Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Unhappy Gained so much weight in 3 weeks (reps for advice)

So I got to my goal weight which was around 142-144lbs and was reverse dieting/maintaining my weight for a few weeks.. I was always hungry, hungrier than when I was dieting in fact.
    One night I ended up having a few "smokes" with a friend and needless to say my self control went out the window and I had a huge binge. Binging continued on and off for about 3 weeks, one part of me thought it's no problem it's only a few pounds that I can cut off if I do gain anything and the other knew I'd regret it lol

Anyway I finally got my self control back and am currently back on a deficit for about 3 days now without any real cravings or feeling that I have to binge (as I said there was another factor that was causing me to binge but I have cut that out).

So my weight has went from around 145lbs (weight before any binging started), right up to 163lbs - 18lb gain.

Given that some of the weight could still be water retention (haven't really cut out carbs since binging, just a deficit), and some of the weight might be a small amount of muscle/other LBM, etc I would be looking at 10-15lb of fat gain I guess?

One part of me hates myself for what I did, and the other is telling myself that I am only human. It's just annoying because the next few weeks I'll spend cutting that off could have been used for bulking up sensibly and gaining muscle rather than fat, also the fact that I look like a damn blob compared to my AVI lol. I just feel really down about it at times, anyone able to advise?
    Last edited by Tal106; 08-15-2015 at 04:25 AM.

PsyLadX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PsyLadX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PsyLadX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PsyLadX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PsyLadX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PsyLadX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PsyLadX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PsyLadX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PsyLadX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PsyLadX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PsyLadX has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Relax bruv. Keep dem reps.
    Same story here, different perspective though. Allow me to explain..

I was on a year long cut. I got down to my lowest ever weight thru sheer hard work & commitment. Lifting thrice a week along with swimming HIIT twice and once a week sauna session. Quit smoking too. Was on top of the world. Soon compliments started rolling in left, right & centre.

Then it happened..

Met a tonne of old mates. Resulted in excessive partying, smoking, drinking, "etc". One thing led to another & before i knew it, i blew my cutting gainz in a matter of 2 months. Plus I got wasy fatter than ever before. A total of 20 lb gain! Several eople laughed at me cuz i relapsed. I let myself down by succumbing to my old wild crazy lifestyle. Felt like absolute shyt.

But was it worth it? You bet it was! No regrets whatsoever. It was crazy fun. Bonded with old friends again, laughed & danced & the works. Damn i got so much bro-love for them.
    So what next? Know what i did?

I got back on a cut. This time, joined bb.com forums, did it the right way with the help of fellow members. After, 2 months of cutting, now, I am a pound away from my lowest weight once again. Better yet, this time i have a better body composition. I am the strongest i have ever been YET. This time, idgaf about the weight loss outcome anymore. The journey itself is extremely rewrding for me. Keep improving, keep challenging myself, keep trying again & again & again.. what a rush!!!

So I say to you. Dont be disheartened bruv.
    Get up, brush yourself off & get back in the game! And this time, make it personal. More like 'revenge' for the relapse, get it?! crazy notion i know, but it works!

Join our August - October weight loss challenge in this LF forum (check my sig for url). The motivation in the thread is ape **** crazy!! srs

Learn from ur mistake & move on. Everyone fails man. what makes a person successful is how he deals with failure.
    Focus on solutions, not problems itself.

Enough talk. Now Go Get 'Em !!

Desire > Willingness > Strategy > Execution > Consistency > Perseverance > Reflection > Improvement = Continued Success

sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sevenhm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Isn't this the third time something like this has happened to you? last time it was alcohol i believe. You're overthinking how much fat you may have gained. As in your previous threads most of it will be water. How much? it's pointless to try to guess and you're only making it more mentally daunting for no reason. If you make a mistake move on. If it happens repeatedly it's no longer a mistake. If you can no longer adhere and keep sanity it's time to rethink your plan.One important thing to remember is spending so much time in a deficit isn't in line with big picture goals.By that i mean you could have spent lets say 2-3 years gaining more size and increasing your intake.Instead you're just spinning your wheels trying to control something you no longer can sustain. Just get back to maintenance and keep that for a few weeks till your weight stabilizes then slow bulk.

I went through a similar ordeal the first time i got very lean except i couldn't stop eating. Once i started i couldn't stop and every time I'd tell myself i would get back on track the next day it never happened. Instead i spent a month or two eating at least 2k more than what i needed but i didn't really gain much fat which was lucky. Nevertheless, i got to a point where i mentally felt great and physically i gained size/strength. So when it was time for me to get lean again it was extremely easy and i was able to sustain it. It's funny to me now but just so you get an idea in one sitting i said i would just take a bite of something and ended up eating 2 chipotle burrito', half a tiramisu cake, a bag of sesame seed honey cashews, a box of cookies. That was one sitting out of like 4-5 that day.

Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ^Thanks repped both

Sevenhm yeah it has happened a few times, but I know in my head I can't let it happen again. I don't want to spin my wheels but I really want to drop the weight again, I feel terrible when I look in the mirror, my face looks puffy and I feel gross in general.. Like my cut had no point to it. I just want to get and stay lean. Whatever amount of fat I have actually gained is definitely noticeable

FarmerBrain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FarmerBrain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FarmerBrain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FarmerBrain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FarmerBrain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FarmerBrain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FarmerBrain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FarmerBrain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FarmerBrain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FarmerBrain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FarmerBrain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Tal106 View Post
    So I got to my goal weight which was around 142-144lbs and was reverse dieting/maintaining my weight for a few weeks.. I was always hungry, hungrier than when I was dieting in fact.
    One night I ended up having a few "smokes" with a friend and needless to say my self control went out the window and I had a huge binge. Binging continued on and off for about 3 weeks, one part of me thought it's no problem it's only a few pounds that I can cut off if I do gain anything and the other knew I'd regret it lol

Anyway I finally got my self control back and am currently back on a deficit for about 3 days now without any real cravings or feeling that I have to binge (as I said there was another factor that was causing me to binge but I have cut that out).

