never seen or heard this mentioned as part of your teaching. Could you enlighten me as to what this is and what place, if any, it has in training.

MzJ

check out my journal at:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post865023491

Click here to order
    [/QUOTE]
    Last edited by MzJules; 04-12-2012 at 02:02 PM.
    "Transcending strengths and weaknesses, genius guides us in the expression of our character and the discovery of our calling."

Closed Thread
Page 210 of 364 FirstFirst ... 110 160 200 208 209 210 211 212 220 260 310 ... LastLast