iLLRanJhA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iLLRanJhA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iLLRanJhA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iLLRanJhA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how to get rid of the last 20 lbs by august 20th?

the first 70 was easy, the last 20 is a pain.

any suggestions?

hows this for the first 2 weeks?

mon/wed/ = chest/back (MACHINES)
    tues/thurs = biceps/triceps (MACHINES)
    friday = abs/shoulders (MACHINES)

Diet: under 1400 calories.

any tips?
    Weight Loss Status
    Jan 07 : 265 lbs
    Jan 12 : 228 lbs

Goals
    Jun 12 : 180 lbs
    Sept 12 : 172 lbs

everynewday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) everynewday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) everynewday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) everynewday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) everynewday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) everynewday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think your calories are way too low especially if you are doing that much lifting, especially considering you are 6'1".

What does your diet look like? what kind of exercises do you do on those days? any cardio?

mwatson is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwatson is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwatson is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwatson is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwatson is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwatson is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwatson is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwatson is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwatson is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwatson is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwatson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You need more cals, bump it up to around 2000 or so. You need to train your legs. You need to lift free weights, heavy compound movements. What are you doing for cardio? What does your diet look like aside from total calories?

L_Dub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Reduce, or better yet eliminate sugar and processed foods.

http://www.best-abs-exercises.com/abs-diet-plan.html

iLLRanJhA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iLLRanJhA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iLLRanJhA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iLLRanJhA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by everynewday View Post
    I think your calories are way too low especially if you are doing that much lifting, especially considering you are 6'1".

What does your diet look like? what kind of exercises do you do on those days? any cardio?
    basically the 'fatter calories' come from the bread, meat in my diet.

rest is basically veggies and lean meat.

i try to put in 3 days of 30 mins cardio
    Weight Loss Status

Goals

Vineshway will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vineshway will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vineshway will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vineshway will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vineshway will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vineshway will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vineshway will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vineshway will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vineshway will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vineshway will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vineshway will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    spare no effort
    [ no advertising in signature ]

tnguyen8485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tnguyen8485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tnguyen8485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tnguyen8485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tnguyen8485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tnguyen8485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tnguyen8485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tnguyen8485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tnguyen8485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tnguyen8485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tnguyen8485 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hows your cardio sessions look?....3x of 30min light cardio or intense?. try hiit, it work wonders. i say up the cardio . try something like 3x liss and 2x hiit per week
    Last edited by tnguyen8485; 05-01-2008 at 05:18 AM.

steviekm3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steviekm3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steviekm3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steviekm3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steviekm3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steviekm3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steviekm3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steviekm3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steviekm3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steviekm3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steviekm3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by iLLRanJhA View Post
    the first 70 was easy, the last 20 is a pain.

any suggestions?

hows this for the first 2 weeks?

mon/wed/ = chest/back (MACHINES)
    tues/thurs = biceps/triceps (MACHINES)
    friday = abs/shoulders (MACHINES)

Diet: under 1400 calories.

any tips?
    Okay - only do weights once a week, full body workout 3 exercise per body bat with 2 sets each exercise. Work out around 12:30 in afternoon. Get up around 11am have some breakfast low gi carb/protein of about 500 cal. After working out for remainder of the day consume 2000 cals in 70/30 protein carb mix. Next day another 2500 protein/carb mix same ratio.

Rest of the week ( 5 days ) eat mainly protein/carb/fat calorie split of 70/10/20. Max 1500 calories.

There is no need for you to do cardio. Spend the time looking for different foods and snacks that will keep you on your diet. Spend a lot of time sleeping as well and relaxing and meditating to keep your spirits up.

Also you must count calories. Cheating will prevent you from goal. Chart your progress too.

Good luck.

mwatson is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwatson is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwatson is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwatson is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwatson is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwatson is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwatson is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwatson is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwatson is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwatson is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwatson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by steviekm3 View Post
    Okay - only do weights once a week, full body workout 3 exercise per body bat with 2 sets each exercise. Work out around 12:30 in afternoon. Get up around 11am have some breakfast low gi carb/protein of about 500 cal. After working out for remainder of the day consume 2000 cals in 70/30 protein carb mix. Next day another 2500 protein/carb mix same ratio.

Rest of the week ( 5 days ) eat mainly protein/carb/fat calorie split of 70/10/20. Max 1500 calories.

There is no need for you to do cardio. Spend the time looking for different foods and snacks that will keep you on your diet. Spend a lot of time sleeping as well and relaxing and meditating to keep your spirits up.

Also you must count calories. Cheating will prevent you from goal. Chart your progress too.

Good luck.
    Do not listen to this advice, it is terrible.

SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    At 6'1" 190 pounds how could you possibly want to lose 20 more pounds? I am currently 6'1" 210 and would love to get to 190, any less and I would be a stick. Just asking...

Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
    At 6'1" 190 pounds how could you possibly want to lose 20 more pounds? I am currently 6'1" 210 and would love to get to 190, any less and I would be a stick. Just asking...
    well going from 265 i want to get to my healthy weight range not only for it but as a personal goal. plus im tired of hearing "whatup big guy" i wanna be known as the skinny kid now lol. but seriously.
    Weight Loss Status

Goals

reytard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) reytard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) reytard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) reytard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) reytard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) reytard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) reytard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) reytard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) reytard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) reytard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) reytard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
    holy ****. im 5'8" and i love to be at 170. rofl. somethings wrong here.

Oak-As 916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oak-As 916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oak-As 916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oak-As 916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oak-As 916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oak-As 916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oak-As 916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oak-As 916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oak-As 916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oak-As 916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oak-As 916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Eat more. You will mess up your metabolism eating 1500 calories for any extended period of time. Eat 2000 or so clean cals a day. Lift heavy and hard. Do cardio.

BoMiX6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BoMiX6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Although I might be hitting on some of the same things other people said, here goes what I think.

Start every workout with 5 minutes of cardio to get the blood flowing, and warm yourself up, then do whatever you decide to do as your split. Try and stick with all free weights, or as little machine use as possible. There is nothing wrong with machines but they take away any core muscle use, and concentrate on just the direct muscle movements. Basically you don't have to work as hard stabilizing and such. Since you are trying to cut weight, the free weights will still help build muscle but at the same time, you are going to burn more calories because you are having to draw in more different core muscles for stabilization. At the end of your workout I would suggest 45 minutes of cardio, I know I know, that seems like a lot of time at the gym. How bad do you really want it?

As for your diet, it all depends on what you do as a job, or whatever you do for the 16 hours or so you are awake. You say you are at around 1400, well that is a little low, but I would say try 1800, cut out as many, and I mean as many carbs as possible, but keep protein high. Watch your fat content, and try to eat mainly clean foods, all self made. Its not so much the calories that are the problem, but eating too many bad carbs and fats is whats going to do it for you, calories are what keeps your body going all day, just make sure they are good calories.

I don't know if you are supplementing for your cutting, but try to incorporate Omega 3 fatty acids, and a Good CLA, around 1000 mg, some are low dosage, but I assure you, you want around 950 mg of Conjugated Linoleic Acid(CLA) per capsule. I would also suggest a good digestive enzyme, they can be found at any drug store or nutrition store, they're going to help digest the food faster so your body doesn't go into store mode. CLA is similar, but they both work on different areas or the digestion.
    The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That's what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what happens.

Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you need to eat 60g fat per day, just sayin'