Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

History of Islam in America: Whither and Where

"The worshipers of the Most Gracious are those who tread the earth gently, and when the ignorant speak to them, they only utter peace. In the privacy of the night, they meditate on their Lord and fall prostrate."
    "And they say, "Our Lord, let our spouses and children be a source of joy for us, and keep us in the forefront of the righteous." These are the ones who attain Paradise in return for their steadfastness; they are received therein with joyous greetings and peace."
    (Qur'an 25:63,74-75)

pantera02018 is just really nice. (+1000) pantera02018 is just really nice. (+1000) pantera02018 is just really nice. (+1000) pantera02018 is just really nice. (+1000) pantera02018 is just really nice. (+1000) pantera02018 is just really nice. (+1000) pantera02018 is just really nice. (+1000) pantera02018 is just really nice. (+1000) pantera02018 is just really nice. (+1000) pantera02018 is just really nice. (+1000) pantera02018 is just really nice. (+1000)
    cliffs?

EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EOY is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by pantera02018 View Post
    cliffs?
    6 minutes into it myself. It's exactly what the title implies; a survey of the history of Islam in America. There are some notes/cliffs posted on the video description section of the original youtube page.
    "The worshipers of the Most Gracious are those who tread the earth gently, and when the ignorant speak to them, they only utter peace. In the privacy of the night, they meditate on their Lord and fall prostrate."
    "And they say, "Our Lord, let our spouses and children be a source of joy for us, and keep us in the forefront of the righteous." These are the ones who attain Paradise in return for their steadfastness; they are received therein with joyous greetings and peace."

squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've seen only babbling and passive aggressive shots at Christianity. Where does he mention September 11th?

Originally Posted by squanto View Post
    I've seen only babbling and passive aggressive shots at Christianity. Where does he mention September 11th?
    It's 67 minutes long. How the hell did you draw conclusions 14 minutes after I posted it? How exactly is this "babbbling"? He's doing exactly what the topic says!

It's not about September 11th; it's about the history of Islam in America. I don't know if he's going to mention September 11th or not, but he probably will. He's already given many talks on 9/11, so I'm not sure what you're getting mad about yourself. Perhaps you spoke too soon.

Oh, and I haven't noticed these alleged passive aggressive shots at Christianity. Can you tell me when exactly that occurs?
    Last edited by EOY; 05-06-2008 at 09:07 AM.

squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) squanto is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by EOY View Post
    It's 67 minutes long. How the hell did you draw conclusions 14 minutes after I posted it? How exactly is this "babbbling"? He's doing exactly what the topic says!

It's not about September 11th; it's about the history of Islam in America. I don't know if he's going to mention September 11th or not, but he probably will. He's already given many talks on 9/11, so I'm not sure what you're getting mad about yourself. Perhaps you spoke too soon.
    I watched a few minutes, I'm not watching the whole thing. There are millions of videos of religious people pontificating about how the universe revolves around them on youtube, I'm not watching them all.

The most important issue to discuss about Islam in America is 9/11 and I want to hear what he has to say.

Oh, and I haven't noticed these alleged passive aggressive shots at Christianity. Can you tell me when exactly that occurs?
    Where he talks about drawing the Gods etc, I closed the window, it's early though.

I watched a few minutes, I'm not watching the whole thing. There are millions of videos of religious people pontificating about how the universe revolves around them on youtube, I'm not watching them all.
    wtf! He's not talking about how the universe revolves around Muslims. He's talking about the history of Islam in America. Is that logically impossible or something?

The most important issue to discuss about Islam in America is 9/11 and I want to hear what he has to say.
    It's not just about Islam in the USA. He's talking about the history of Islam in AMERICA (as in the American continents). Read the video description on the youtube page.

I already told you that he's already talked about 9/11 on many different occasions. Just because 9/11 occured, as tragic of an event as it was, doesn't mean that American Muslims have to bring it up every single time they talk about their religion in general.

Where he talks about drawing the Gods etc, I closed the window, it's early though.
    I'm 14 minutes into it right now and still no passive aggression. Look dude, you obviously sifted through the video looking for something whine about. If you're not interested, don't watch. No one is forcing you to.

illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Negged. I'm tired of your asinine comments.
    أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

🚷 Anti-Degeneracy League 🚷

https://www.twitter.com/eyeonpalestine

Mossad acronym: ISIS AKA Israeli Secret Intelligence Service

wtf! He's not talking about how the universe revolves around Muslims. He's talking about the history of Islam in America. Is that logically impossible or something?
    That's pretty much what any religion is. It's logically impossible to not mention September 11th and give an accurate representation of Islam in America. Maybe you should watch these things before you post them?

