RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Low total serum testosterone at 21 years old

I had my blood checked recently. Although I didn't get free test checked, my total test was 328. The "normal" range was 245 to 841. At 21, I think 380 is pretty damn low. I've never touched AAS or p/h's

Any supplements (not p/h) that will actually help me out in producing more natural testosterone? I know most people say Tribulus and ZMA don't do anything for test.
    Last edited by RM36; 05-05-2008 at 03:18 PM.

realitysfringe is on a distinguished road. (+10) realitysfringe is on a distinguished road. (+10) realitysfringe is on a distinguished road. (+10) realitysfringe is on a distinguished road. (+10) realitysfringe is on a distinguished road. (+10) realitysfringe is on a distinguished road. (+10) realitysfringe is on a distinguished road. (+10) realitysfringe is on a distinguished road. (+10) realitysfringe is on a distinguished road. (+10) realitysfringe is on a distinguished road. (+10) realitysfringe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by RM36 View Post
    I had my blood checked recently. Although I didn't get free test checked, my total test was 380. The "normal" range was 245 to 841. At 21, I think 380 is pretty damn low. I've never touched AAS or p/h's

Any supplements (not p/h) that will actually help me out in producing more natural testosterone? I know most people say Tribulus and ZMA don't do anything for test.
    I read somewhere that 25% or so of all males have low test levels(though considerably less exhibit symptoms of it). What did your doctor say?

chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    what time of the day were you tested?

xtechbuilderx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtechbuilderx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtechbuilderx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtechbuilderx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtechbuilderx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtechbuilderx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtechbuilderx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtechbuilderx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtechbuilderx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtechbuilderx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtechbuilderx is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile Sorry, long post

Bear in mind that it is a range. 380 ng/dl may not be high on the range, but that doesn't mean it isn't normal for your individual body. Your free test also has a say in how high your total test is, a high amount of free test may tell your HPTA to not produce testosterone past a certain range. The best thing would be to get an endocrinologist to check your Estrogen, DHT, Free Test, Cortisol, and Growth Hormone levels.

Now if you have low libido, mental sluggishness, trouble maintaining an erection, tiredness, and loss of muscle then I would be worried.

You could try Activate Extreme, or an Aromatase Inhibitor like Novedex XT or 6-oxo. Granted, none of these is a permanent solution and they have side effects ranging from inconsequential to serious depending on dosage, tolerance, and duration. ActX seems to be the mildest of the three, I have used it twice and think that it is an awesome supplement.

You could also try a regimen of total body workouts consisting of squats, deadlifts, benches, barbell rows, and military presses as all of these exercises stimulate testosterone production. Again, I am not sure of the permanence of ones test gains from this, but at the very least you would get pretty strong quickly.

One more thing, keeping your bodyfat between 8% to 12% is a sure way to boost test levels because you will have lower levels of aromatase to change test into estrogen.
    Veni, vidi, vici.

Any advice I give is purely anecdotal as I am not a licensed health provider. Thanks!

AdrenalRush8o8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdrenalRush8o8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdrenalRush8o8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdrenalRush8o8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdrenalRush8o8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdrenalRush8o8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had my blood checked recently. Although I didn't get free test checked, my total test was 380. The "normal" range was 245 to 841. At 21, I think 380 is pretty damn low. I've never touched AAS or p/h's

ZMA doesnt have anything to do with your testosterone levels. It simply enhances your REM sleep to allow you to emit more GH. In other words helps you sleep better and muscle growth.

RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RM36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by xtechbuilderx View Post
    Bear in mind that it is a range. 380 ng/dl may not be high on the range, but that doesn't mean it isn't normal for your individual body. Your free test also has a say in how high your total test is, a high amount of free test may tell your HPTA to not produce testosterone past a certain range. The best thing would be to get an endocrinologist to check your Estrogen, DHT, Free Test, Cortisol, and Growth Hormone levels.

Now if you have low libido, mental sluggishness, trouble maintaining an erection, tiredness, and loss of muscle then I would be worried.

You could try Activate Extreme, or an Aromatase Inhibitor like Novedex XT or 6-oxo. Granted, none of these is a permanent solution and they have side effects ranging from inconsequential to serious depending on dosage, tolerance, and duration. ActX seems to be the mildest of the three, I have used it twice and think that it is an awesome supplement.

You could also try a regimen of total body workouts consisting of squats, deadlifts, benches, barbell rows, and military presses as all of these exercises stimulate testosterone production. Again, I am not sure of the permanence of ones test gains from this, but at the very least you would get pretty strong quickly.

One more thing, keeping your bodyfat between 8% to 12% is a sure way to boost test levels because you will have lower levels of aromatase to change test into estrogen.
    Great post, thanks. Actually, I typed it wrong before -- my total serum test level is actually 328

I currently do a lot of squats/deadlifts, and it was tested in the morning (which people say is the highest time of the day)

I will see about getting a referral to an endo. Thank you for the reply

bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great post, thanks. Actually, I typed it wrong before -- my total serum test level is actually 328

I currently do a lot of squats/deadlifts, and it was tested in the morning (which people say is the highest time of the day)

I will see about getting a referral to an endo. Thank you for the reply
    I think this would be best. Also understand that heavy training can blunt test and raise catabolic hormones so if you took some time off from training before your test, you'd probably get something a little less variable.

