Levine13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Appropriate reps/sets for mucsle building?

I've been trying to gain mucsle/weight lately and ive been doing 3x10 for all of my exercises, and haven't seen very good results. I didn't think this was a good amount, but my buddy said that 3x10 would build muscle on me better than the 4x8 i was doing then. What reps/sets would you guys guys recommend for muscle/weight gaining?
    Last edited by Levine13; 01-14-2007 at 08:24 AM.

46and2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 46and2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 46and2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 46and2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 46and2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 46and2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 46and2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 46and2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 46and2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 46and2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 46and2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd guess your diet has more to do with it than the exact set and rep range.

Beyond that, you need to provide more info to get people to help you. What does your diet look like? How long have you been working out? What exercises and what days are you doing them on? Just saying "3x10 isn't working for me" doesn't really say crap.

Dean` has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I do 3 sets of 10 reps at a certain weight, then 1 set of 8 with extra weight on most machines. My muscles are usually tired by the 4th set and adding more weight may seem silly but if you have the will power to push them out, I think it works and I've seen results.

How long have you been at it for? I was a bit disappointed not seeing any results for a while but I expected to weight a while.