It's not just about Islam in the USA. He's talking about the history of Islam in AMERICA (as in the American continents). Read the video description on the youtube page.

I already told you that he's already talked about 9/11 on many different occasions. Just because 9/11 occured, as tragic of an event as it was, doesn't mean that American Muslims have to bring it up every single time they talk about their religion in general.
    If you want to provide a history, you need to talk about the single most important event in recent history.

I'm 14 minutes into it right now and still no passive aggression. Look dude, you obviously sifted through the video looking for something whine about. If you're not interested, don't watch. No one is forcing you to.
    Interesting, I asked a question you can't answer about something you've posted and you're angry with me. Very telling.

NotoriousARAB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotoriousARAB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotoriousARAB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotoriousARAB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotoriousARAB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotoriousARAB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotoriousARAB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotoriousARAB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotoriousARAB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotoriousARAB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotoriousARAB is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Interesting, I asked a question you can't answer about something you've posted and you're angry with me. Very telling.
    Could you provide the time that these statements occured? I'm 44 minutes into it and I have yet to see it. Thanks.

That's pretty much what any religion is. It's logically impossible to not mention September 11th and give an accurate representation of Islam in America.
    No it isn't, especially if your lecture isn't concerned with very recent history.

Maybe you should watch these things before you post them?
    Maybe you should do the same before criticising the whole thing based on all 14 minutes it took you to evaluate it?

And believe it or not, I can post videos that I think might interest others without watching them entirely myself.

If you want to provide a history, you need to talk about the single most important event in recent history.
    Unless you're not talking about recent history and especially if it's something that's been beaten to death already. What do you want him to say anyway? It's all been said; how many times do American Muslims have to say it before you're satisfied?

Who told you I'm angry? I just don't understand your attitude. I have no idea what unanswered question you're referring to.

Maybe you should do the same before criticising the whole thing based on all 14 minutes it took you to evaluate it?

And believe it or not, I can post videos that I think might interest others without watching them entirely myself.

Unless you're not talking about recent history and especially if it's something that's been beaten to death already. What do you want him to say anyway? It's all been said; how many times do American Muslims have to say it before you're satisfied?
    I think you're confused.

I said very specifically that I have no interest in hearing about the history of a hate group like Islam in the United States. I wanted to hear a very specific comment on a specific issue that killed 3,000 people in my country and was justified by your holy book, which may or may not be commented on in the video you posted (you don't even know apparently).

I wanted to hear what he has to say about it. This is a discussion forum, you should probably familiarize yourself with something you're trying to share with others before you do so.

Who told you I'm angry? I just don't understand your attitude. I have no idea what unanswered question you're referring to.
    Where September 11th was mentioned. Post #4.

illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've read a lot of his posts... I just have no clue as to how he even has that many rep points lol
    أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

🚷 Anti-Degeneracy League 🚷

https://www.twitter.com/eyeonpalestine

Mossad acronym: ISIS AKA Israeli Secret Intelligence Service

Originally Posted by NotoriousARAB View Post
    Could you provide the time that these statements occured? I'm 44 minutes into it and I have yet to see it. Thanks.
    About 34 minutes.

"If you can't draw a dress you never saw..." in reference to others drawng Gods. The orator calls this "powerful" and the crowd audibly responds.

I wonder why that's a powerful statement.

I think you're confused.

I said very specifically that I have no interest in hearing about the history of a hate group like Islam in the United States. I wanted to hear a very specific comment on a specific issue that killed 3,000 people in my country and was justified by your holy book, which may or may not be commented on in the video you posted (you don't even know apparently).
    Well in that case, the confusion occured on your part since neither the title nor the video description gave any indication about 9/11 being the central issue of the lecture. It's your fault for reading the words "Islam" and "America" and immediately assuming that the lecture was going to be about 9/11. If you have no interest in the history of Islam in America (the very title of this thread), why'd you even click?

As for your casual claim that the Qur'an justifies 9/11, which you probably thought you weren't going to get called out on, can you show me how/where exactly the Qur'an justifies 9/11? I'd love to see this.

I wanted to hear what he has to say about it.
    Google it.

This is a discussion forum, you should probably familiarize yourself with something you're trying to share with others before you do so.
    That's something you should caution yourself about since you're one who made all kinds of irrelevant comments about the content of the video.

Originally Posted by Danny23 View Post
    I've read a lot of his posts... I just have no clue as to how he even has that many rep points lol
    I'm a harsh critic of religion, but I usually post about other things.

NotoriousARAB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotoriousARAB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotoriousARAB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotoriousARAB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotoriousARAB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotoriousARAB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotoriousARAB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotoriousARAB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotoriousARAB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotoriousARAB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NotoriousARAB is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    About 34 minutes.

