Closed Thread
Page 139 of 364 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 239 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,170 of 10915
    ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jayflex6 View Post
    Check out my first video log guys! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b9qluvodV4
    Good job Jayflex...just subscribed to your channel !
    Last edited by ScottRoland; 01-27-2012 at 12:14 PM.
    Member of the Global Bodybuilding Organization

2015/2016 National Qualifier Mens Physique
    Contest Prep Coach -- Dr. J. Parker Posing Coach -- Jen Cook, NPC Judge/IFBB Pro
    Training Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155564773

Real science > Bro science

ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Check out my first video log guys! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b9qluvodV4
    Good job Jayflex...just subscribed to your channel !

Contest Prep Coach -- Dr. J. Parker Posing Coach -- Jen Cook, NPC Judge/IFBB Pro

Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Whats up Team.
    Here's my new V-Log on youtube. Please be sure to give the video a thumbs up if you find it infromative. Peace!

I AM A MASS MACHINE!!!

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today
    Join "Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Bodybuilding" BULKING AND CUTTING PROGRAM CHALLENGE!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b5T75Ci8Zw

"Whatever the mind can conceive, can always be achieved!"

"Visualization is the seed, that sprouts success"

http://www.********.com/Tucks71?ref=tn_tnmn#!/Tucks71

http://twitter.com/#!/Lex29us

I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Lex29us View Post
    Whats up Team.
    Here's my new V-Log on youtube. Please be sure to give the video a thumbs up if you find it infromative. Peace!

I AM A MASS MACHINE!!!

Click here to order
    I love it!

YOU, sir, are a MASS MACHINE!

I can't tell you guys how much I love watching your videos and following your journeys!
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Skip, is there a way to tell the difference between a muscle not recovered and one with just DOMs? I have soreness in my biceps and its different then DOMs that I felt in the past.

My thoughts are a nice long warmup of some curls and feel my way into the heavier weight and see where it leads me.

Also, do you believe in active recovery? Sometimes I will do some lighter, higher rep, work a couple days after I worked a muscle to get blood flow to the area and most times it does make me feel better but I dont know if I should just fully rest it instead. IE: if my hammies are real tight a day or 2 after some heavy work i will do a couple high rep sets just getting a blood flow type pump followed but some stretching.

I'd also like to add I got my eye on this local bodybuilding comp in Oct of this year depending where I am after a cut and like July.
    Used to be fat, now just fat with a lot of muscle.

come check out my latest log: Layne Nortons Carbon line http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169447773

GibTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GibTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GibTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GibTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GibTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GibTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GibTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GibTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GibTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GibTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GibTech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm giving Active Recovery a go for this month. So far so good
    MASS MACHINE bulking and cutting program challenge participant.
    Start Date: Mon Jan 16th
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141326851

Jan 15th - 217.2 lbs @ 17.8%
    Jan 22nd - 215 @ 17.1%
    Jan 29th - 216.9 @ 17.4%

You are born frail and weak, you die frail and weak. What you look like in between is up to you.

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by tjwoody View Post
    Skip, is there a way to tell the difference between a muscle not recovered and one with just DOMs? I have soreness in my biceps and its different then DOMs that I felt in the past.

My thoughts are a nice long warmup of some curls and feel my way into the heavier weight and see where it leads me.

Also, do you believe in active recovery? Sometimes I will do some lighter, higher rep, work a couple days after I worked a muscle to get blood flow to the area and most times it does make me feel better but I dont know if I should just fully rest it instead. IE: if my hammies are real tight a day or 2 after some heavy work i will do a couple high rep sets just getting a blood flow type pump followed but some stretching.

I'd also like to add I got my eye on this local bodybuilding comp in Oct of this year depending where I am after a cut and like July.
    If you are sore, you aren't fully recovered.

If you are a performance athlete (or a person who wants the benefits of performance athlete) and you must condition your body to perform the best it can even when your body isn't fully recovered, then go for it.

If you are primary objective is to build the most amount of muscle; in the shortest period of time; in the most effective and efficient manner--then wait until your muscle group have fully recovered before you train the muscle group again.

Can the muscle group grow when isn't fully recovered? Sure. Especially if you are rather new to training and any stimulation with improve your current situation. Will you MAXIMIZE your potential to grow. No.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Last edited by skiplacour; 01-27-2012 at 06:29 PM.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I totally agree with you & you make a good point that had crossed my mind as well - people just starting out need to be careful with using a program that involves maxing out because they have not yet developed the stability in their joints, or the mind/muscle connection to be able to lift maximum weights and keep it in the target muscle and avoid injury as well. You have to walk before you can run.

