Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Metaldrummer's Spring/Summer Journal

So yeah, I decided to start a new journal for spring/summer. I'll be sticking with what I've been doing thus far, but I also want to try to keep my bodyfat in check. This means cleaning my diet up, and I may add some cardio in if neccesary. Ideally I would like to stay around 165 and lean out until fall... we'll see how it goes.

Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000)
    Oi!
    First! And subbed!
    KARMA; reps for life:
    matthor-derickonfire-ozfiz-xquick-meyer23-AllGenetix, Beast, Scivation, Lando33
    girl81-2 D-spot skater-djaeger3-in10city-Emma-Leigh-bballbrett5, jaim91, imfusio
    Not on the list? Don't worry! There's still plenty of chances to achieve good karma.

metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) metaldrummer is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Friday May 2

Garage Workout

Biceps

EZ Bar Curls

85 x 6
    85 x 6
    85 x 6
    85 x 6

Hammer Curls

35 x 6
    35 x 6
    35 x 6
    35 x 6

I was going to do legs, but decided to wait til tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Spottydog View Post
    Oi!
    First! And subbed!
    Thx, welcome aboard

Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by metaldrummer View Post
    Thx, welcome aboard
    So cardio eh? Like what kind of cardio?

Check out Ross Training (google it) if you want to do some conditioning which is a bit more interesting than just steady-state.

Good luck on legs!
    KARMA; reps for life:
    girl81-2 D-spot skater-djaeger3-in10city-Emma-Leigh-bballbrett5, jaim91, imfusio
    Not on the list? Don't worry! There's still plenty of chances to achieve good karma.

Saturday May 3

Legs

Squats

135 x 8
    225 x 6
    275 x 4
    275 x 4

Leg Press

750 x 8
    750 x 8
    750 x 8 (last one gave me a nice migraine)

Leg Extensions

190 x 8
    190 x 8
    190 x 8

Dumbell Split Squat

60s x 8 (I was fried by the end of this)

This was at the Y... Got a good workout except for the headache, and an altercation with me and some fat douche bag who decided to start stripping my weight off the leg press. He was in the wrong because he should've just waited his turn instead of standing there starting **** when I told him nicely I had one more set. He actually got the nerve to poke me when he walked off like a little bitch to which I smacked the back of his arm and told him to not ****ing touch me. The guy who I sort of know that works there that was spotting me was sort of holding me back when the guy was walking off like the bitch that he was because I was pretty much ready to go choke him out in the parking lot.

So cardio eh? Like what kind of cardio?

Check out Ross Training (google it) if you want to do some conditioning which is a bit more interesting than just steady-state.

Good luck on legs!
    Not really sure, something low impact where I can watch tv maybe.

Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    nice leg day. What a douche bag
    Consistency

Good legs day. Your numbers on leg press are awesome!
    I love/hate split squats, they are a good finisher IMO, they're pretty brutal after leg extensions!

God, I would have tried to strangle that dude too... he was such an ******* about that.
    KARMA; reps for life:

Thanks sometimes you just gotta deal with ****

So I decided I'm going to try to work in 20 minutes of cardio somewhere every day. For you guys checking my journal don't be afraid to hound me on this if I'm not keeping it up. I've been pretty good as far as limiting my cheat day to once a week now, and cutting out unneccesary stuff out of my diet, so cardio is going to be the next step.
    Last edited by metaldrummer; 05-04-2008 at 11:52 PM.

Monday May 5

Chest/Triceps/Biceps

Bench

Bar x 20
    135 x 8
    205 x 4
    215 x 2 + 1 assisted
    205 x 4

Dumbell Incline

85 x 4
    85 x 4
    80 x 6

Flat Bench Skullcrushers
    (Decline was being used)

85 x 8
    85 x 8
    85 x 8

1 Arm Dumbell Tricep Extensions
    (Behind head)

40 x 5
    35 x 8?
    35 x 8?

Barbell Curls

100 x 6
    100 x 6
    100 x 6

Seated Incline Curls

40s x 6
    40s x 6
    40s x 6

Cardio: Walking to my house from the bus stop/Mowing the lawn

Cardio: Mowing the lawn
    100% legit.
    Good that you got that done too.

Strong bench numbers today!
    KARMA; reps for life:

Thanks

Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks
    Nice workout yesterday. Done your GPP yet today?
    Consistency

Wednesday May 7

Back

Barbell Rows

135 x 8
    185 x 8
    205 x 8
    205 x 8

1 Arm Dumbell Rows

90 x 6
    90 x 6
    90 x 6

Cable Rows
    (With close grip)

200 x 8
    200 x 8?
    180 x 8?

Dumbell Shrugs

85s x 12
    85s x 12
    85s x 12

Wide Grip Pull-ups

Bodyweight x 6
    Bodyweight x 6 + 2 assisted?

Cardio: 20 minute bike ride up and down hills and ****

Pull-ups really sucked today for some reason. I think my grip was kind of spent too.

nice rowing. 2 assisted? someone lift you up or are you near a wall or something
    Consistency

Someone spotted me from the feet but they ****ed up the first set and let me fail lol.

Someone spotted me from the feet but they ****ed up the first set and let me fail lol.
    i lol'd
    Consistency

Thursday May 8

Legs

Squat

135 x 8 no belt
    225 x 6 no belt
    275 x 4 belt
    275 x 4 belt

Leg Extensions

205 x 10
    205 x 10
    205 x 10

Dumbell Split Squat

65s x 10
    65s x 10
    65s x 10

Standing Calf Raises

140 + machine weight, 8 sets of 12

Nice short workout today, I got everything done that I wanted to.

Very strong leg extensions.

Short is okay, if it's intense!
    KARMA; reps for life:

Short is okay, if it's intense!
    I think I've heard that before, they were talking about something else though.

LOL
    KARMA; reps for life:

HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000) HumanHorrorFilm is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i cracked the hell up on that on.

Strong looking numbers man. What kinda cardio are you doing to drop weight? ive been trying to get some in, but no traditional gym cardio.

I counted mowing the lawn too

Just whatever I feel like, (riding my bike, fast walking, etc). It's not that hard since I'm already pretty active. I just make sure I do something. I'm not trying to drop much weight per se, but fire up my metabolism and eat cleaner in hopes of becoming leaner. I don't really want to go below 165.
    Last edited by metaldrummer; 05-09-2008 at 12:32 PM.

Friday May 9

TGIF Workout

OHP

125 x 4
    125 x 4
    135 x 4
    135 x 4

Seated Dumbell Shoulder Press

70s x 4
    70s x 4
    65s x 5

1 Arm Dumbell Front Raises

40 x 8
    40 x 8

Shoulder Flyes?

35s x 8
    35s x 8

Barbell Preacher Curls

85 x 8
    85 x 8
    85 x 8

Standing EZ Bar Curls

85 x 6
    85 x 6

Hammer Curls

45 x 8
    45 x 6
    35 x 6

Cardio: 10 minute walk from bus stop/20 minute bike ride

Strong curls, espceially preacher curls! Those things are killers!
    Did Brent show you that "most effective exercises" sheet thing? I believe preacher curls w/ straight bar was "the best".

Good day for a bike ride
    KARMA; reps for life:

Saturday May 10

Cardio: 30 minutes drunken bike adventure, (mostly hillclimbing)

MIMdrummer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MIMdrummer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MIMdrummer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MIMdrummer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MIMdrummer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MIMdrummer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MIMdrummer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wow man, pretty strong. About how long does it take you to do a workout?

Thanks MIM, usually an 1hr 15 minutes unless I have a bunch of stuff I'm catching up on.