"If you can't draw a dress you never saw..." in reference to others drawng Gods. The orator calls this "powerful" and the crowd audibly responds.

Oh yes, that's right. Thanks.

edit: Why is that a powerful statement? Well the man asked the painters to paint clothing on him that they had never seen. The painters protested saying how can they paint something they never saw and the man replied by asking them why they have such a problem with it if they have no problem painting other things (like God) which they have never seen. You should go back and listen to it if you're confused about it.
    Last edited by NotoriousARAB; 05-06-2008 at 10:00 AM.

Well in that case, the confusion occured on your part since neither the title nor the video description gave any indication about 9/11 being the central issue of the lecture. It's your fault for reading the words "Islam" and "America" and immediately assuming that the lecture was going to be about 9/11. If you have no interest in the history of Islam in America (the very title of this thread), why'd you even click?

As for your casual claim that the Qur'an justifies 9/11, which you probably thought you weren't going to get called out on, can you show me how/where exactly the Qur'an justifies 9/11? I'd love to see this.
    Straight from the horses mouth, Bin Laden's first words in his "Letter to America" was two of the more hateful verses of the Koran.

Google it.
    I was using youtube. There are a lot of his videos, but nothing I could find with 9/11 or september 11th in the title.

That's something you should caution yourself about since you're one who made all kinds of irrelevant comments about the content of the video.
    The video you didn't watch, haha. Whatever.

About 34 minutes.

That's passive aggressive? He was quoting a black Muslim slave who earned his freedom and became famous later on. When he went to England, some people wanted to paint a picture of him in his native dress. He didn't have it, so he offered to describe it for them so that they can draw him wearing it using their imagination. They said "how can we draw you wearing a dress we've never seen?" He replied "how can you draw a God you've never seen?" It is a powerful statement for Muslims who are strongly opposed to drawing pictures of God.

How is that aggressive in any way? You're exagerating. Again, it all goes back to your attitude.

Where September 11th was mentioned. Post #4.
    I already told you I was still going through the lecture and didn't know if it was mentioned or not. I answered the question you asked me. I didn't ignore your question.

That's passive aggressive? He was quoting a black Muslim slave who earned his freedom and became famous later on. When he went to England, some people wanted to paint a picture of him in his native dress. He didn't have it, so he offered to describe it for them so that they can draw him wearing it using their imagination. They said "how can we draw you wearing a dress we've never seen?" He replied "how can you draw a God you've never seen?" It is a powerful statement for Muslims who are strongly opposed to drawing pictures of God.

How is that aggressive in any way? You're exagerating. Again, it all goes back to your attitude.
    That's the first thing I forwarded too after the first 10 minutes. It's obviously passive aggressive, call it whatever you want, I don't really care.

I already told you I was still going through the lecture and didn't know if it was mentioned or not. I answered the question you asked me. I didn't ignore your question.
    You couldn't answer a question you don't know the answer to.

Who cares, this is just going to turn into semantics. I had the whole thing playing through, he didn't mention September 11th at all.

Straight from the horses mouth, Bin Laden's first words in his "Letter to America" was two of the more hateful verses of the Koran.
    Excellent. All that verse says is that the believers are given permission to fight those who fight them (ie; they are allowed to defend themselves). Do you find that problematic? Is it not understandable that people have the right to defend themselves?

That verse doesn't justify 9/11 (ie; killing innocent civilians), so that's a major failure on your part. Want to try again?

I was using youtube. There are a lot of his videos, but nothing I could find with 9/11 or september 11th in the title.
    Too bad.

The video you didn't watch, haha. Whatever.
    lulz, the video that you didn't watch either, te he!

The difference between me and you, despite the fact that I was at least going through it and am more than half way through right now, is that you proceeded to CRITICIZE the video without watching it. That's the problem.

That's the first thing I forwarded too after the first 10 minutes. It's obviously passive aggressive, call it whatever you want, I don't really care.
    How is it passive aggressive? You're supposed to be able to explain if it's that obvious. Obviously followers of different religions have different beliefs. Just because their beliefs (in this case, the permissibility of drawing God) differ, doesn't mean they're being aggressive towards one another. See how easy it is to explain why it's not passive aggressive ? That's what I call "obvious."

You couldn't answer a question you don't know the answer to.
    I meant that I noticed your inquiry and replied to it.

Who cares, this is just going to turn into semantics. I had the whole thing playing through, he didn't mention September 11th at all.

Yeah, he doesn't have to if he finds it irrelevant to the topic at hand. Now that I'm more than half way through it, I can understand why.