Nutrition - Amen on that. I think nutrition is as much as 50% of the battle. Without the proper nutrients, you can't fuel those outstanding workouts or recover from them.

Pushing through the burn - isn't it amazing how long it takes us before we are able to connect our minds with our bodies & even though we can say, yea, we can now connect & push through -think how much better we will become as we continue to develop our minds & bodies!

Originally Posted by tjwoody View Post
    Very well said.

Another thing I am seeing is people of different progression levels need to be careful that they arent copying from others that have been doing it longer. IE: someone just starting compared to someone doing it for a couple years. Skip explains it best by simply saying there is not cookie cutter plans.

Nutrition, cant express this enough. I truly didnt understand this till later in the game.

Pushing through the burn. To get to overload the muscle you need to first beat the weight mentally. This i just realized the past couple months and my game has stepped up BIG time!

We all need to push out of our comfort zones!

Originally Posted by henderjb View Post
    I totally agree with you & you make a good point that had crossed my mind as well - people just starting out need to be careful with using a program that involves maxing out because they have not yet developed the stability in their joints, or the mind/muscle connection to be able to lift maximum weights and keep it in the target muscle and avoid injury as well. You have to walk before you can run.

Nutrition - Amen on that. I think nutrition is as much as 50% of the battle. Without the proper nutrients, you can't fuel those outstanding workouts or recover from them.

Pushing through the burn - isn't it amazing how long it takes us before we are able to connect our minds with our bodies & even though we can say, yea, we can now connect & push through -think how much better we will become as we continue to develop our minds & bodies!
    Most people have no concept of what "maxing out" truly is.

Therefore, they should not worry about.

Many of you are just scratching the surface of what you are truly capable of achieving--both inside and outside of the gym. I'm pretty sure you are seeing this already.

You'll understand what I am saying in six months.

Again, don't worry about maxing out. You're not even close yet--no matter how dedicated you are and no matter how hard you push yourselves now.

Train Hard. Think Big.

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just a tip, keep your journal open when you listen to the conference calls & type your notes right in it as you listen. I found this useful.

just a tip, keep your journal open when you listen to the conference calls & type your notes right in it as you listen. I found this useful.
    winner ! ! ! ! !

My YouTube

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel.... give me some rep points here.... let me know what your YouTube channel is so I can follow your video journal.

I'm about to take mine to another level.... it's going to help me out a lot... and I hope you guys and gals start doing the same. This is an awesome resource... 4 months from now... you are are really going to see how much!

GeneC3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just a tip, keep your journal open when you listen to the conference calls & type your notes right in it as you listen. I found this useful.
    Great call..
    if your not scared the weights not heavy enough

GeneC3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ScottRoland View Post
    Please subscribe to my YouTube channel.... give me some rep points here.... let me know what your YouTube channel is so I can follow your video journal.

I'm about to take mine to another level.... it's going to help me out a lot... and I hope you guys and gals start doing the same. This is an awesome resource... 4 months from now... you are are really going to see how much!

Knocked it out of the park Scott very cool intro and all great video.
    if your not scared the weights not heavy enough

earleyjacob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i need help finging a workout routine to build muscle and get rid of the lose fat i have lost throughout the years

tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyseagle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Please view and comment or question in my Mass Machine Journal:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post821923551
    Follow my 2013 Contest Preparation Journal on Bodybuilding.com: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152959321

Get you questions answered by Skip La Cour in the Mass Machine Bodybuilding Thread on the Bodybuilding.com Forum: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107699061&page=282

http://www.youtube.com/user/tyseagle?feature=mhee

Nutritional Supplements SUPPLEMENT Your Effective and Consistent Habits - #18

Click here to order

TIP OF THE DAY:
    If you’ve never failed, you’ve never lived. We learn from our failures. We learn from our mistakes. Our failure makes us stronger, better, successful. Do NOT be afraid to try something for fear of failure. Simply starting a task, a goal, an idea is already a success. When you walk through the door at the gym you have already succeeded. Merely going to the gym is more than what about 80% of people will do for their health today. The fact that you have a goal and a plan and are executing that goal through your structured diet, your structured routine, your defined life style places you in the top 5%. You are elite. You are a MASS MACHINE. Make sure you perform like one today.

gymrat992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up you need to watch this video of skip and tyrus

Guys, watch this video of skip and tyrus, it explains exactly what we should all be doing as far as nutrition goes. It will help clear up any questions that you have.

