Thread: Becoming a PT?

Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Becoming a PT?

Anyone have any good resources/suggestions. I am graduating from college this year and realize that I hate what I studied and don't really want to work in an office Any information on how long it takes to get certified, best way to go about it, any advice or things to think about.
    Last edited by Code_B; 05-09-2008 at 07:29 PM.
    Consistency

WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    11 weeks
    11 days
    1 year
    pick one

Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ThEBoKi View Post
    11 weeks
    11 days
    1 year
    pick one
    Does this mean that different certs require different things, or are you saying as long as it takes to learn enough to pass certain certs? I,m confused
    Consistency

metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I'm no expert, but I believe for ACE all you have to do is be able to pass the test. Technically you don't even have to study, but you probably wouldn't stand much chance of passing.

Whats good for lower abs? kserajuddin's Avatar
    kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Code_B View Post
    Anyone have any good resources/suggestions. I am graduating from college this year and realize that I hate what I studied and don't really want to work in an office Any information on how long it takes to get certified, best way to go about it, any advice or things to think about.
    Yeah don't feel bad man -
    EVERY SINGLE major trainer I've talked to on my blog, and some are Men's Journal 100 Trainers or household names, has told me that they became trainers by chance after leaving another career - it was just a matter of pursuing their passions - I myself spent over 8 years pursuing a bull**** go nowhere career before I got good at PT - nothing beats this -

Getting certified is the easiest part - kind of like passing a drivers test - you'll find plenty of threads here talking about the pros and cons of each - but like someone else said, ACE is a matter of just showing up for the test - you should just get your hand on the test materials, which you can borrow or buy discounted online -

The rest is a little harder - look at books on consulting for the major info on how to do things -

But the truth is that training is completely unique and has it's own rules, especially if you're looking for freedom from real "work", which it sounds like -
    "Do what you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life" - either Confucius or the Dalai Lama - I get them confused -

Originally Posted by kserajuddin View Post
    Yeah don't feel bad man -
    EVERY SINGLE major trainer I've talked to on my blog, and some are Men's Journal 100 Trainers or household names, has told me that they became trainers by chance after leaving another career - it was just a matter of pursuing their passions - I myself spent over 8 years pursuing a bull**** go nowhere career before I got good at PT - nothing beats this -

Getting certified is the easiest part - kind of like passing a drivers test - you'll find plenty of threads here talking about the pros and cons of each - but like someone else said, ACE is a matter of just showing up for the test - you should just get your hand on the test materials, which you can borrow or buy discounted online -

The rest is a little harder - look at books on consulting for the major info on how to do things -

But the truth is that training is completely unique and has it's own rules, especially if you're looking for freedom from real "work", which it sounds like -
    Thanks for the response first of all I actually love the idea of real work as the small amount of office work I have is pretty easy and you just have to show up and people I know kind of echo this. And I enjoy construction/ landscaping cuz I get to work outside all day. PT'ing is something that actually interests me and I think I could really enjoy. Thanks for the info on consulting books and whatnot to look at to read. I figured the certification is the easy part, I was just clueless on how to go about it. The last thing I want to do is be a ****ty PT who just gives generic or bs advice and doesn't actually help people.

My plan was to keep working labor jobs probably if I can find enough work to sustain me and then start PT'ing any clients I can find. Just a few at first to get the feel for it/be able to put enough energy into them before I get good at streamlining my processes getting more comfortable etc. That was a suggestion that I've seen people mention as opposed to getting a job at a 24 hr fitness(which I may have to do anyways, we'll see, just trying to soak up as much information as I can right now)
    Consistency

Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000) Al Shades is a name known to all. (+5000)
    We need a sticky so that people will stop making these threads constantly.

markfromaurora will become famous soon enough. (+50) markfromaurora will become famous soon enough. (+50) markfromaurora will become famous soon enough. (+50) markfromaurora will become famous soon enough. (+50) markfromaurora will become famous soon enough. (+50) markfromaurora will become famous soon enough. (+50) markfromaurora will become famous soon enough. (+50) markfromaurora will become famous soon enough. (+50) markfromaurora will become famous soon enough. (+50) markfromaurora will become famous soon enough. (+50) markfromaurora will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    BUT... I highly doubt you'd make the kind of cash that a master's degree in something else would get you compared to a PT... but you may luck out