adidas15g has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cutting diet: 6 days on 1 day off?

It seems like a lot of people recommend following a disciplined, strict diet for 6 days with 1 day to cheat while cutting. I've gotten myself very disciplined with my cutting diet and have not been cheating once a week like the above sentence states.

Is this recommended while cutting to give your metabolism a shock or does this help keep the person who is cutting from going crazy and cheating throughout the rest of the week? If I don't feel I need that one day to cheat, should I just do it anyway, or just skip it?

Thanks ahead of time for any advice you can provide this noob

Todd

iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iceypain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you wanna cut to 130+lbs?

I don't necessarily have to be 130lbs. I'm just looking to cut a little more bodyfat. Currently my scale which calculates bf is reading around 11% (I know, prob not 100% accurrate, but when I got it 6 months ago, it was at 19%). I'm looking for the shredded six-pack look, and have been lifting 3x weekly and running 3x weekly as well.

Transformer08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Transformer08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Transformer08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Transformer08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Transformer08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Transformer08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Transformer08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Transformer08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Transformer08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Transformer08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by adidas15g View Post
    I don't necessarily have to be 130lbs. I'm just looking to cut a little more bodyfat. Currently my scale which calculates bf is reading around 11% (I know, prob not 100% accurrate, but when I got it 6 months ago, it was at 19%). I'm looking for the shredded six-pack look, and have been lifting 3x weekly and running 3x weekly as well.
    The weight scale calculates bodyfat incorrectly, it just does a weight to height ratio and goes on a national average.
    I dont think 1 cheat meal, 1nce a week, will harm you if your just a general dieter, but if your looking to go for a show, then i wouldnt have a cheat meal unless u really know your body.
    Secondly i dont think cheat meals are needed when you are high bodyfat, as you get leaner, things like re-feeds and jump starting ur metabolism will be needed. But if your going to raise your metabolism, why not have a carb up day? instead of a cheat meal? it will be better on re-filling depleted glycogen, and ull be more anabolic that way.
    I use to have 1 cheat meal a week, but i found everytime i had that cheat meal, id eat so much my weight would balloon up to anything around 10lbs. So i found it harder to see where i was at as we all look to drop that 1.5-2lb fat loss a week.I feel with carb up days your more incontrol on everything, weight, and how your body reacts to certain carbs etc...
    Read articles from layne norton if you havent already, im sure theres some good info there. hope this helps

Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've seen a good way to go with cheat meals..

If you stick to your diet 90% of the time you'll stay on track, so if you eat 6 meals a day, you get about 4 cheat meals. It's better to spread them out then splurge at once, you'll see. Usually you'll gain water weight on a bad cheat day, so it's just better to spread them out.

Originally Posted by Transformer08 View Post
    The weight scale calculates bodyfat incorrectly, it just does a weight to height ratio and goes on a national average.
    I dont think 1 cheat meal, 1nce a week, will harm you if your just a general dieter, but if your looking to go for a show, then i wouldnt have a cheat meal unless u really know your body.
    Secondly i dont think cheat meals are needed when you are high bodyfat, as you get leaner, things like re-feeds and jump starting ur metabolism will be needed. But if your going to raise your metabolism, why not have a carb up day? instead of a cheat meal? it will be better on re-filling depleted glycogen, and ull be more anabolic that way.
    I use to have 1 cheat meal a week, but i found everytime i had that cheat meal, id eat so much my weight would balloon up to anything around 10lbs. So i found it harder to see where i was at as we all look to drop that 1.5-2lb fat loss a week.I feel with carb up days your more incontrol on everything, weight, and how your body reacts to certain carbs etc...
    Read articles from layne norton if you havent already, im sure theres some good info there. hope this helps

Transformers08,

Thanks for the very informative post. Yeah, I knew the bf scale wasn't all that correct. All I knew was that the bf% reading has been declining ever since I got it so I figured I was doing something right Still haven't gotten around to getting a caliper reading yet.

As far as the re-feed or carb-up days go, I've seen them in titles of threads on bb, but never really read too much about them since I didn't know what they meant. I guess my next step is to research these carb-up days. Thanks again!

Originally Posted by Bioteknik View Post
    I've seen a good way to go with cheat meals..

If you stick to your diet 90% of the time you'll stay on track, so if you eat 6 meals a day, you get about 4 cheat meals. It's better to spread them out then splurge at once, you'll see. Usually you'll gain water weight on a bad cheat day, so it's just better to spread them out.

But is something like that actually needed/recommended?

SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not needed but i have 1 high calorie day during the week and i find i've had better results since then. I'll eat like 700 calories more than i usually do, and i always feel better the morning after. It's not junk though, but it's decent stuff. Instead of cookies i'll binge out on PB and other stuff.

Originally Posted by FameGirl View Post
    Not needed but i have 1 high calorie day during the week and i find i've had better results since then. I'll eat like 700 calories more than i usually do, and i always feel better the morning after. It's not junk though, but it's decent stuff. Instead of cookies i'll binge out on PB and other stuff.
    Thanks!

SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're welcome. I've felt a lot saner since i've incorporated this day. I'm not as strict about macros, but i always make sure protein is up. Like i said, i still eat mostly clean foods. It's also nice because if you have a day where you're invited out to eat or something and can just skip your "refeed" day that week and use the special occasion instead. Adds for some sanity if you're strictly dieting. However, i've noticed since i've "lightened" up on my diet all together, i've felt better, been less stressed, and actually look better, so go figure.

reaper55 is not very well liked. (-100) reaper55 is not very well liked. (-100) reaper55 is not very well liked. (-100) reaper55 is not very well liked. (-100) reaper55 is not very well liked. (-100) reaper55 is not very well liked. (-100) reaper55 is not very well liked. (-100) reaper55 is not very well liked. (-100) reaper55 is not very well liked. (-100) reaper55 is not very well liked. (-100) reaper55 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Check out the "cheat to lose" diet I have used it in the past with great results!!