Registered User mmmcookiesnmilk's Avatar
    mmmcookiesnmilk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmmcookiesnmilk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmmcookiesnmilk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmmcookiesnmilk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmmcookiesnmilk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmmcookiesnmilk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmmcookiesnmilk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmmcookiesnmilk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmmcookiesnmilk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmmcookiesnmilk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmmcookiesnmilk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Question Running at night & sleeping

I need to budget my time better and want to get in more cardio so I'm thinking about running at night. I'm worried that I'll have trouble sleeping if I exercise later in the day, has anyone had that experience? How many hours do you leave between running and sleep? There just aren't enough hours in the day!

Ladycole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ladycole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ladycole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ladycole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ladycole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ladycole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ladycole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ladycole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ladycole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ladycole has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ladycole has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs up Never had a problem....

I actually find that running in the evening actually makes me fall asleep faster and sleep much deeper. (Contrary to what I've heard & read!!)

If you are concerned, push the run to the limit in the last 5-10 minutes, so that you completely burn it out. Then walk/stretch for cooldown, get a whey/casein blend shake in while dressing down for a shower (at least that's what I do, always multitasking! , and you'll find the exhaustion + hot water preps you quite nicely for bed, at least imo.

Registered User mmmcookiesnmilk's Avatar
    mmmcookiesnmilk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmmcookiesnmilk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmmcookiesnmilk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmmcookiesnmilk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmmcookiesnmilk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmmcookiesnmilk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmmcookiesnmilk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmmcookiesnmilk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmmcookiesnmilk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmmcookiesnmilk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mmmcookiesnmilk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    yeah that sounds really nice actually, running really clears my mind too, so maybe it will help. I guess I should just give it a shot

runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) runner03 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I ran every single night at like 11p.m for over a year and never slept better! It goes person to person, so I would suggest trying it to see.

If you have the energy at night I would say go for it, its better than not doing any exercise, and will most likely help you sleep better.
    "I can feel the wind go by when I run.
    It feels good. It feels fast."

We are living in a world today where lemonade is made from artificial flavors and furniture polish is made from real lemons. ~Alfred E. Newman

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121848731
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106870791

pbolton1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbolton1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbolton1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbolton1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbolton1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbolton1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbolton1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pbolton1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I ran at 11pm my entire college years. We had a track across from my dorm that was lighted until midnight.

I slept great. I'm a "seriously disabled" night person though :-) I never get up before 10 and that is even with difficulty.

Try it and see how it works for you.