IANSIXTYNINE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Liquidising question

Hi,

I dont know if people do thsi but does anyone liquidise food? I work in a care home where someone has to have this done and i thought what an easy way to get food down throughout the day. I find it hard to eat like chicken breats, rice etc throughout the day and then trying to make it less bland, but i liquidised a meal the other day with water and it went down easy. It may sound stupid but its just a thought to maybe help people.

Would doing this eliminate any of the nutritional value of the food tho?

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by IANSIXTYNINE View Post
    Hi,

I dont know if people do thsi but does anyone liquidise food? I work in a care home where someone has to have this done and i thought what an easy way to get food down throughout the day. I find it hard to eat like chicken breats, rice etc throughout the day and then trying to make it less bland, but i liquidised a meal the other day with water and it went down easy. It may sound stupid but its just a thought to maybe help people.

Would doing this eliminate any of the nutritional value of the food tho?
    Depending on what exactly you are blending and on how agressively it's blended, the fiber and plant matter will be broken down via the mechanical damage more than chewing could do. Also it would allow it to be digested slightly faster and may take on slighly different behavior in the gut. You will also lose some of the thermic effect of digesting the food.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.