boondock86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boondock86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boondock86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boondock86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boondock86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boondock86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boondock86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boondock86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boondock86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boondock86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boondock86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Some info on Protein I Didnt Know

3. Our body gets all but 1/6 of the protein it needs from recycling old body tissue. This amounts to 100-300 grams. The 1/6 we don't recycle must come from essential amino acids we eat.

7. North Americans generally eat 3 to 5 times more protein than they need. The protein not needed is broken down further and most of it is used to make energy. However there is some left over product from this process which is not good for our bodies.

8. We can only absorb about 25 grams of protein at one time. The rest is broken down and burned or stored as fat.

9. Plant protein is absorbed at about 70-90%, animal protein at 85-100%. There is concern among some about plant protein not being absorbed as readily as animal protein. This is not a problem as we in North America presently eat 2 to 3 times the RDA for protein anyway.

Source: http://waltonfeed.com/omega/protein.html

I definately am gunna try changing up my protein intake after reading this but i think i still am going to aim for 300 a day but spread it out a lot more. No more 54g protein shakes. I also didnt know that we get protein from recycling body tissue.

boondock86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boondock86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boondock86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boondock86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boondock86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boondock86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boondock86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boondock86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boondock86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boondock86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boondock86 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Also Rabbit meat has the highest amount of protein compared to calories followed by tuna then lean turkey.

gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    the body can absorb more than 25g at a time

How much can it?

I-Am-Iron-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) I-Am-Iron-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) I-Am-Iron-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) I-Am-Iron-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) I-Am-Iron-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) I-Am-Iron-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) I-Am-Iron-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) I-Am-Iron-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) I-Am-Iron-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) I-Am-Iron-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) I-Am-Iron-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by boondock86 View Post
    How much can it?
    36.4 grams

TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    source?
    Last edited by TheFate; 05-05-2008 at 02:24 PM.

v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000)
    somehow i doubt a 72 lb 10 year old AND a 300 lb mr olympia are BOTH stuck at absorbing 25 grams of protein at a time....

and the fact that the page references start with the RDA is an issue in itself if you ask me. there was some interesting stuff on that page though about the foods at least.

cncretecbwo is just really nice. (+1000) cncretecbwo is just really nice. (+1000) cncretecbwo is just really nice. (+1000) cncretecbwo is just really nice. (+1000) cncretecbwo is just really nice. (+1000) cncretecbwo is just really nice. (+1000) cncretecbwo is just really nice. (+1000) cncretecbwo is just really nice. (+1000) cncretecbwo is just really nice. (+1000) cncretecbwo is just really nice. (+1000) cncretecbwo is just really nice. (+1000)
    3. Our body gets all but 1/6 of the protein it needs from recycling old body tissue. This amounts to 100-300 grams. The 1/6 we don't recycle must come from essential amino acids we eat.

7. North Americans generally eat 3 to 5 times more protein than they need. The protein not needed is broken down further and most of it is used to make energy. However there is some left over product from this process which is not good for our bodies.

8. We can only absorb about 25 grams of protein at one time. The rest is broken down and burned or stored as fat.

9. Plant protein is absorbed at about 70-90%, animal protein at 85-100%. There is concern among some about plant protein not being absorbed as readily as animal protein. This is not a problem as we in North America presently eat 2 to 3 times the RDA for protein anyway.

I definately am gunna try changing up my protein intake after reading this but i think i still am going to aim for 300 a day but spread it out a lot more. No more 54g protein shakes. I also didnt know that we get protein from recycling body tissue.
    wayyyy too variable person to person to state this as a fact.

Yes a sedentary american probably gets more protein than he or she needs, but more activity = more protein use.

Also, the amount of protein used per hour or whatever has been beaten to death more than once around here. Still no consensus, but if you look at IF diets youll see that people take huge amounts in one sitting and do fine.

TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheFate has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    ^ What do you consider large ammounts at one sitting ?

I'll tube your trach thricenotrice's Avatar
    thricenotrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) thricenotrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) thricenotrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) thricenotrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) thricenotrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) thricenotrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) thricenotrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) thricenotrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) thricenotrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) thricenotrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) thricenotrice will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i believe the average person who doesnt work out can digest at least 30 grams per sitting (at very least)

Someone who does workout can digest up to 35 grams per sitting or so, and up to 50 postworkout.

These are just numbers coming from my ass though

BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by v4lu3s View Post
    somehow i doubt a 72 lb 10 year old AND a 300 lb mr olympia are BOTH stuck at absorbing 25 grams of protein at a time....
    If only Ronnie Coleman had a son we could find out lol

pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    there is no set level for absorbance of protein. increased protein intake will cause an increase in maximum absorbable. also depends on body size/weight, normal diet, training and a whole bunch of other variables. remember: its different for every person.

one thing i love about these kinds of statements: it is always said "at one time", but no one ever says what the true duration of "one time" is.

I-Am-Iron-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) I-Am-Iron-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) I-Am-Iron-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) I-Am-Iron-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) I-Am-Iron-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) I-Am-Iron-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) I-Am-Iron-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) I-Am-Iron-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) I-Am-Iron-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) I-Am-Iron-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50) I-Am-Iron-Man will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by thricenotrice View Post
    i believe the average person who doesnt work out can digest at least 30 grams per sitting (at very least)

Someone who does workout can digest up to 35 grams per sitting or so, and up to 50 postworkout.

These are just numbers coming from my ass though
    what are your credentials?

gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000) gfundaro is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by pologod05 View Post
    there is no set level for absorbance of protein. increased protein intake will cause an increase in maximum absorbable. also depends on body size/weight, normal diet, training and a whole bunch of other variables. remember: its different for every person.

one thing i love about these kinds of statements: it is always said "at one time", but no one ever says what the true duration of "one time" is.
    I always find those statements funny as well. Really it's hormone levels that regulate much of the use...increased testosterone or GH increases protein synthesis (as far as contractile proteins in the muscle), so men can probably use more than women, and GH users can use a lot more than naturals, but it's still too variable to pick just one number.

Originally Posted by I-Am-Iron-Man View Post
    what are your credentials?
    lol...credentials

you never see that on bb.com haha

ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by I-Am-Iron-Man View Post
    36.4 grams
    Negged. It's 34.2g.

Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by gfundaro View Post
    lol...credentials

you never see that on bb.com haha

RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50) RADIRON will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I bet the people at waltonfeed.com are all JACKED!!!!

ThePatriot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThePatriot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    11. Men require about 2900 calories and women require about 2200 calories per day. Hard work requires more.

LOLOLOLOL

hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hooked4life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    lol what?

pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ThePatriot View Post
    11. Men require about 2900 calories and women require about 2200 calories per day. Hard work requires more.

LOLOLOLOL
    its a retarded statement, hence the lol.