Closed Thread
Page 163 of 364 FirstFirst ... 63 113 153 161 162 163 164 165 173 213 263 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,890 of 10915
    I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Canz View Post
    Thanks for the insight Mass Machines!

Awesome progress pictures pphelps83!

And Skip I'm going to pretend you were asking all of us to do that.

This picture was taken January 15th when my mono as at its worst. Hadn't lifted in weeks, and was eating almost nothing daily. Remember there are going to be many times when you take pictures and don't like what you see. This was the case for me, but I eventually laughed it off, mostly to the fact that I looked like a zombie from the Walking Dead TV show. After laughing it off I thought of it a different way, this first weeks picture will only make the last weeks picture that much better.

This next picture is more up to date...less zombie-like

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today
    Thanks for posting.

Did I read on your journal that you think you look exactly the same? My trained eye sees differences.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Who is NEXT to post:

1. What they have learned so far about themselves in the first 6 weeks of this journey?

2. Progress pictures from Week #1 until now?
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Week #7 Check In for the Mass Machine Bulking and Cutting Program Challenge - #54

Click here to order
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    Thanks for posting.

Did I read on your journal that you think you look exactly the same? My trained eye sees differences.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Who is NEXT to post:

1. What they have learned so far about themselves in the first 6 weeks of this journey?

1) What have I learned about myself? i've learned to focus on PROGRESS not PERFECTION. Up through now my clothes have been fitting better, my lifts have increased, I've hit some cardio PR's, but after looking at these pictures... I've still got a way to go! Good thing there's another 17 weeks or so in this contest and another 24 weeks until I step on stage. I can see some changes, but really looking at my pictures makes me want to raise my standards even HIGHER. I've learned that a real champion aligns all of his resources towards his goal and pursues it with relentless tenacity. I've learned that my old standard of what kind of shape it was ok to be in is WAY too out of shape. And I never want to be in anywhere near that (or my current) level of conditioning again.

2) Darn you Canz! Part of me hates you for putting those pictures up and effectively forcing me to do the same, but moreso part of me loves you for making me reflect upon everything up until now.

**Edit** Accidently labeled a side shot as a front one in the picture. Sorry
    Attached Images
    http://thatfitguy.com - No BS Fitness Truth
    http://youtube.com/thatfitguycom for videos
    http://blogtalkradio.com/thatfitguy for my weekly podcast
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151574043&p for my 49 Days To Supreme Confidence Journal

CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks for posting.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Who is NEXT to post:

I've learned that alcohol isn't the issue I thought it was. I'm glad I've broken the habit, but it was not the reason I was gaining weight, or why I was eating poorly, or being lazy about the gym, that was just me!

I've learned that thought I'm doing my best to train hard in the gym, it's kind of too much for me personally to focus on both gaining muscle and losing fat, right now I need to put a priority on my diet. I've learned you can't overeat and just show up at the gym and expect that food will turn into muscle. I should have known this from a couple years ago, but I found myself making the same mistake all over again until Skip pointed this out to me.

I've learned how big a difference my mind makes in what I can lift or not. At the moment I'm not even sure I'm actually building physical muscle at all or still working on just getting my mind together. I will still try to max out as best I can in the gym, but at the moment, I still feel like I'm just building "mind" muscle!

I've learned that if I go into the gym without my workout log with previous best lifts listed prominently, I'll just randomly pick out a weight and think that's what I did before, or think it's the best I've ever done, when it's not. I have workout amnesia! I've learned that this is probably why I never made progress before, I don't have workout logs to prove it or not, but I was probably just recycling the same lbs. on every lift over and over again without even thinking about it much at all.

I had a guideline I'd written for myself earlier this year (before I discovered this challenge) and it was simply, "shut up and listen up!" I've discovered if I don't keep that in mind I still tend to babble on and on when people are talking to me, even if I think I'm listening, I'm doing more talking unless I make it a point not to talk!

I've learned public accountability is a good motivator for me. It doesn't force me to excel at things but it will motivate me to show up and it does keep what I ought to be doing in my mind. Time just doesn't slip away, I am very aware of each week that goes by!

Early on I also asked Skip if we had to post our pictures, and he said, no, but he also said something like you'd hold yourself more accountable if you did post them, and "put your name on it" so I did, which I'm glad of, even though they look the same week by week, I still make it a goal to post them on my BodySpace every week, because I probably would forget or avoid taking them without that deadline. I'm glad I did take them otherwise I would not have noticed how I'm looking the same week to week and I need to step it up.