I think that an endo will be able to provide you with the information you're looking for. xtechbuilderx's explanation was excellent. Like he said, you need to look into the other hormones to get a firm understanding about what's really going on. Furthermore, you want a few blood tests to do a contrast and comparison to see whether they're accurate or not. The endo will explain this and set up appointments appropriate for your needs. Hopefully your doctor gives you a referral without quarrel, I know that things can be tough when you're in the States. Best of luck.

rocco555 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rocco555 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rocco555 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rocco555 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rocco555 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rocco555 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rocco555 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rocco555 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rocco555 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rocco555 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rocco555 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I had my blood checked recently. Although I didn't get free test checked, my total test was 328. The "normal" range was 245 to 841. At 21, I think 380 is pretty damn low. I've never touched AAS or p/h's

if you are overtrained and/or stressed T might be low and Cortisol high

SupremeSE is on a distinguished road. (+10) SupremeSE is on a distinguished road. (+10) SupremeSE is on a distinguished road. (+10) SupremeSE is on a distinguished road. (+10) SupremeSE is on a distinguished road. (+10) SupremeSE is on a distinguished road. (+10) SupremeSE is on a distinguished road. (+10) SupremeSE is on a distinguished road. (+10) SupremeSE is on a distinguished road. (+10) SupremeSE is on a distinguished road. (+10) SupremeSE is on a distinguished road. (+10)

*THIS IS SERIOUS*

328ng/dl is NOT normal for a healthy male, let alone a 19 year old boy!!

Hypogonadism is considered 200 and below, the average male testosterone level is about 600ng/dl, and the average male 19-21 year old is almost 1,000.

You need to seek medical advice from an Endocrinologist. Typically, he will prescribe you HCG in conjunction with Clomiphene Citrate(Clomid) in order to stimulate your HPTA. He will also scan for tumors on your Pituitary, which could be causing your androgen deficiency.

By the way, what was your LH level, Estrogen level and FREE T level?

chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chasinSKURT is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by chasinSKURT View Post
    what time of the day were you tested?
    ????

Charmion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charmion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charmion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charmion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charmion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charmion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charmion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charmion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charmion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charmion will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charmion will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ????
    He replied, said it was in the morning.

Charmion

Originally Posted by Charmion View Post
    He replied, said it was in the morning.

Charmion
    aaah, I see it now. My bad.

Yeah, those levels suck.

but out of curiosity what was free test like?

Originally Posted by SupremeSE View Post
    *THIS IS SERIOUS*

Hypogonadism is considered 200 and below, the average male testosterone level is about 600ng/dl, and the average male 19-21 year old is almost 1,000.

You need to seek medical advice from an Endocrinologist. Typically, he will prescribe you HCG in conjunction with Clomiphene Citrate(Clomid) in order to stimulate your HPTA. He will also scan for tumors on your Pituitary, which could be causing your androgen deficiency.

I did not have LH/Estrogen/Free Test checked. I will hopefully get a referral to an endo and go from there. This really sucks because I've been training hard and eating right for about 8 months and I've made very, very slow progress. I always suspected low T and now its confirmed. I don't want to go on HRT because it's a lifelong thing

????
    I was tested in the morning, on a fasted stomach.

willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I dont know a single male with test levels at 1000

rocco555 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rocco555 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rocco555 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rocco555 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rocco555 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rocco555 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rocco555 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rocco555 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rocco555 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rocco555 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rocco555 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SupremeSE View Post
    *THIS IS SERIOUS*

are you completely mad or what ?

SupremeSE is on a distinguished road. (+10) SupremeSE is on a distinguished road. (+10) SupremeSE is on a distinguished road. (+10) SupremeSE is on a distinguished road. (+10) SupremeSE is on a distinguished road. (+10) SupremeSE is on a distinguished road. (+10) SupremeSE is on a distinguished road. (+10) SupremeSE is on a distinguished road. (+10) SupremeSE is on a distinguished road. (+10) SupremeSE is on a distinguished road. (+10) SupremeSE is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by willldabeast View Post
    I dont know a single male with test levels at 1000
    Of course, that is the high rage, but check these figures from our LJ100 tests:

LJ100 Saliva Testosterone Test

Saliva Testosterone Test of 9 Individuals 26-52 years of age
    Dosage 2x2 (50mg/capsules) morning & evening for 10 days
    Normal range for athlete 800 = 150ng/dl of blood

Volunteers 1-5 are athletes - data are an average of 3 different studies at different times
    Volunteers 6-9 do not exercise on a regular basis

Conclusion
    The results demonstrate that 100 mg per day of LJ100 caused an increase in bioavailability testosterone within 10 days. Furthermore, all subjects (athletes and non-athletes) showed a positive increase in testosterone suggesting that LJ100 causes an increase in the free testosterone index.