Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
    It's later than you think EMISGOD's Avatar
    EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by WannaGetLean View Post
    That's awesome about the new riding club and entering a race Woo hoo!
    Not for a while...not even sure if I will be doing a Log (aside from the other one) then...

Sorry about the lawsuit thing

Hope you have a good night Emi
    Thanks hon.

Originally Posted by Dracoy View Post
    Hey, good luck on the riding club. I think you will LOVE it!
    I probably will think it over during my vacation and decide when I get back.

I thought the Syntrax lawsuits were dropped? Didn't bodybuilding.com take care of this?
    You thought incorrectly. As far as I know, they continue. Maybe Clay can check into it if he gets a second and no, thus far, bb.com has not taken care of it, as in put an end to it. They are fighting the foolishness, however.
    Ongoing Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106420991

Come here and open your mouth, S103/Syntrax, I gotta take a piss: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3569901

EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Start Transmission

Workout: Shoulders/Arms
    Test Supplement Used, Pre-Load: Athletic Edge Steel Edge
    Test Supplement Used, IWO: Athletic Edge IntrAbolic
    Exercises Used:

Cuban Half-Press/Rotations = 3 Warm-up sets
    BB Rocky Military Press = 4 Work sets (65X12, 85X8, 95X6, 105X4)
    C. Glass Lateral Raises = 4 Work sets (10sX10, 25X5X2, 20sX7)
    C. Glass Upright Rows = 3 Work sets (105X8, 135X5,6)
    1-Armed Cable Rotations, per Arm = 2 Work sets (40X6X2)
    High Rear Delt Cable Rows, on Lat Tower = 1 Work set (115X6)
    1-Armed High Rear Delt Cable Rows, per Arm = 3 Work sets (115X6X2, 130X4)
    Close-Grip Cable Curls = 4 Work sets (130X6X3, 120X8) supersetted with
    Rope Push-Downs = 4 Work sets (130X6X3, 120X8)
    Bench Dips = 3 Work sets (BWX12) giant-setted with
    Cross Hammers, per Arm = 3 Work sets (40sX7, 50sX6, 60sX4) giant-setted with
    BB Forearm Rolls = 3 Work sets (135X6,5,5)

Quality Level: Outstanding. Back to back blowout workouts...good stuff. Shoulders took a very thorough pounding and I was able to do everything I set out to do with this workout. I had a slight headache going in, but just fought through it. I was going to ride in, but as I forgot to buy crap yesterday when out and about, I needed the car since carrying stuff on the bike is a major pain that I have yet to figure out a good way to do.

Observations From The Deck: Legs feel almost completely normal, which is entirely shocking to me, considering the workout yesterday and the bike ride later. Apparently, the modifications I made to the PWO formulation are golden. I'm going to start the process of double-checking through subtraction this week, but I believe I have it almost precisely where I want it and now need to figure out the best approach to advancing with it.

Auxiliary Intel: I will be doing the Review post on this shortly. I may or may not get in a ride tonight (getting really cloudy and overcast). If I do, then the Closing Time post will come after that. If not, obviously, it will be sooner...

End Transmission

Come here and open your mouth, S103/Syntrax, I gotta take a piss: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3569901

Location: Fukkoffville, FDA sucks, Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands
    Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Wow Terra, hot avi!
    lol, truth; I fapp'd

Originally Posted by EMISGOD View Post
    X2 on the avi...I had to look twice and closer to see if there were any clothes in there...
    You sure you didn't look about 76 times?

LOL same. I was like WOAH. Clicked image. Then was like WOAH. Then clicked the the gallery and was like WOAAAAAAAAAAH.

/no stalker.
    lol, some more truth right there!!!!!!!

Review

I've always been one to keep learning and keep trying new things. Part of this is because of my endless drive to find "the ultimate". In my view, I had found that before with the combinations I was using, mainly Steel Edge pre-lifting workout during weeknights, ClearShot during the weekends, IntrAbolic during all lifting workouts, Purple Wraath during or before Cardio workouts. However, this industry is all about advancement and even though this formulation did not strike me as particularly compelling, I trust Clay and figured I'd give it a shot, since I am very well versed in everything that's been posted.

