Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000)

Just can't shed the fat!

I just can't shed the fat. I don't know what to do.

I'm 185lbs, about 16%BF. I'm on the following routine, with cardio 4-5 days a week. I do numerous things for cardio to mix it up. An hour or more of basketball, 15 mins of sprints, or a 2-3 mile run are my usuals. I never tried HIIT

Mon: Legs/Bi
    Tues: Chest/Tri
    Thurs: Back/Bi/Forearm
    Fri: Shoulders/Tri

I just can't see to shed the fat. I tried cutting towards the beginning of this year for 3 months. Only lost like 4lbs (1lb a week for the first month) and 1%BF then progress just died completely. I tried changing things around but nothing would work. I then tried to bulk for 2-3 weeks and felt fat and unsuccessful since I gave up on my goal, so here I am again.

My diet over the last week 1/2 has been, on average, 2300 cals a day. I've been eating 185g of carbs and protein a day, and the rest in fats.

I'm actually getting over being sick right now, so I had taken this week off. This is my plan for next week - tell me what you think. I'm going to get on some version of 20 rep squats (actually meant as a bulking program, but oh well) M,W,F probably, and do HIIT for 10 mins 5 times a week. I'll be eating about the same as now. If I make some progress (i.e. lose a lb or two) I'll continue until progress fails and then try something new. If I don't, I'll come ask you guys for help again..lol

What do you guys think of that ^^? Reps for the help.

Sorry, no cliffs.
    "Build YOUR body, not everybody else's." - Me

Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000) Ryall is just really nice. (+1000)
    Anybody? I know it's a long read, but I'd appreciate it.

beaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) beaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) beaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) beaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) beaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) beaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) beaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) beaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) beaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) beaul will become famous soon enough. (+50) beaul will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Have you been keeping track of your waist and body fat? Being 16 scale numbers can lie. You are growing. Take advantage of that and eat around maintenance level or just shy of it if you want to lose fat. Just be consistent. You are in muscle building prime at your age. I would encourage you to bulk until you are 19-21 but I can understand wanting to get the fat off. Make sure you are pushing hard in the gym. Gotta push it hard, don't just go through the motions.

Originally Posted by beaul View Post
    Have you been keeping track of your waist and body fat? Being 16 scale numbers can lie. You are growing. Take advantage of that and eat around maintenance level or just shy of it if you want to lose fat. Just be consistent. You are in muscle building prime at your age. I would encourage you to bulk until you are 19-21 but I can understand wanting to get the fat off. Make sure you are pushing hard in the gym. Gotta push it hard, don't just go through the motions.
    I definitely push it harder every workout. See the sig quote. There is no question that my workouts are intense. I have however reset squat and deadlifts way back multiple times to get the form down. I feel like I've finally got them though, so they should be skyrocketing .

I realize this. Hence, I don't want to go all out on a cut, but rather eat around maintenance level and live life a bit. But like you noted, it'd be awesome to get down to ~12% and be able to do the same thing, just look a little better.

So, you think if I just consistently get good rest, a fair diet, and a good routine, I'll eventually shed some pounds, and in the meantime build a bit of muscle?

Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    What kind of carb's are you eating to equal 185 grams?

Originally Posted by Joe Go View Post
    What kind of carb's are you eating to equal 185 grams?
    A lot of WW rice, bread, pasta; a bit of milk.

There is a bit of junk in there as well, though. At school I usually have a sandwich or something and I'm sure there aren't the healthiest carbs in there, as well as when I resort to breakfast there. Occasionally some cereal.

Shinjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shinjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shinjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shinjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shinjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shinjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shinjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shinjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shinjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shinjan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shinjan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Maybe work your bigger muscles i.e chest, back and legs more than you usually do? I read that somewhere, dont remember the article sry. HIIT works really well I find to shed off initial bodyfat. Try biking ?.. Really biking btw, not just biking up and down the streets leisurely, I mean really going till you just fall off you bike at the end cuz your quads are dead haha.. I have pretty much the same problem as you man, just sharing what I've learnt.

Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Ryall View Post
    A lot of WW rice, bread, pasta; a bit of milk.

There is a bit of junk in there as well, though. At school I usually have a sandwich or something and I'm sure there aren't the healthiest carbs in there, as well as when I resort to breakfast there. Occasionally some cereal.
    That's were your slow down is. If you could some how stuff in some better carb sources through out the day it will help. You could also try carb cycling through out the week. Just make sure you replace the lost calories from carb cycling with protein and fat.

Good luck! It's not going to be easy for you to keep a great diet due to school. Make sure you have fun with your friends along the way.

Originally Posted by Joe Go View Post
    That's were your slow down is. If you could some how stuff in some better carb sources through out the day it will help. You could also try carb cycling through out the week. Just make sure you replace the lost calories from carb cycling with protein and fat.

Good luck! It's not going to be easy for you to keep a great diet due to school. Make sure you have fun with your friends along the way.
    Yeah. I definitely have found a balance between bingeing and enjoying myself here and there.

Unfortunately there really isn't much I can do to change the carbs up, and carb cycling would be near impossible b/c of school. I guess I'll just keep doing what I'm doing, maybe up the cardio a bit or try HIIT.