I've learned even when I think I'm eating light I'm still eating about 2000 calories on a decent day when I'm trying to eat regularly, 2250 on a day I'm not trying at all and eating a lot, and on days I'm eating irregularly my calorie total does go down pretty low, so when I look at my week as a whole I can see why I'm just breaking even.

There's some of my things I've learned about myself, hope to get beyond this sort of stuff and make some progress, feels like a slow start for me but hopefully I will get some momentum going in this next week coming up.

Click here to order

mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

pphelps83, looking AWESOME on the photos, your commitment to this challenge so far has been amazing. I know this is slightly biased, but as your boyfriend and workout partner i have seen you change so much in these last six weeks of the challenge, not just physically but mentally as a person too.
    Your determination in the gym to push out extra reps, choosing the heavier weight instead of lighter ones, your structure in your workout plan and meal plan.

Everything you are doing right now is not only inspiring me to push harder and step up my game, but its taking you that one step closer to your goals.

You are a MASS MACHINE!
    You are going to win a Bodybuilding competition!

Keep up the excellent work,

Mattpb

Originally Posted by pphelps83 View Post
    I AM A MASS MACHINE

TRAIN HARD, THINK BIG!!

mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Hey Skip and Fellow Mass Machines,

Here are my progress photos so far, the first photo was taken on 15th January 2012 and the second one was yesterday on 26th February. At first glance i thought there was no progress, but then i looked again.
    As i reviewed my progress over the past 6 weeks and looked at the photos i thought i actually look like i have lost weight around my stomach and on my face, which was suprising initially as i am now eating nearly a 1000 more calories a day then i was when i started.
    My weight started at 174lbs and kept dropping until it reached 166lbs over the first 4 weeks, this was whilst i was increasing my calories. My weight has gradually crept back up and is now 173lbs. So i pretty much weigh the same as when i started yet i feel so much better.
    My clothes fit better, the weights i am using in the gym have kept on increasing in nearly every workout and if they have not gone up i have achieved at least an extra rep in that exericse.
    I continue to increase my calories each week depending on how i feel over the course of the week, my body is coping so well with the extra calories and those meals i initially thought were too much, now dont seem enough.
    It kind of makes me laugh now when i finally achieve or realise something Skip told us would happen anyway, like with the meal portions. I remember thinking how will i finish this next meal, whilst listening to a Skip Podcast and him telling me my body will get used to these calories and soon i will be wanting more. At the time i thought but this is loads of food, well Skip you were right again.
    Examples like this have given me more faith in Skip and everything he does, but more so it has given me more faith in myself. It takes alot to have faith in something you are new to, or know little about, but the main point is to believe in yourself and your dreams and make them come true in your mind.

Since watching the answer to my question that Skip posted, i have spent a good few days thinking about what Skip meant and how i could act upon his suggestion.
    I told Skip i pretended to be him in the gym, to help me push myself.
    Skips reponse was to try and act as if i was Mattpb with 10lbs of extra muscle which is something at first took me a while to imagine. So i sat down and dreamt away.
    I thought what would i look like?
    What would i walk like?
    How would i act?
    The questions kept coming and the images in my mind started to come together.
    Now i do walk into the gym with confidence, but not pretending to be Skip, not pretending to be anyone, I walk into the gym as Mattpb, who has 10lbs of extra muscle, who is the envy of others, who will succeed!!
    Since that day of realisation something has happened at work, now i work with pretty much the same people everyday, i eat the same and drink the same shakes at the same times and in the past nobody has given it a second thought. Yet this week i have had more questions about my gym workout, what shakes/supplements i use, which gym i go to, how often i workout, than i have had since i started working in this job. Now i never brought the conversation up, so can they see it in my body language? So my new found certainty and confidence is bringing about more confidence in me, as others are looking to me for help.

Skip you have so much patience, to be asked so many questions on forums and sometimes its the same ones over and over again, yet you still take the time to explain, help the individual understand or figure out their own answer.
    keep up the good work!!

I have a question, as we all know this challenge is and is going to be a GREAT success, would you consider publishing a book of the whole experience. I understand this would be more expense to you, but i'd definatley purchase a copy as this would be a time to remember for alot of MASS MACHINES who you helped develop into the person they wanted to be.

What is great about today?
    I got to use my pre workout MM250 and MM1000 creatine today as they were delivered on the weekend!!

