hahmad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Scrambled Egg Whites with no oil?

Hi, I've just recently added egg whites to my breakfast routine.

I like to have them scrambled, but I don't want to use oil. I'd prefer to get my fats later in the day. My only issue is that when I try to make them on a non-stick pan, there still is a good bit of the egg that just sticks to the pan which I won't benefit from and is a pain in the butt to clean. I'm trying to avoid this and was hoping all the scrambled egg lovers could suggest how I can stop my egg whites from sticking to the pan? Maybe the pan is the problem? I tried adding a teaspoon of canola oil, but there is still egg lost.

Btw, do you cook your eggs on high/med/low and for how long? I tend to cook them between medium and high. Is that potentially the problem?

Thank you,

SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SheWulf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pam?

Also, try going no higher than medium, it could be your cooking the "edges" too quickly for the inside to catch up, if you get what i mean. Cook them slowly and they'll be less likely to stick. I usually go 4/10-6/10 on my dial. I usually start it at 6 and turn it down a bit after it's heated.

Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Buy a new pan and the eggs will stop sticking. Otherwise, Pam would be a good non stick option.

I'm no professional cheif, but I cook my eggs on the #3 heat range on my stove (electric). My eggs are not a pretty sight by any means, but I eat them anyway.

Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vikingur is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Eat whole eggs.

baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If a tsp of oil is screwing with your fat macro's then I'd say your probably trying to avoid fat, maybe I'm wrong, but................

Brendon9686 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brendon9686 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brendon9686 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brendon9686 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brendon9686 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brendon9686 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brendon9686 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brendon9686 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brendon9686 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brendon9686 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brendon9686 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Buy one pan exclusively for eggs. It works wonders.

Clever_Name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clever_Name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clever_Name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clever_Name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clever_Name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clever_Name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clever_Name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clever_Name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clever_Name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clever_Name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Clever_Name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I use an omelet pan, and the organic olive oil spray from Pam. Its like 7 calories and I never have a problem with sticking. Always cook on low heat, especially eggs and anytime you use olive oil.

Saturnal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saturnal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saturnal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saturnal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saturnal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saturnal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saturnal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saturnal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saturnal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saturnal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saturnal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    First, make sure it's a quality non-stick pan. They're typically thicker.

Use Pam spray on medium heat, and scramble the eggs with a rubber spatula. I get zero waste when I do it that way. Takes 5 minutes or so.

Also, don't use this pan for anything else besides eggs.

HandsOn is on a distinguished road. (+10) HandsOn is on a distinguished road. (+10) HandsOn is on a distinguished road. (+10) HandsOn is on a distinguished road. (+10) HandsOn is on a distinguished road. (+10) HandsOn is on a distinguished road. (+10) HandsOn is on a distinguished road. (+10) HandsOn is on a distinguished road. (+10) HandsOn is on a distinguished road. (+10) HandsOn is on a distinguished road. (+10) HandsOn is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lightbulb Since they're scrambled...

... you can always nuke them via a microwave (in a bowl) doesn't require oils. I found I need to have at least 1 yolk (though I usually have more) mixed in. I also add a small amount of milk (skim, but doubt it matters if it's 1, 2% or whole) to help prevent the eggs from over cooking (you'll know when that happens since they'll start to turn green). I found cooking them for a minute at a time then stirring the mix up and then another minute until eventually (usually around 3 minute mark for my 1/2 dozen eggs and Mwave's HIGH setting) gets them to an almost finished/completely cooked state, then I continue to scramble them up into chunks while the steam finishes cooking the bit of egg that was still uncooked. By the time it has cooled down they're just the right amount of cooked (no burn/green) and it's quick with no oil involved. I typically toss in some chopped tomatoes and/or bell peppers with some seasonings, etc... Hope that helps.
    Last edited by HandsOn; 05-02-2008 at 03:08 PM.

Misc. OTO-HNS consult Dr. Horse's Avatar
    Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Time for a new pan.
    No sir, I don't like it.