fsfsfs is not very well liked. (-100) fsfsfs is not very well liked. (-100) fsfsfs is not very well liked. (-100) fsfsfs is not very well liked. (-100) fsfsfs is not very well liked. (-100) fsfsfs is not very well liked. (-100) fsfsfs is not very well liked. (-100) fsfsfs is not very well liked. (-100) fsfsfs is not very well liked. (-100) fsfsfs is not very well liked. (-100) fsfsfs is not very well liked. (-100)

Questions about personal training career

I am really into working out and interested in learning about human anatomy and stuff. Lets say I major in kinesiology, and ive been doing part time at a uni gym for 3 years... then i pursue onto masters. Would i make good money if I make PT as my full time career.

Also... for all the PTs out there... Are you able to make decent-good money? (Comparing salary to cubicle jobs). Is it fun/Do you really really enjoy it? and how are the hrs?

Thanks

Edit: Also, what post secondary did you guys go to?
    Last edited by fsfsfs; 04-04-2013 at 08:57 PM.

Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The act of training people is fun. The business side is sometimes too much for people. You have to advertise to gain clients. If you are ready to advertise then you will have clients.
    NASM (CPT)
    ISSA (CFT)

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Endevorforever View Post
    The act of training people is fun. The business side is sometimes too much for people. You have to advertise to gain clients. If you are ready to advertise then you will have clients.
    I agree with you. the business side is the most challenging part. I love to help people reach their physique goals so I continue to press on
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My degree is unrelated (education) but if you get a degree in kinesiology and especially with a masters, you certainly aren't limiting yourself to only PT. Don't forget to take basic practical business/marketing/taxation courses as part of your electives though, that is one regret that I have.

workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000) workinithard is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This is a friend of a friend of a friend story BUT!!!!

friend knew this dude that had his own gym and was a PT anyways he eventually did the sports nutrition/exercise coach for the Miami dolphins.

now I dont know how true this is BUT you could always end up doing that too. So don't limit yourself to just working in they gym with a few new people.

Just food for thought.

jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jalundah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    that is true but it usually takes years of internships(or just a couple, and knowing the right people) with a master's degree just to get a job as an assistant strength and conditioning coach making 35k a year

if you want to be a successful PT you NEED to know how to market and advertise. if you aren't a people person as well as being business savvy, being a successful PT is not going to happen

fsfsfs is not very well liked. (-100) fsfsfs is not very well liked. (-100) fsfsfs is not very well liked. (-100) fsfsfs is not very well liked. (-100) fsfsfs is not very well liked. (-100) fsfsfs is not very well liked. (-100) fsfsfs is not very well liked. (-100) fsfsfs is not very well liked. (-100) fsfsfs is not very well liked. (-100) fsfsfs is not very well liked. (-100) fsfsfs is not very well liked. (-100)
    is it true that personal trainers themselves workout a lot less because they stay in gym all day long + worn out from working clients?

Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by fsfsfs View Post
    is it true that personal trainers themselves workout a lot less because they stay in gym all day long + worn out from working clients?
    Nope it comes from working a commercial gym's split shift, and focusing on sales too much. Maybe the stress hormone cortisol?
    NASM (CPT)
    ISSA (CFT)

B.Love is just really nice. (+1000) B.Love is just really nice. (+1000) B.Love is just really nice. (+1000) B.Love is just really nice. (+1000) B.Love is just really nice. (+1000) B.Love is just really nice. (+1000) B.Love is just really nice. (+1000) B.Love is just really nice. (+1000) B.Love is just really nice. (+1000) B.Love is just really nice. (+1000) B.Love is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by fsfsfs View Post
    Myself and my co-trainers all work split shifts. ~4hrs in the am and ~4hrs in the pm. Not much business mid day where we are at.. So I either get my workout in early morning before my clients or in my mid day break.

also, are PT's hrs really like.. bad and unstable? I heard that they might not have time for their family sometimes

Hmm.. is it better to have PT Part time and having another career as full time? Cus im not really sure what i wanna be in the future.. but i know im interested in working out and **** related to that
    Last edited by fsfsfs; 04-06-2013 at 09:41 PM.