timmay0277 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Running Training

Hey gang i have a question for the long distance runners out there. Im currently training for a marathon and wanted to know what is the best way for me to get to that distance. Ive run numerous half-marathons but never a full one. Should i run every other day and slowly increase my distance or can i run on consecutive days and do that as well. Im currently trying every other day and wanted to know if running on consecutives days would be more harm then good. Thanks

flipnch1nese7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flipnch1nese7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flipnch1nese7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flipnch1nese7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flipnch1nese7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flipnch1nese7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flipnch1nese7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flipnch1nese7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flipnch1nese7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flipnch1nese7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) flipnch1nese7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The only way to get good at distance running is to run every day or at least six days a week.

If you want to seriously run a marathon, or even cover the full distance, you have to run every day. For long running, your body can handle more than you think, it's not like weightlifting where you take rest days.

Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by flipnch1nese7 View Post
    The only way to get good at distance running is to run every day or at least six days a week.

If you want to seriously run a marathon, or even cover the full distance, you have to run every day.
    Not necessarily, most training programs have 2-3 rest days (or 1 rest day, 1 day of crosstraining). I don't know of any program out there that has you running every day. The only way to get good at distance running is to run long distance.

mplumrid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i find running every second to third day is giving me great resaults. when i try to go back to back days my body just doesnt have the stamina to run for a few hours straight. easyest way is to just add on a km or so every run and keep at it.
    in a month and a half ive pushed my max distance by 12km and im a 250lb smoker :S

rnlindne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rnlindne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rnlindne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by flipnch1nese7 View Post

If you want to seriously run a marathon, or even cover the full distance, you have to run every day. For long running, your body can handle more than you think, it's not like weightlifting where you take rest days.
    Thats ridiculous. I trained for a marathon running three days a week. Boom.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)