ironknight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Preparing Food in Advance

Does anyone have any advice on reducing the time I spend in the kitchen? Can I cook several meals in advance entirely and freeze them or will that destroy some of the macro/micronutrients in the foods?

willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willldabeast is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i cook about 5 days worth of rice, chicken, turkey, quinoa, and beans all at once and keep it in the frdge. then i always have oats on hand, eggs, pb, and bread.
    most of the week i hardly spend anytime in the kitchen, just maybe once a week.

MJfinns is on a distinguished road. (+10) MJfinns is on a distinguished road. (+10) MJfinns is on a distinguished road. (+10) MJfinns is on a distinguished road. (+10) MJfinns is on a distinguished road. (+10) MJfinns is on a distinguished road. (+10) MJfinns is on a distinguished road. (+10) MJfinns is on a distinguished road. (+10) MJfinns is on a distinguished road. (+10) MJfinns is on a distinguished road. (+10) MJfinns is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This week I made four portions of pasta I took one jar of organic pasta sauce, 1lb of wheat pasta, bout 1 1/2 lb of ground turkey mean, and maybe 1/4 cup of FF cheese. After I prepared all the stuff I layered the cheese and meat on top of the pasta and put them in Tupperware. The whole thing prob only took me 15 mins to complete and the rest of the week I had 4 meals that took about 2 mins in the microwave.

SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can pre cook and leave in the fridge for several days no prob! Microwave em upppp!

Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I cook my burgers (from ground beef) and freeze them afterwards, so I can eat them whenever I feel like it.

And because I just got a new freezer (used only to have a tiny compartiment in the fridge - damn old stylish european fridges ) I will start buying bulk and freeze or cook bulk and freeze afterwards
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***
    *** Scandinavian Misc Crew ***

"Everything you do, every single decision you make, either takes you a step closer or a step further from your goal. You either grow or you regress; nothing stands still."

Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This is the OCD side of me coming out but...

I weigh out all my "powders" in about 1-2 month supplies so I dont have to bother with it every day. I also get all my meals for the next day ready for the most part before I go to bed.

Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nutir is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Dave P View Post
    This is the OCD side of me coming out but...

I weigh out all my "powders" in about 1-2 month supplies so I dont have to bother with it every day. I also get all my meals for the next day ready for the most part before I go to bed.
    Yeah I got a little OCD too, but I control it with food (I sometimes tend to weigh everything, but usually stop the madness )
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***
    *** Scandinavian Misc Crew ***

"Everything you do, every single decision you make, either takes you a step closer or a step further from your goal. You either grow or you regress; nothing stands still."

gimmewings has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gimmewings has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Does food lose any nutritional value if its in the refrigerator for, say 4 days?

I'm particularly concerned w/ protein like chicken, salmon, beef, etc.

COOKED
    That's not how it is. That's not how it is at all.