I AM A MASS MACHINE

TRAIN HARD, THINK BIG!!

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lunch break has arrived & I can finally upload some pictures & share some more on what I've learned!

First off, when I began this Challenge, I decided that I was going to take mandantory bodybuilding pose picture every four weeks in addition to the weekly photos we submit. The reason for this was that I thought it would better help me monitor results, build discipline (I really don't like posing - I am changing my thoughts on that to the proper mind set - I love posing!), get myself back into posing, and get used to taking these photos relying on no-one else for assistance. Little did I know I would be uploading these to the internet. I would never imagine off-season photos hitting the net!

Well since we have only been in this challenge for 7 weeks, I have taken these additional photos twice. Once at the beginning & once at week 4. Another set will be take this weekend (week 8). I am uploading a couple of my week 1 & week 4 photos. I am still building my masterpiece and have no where near reached my goals; but what else I have learned as that with the right amount of dedication & hard work, you can learn to even like your off-season photos! Something I could never have said in the past.

What else have I learned? I have learned that posing is a mind-set. When you pose, if only for your weekly photos, pose with the mind-set you are on the Olympia stage. Exude confidence & be proud of yourself. Treat your posing just like lifting. If certain music pumps you up - put it on when you pose & hit it hard! It doesn't matter if its just you in your basement. Practice just want you would want to present on stage & be proud of your progress!

Skip - dare I ask how many Mass Machine progress photos it would take for you to show us what you've got right here today that we can aspire to!?!

Originally Posted by henderjb View Post
    Alright pphelps - good work! Nothing like an internet posedown! I'll be uploading photos later & expect other Mass Machines to do the same! Right now I'm off to build my package in the gym!

Click here to order

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Mattpb- this post is just awesome of you!

Click here to order

Originally Posted by mattpb View Post
    pphelps83, looking AWESOME on the photos, your commitment to this challenge so far has been amazing. I know this is slightly biased, but as your boyfriend and workout partner i have seen you change so much in these last six weeks of the challenge, not just physically but mentally as a person too.
    Your determination in the gym to push out extra reps, choosing the heavier weight instead of lighter ones, your structure in your workout plan and meal plan.

Everything you are doing right now is not only inspiring me to push harder and step up my game, but its taking you that one step closer to your goals.

You are a MASS MACHINE!
    You are going to win a Bodybuilding competition!

Keep up the excellent work,

Mattpb

Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for posting.

You are welcome, and thank you for bringing that up. That will be something I embellish on in my journal.

Originally Posted by jerothas View Post
    1) What have I learned about myself? i've learned to focus on PROGRESS not PERFECTION. Up through now my clothes have been fitting better, my lifts have increased, I've hit some cardio PR's, but after looking at these pictures... I've still got a way to go! Good thing there's another 17 weeks or so in this contest and another 24 weeks until I step on stage. I can see some changes, but really looking at my pictures makes me want to raise my standards even HIGHER. I've learned that a real champion aligns all of his resources towards his goal and pursues it with relentless tenacity. I've learned that my old standard of what kind of shape it was ok to be in is WAY too out of shape. And I never want to be in anywhere near that (or my current) level of conditioning again.

2) Darn you Canz! Part of me hates you for putting those pictures up and effectively forcing me to do the same, but moreso part of me loves you for making me reflect upon everything up until now.
    I am glad I can help jerothas, even if you do hate me, a little haha.

Click here to order
    James Canzanella
    Winner of Skip La Cour's 6 Month Bulking and Cutting Program Challenge

b: http://www.jamescanzanella.com/
    y: http://www.youtube.com/AMmuscleAHP
    f: http://www.********.com/james.canzanella

Originally Posted by jerothas View Post

**Edit** Accidently labeled a side shot as a front one in the picture. Sorry
    Thanks for sharing, jerothas.

I love the photo presentation of your transformation so far.

How you can make it ever better is to take every picture in the exact same place, same background, same clothes, and same time of day for continuity.

Awesome job.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Last edited by skiplacour; 02-27-2012 at 11:18 AM.

