Cardellichio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to get faster out of your stance in football?

I need to get faster off the ball for o line and d line. I am gonna get leaner, and i have been jumping rope, which i heard is good for quickness and coordination. Any other suggestions?

3flips6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3flips6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3flips6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3flips6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3flips6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3flips6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3flips6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3flips6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3flips6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3flips6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3flips6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Cardellichio View Post
    I need to get faster off the ball for o line and d line. I am gonna get leaner, and i have been jumping rope, which i heard is good for quickness and coordination. Any other suggestions?
    my broscience would say to increase your 40yd dash time.

Trexmeyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trexmeyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trexmeyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trexmeyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trexmeyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trexmeyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trexmeyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trexmeyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trexmeyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trexmeyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trexmeyer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Front Squats, done explosively, not grinding them out slowly. Power Cleans. Practice. Anything that increases your first step basically. Good luck.

SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by 3flips6 View Post
    my broscience would say to increase your 40yd dash time.
    Your 40 has nothing to do with getting off the line. The 40 is to test top speed. Getting off the line is explosiveness, acceleration and technique.

saltydoggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) saltydoggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) saltydoggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) saltydoggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) saltydoggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) saltydoggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) saltydoggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) saltydoggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) saltydoggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) saltydoggy will become famous soon enough. (+50) saltydoggy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Are you getting ran over? or are they getting past your before you get up/ blocking you out before you get up? If its the first part then you need to work on explosive workouts. Your going to need your weight and strength based on the positions you play so stick to power/ explosive lifts. If it is the latter, then you need to work on your technique because they are either swimming or grabbing you by the shoulder pads and blocking you out.

Swimming (D)- You do a swimming motion with the arm closest to your opponent, the arm will go over their shoulder, as you do this your other arm will push your opponent's arm in or push him away from you. (other arm will go under swimming arm) As you bring your swimming arm down you push the opponents back and either contain or pursue.

Rip (D or O)- When the opponent gets a hold of you, keep your arm L shaped. While doing this forcefully break their grip with an upward motion of your L shaped arm going across your body. Swing your arm around and either block (O) after you've broken their grip or break the grip and rush the hole.

Hammer fist (D or O) - When your opponent grabs onto you, use your forearms and smash down onto their hands in result breaking their grip.

These are just some simple techniques you can use. I haven't played football in a while, thats kind of some bits and pieces I remember. Look online for O-line/ D-line drills.

3flips6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3flips6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3flips6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3flips6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3flips6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3flips6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3flips6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3flips6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3flips6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3flips6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 3flips6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by SDOptimist View Post
    Your 40 has nothing to do with getting off the line. The 40 is to test top speed. Getting off the line is explosiveness, acceleration and technique.
    whose to say 40yd isnt explosivenes, acceleration, and technique? lol
    it would still help all around

also to add work on your explosiveness, do burpees and stuff

NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by 3flips6 View Post
    whose to say 40yd isnt explosivenes, acceleration, and technique? lol
    it would still help all around

also to add work on your explosiveness, do burpees and stuff
    Yikes!

Anyways, op. When accelerating from a complete stand still max strength and the rate that you can develop force are gonna be the things that get you outta your stance. Since the first step of a sprint is always a push (You can try to "pull", but I don't think you'll go anywhere), front squats, like was said earlier, is a great tool to utilize. Back squats are great too. Then there's the whole "how fast you can develop power" thing. Power cleans, hang cleans, and speed deadlift are all tools to help you with that. Remember, with power stuff keep the reps low so you're not just doing conditioning. You want each rep to be FAST!
    ★★★USF MISC CREW★★★
    **MISC Strength Crew**

"If thou wilt make a man happy, add not unto his riches but take away from his desires." - Epicurus

PRs
    500/405/615

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159250211

MS,CSCS,CF-L1,USAW,WBB HamburgerTrain's Avatar
    HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SDOptimist View Post
    It takes most humans 60+ yards to get out of the acceleration phase. There is no way you can be at "top speed" in only 40 yards.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."

MMAbrah23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MMAbrah23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MMAbrah23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MMAbrah23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MMAbrah23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MMAbrah23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MMAbrah23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MMAbrah23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MMAbrah23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MMAbrah23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MMAbrah23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Rug workouts, parachute workouts, squats. Google it bitch boy. Jk love you.

dinfection will become famous soon enough. (+50) dinfection will become famous soon enough. (+50) dinfection will become famous soon enough. (+50) dinfection will become famous soon enough. (+50) dinfection will become famous soon enough. (+50) dinfection will become famous soon enough. (+50) dinfection will become famous soon enough. (+50) dinfection will become famous soon enough. (+50) dinfection will become famous soon enough. (+50) dinfection will become famous soon enough. (+50) dinfection will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Cardellichio View Post
    Do some interval training with short distances every other day and you'll see improvements