Registered User christopher.victoria's Avatar
    christopher.victoria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) christopher.victoria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) christopher.victoria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) christopher.victoria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) christopher.victoria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) christopher.victoria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) christopher.victoria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) christopher.victoria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) christopher.victoria has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cottage cheese before bed

This question was responded to by one person already, which was alot of help, but before it goes too far down the thread board i would like some more opinion

Original post:
    I am a Marine currently deployed to iraq and I am training twice a day. My
    main goal is weight loss but would like to build and tone my muscles a little at the same time. I hit the weights in the morning and do cardio in
    the evening. 3 days on 1 day off. My weight lifting is 4 sets per excersice in the 12-15 rep range. I wake up at 6:30 have 1 scoop protein, hit
    the gym by 7:00 have another protein shake after my workout around 8:15 along with a box of
    grapefruit juice. 10:30 I have 3 hard boiled egg whites, 1 slice of whole
    grain bread with natural peanut butter and raisins. 1:00 I have lunch which
    normally consist of mixed vegetables and a chicken breast, or 5 slices of
    turkey lunch meat, depends on what the chow hall is serving. 3:30 I have 1
    scoops of protein. 5:30-6:00 I have dinner which consists of the same thing
    lunch did. Then around 8:30 I hit the treadmill for 20-25 minutes and do abs
    and pushups every other day. My big problem and my question is will I be
    killin my cardio if I have cottage cheese right before I go to bed. I usually
    lay down about 10:30 and by then im starving. I know you shouldn't
    eat before you go to bed, but then if your trying to build muscle you should
    have a slow digesting protein before bed. I would love to be able to build a
    little muscle while sliming down, I don't expect to get big just want to tone
    but I feel like when I go to sleep starving im killing any possilbe muscle
    growth. Then again if I eat before I go to bed I feel like im killing the
    cardio I just did and I really want to get rid of the layer of fat surrounding
    my lower abdominal area so I really don't know. Would cottage cheese before i go to bed hurt me or help me? Please help!

Supplements im taking:
    Optimum Gold standard whey
    Optimum super multi vitamin
    Nutrex Anabol 5
    Nutrex Lipo 6x
    Nutrex Ignite
    Gallon and 1/2 water per day.

Thank you for any advice you can give.

Derrick101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derrick101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derrick101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derrick101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derrick101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derrick101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derrick101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derrick101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derrick101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derrick101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Derrick101 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have heard cottage cheese has a lot of cassein protein which is good for slower digesting protein. I know the one I use has 17g protein and 120kcal and about 5 carbs. Use a lean one made with low fat milk.
    I think it is a good source of protein and before bed.

Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Casein ofany sort before bed would be helpful.

I like to do 20+ grams of casein powder with 10-15 grams worth of whey. That way i have a better spread of aminos and the whey helps the casein taste.
    πŸŽ„β›„πŸŽ„InπŸŽ„β›„πŸŽ„

Glorious Pies is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glorious Pies is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glorious Pies is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glorious Pies is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glorious Pies is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glorious Pies is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glorious Pies is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glorious Pies is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glorious Pies is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glorious Pies is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glorious Pies is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by christopher.victoria View Post
    will I be
    killin my cardio if I have cottage cheese right before I go to bed.
    No you wont, in order to "kill" your cardio you have to eat like a pig, so just don't eat like a pig, no matter the time of day.

I know you shouldn't
    eat before you go to bed,
    No.
    I've heard people suggest not having carbs before bed, but I've never heard you should not eat at all, eating before bead can be good, just try and keep the carbs down. Carbs tend to keep people awake, so eating them right before bed can keep you awake. Proteins and fats do not do that, and will be used by the body for repair and maintenance work while you sleep, also fighting catabolism.

but then if your trying to build muscle you should
    have a slow digesting protein before bed.
    You are correct sir! Hit that cottage cheese like it owes you money(sorry bad I know). Or if you can get your hands on some pure casein that works too, they are about the same level of messy, as far as my experience goes.

I would also suggest some sort of fiber supplement with that casein/cottagecheese though, fiber helps to prolong the amount of time your meal takes to digest, giving your body more time to work with the protein you ate. And at any rate is good for you(in moderation).