Originally Posted by mattpb View Post

Since watching the answer to my question that Skip posted, i have spent a good few days thinking about what Skip meant and how i could act upon his suggestion.
    I told Skip i pretended to be him in the gym, to help me push myself.
    Skips reponse was to try and act as if i was Mattpb with 10lbs of extra muscle which is something at first took me a while to imagine. So i sat down and dreamt away.
    I thought what would i look like?
    What would i walk like?
    How would i act?
    The questions kept coming and the images in my mind started to come together.
    Now i do walk into the gym with confidence, but not pretending to be Skip, not pretending to be anyone, I walk into the gym as Mattpb, who has 10lbs of extra muscle, who is the envy of others, who will succeed!!
    Since that day of realisation something has happened at work, now i work with pretty much the same people everyday, i eat the same and drink the same shakes at the same times and in the past nobody has given it a second thought. Yet this week i have had more questions about my gym workout, what shakes/supplements i use, which gym i go to, how often i workout, than i have had since i started working in this job. Now i never brought the conversation up, so can they see it in my body language? So my new found certainty and confidence is bringing about more confidence in me, as others are looking to me for help.
    BOOM!

You are getting it, mattpb.

When you walk, talk, and act with certainty and confidence, the world will willingly, joyfully, and enthusiastically (and subconsciously) follow your lead and "buying into" YOUR version of reality!

Great observation!

Keep it up!

Skip - dare I ask how many Mass Machine progress photos it would take for you to show us what you've got right here today that we can aspire to!?!
    You calling me out, henderjb????!!!!

I've got this pet peeve about "old guys" still trying to show their stuff long after their best days are behind them but.....

.......I'll just give a little taste of this TIMELESS, awesome package with the "Mass Machine Nutrition Single Bicep Pose." LOL

Working 15 to 17 hours a day for the last three years.....9 years since my last competition.

MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lunch break has arrived & I can finally upload some pictures & share some more on what I've learned!

First off, when I began this Challenge, I decided that I was going to take mandantory bodybuilding pose picture every four weeks in addition to the weekly photos we submit. The reason for this was that I thought it would better help me monitor results, build discipline (I really don't like posing - I am changing my thoughts on that to the proper mind set - I love posing!), get myself back into posing, and get used to taking these photos relying on no-one else for assistance. Little did I know I would be uploading these to the internet. I would never imagine off-season photos hitting the net!

Well since we have only been in this challenge for 7 weeks, I have taken these additional photos twice. Once at the beginning & once at week 4. Another set will be take this weekend (week 8). I am uploading a couple of my week 1 & week 4 photos. I am still building my masterpiece and have no where near reached my goals; but what else I have learned as that with the right amount of dedication & hard work, you can learn to even like your off-season photos! Something I could never have said in the past.

What else have I learned? I have learned that posing is a mind-set. When you pose, if only for your weekly photos, pose with the mind-set you are on the Olympia stage. Exude confidence & be proud of yourself. Treat your posing just like lifting. If certain music pumps you up - put it on when you pose & hit it hard! It doesn't matter if its just you in your basement. Practice just want you would want to present on stage & be proud of your progress!

Uhm ... no way I'm getting into a bikini. I am having a hard enough time sending my pics to skip!! HAHA!!! You are gorgeous girl !! I LOVE it!! And I was at the gym and went over to see how heavy those barbells were you were throwing around the other day ... OMG!!...95lbs each. all I could do was lift them 2 inches off the rack! I showed Jessica your vid, the young woman with me in the vid I made, she was mesmerized. Good work Hender, You are an inspiration.
    MzJ
    Last edited by MzJules; 02-27-2012 at 02:04 PM.
    "Transcending strengths and weaknesses, genius guides us in the expression of our character and the discovery of our calling."

MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    A lesson in marketing Mass machines. Invest yourself in others ... develop relationship ... it will come back to you. skip is doing it on a grander scale. ... Identify your demographic ... what do they want? How can you give it to them? What is your edge? What value can you bring to their lives?
    We have quite a few venues to develop in. Skip is showing us everyday.

Go for it guys ... this is a COMPETITION and I know there are LOTS of gifted people in this group. Let's run!

MzJ ...... thanks Canz for calling me out ... keep it up ... I need it!!

Oh, and did I mention I was stealthy ... evil laugh ...

Click here to order
    "Transcending strengths and weaknesses, genius guides us in the expression of our character and the discovery of our calling."

baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What have I learned since the start of the competition? The biggest thing for me was NUTRITION IS THAT IMPORTANT. Before I started the competition I was eating pretty clean, but I never put any real of emphasis on tracking it or even making sure I was getting all my meals. I haven't missed tracking my diet or a meal since the competition started, and it has helped me greatly. I've set new prs every single workout since I started actually sticking to a diet plan.