Hope it helps!

http://massmachinetraining.blogspot....n-for.html?m=1

Thumbs up link to watch all of skips's and tyrus's videos

Here's the link to watch all of skip's videos when he coached tyrus reed. I went back and watched them all, you should do the same. You will learn a tremendous amout of awesome information.
    Steve
    gymrat992

http://massmachinetraining.blogspot....-results=7&m=1
    Last edited by gymrat992; 01-28-2012 at 07:25 AM.

jayflex6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayflex6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by gymrat992 View Post
    Here's the link to watch all of skip's videos when he coached tyrus reed. I went back and watched them all, you should do the same. You will learn a tremendous amout of awesome information.
    Steve
    gymrat992

http://massmachinetraining.blogspot....-results=7&m=1
    Excellent post! that whole entire series is great stuff. Reps for you sir

Click here to order
    A Captain for "Results University." Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Bulking and Cutting Challenge

bodygroup: http://groups.bodybuilding.com/mm_bulking_and_cutting_challenge
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141324201

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion....Impossible is nothing." - Muhammad Ali

thanks jayflex

Excellent post! that whole entire series is great stuff. Reps for you sir

Click here to order

It's such an awesome teaching and learning tool that has helped me so much! I had to post the link for everyone to watch. Enjoy

Six egg white omelet
    CALORIES: 100
    CARBS: 2
    PROTEIN: 21
    FAT: 0

Second breakfast before I head out for legs. Loaded up 100 carbs on top of this with oats and shakes.

“Self-confidence is learned by fighting your way up the pecking order.”

--Dr. John Rosemund

#IAmAMassMachine!

NoExcuses01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What up bros! Great video logs on youtube. It is cool to see people who are using different methods for motivational tools. Also, check out my blog in my signature below! I just started it a couple of weeks ago.

#IAmAMassMachine
    I live off of..."No Excuses"...It is one thing that drive me...

"If something's important and a little is good... alot is better... so why stop at a little?"

Student of Results University: Bulking and Cutting 101. Teacher: Skip LaCour
    January 16-June 30, 2012

Check out my blog! http://fitbrotherinc.tumblr.com/

tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    If you are sore, you aren't fully recovered.

If you are a performance athlete (or a person who wants the benefits of performance athlete) and you must condition your body to perform the best it can even when your body isn't fully recovered, then go for it.

If you are primary objective is to build the most amount of muscle; in the shortest period of time; in the most effective and efficient manner--then wait until your muscle group have fully recovered before you train the muscle group again.

Can the muscle group grow when isn't fully recovered? Sure. Especially if you are rather new to training and any stimulation with improve your current situation. Will you MAXIMIZE your potential to grow. No.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Thx Skip.

Biceps feeling like they good today. def needed another day.

And about pushing through the pain and this maxing out. It can be such a mental game.

I been watching vids of champion BBers, like Skip and seeing them go through their workouts gives me a new respect how hard this really is.
    Used to be fat, now just fat with a lot of muscle.

come check out my latest log: Layne Nortons Carbon line http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169447773

back at you man, but I'm gonna have to get my butt in gear w/ my u-tube channel! This Civil Engineering job taking up way too much of my MASS MACHINE time!
    Originally Posted by ScottRoland View Post
    winner ! ! ! ! !

Thumbs up sleep! tell me more!!

So Skip, I am way curious. I know you are challenging yourself to 4 hours sleep, was checking out Tyler's journal the other day after he posted something about trying to get only 4 hrs of sleep. just checked out his journal again today after I asked him some questions about it the other day.

I am always ultra busy & I want to do more during my day - one of my biggest challenges. By the time I finish w/ my work day training, & other BB prep seems there is no time left before I have to get up & do it again. I go to bed at 9 & get up at 4 giving me 7 hours sleep. When I have gotten less, I really feel it & especially my mind feels it. Being a Civil Engineer, my mind has to be alert. I am also afraid of not getting enough rest for recovery & as we've discussed, recovery is essential. GIVE ME WHATEVER YOU'VE GOT ON THIS - I'd love to be able to sleep less but not have it affect my gym performance or work performance. There is SO MUCH I want to accomplish that I don't seem to have time to - like my U-tube!

jayflex6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayflex6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Mass MAchines here's my new video on youtube. Check it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFnxk...dljbEq8PTRYm-I
    A Captain for "Results University." Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Bulking and Cutting Challenge

bodygroup: http://groups.bodybuilding.com/mm_bulking_and_cutting_challenge
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141324201

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion....Impossible is nothing." - Muhammad Ali

Closed Thread
Page 139 of 364 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 239 ... LastLast