So my weight has went from around 145lbs (weight before any binging started), right up to 163lbs - 18lb gain.

Given that some of the weight could still be water retention (haven't really cut out carbs since binging, just a deficit), and some of the weight might be a small amount of muscle/other LBM, etc I would be looking at 10-15lb of fat gain I guess?

One part of me hates myself for what I did, and the other is telling myself that I am only human. It's just annoying because the next few weeks I'll spend cutting that off could have been used for bulking up sensibly and gaining muscle rather than fat, also the fact that I look like a damn blob compared to my AVI lol. I just feel really down about it at times, anyone able to advise?
    Unless you ate 3000 calorie surplus daily for the 3 weeks then some of it is definitely water/glycogen. You were likely low/below your body's set point for water/glycogen since you were cutting, so even just going to maintenance you would have gained some scale weight (not fat).

Either way, don't beat your self up over what happened, but ask yourself why did it happen and fix the underlying issue so it does not happen again. Maybe you are to restrictive with food choices, or something else?

I understand that you want to cut some of that fat you gained off from your binge, so I'd do that for next couple weeks. But grand scheme, so what if it means you start bulking a couple weeks later than you had originally want. If what you are doing (eating/lifting/cutting/bulking/etc) is not sustainable for life/long term, you need to maybe tone it down and be less restrictive/obsessed with it. It is only one piece of your life, and bodybuilding is a very slow process which takes years & years, so what you are doing must work long term.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Here's the problem with the guilt cycle:

- Slip up on the diet, feel incredibly bad.

- Tighten up on willpower so it doesn't happen again.

- Run out of willpower and slip up again. Say "what the hell" and wallow in it for awhile.

- Rinse and repeat.

The more guilty you make yourself feel, the more energy you tend to put into NOT making the same "mistake". The energy you have for these things is finite, and will be exhausted eventually.

You have to break the cycle by allowing yourself to slip up and NOT feel bad about it. That way you can be flexible enough to take a small hit now and then, instead of big ones too frequently.

If you can't reconcile that, you'll always be dealing with this inflexible and brittle approach.

stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by PsyLadX View Post
    Relax bruv. Keep dem reps.
    Same story here, different perspective though. Allow me to explain..

I was on a year long cut. I got down to my lowest ever weight thru sheer hard work & commitment. Lifting thrice a week along with swimming HIIT twice and once a week sauna session. Quit smoking too. Was on top of the world. Soon compliments started rolling in left, right & centre.

Then it happened..

Met a tonne of old mates. Resulted in excessive partying, smoking, drinking, "etc". One thing led to another & before i knew it, i blew my cutting gainz in a matter of 2 months. Plus I got wasy fatter than ever before. A total of 20 lb gain! Several eople laughed at me cuz i relapsed. I let myself down by succumbing to my old wild crazy lifestyle. Felt like absolute shyt.

But was it worth it? You bet it was! No regrets whatsoever. It was crazy fun. Bonded with old friends again, laughed & danced & the works. Damn i got so much bro-love for them.
    So what next? Know what i did?

I got back on a cut. This time, joined bb.com forums, did it the right way with the help of fellow members. After, 2 months of cutting, now, I am a pound away from my lowest weight once again. Better yet, this time i have a better body composition. I am the strongest i have ever been YET. This time, idgaf about the weight loss outcome anymore. The journey itself is extremely rewrding for me. Keep improving, keep challenging myself, keep trying again & again & again.. what a rush!!!

So I say to you. Dont be disheartened bruv.
    Get up, brush yourself off & get back in the game! And this time, make it personal. More like 'revenge' for the relapse, get it?! crazy notion i know, but it works!

Join our August - October weight loss challenge in this LF forum (check my sig for url). The motivation in the thread is ape **** crazy!! srs

Learn from ur mistake & move on. Everyone fails man. what makes a person successful is how he deals with failure.
    Focus on solutions, not problems itself.

Enough talk. Now Go Get 'Em !!

You my friend are the example of what God has been growing in me. You just blessed me with your life lessons. Thanks.
    Why do I do this weightlifting thing for the last 34 years with all its ups and downs life has handed me? Because each time I came back stronger. NEVER GIVE UP. Gym life is about more than muscles getting bigger and weights going up. Its wisdom discipline dedication humility you name it.

stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    Here's the problem with the guilt cycle:

- Slip up on the diet, feel incredibly bad.

- Tighten up on willpower so it doesn't happen again.

- Run out of willpower and slip up again. Say "what the hell" and wallow in it for awhile.

- Rinse and repeat.

The more guilty you make yourself feel, the more energy you tend to put into NOT making the same "mistake". The energy you have for these things is finite, and will be exhausted eventually.

You have to break the cycle by allowing yourself to slip up and NOT feel bad about it. That way you can be flexible enough to take a small hit now and then, instead of big ones too frequently.

If you can't reconcile that, you'll always be dealing with this inflexible and brittle approach.
    This is good as well Thanks to you also.
    Why do I do this weightlifting thing for the last 34 years with all its ups and downs life has handed me? Because each time I came back stronger. NEVER GIVE UP. Gym life is about more than muscles getting bigger and weights going up. Its wisdom discipline dedication humility you name it.