The second most important thing for me was mind set. I was sure I pushed myself to failure every set. Well maybe I believed I did. Since I been taking the time to get mentally prepared before every set, I've had a lot more explosion in my lifts and been able to push them harder. I still don't have the mind game completely down, but I've been reading Skip's book Thinking Big 2 and only good things can come of it. Thanks Henderjb for the recommendation.

Since everybody else is posting them, here are my progress pics.

and here are 2 that I put in my journal Sunday.

Go hard or go home.

Every time you touch a piece of metal the purpose should be to build muscle-Skip La Cour

No were in the world does success come before work but in the dictionary-ET

I am a MASS MACHINE doing the "Challenge" and here's my journal!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141357311

Skip - Calling you out? Now would I do that? I was just looking out for the interests of my fellow Mass Machines & I knew you would deliver! Best part of the photo - the look on your face says it all - your kickin it!

Now that you mention it, I am going to have to call you out. "Old guys" whos best days are behind them. Well, I know there are several Mass Machines your age & their best days are definately AHEAD & not behind them once they put what you are teaching them to use. Now how do I posT that smile - [/b]
    You calling me out, henderjb????!!!!

I've got this pet peeve about "old guys" still trying to show their stuff long after their best days are behind them but.....

.......I'll just give a little taste of this TIMELESS, awesome package with the [b]"Mass Machine Nutrition Single Bicep Pose." LOL

Working 15 to 17 hours a day for the last three years.....9 years since my last competition.

Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Join "Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Bodybuilding" BULKING AND CUTTING PROGRAM CHALLENGE!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b5T75Ci8Zw

"Whatever the mind can conceive, can always be achieved!"

"Visualization is the seed, that sprouts success"

http://www.********.com/Tucks71?ref=tn_tnmn#!/Tucks71

http://twitter.com/#!/Lex29us

You've heard of Tebowing....

..and, of course, Planking...

Now it's time for...

MASS MACHINEING!

Who will be the first MASS MACHINE to post their MASS MACHINEING picture or do the pose in their video?????

Get CREATIVE!

Get FUNNY!

Let the competition begin!

jayflex6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayflex6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You've heard of Tebowing....

..and, of course, Planking...

Now it's time for...

MASS MACHINEING!

Who will be the first MASS MACHINE to post their MASS MACHINEING picture or do the pose in their video?????

Get CREATIVE!

Get FUNNY!

Let the competition begin!
    HAHAHA! i've been at work all day so i've missed all these pictures. We definitely need to make Mass Machining the new internet craze!.
    A Captain for "Results University." Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Bulking and Cutting Challenge

bodygroup: http://groups.bodybuilding.com/mm_bulking_and_cutting_challenge
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141324201

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion....Impossible is nothing." - Muhammad Ali

jayflex6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayflex6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by baldbird View Post
    What have I learned since the start of the competition? The biggest thing for me was NUTRITION IS THAT IMPORTANT. Before I started the competition I was eating pretty clean, but I never put any real of emphasis on tracking it or even making sure I was getting all my meals. I haven't missed tracking my diet or a meal since the competition started, and it has helped me greatly. I've set new prs every single workout since I started actually sticking to a diet plan.

The second most important thing for me was mind set. I was sure I pushed myself to failure every set. Well maybe I believed I did. Since I been taking the time to get mentally prepared before every set, I've had a lot more explosion in my lifts and been able to push them harder. I still don't have the mind game completely down, but I've been reading Skip's book Thinking Big 2 and only good things can come of it. Thanks Henderjb for the recommendation.

Since everybody else is posting them, here are my progress pics.

and here are 2 that I put in my journal Sunday.

Amazing progress so far bro! Hard work and dedication. and we're not even half way through yet!
    A Captain for "Results University." Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Bulking and Cutting Challenge

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion....Impossible is nothing." - Muhammad Ali

jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

First at Mass Machine-ing?

Dammit! I shaved the goatee last week!
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. " - Rocky Balboa 2007

http://www.muscleworx.com

Originally Posted by jmorg714 View Post

BOOM! There's the first.

Now who is going to post the most creative one?

Like your city's landmark in the background?

Who is going to post the funniest one?

PS - No hyphenating MASS MACHIEING. Let's all be uniform

Originally Posted by jmorg714 View Post

ahh! you beat me! nice job Capt'n Morgan

Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Combination of Tebowing and MASS MACHINEING with the 'Daniel son' bodybuilding headband

There will be many more where this came from. Was having some trouble getting the shot from behind the arm.