The way that Swell worked the best thus far is in either taking it following ClearShot to direct that product's somewhat aimless energy burst or pre-Cardio. Pre-Cardio presented its own set of problems, however, as I like to use Purple Wraath and can't do that if I use Swell as it creates too much of a beta alanine overload, as in it pushed towards 10g for the day, which is excessive, I believe. Excessive beta alanine dosing can be detrimental to taurine levels, though the additional taurine in the Swell and what is in the WPH in IntrAbolic would likely alleviate much of that and I typically average between 200 and 300 grams of protein daily, so not a huge concern, but still something to be aware of.

So, if using Swell makes me not be able to use certain things, it has to be better than them and in the case of the above, without exception, it is not. It did not provide an energy charge at all to speak of, though it did provide very nice focus. Using it intra-workout was not a good idea as it does not carry enough of a caloric load to compare at all, let alone favorably, to either Purple Wraath or IntrAbolic. I do like its hydration properties, but IntrAbolic also does a great job of covering that. In short, that is the biggest problem overall with this. Every function it has, except for focus on the weekends, is already covered and better, by other things.

I will probably continue to use this with ClearShot, as I do really like that combination and perhaps before I go riding, depending on distance, but once I run out, I will probably pick up some Poseidon, as I think that is more flexible in terms of how I want the supplements to act. Swell has many positive points and is worth checking out if you have no experience with beta alanine or citrulline malate supplementation. However, much like Body Octane, which it somewhat resembles and again does not compare particularly favorably, this is not competitive with the supplements that I consider at the top of the field.

Closing Time

Starting date: 05.02.08

This is the machine:

Circa: 04/20/08

Poster: EMISGOD
    Height: 6'0"
    Weight: 208
    Bodyfat %: 12.18 (Calculated using this page: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson98.htm)
    Chest: 44
    Arms: 16
    Forearms: 12.5
    Thighs: 25
    Calves: 16

Ending Date: 06/29/08

Weight: 208
    Bodyfat %: 11.68 (Calculated using this page: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson98.htm)
    Chest: 46
    Arms: 16
    Forearms: 12.5
    Thighs: 26
    Calves: 16.5

Note: All above figures and more information available in the machine's BodySpace.

Interesting...I was pretty sure I was screwed as generally I cannot lose 3 weeks of training and emerge unscathed. I guess I really didn't here, but added some size back onto my Legs, which I'm taking to mean that my revised program is working, despite the biking, though I'm not as heavy into that as I had projected, also due to the sickness that cost me 3 weeks.

I'm pretty pleased with the progress overall. I dropped about .5% bf, though I think much of it has come very recently when I pulled as many stops as I could think of, including that Basic Cuts + Lean Extreme stack, to try to get as close as where I wanted to be at the end of this. My goal was to get into single digits and I'm not even at 11% yet...

My motivation finally appears to be returning, shortly before I'm going on vacation to take a week off, but I haven't had one at all in a couple of years, so it's definitely earned. I don't know as I will be Logging anything else the rest of this year, unless something comes up from the usual suspects (Designer Supplements, Athletic Edge Nutrition, Fusion Nutrition, Xtreme Formulations, Champion Nutrition, Prolab, Nimbus (if Clay can pull off that entire list), who are probably the only ones close to automatic that there are. I might do something unsponsored or maybe just pick something, if anything looks interesting that I haven't tried.

I'm pretty excited about getting onto a racing club and possibly doing a race this year and if not that, I want to take a run at a century. If I can do it based on drive alone, it's a cakewalk, but I suspect there's far more to it than that. Since I've never done one, I obviously need to get into some plotting and planning...anyway, it's always nice to have friends along for the ride, so thank you and you can always visit my Workout Archive Journal in OV-35, the link to which is always in my sig.