Click here to order
    James Canzanella
    Winner of Skip La Cour's 6 Month Bulking and Cutting Program Challenge

b: http://www.jamescanzanella.com/
    y: http://www.youtube.com/AMmuscleAHP
    f: http://www.********.com/james.canzanella

Originally Posted by Canz View Post
    Combination of Tebowing and MASS MACHINEING with the 'Daniel son' bodybuilding headband

There will be many more where this came from. Was having some trouble getting the shot from behind the arm.

Click here to order
    Too creative.

No one would know you are MASS MACHINEING!

Well I was going to save this picture to upload tomorrow so as not to put too much up today, but the pose is appropriate. You know, I've been thinking that it looks kind of weak that I haven't had a profile photo up and you know I have no intentions of looking weak! So, I found a photo that most embodies who I am and it just so happens, I am Mass Machining.

I'll tell you the story behind this photo & why it embodies me best. I was at Pitts Masters National last year when a "fan" from the audience caught me & asked me to pose with him. At first, I was kind of embarrassed. Who am I? Why would he want a pose w/ me? Well to him, I was somebody & my friend encouraged me to take the photo, so I did. Why does this photo embody me best? Well for one, it shows I really care about people. Two, its shows that I am fun loving. Three, it shows a bit of muscle with a feminine flair.

One other message about this photo. It is a reminder to always set a good example because you never know who is watching you!

Mass Machine henderjb now with a profile pic!

Click here to order

Well I was going to save this picture to upload tomorrow so as not to put too much up today, but the pose is appropriate. You know, I've been thinking that it looks kind of weak that I haven't had a profile photo up and you know I have no intentions of looking weak! So, I found a photo that most embodies who I am and it just so happens, I am Mass Machining.

I'll tell you the story behind this photo & why it embodies me best. I was at Pitts Masters National last year when a "fan" from the audience caught me & asked me to pose with him. At first, I was kind of embarrassed. Who am I? Why would he want a pose w/ me? Well to him, I was somebody & my friend encouraged me to take the photo, so I did. Why does this photo embody me best? Well for one, it shows I really care about people. Two, its shows that I am fun loving. Three, it shows a bit of muscle with a feminine flair.

One other message about this photo. It is a reminder to always set a good example because you never know who is watching you!

Mass Machine henderjb now with a profile pic!

Click here to order
    Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be careful of the "fans" who want to pose with you, henerjb! That picture has me concerned for your safety. LOL

gymrat992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

what I've learned during the first six weeks:

Some things I've learned during the first six weeks of the challenge are:

First I learned how important it is to know exactly how many calories I'm eating each meal, each day, each week. In the past I never counted calories, I used to just eat portions of carbs and protein but had no idea how many calories I was consuming. Now thanks to skip I know exactly how many calories im eating each day, how much protein, fat and carbs I'm eating each meal and each day. I also now know how to manipulate my calorie consumption depending on my goals.

Another thing Im learning is how powerful the mind is. I'm trying to master the muscle mind connection that skip always talks about. In the past, I would just worry about lifting the weight from point A to point B. Now although its a work in progress I'm still trying to master the muscle mind connection.(skip do you have any tips for this)

Another mental struggle that I'm dealing is the everyday battle of knowing how I'm "winning the battle " as skip would say but yet there are times I look in the mirror or look at my pictures and I'm not happy with what I see. Often times when this happens it will put me in a bad mood and I get depressed. It's something on working on but its funny how sometimes you look at yourself and you say wow, I'm really making some good progress and how other times you look at yourself and your like wow I look like crap! Its crazy how powerful the mind really is.

Finally, I just want to personally thank skip for all his hard work and dedication during this challenge. I also want to thank my fellow mass machines for their tremendous support and teamwork, the first six weeks has been awesome!

Gymrat992

Talalelh - I try to watch all the Mass Machine videos & this is one of the reasons why. Your video means a lot to me - thanks for letting me know my message was heard. You are top dog too & I welcome watching you step up!

Click here to order

Originally Posted by talalelh15 View Post

here is my revieuw about the challenge and my vieuw on it now.

Here's tyseagle MASS MACHINEING:

Closed Thread
Page 163 of 364 FirstFirst ... 63 113 153 161 162 163 164 165 173 213 263 ... LastLast